Kit Touch Up: Captain Phasma

CHANGES MARKED IN RED

UNIT NAME: Captain Phasma
ALIGNMENT: Dark Side
CATEGORIES: Dark Side, First Order, Leader, Support
High-damage First Order support that can grant allies many extra attacks.

ABILITIES:

Basic: ONSLAUGHT

FINAL TEXT: Deal Physical Damage to target enemy and inflict Defense Down for 2 turns on a Critical Hit. If this attack is not a Critical Hit, Phasma has a 50% chance to gain Advantage for 2 turns instead.

Special: VICTORY MARCH (Cooldown 4)

FINAL TEXT: All allies gain 50% Turn Meter and Advantage for 2 turns.

Special: FUSILLADE (Cooldown 4)

FINAL TEXT: Deal Physical Damage to all enemies with a 90% chance to inflict Speed Down for 2 turns.

Leader: FIRE AT WILL

FINAL TEXT: (ZETA/OMICRON) First Order allies have +20% Potency, gain Advantage for 2 turns at the start of each encounter, and can't be critically hit while they have Advantage. Whenever an ally attacks, they have a 20% chance to call a random ally to Assist. This chance is tripled if the attacking ally is First Order. If that ally had Advantage, they regain it for 2 turns.

While in Territory Wars: Additional +10% chance to call a random ally to assist. Captain Phasma has +100 Speed. Whenever a First Order ally attacks out of turn, First Order allies recover 5% Health and Protection. Whenever a First Order ally gains Advantage, they also gain 10% Offense (stacking) for the rest of battle and all First Order allies gain 7.5% Turn Meter.

Replies

• Looks absolutely awesome. Super excited for this to be my first om-nom-nomicrom.
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    edited November 2021
    Now this is amazing, although I wished the +100 speed was tied outside of her lead, but interested to see how this changes the TW landscape

but i guess that would make SLKR FO too strong on defense
  • Aw yeah, now thats a **** nice omicron
  • Nice upgrade
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • So, I guess the big question is, when Advantage is applied to FO allies at the start of combat, does that trigger the bonus TM and Offense from the lead? Essentially giving the team a 37.5% TM accelerator and 50% offense?

And then, for that matter, if First Order Allies gain multiple instances of Advantage at the start of combat, (i.e. Hux or Red Unique), will the Omnicron's TM/Offense bonus be applied multiple times?

Because that possibility excites me.
  • KKatarn
    629 posts Member
    edited November 2021
    That is a killer change in territory wars. :o
  • Zumwan
    354 posts Member
    edited November 2021
    Who do you think will be the best squad with her?
    How would you distribute FO toons with/without SLKR?
  • E3P0
    109 posts Member
    So, I guess the big question is, when Advantage is applied to FO allies at the start of combat, does that trigger the bonus TM and Offense from the lead? Essentially giving the team a 37.5% TM accelerator and 50% offense?

And then, for that matter, if First Order Allies gain multiple instances of Advantage at the start of combat, (i.e. Hux or Red Unique), will the Omnicron's TM/Offense bonus be applied multiple times?

Because that possibility excites me.

So far as I understand it going back to the days of the Teebo stealth bug and when Spy had his kit tweaked, yes multiple instances of the same buff get applied multiple times.
  • Zumwan wrote: »

This lead wouldn’t work well with SLKR (TM everywhere).

SLKR, Hux, FOST, SiT, (Kylo)

Phasma, KRU, FOTP, FOSFTP, (FOO)

Not incredibly skilled at First Order, but that feels right. Maybe swap Kylo and FOO.
  • TargetEadu wrote: »
    Zumwan wrote: »

Not incredibly skilled at First Order, but that feels right. Maybe swap Kylo and FOO.

who is SiT?
  • Sith Trooper

I think now you want lobster with Phasma for constant healing
  • Phasma, Sith Trooper, Hux, Kylo Ren, & FOO
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • "Additional +10% chance to call a random ally to assist"
    For First order teams,
    will they have 90% assist chance = (20+10)*3
    or only 70% = 20*3 +10
    ?
  • I also understand it as it being 90%

You don't really want og Kylo with SLKR (at least on defense, it's more manageable but still questionable on offense) because the ai will spam Kylo's aoe, which gives tm to the whole team.
  • FOSFTP onto the SLKR team instead of OG Kylo. Then you have a massive TM gain team under Phasma, and only FOST's special for TM gain on SLKR's.
  • Artumas
    324 posts Member
    edited November 2021
    If this works the way it reads, and based off how certain stuff in the game currently works. (I'd love some clarification on how this is at least supposed to work, because this really does feel "too strong" compared with every other known Omicron outside of maybe scion boba's, who's not "actually" out yet, if it does work how it reads.)

Phasma can break 400 speed, and then with just Phasma + Hux start with 75% TM while preventing the enemy from getting any bonus TM.
    This functionally means that this team outspeeds any team in the game that doesn't prevent bonus TM gain on battle start.

Additionally, with the right team setup, you get nearly imp trooper levels of TM train ridiculousness, and with the right speed/turn order, it should be possible to at least guarantee 4 rounds of turns from the entire team without the enemy team being able to do a single thing, as Phasma should now be providing 87.5% TM from her aoe TM gain ability - Phasma first with AoE damage - characters like FOST or SiT + OG Kylo for a second wave of 100% TM - Phasma 87.5% TM gen - Hux resets her CDs to use it a second time. - You can probably get a 5th set of turns off, but 4's basically nearly guaranteed.

Team I'm personally looking at is Phasma, Hux, OG Kylo, FOST, FOX - FOX gives the entire team 10% TM whenever he crits, with the literally constant assists that actually is going to do a LOT, and he gains the same advantage on basic as both tie pilots, provided the target is debuffed, which ~should~ always be the case due to the fact you're taking way more turns than the enemy team, and you can just not use this team against stuff like Padme or JKR that are hard to debuff. - I think the only viable replacement to FOX is SiT, if you'd rather have the consistency.

I honestly don't think the tie pilots are worth it, and I don't think SiT is going to actually make that big of a difference - FOST provides basically all the same advantages but gives this team a tank in exchange for slightly lower damage output, but also gives it the Geo and Padme advantage of constant buff removal via assists.

While I get the argument for FOO, I'm not entirely convinced his single target-ness is actually going to be worth running him over someone else that constantly spams the advantage TM gain or has an aoe TM gain. I could be wrong on that, but... the fact he doesn't gain advantage on his basic at all might ultimately harm the team's TM train consistency.

I also think that it makes sense to give SLKR the "worse" team because he functionally doesn't really actually need it, and if you're dropping Hux, you can kind of drop the FO-based team and run better alternatives from other DS factions instead - Reminder that SLKR doesn't actually have anything in his own kit that specifies FO, it's just the synergy between him and Hux that leads to the whole "SLKR uses FO" thing.
  • Ultra wrote: »
    Now this is amazing, although I wished the +100 speed was tied outside of her lead, but interested to see how this changes the TW landscape

but i guess that would make SLKR FO too strong on defense

@Ultra It makes sense. The point of the TW specific abilities is to help alleviate the increased number of good squads needed for TW, SLKR doesn’t need to be more powerful and we get a much better FO B team now too
  • Phasma, OG Kylo, FOO, FOX and SiT is going to be so interesting to witness.
  • So i have her Zeta from before the upgrade but not the new omicron ability. It no longer shoes the zeta on the roster screen. This needs to be rectified immediately as it prevents you from seeing at a glance who has zetas.
  • Does phasma still has her zeta ? I had her zeta before but it disappeared as when i look at phasma there is no longer the blue star with the 1 for zeta
  • Xcien
    2436 posts Member
    edited November 2021
    Does phasma still has her zeta ? I had her zeta before but it disappeared as when i look at phasma there is no longer the blue star with the 1 for zeta

Apparently you have to equip the omnicron to see the zeta. Hopefully it gets fixed.
    I've found this whole experience to be very enlightening.

Thank you for evaluating. Your feedback is appreciated.