CG_Doja_Fett_MINI
520 posts EA Community Manager
edited November 2021
[ Developer Insights - Kit Reveal ]
93ueztjrah1e.gif

UNIT NAME: Dash Rendar
ALIGNMENT: Light Side
CATEGORIES: Light Side, Support, Leader, Scoundrel
Charismatic Scoundrel Leader who gives Scoundrel allies Prepared.

ABILITIES:

Basic: FEARLESS ADVANCE

qm7lq376546c.gif

FINAL TEXT: Deal Physical damage 3 times to target enemy. For each critical hit, call another random Prepared ally to assist, dealing 75% less damage (limit once per ally).

Special 1: STOP RIGHT THERE! (Cooldown 2)

384nulvn9erc.gif

FINAL TEXT: Deal Physical damage to target enemy and dispel all buffs on them. Then, Stun them for 1 turn. This attack deals 20% more damage for each buff dispelled.

Special 2: SEEKER MISSILES (Cooldown 4) - Unlocks at Gear Tier 3

skrrijv46voy.gif

FINAL TEXT: Deal Physical damage 3 times to all enemies. The first instance of damage dispels Stealth and Dazes for 2 turns, the second instance of damage inflicts Defense Down for 2 turns, and the third instance of damage inflicts Critical Damage Down for 2 turns. This attack can't be evaded or resisted.

Leader: PREPARED FOR ANYTHING

FINAL TEXT (OMICRON): Scoundrel allies enter the battle Prepared, and Prepared allies gain an additional bonus based on their Role, doubled for Light Side Scoundrels. Whenever a Scoundrel ally gains Prepared, they gain Critical Damage Up and Offense Up for 1 turn.
  • Attacker: +15% Critical Damage
  • Tank: +15% Max Health
  • Support or Healer: +10 Speed and 10% Potency

While in Grand Arena: If an ally loses Prepared, they gain Prepared.

Unique: HOTSHOT
FINAL TEXT (ZETA): Scoundrel allies gain 20% Max Health, 20% Potency, and 20% Offense. Whenever a Prepared ally lands a critical hit, all Prepared allies gain 2% Turn Meter.

Replies

• k
  • Starkiller reqs required at R5 to participate?! Even JKL wasn't THAT bad!
  • No Smuggler tag? Boo.

Paywall to access part of the marquee event? Double boo.
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    Starkiller reqs required at R5 to participate?! Even JKL wasn't THAT bad!

Needed more toons though (hence, more gear and relic scraps)
  • Ultra wrote: »

Needed less marquees though
  • Ultra wrote: »

More total gear, maybe, but you’d need no Flawed signal data and no Aurodiums.
  • Vandor chewy is well prepared for this guy.
  • Does the additional prepared bonus stack? Does it go away when they are no longer prepared?
  • GRANDOLA wrote: »
    Huh, reading this under the BAM lead if you passed han and chewie prepared there should be TM of 4% per attack

What do you mean by "passed Han and Chewie prepared"?
    Huh, reading this under the BAM lead if you passed han and chewie prepared there should be TM of 4% per attack

Fifth would be Young Lando? Young Han would also work, I guess, though it doesn't seem like he gains/passes prepared as easily.
  • kt2ul7fy8snh.png

How can you dispell something for 2 turns?
    DarthNoscoper#6969
  • Sebek wrote: »
    Blarson007 wrote: »
    GRANDOLA wrote: »

By "passed Han and Chewie prepared", they meant granting Prepared to Han/Chewie.

So just have them on the squad? Unless I missed a part of the kit that explicitly grants prepared.
    BAM, Dash, han, chewie and young han would be the team I would say, young han can pass prepared to anyone after a successful attack and then han and chewie should be passing 12% tm per attack.
    Sebek wrote: »
    Sebek wrote: »
    GRANDOLA wrote: »

By "passed Han and Chewie prepared", they meant granting Prepared to Han/Chewie.

So just have them on the squad? Unless I missed a part of the kit that explicitly grants prepared.

Other scoundrels like Young Lando or Young Han can grant Prepared to target allies.

Thanks guys! That clears it up.
  • I hope it's just an oversight that he doesn't have the Smuggler tag. It'd be ridiculous for him not to have it, both for mechanics reasons and lore reasons.
    kt2ul7fy8snh.png

How can you dispell something for 2 turns?

I think it means it dazes for 2 turns.

Good sign that I need sleep.
    Or a serious cognitive reevaluation.
    DarthNoscoper#6969
  • Is the omicron on his lead really good enough for Dash lead to be better than Qira in GAC?
    3v3 FTW
  • Is the omicron on his lead really good enough for Dash lead to be better than Qira in GAC?

Omicrons are likely going to be a hot commodity. And his leader ability looks pretty underwhelming overall. Especially if the prepared bonuses don't stack.
  • Xcien
    2436 posts Member
    This seems like a good kit, and another lead for smugglers. Though the paywall on the Marquee event isn’t cool. And also, why doesn’t Dash have the Smuggler tag?
    I've found this whole experience to be very enlightening.

Thank you for evaluating. Your feedback is appreciated.
  • I don't think there is a paywall on the 4 marquee events, just the Starkiller Legacy/Legends permanent one?
  • So I know I'm not asking anything new but genuinely, why no smuggler tag? I think that's how every single piece of media has described him. Like even his action figure packaging did. His squad is entirely smugglers, it seems super weird to not include it.
  • Dash lead, L3, Vandor Chewie, Young Han and Qi'Ra will be very interesting. Vandir chewie will be tough as a whole coffin with that extra max health from the unique and lead prepared bonus.

Dash's basic and his AoE are absolute mobstrous TM trains with his unique. 3 hits on 5 enemies that cant be evaded, thats 15 hits aka 30% turnmeter which should not be neglected.

Qi'ra getting extra speed will help her greatly. Combined with her unique, thanks to Dash, she will go haywire with all that TM from multi attacks.

BUT this team is evidently zeta heavy. You will at the very least need young han and vandor zetas. And Vandor should be as high relic as possible for all the health.

This team will definetly see improvement, even if it still wont even scratch top teams.
  • I don't feel prepared for this.
    Ally Code 285-115-111
  • I don't think there is a paywall on the 4 marquee events, just the Starkiller Legacy/Legends permanent one?

If you want to engage the final tier that gives you omnicron you need Dash at 5 stars and marquee event gives him 3 stars. So you need to buy (money or crystals) the shards missing with packs, as it may (farming cadence is not out yet) not be farmable when the marquee event will be online.
  • Starslayer wrote: »
    I don't think there is a paywall on the 4 marquee events, just the Starkiller Legacy/Legends permanent one?

If you want to engage the final tier that gives you omnicron you need Dash at 5 stars and marquee event gives him 3 stars. So you need to buy (money or crystals) the shards missing with packs, as it may (farming cadence is not out yet) not be farmable when the marquee event will be online.

Not to mention you only got a month if you want to unlock starkiller on release (assuming he is powerful enough to warrant it) and you need Relic 5 in that month.

Thats a worse short-notice marquee relic requirement than JML was, and he had both MM and Chewpio needed roughly 2-3 months post release. And starkiller needs 4 of those.
  • Sebek wrote: »
    MemeMaster wrote: »
    Starslayer wrote: »
    I don't think there is a paywall on the 4 marquee events, just the Starkiller Legacy/Legends permanent one?

Not to mention you only got a month if you want to unlock starkiller on release (assuming he is powerful enough to warrant it) and you need Relic 5 in that month.

Thats a worse short-notice marquee relic requirement than JML was, and he had both MM and Chewpio needed roughly 2-3 months post release. And starkiller needs 4 of those.

But the event will be permament.

Yeah, hence the remark that the deadline assumes Starkiller warrants it.
  • No smuggler tag….even though his best team comp is smugglers and he’s a smuggler in lore….lol ok….
  • Under Dash's Unique:
    "Even Scoundrels who do not interact with the Prepared mechanic will receive Prepared and gain the bonuses Dash gives them based on their Role."

So, all Scoundrels could get Prepared .. Interesting...
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    mariogsh wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »

Needed less marquees though

Marquees aren't a big deal after 3 months

Event is always available, and after 3 months, marquees are just like any other pre-req in this game

This is a very player friendly release imo,

At least there is no GET gate for newer players, they can easily get Starkiller by marquee farming once they are all farmable

Starkiller isn't a GL so he won't be dominating the meta anytime either