Solicitation for Topics of Interest

Replies

• Rebmes wrote: »
    I meant that I find it puzzling to hear "we want more ships" over and over, despite having more than enough for current activities. I know why they are saying it. I am concerned that the dev's will hear "we want more ships" over and over and try to compensate, thus having a bearing on the health of the game.

It's kinda like saying we have too many leader characters and can't field a squad for all of them, so we need more non-leader characters.

At the moment it is not even possible to field a full empire fleet. There are 3 possible capital ships to use with empire, but only 6 other ships. That's 1/3 of empire ships is a capital ship. Crazy.

Resistance and F/O have no-where near a fleet, especially now bounty hunters have their own stuff going on.

Galactic Republic have 2 caps but only 8 ships to share between them, even if endurance barely counts.

There are more ship models in game right now. The torrent, the A-wing and B-wing, the droid gunship. There are probably more I'm forgetting. Get them to players. Make a few more tie fighters with pilots like Iden Versio, and many others. Tie interceptors! So many options.

More ways to use ships too please!
  • Rebmes wrote: »
    I meant that I find it puzzling to hear "we want more ships" over and over, despite having more than enough for current activities. I know why they are saying it. I am concerned that the dev's will hear "we want more ships" over and over and try to compensate, thus having a bearing on the health of the game.

It's kinda like saying we have too many leader characters and can't field a squad for all of them, so we need more non-leader characters.

At the moment it is not even possible to field a full empire fleet. There are 3 possible capital ships to use with empire, but only 6 other ships. That's 1/3 of empire ships is a capital ship. Crazy.

Resistance and F/O have no-where near a fleet, especially now bounty hunters have their own stuff going on.

Galactic Republic have 2 caps but only 8 ships to share between them, even if endurance barely counts.

There are more ship models in game right now. The torrent, the A-wing and B-wing, the droid gunship. There are probably more I'm forgetting. Get them to players. Make a few more tie fighters with pilots like Iden Versio, and many others. Tie interceptors! So many options.

More ways to use ships too please!

Maybe... Just maybe Red 5???

It's Ludicrous and Crazy that that ship isn't in the game...

Very poor game design
  • We oughta get a dark side version clone trooper, converts other clones or gives them some order 66 buff, just slaps on Galactic Republic and Jedi
  • So every opponent that I've faced with a GL in GAC has been putting them on defence, knowing that I don't have an effective counter to them. As a result, I have no alternative but to put Executor on defence to stop them getting a full clear. Until I finally manage to unlock SEE I am in a vicious cycle of GL defences.

Did CG really nerf GL counters just to encourage players to put them on defence? What if people weren't able to set GLs/Executor on defence and actually forced to use them? I think it would make for a more compelling GAC as the majority of my opponents recently have GLs and I am struggling to find the motivation to bother with this game mode.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Is there any point at all in giving feedback? Big fuss was made about how it was "appreciated" for Conquest, and then we get feats that are even worse. I don't recall a single piece of feedback saying that it's not grindy enough...
  • zatho
    747 posts Member
    edited October 2021
    Nauros wrote: »
    Is there any point at all in giving feedback? Big fuss was made about how it was "appreciated" for Conquest, and then we get feats that are even worse. I don't recall a single piece of feedback saying that it's not grindy enough...
    What I liked about conquest ist that with a good roster and good strategy you could complete all feats in a single run. If your roster had some weakness or you failed some battles, you needed to repeat fights. With Stamina you could work if dividing the battles over the duration of conquest. It was challenging, close and you could rebuy energy to correct your mistakes.
    Now that if you don't have the right factions/characters on relic you are unable to complete all feats because Stamina and Energy is a major issue, I totally lost interest and fun in this game mode.
    If playing conquest would be fun and with battle pass you get more rewards, it might have been worth of buying that carrot. But with these feats it will still be so time-consuming that they are keeping on ruining this game.
  • zatho
    747 posts Member
    Here an idea how to make some money:
    Introduce ship squadrons and make two for free, the third slot will cost 1000 crystals, unlimited amount of slots will cost $19.99
  • Probably been mentioned before, but can they do something about the HAAT sim loot table? There are some useful pieces in there like mk8 neuro-saav binoculars, but it's heavily diluted with trash.

Also, 6000 crystals for 50 HYoda shards? Seems pretty steep!
  • Will we see a fleet management screen being implemented into the game?
    I know it’s not much but continually having to pick your fleets this far in seems very….meh lol
    Ships are kinda ignored but personally I like them and would like to see more bought to the table
    👌
  • xXDarthSkywalkerXx
    1 posts Member
    edited November 2021
    Will LV get a outfit without Jedi robes? Like he does in his journey guide tiers 4-6 and the new cover art.

Could we get a clone trooper that works with LV? Showing order 66 synergy, a Coruscant guard would be cool.

LV robe is glitched by his boots, any update on this?
    Post edited by xXDarthSkywalkerXx on
  • Scavenger Boba with that Tusken synergy we’d all love to see
  • Can we finally get a 5th Imperial Remnant? If you don't want to add scout trooper (model already in-game ofc) or incinerator trooper, could I suggest Shoretrooper or Tie Pilot? Sure they don't NEED another tank, but shore is only really used as a pre-taunt TM machine for Vader. And Tie Pilot doesn't get used much at all. And both were in Mandalorian S2 at the refinery.
  • I'd like better in-game tools to handle mods. Make an option to sort by level. It's really frustrating to try level the lvl 1 mods but have to scroll through 30-50 lvl 12-15 mods. Then when you finally make it to the bottom it moves the mod into the middle of everything (and if you sell it it moves you to the top - and I sell about 95% of them). Maybe make it possible to mark several mods and mass lvl them and right after that sell of the ones that are bad (most of them). Just make mods easier. :D

Gear. I love the gear changes you guys made to the daily gear challenges. I never thought it would ever happen. :open_mouth: it would be nice if you made it possible to scrap any gear in the game into relic mats. Furthermore make it possible to scrap relic mats to higher level relic mats.
  • How about finally allowing us to change defenses once placed in TW and GAC. This set and locked nonsense is beyond ridiculous at this point
  • B13PO
    C3P Battle Droid
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    How about finally allowing us to change defenses once placed in TW and GAC. This set and locked nonsense is beyond ridiculous at this point

Hyperbole aside, this is something I believe we will be seeing in future updates around GAC. I cant comment on any timelines.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »
    How about finally allowing us to change defenses once placed in TW and GAC. This set and locked nonsense is beyond ridiculous at this point

Hyperbole aside, this is something I believe we will be seeing in future updates around GAC. I cant comment on any timelines.

While we are at a somewhat related topics, any word on the officer tools from that thread that has been forgotten for months already?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Nauros wrote: »

While we are at a somewhat related topics, any word on the officer tools from that thread that has been forgotten for months already?

Yes, but no official timeline that I am aware of.
  • ThatAwfulNick
    13 posts Member
    edited November 2021
    I have kind of a weird "I wonder what the dev/publisher reasoning is" question that'd be interesting to hear Doja or Crumb answer. And that's... what's up with you guys' representation of the game on the internet? Do you guys not have like a social media manager/marketing guy? If you click on the Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes logo at the top of this page, it goes to (( https://www.ea.com/games/starwars/galaxy-of-heroes )) which immediately make it look like there's been no updates since Jedi Knight Revan in October 2018, which is three whole years ago. Instead of doing just forum posts, has anyone considered posting some news on the actual game website? Even if it's just a copy of the post from the forum? I know at my job if our corporate website goes more than two weeks without some sort of a "we are busy working for you, our beloved customers" our board goes absolutely insane. And along the same line, how come a lot of the promotional videos for new characters and new events (like that awesome lil trailer for Han's Millennium Falcon, for example) don't get posted on the EAStarWars YouTube anymore? When they do get posted, they end up on EAMobileGames' channel, which makes sense, but they're also Unlisted... which makes them feel like... I dunno... like you're ashamed of them or something? Just curious about the general kind of un-unified-ness of a lot of the announcements and the general way you guys try and reach the community. Like... the Road Ahead October 2021 video is great! Why's it unlisted!? Why not post it under the News portion of the game's website. Feels weird man.
  • I like this. Being more present socially is just good marketing. Brings new player base. Posting new videos of upcoming changes and such could even influence people who left the game to come back! This likely all goes without saying, seems obvious to me and outsider.
  • With the addition of Omnicrons and characters with special kit modifiers in certain game modes, now, more than ever, we need a sandbox mode.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    With the addition of Omnicrons and characters with special kit modifiers in certain game modes, now, more than ever, we need a sandbox mode.

They will not do a sandbox mode.

They have been discussing ways to open up certain events for repeated limited time spots to test out things like these and possibly 3v3.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    With the addition of Omnicrons and characters with special kit modifiers in certain game modes, now, more than ever, we need a sandbox mode.

They have been discussing ways to open up certain events for repeated limited time spots to test out things like these and possibly 3v3.

If that means opening up game modes like TW/GAC for a zero stakes venue for us to test things, that's what people generally mean when they say sandbox mode.

Can you elaborate further? Am I understanding you right? Is this a "soon" thing or a soon thing?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

If that means opening up game modes like TW/GAC for a zero stakes venue for us to test things, that's what people generally mean when they say sandbox mode.

Can you elaborate further? Am I understanding you right? Is this a "soon" thing or a soon thing?

This was just a discussion point, so no timeline to speak to.

No, not GAC/TW, at least not from the discussions we had, more along the lines of the challenges table or GW table, but modified.

I dont see it being too interactive, as far as being able to set a team to fight against. But everything we discuss on topics like this is very early in the process and we dont get all the details.

No, not GAC/TW, at least not from the discussions we had, more along the lines of the challenges table or GW table, but modified.

I dont see it being too interactive, as far as being able to set a team to fight against. But everything we discuss on topics like this is very early in the process and we dont get all the details.

Well I hope there is some voice in their dev discussions to the effect of, "How are we supposed to evaluate these kits if we can't test them anywhere free of consequence?" The YouTubers won't be able to test any of the TW kits because they are (at least the ones I watch) in guilds that don't want them broadcasting TW matches.
  • I'm just having a hard time getting excited for Omnicron updates, especially any that are only valid in TW. It's a significant investment. I can use it at most 4 times a month... IF it isn't set on defense by an officer and IF it's approved for offense by an officer and IF I'm available in the window when I'm permitted to use it.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

Well I hope there is some voice in their dev discussions to the effect of, "How are we supposed to evaluate these kits if we can't test them anywhere free of consequence?" The YouTubers won't be able to test any of the TW kits because they are (at least the ones I watch) in guilds that don't want them broadcasting TW matches.

Correct, that is what spurned the conversation.

Because it's all about profits..

Servers for a Sandbox do not make a profit..

Conquest mode was not profitable enough, thus the changes each Season (and mid-Conquest, convenient, no?) and now that infamous BattlePass, all for more profits...

Thus the need for "energy" to play this Collection game.. You get to collect these characters but play, use them? That will cost you..

Playing the characters is not the true reason this game exists.. It's about how much you love the IP and are you willing to pay for a collection of your favorites characters in this IP..

• Apart from skimming this thread every now and then haven't really paid it much attention. I am curious though if any of the many posts resulted in a deeper explanation or a behind the scenes look at anything?
This discussion has been closed.