So are Phasma's and Rose's buffs good enough to undue uselessness?

Mephisto_style
5724 posts Member
edited November 2021
In 5v5 I do set Finn, Pilot, Poe, trooper, vetbacca on defense. I can see the new rose helping that team or any JTR team.

The new Phasma almost guarantees a TM train to get started on open with +100 speed and now 80% chance to assist.

The abilities do give the teams more uumph but do they do what CG said they intended?
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• Phasma is fantastic

Rose, well, since GAC rewards are meh I dont think she’s worth it.

Plus neither of them will get omnomnoms from me since all the new marquees and units seem to need them and they’re miles better (boba)
  • Phasma yeah, rose not so much. Rose def got the short end of the stick and I really don’t know how they think they’re equal in power. Very irritating
  • Konju
    1142 posts Member
    Boba has 3 omicron abilities. Prob save for that myself.
  • Shaddess wrote: »
    Phasma yeah, rose not so much. Rose def got the short end of the stick and I really don’t know how they think they’re equal in power. Very irritating

I agree with you. I do think they were trying to bring back OG Finn's TM train. As long as the toons crit, the current 15 % now +5% will give 20% TM to the whole team. That's close to how it used to be before the Finn C3PO HSTR debacle. Even if they made it more powerful now, I'm not sure how relevant it is to teams from the last 18 months.
  • Phasma's LOOKS amazing - At the very least, it makes her a competitive leader in TW alongside characters/teams like BB, DR, JKR, etc.
    There's a very real chance it also just straight up makes her the single best lead in the game, but whether or not that's the case is going to depend entirely on exactly how the interactions work - If it's best case scenario, she can outspeed every character not named Han or Wat and get like 4-5 sets of turns off for her entire team before the enemy take a single action potentially, and then have pseudo imp troopers levels of TM training after that. I'm somehow... doubting? That it's going to be best case scenario, but that's potentially how it reads.

Rose... is still totally useless. The bonuses just aren't worth the slot to Rose, and definitely aren't worth the Zeta to Rose. Resistance is the faction I use the absolute most due to pursuing GL Rey, and I legitimately can't figure out a lineup where this change would actually do anything.
  • khdelboy
    754 posts Member
    edited November 2021
    Rose’s ability should be blow up while eaten by Rancor, dealing a huge damage. That’s the only thing she’s useful for.
  • Rose is an easy pass. Phasma certainly looks worth it. The only decision is to give her one quick or save for Boba. Considering it will take me six conquests to get Fett, I may put one on Phasma in the interim.
  • I like Rose. But I don’t like her Omicron.

The problem is that there are three solid Resistance teams (Finn expose abuse, Jedi Rey, and Rey) and each one is a solid counter to a variety of teams. Rose’s Omicron doesn’t expand the teams they can counter, and only allows you to beat them a tiny bit faster.

So that’s going to be a pass from me for a while. It’s not BAD, it’s just not really doing anything useful. Considering that there are about to be a lot of places to spend Omicrons and not a lot of Omicrons to spend for a while, I don’t see a need to spend them on her yet.

If she had a ship maybe. Always nice to get an extra bit of Crew Power. But she doesn’t, so, pass.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • The more I think of it, the more I’m convinced her Omicron could just be folded into her Zeta and apply to all game modes.

Anyway, Jedi Training Rey, BB8, Holdo, Rose, and you can get away without a fifth. Holdo uses her AoE to put Expose on multiple opponents, burn down targets one at a time and don’t crack the extra exposes if you can avoid it so you keep feeding TM and boosted offense.

Don’t use Rose’s first special in this case. Her basic and stun are all you need.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Xcien
    2436 posts Member
    I’d say Phasma’s Omnicron looks worth the investment. Rose’s, not so much.
    I've found this whole experience to be very enlightening.

Thank you for evaluating. Your feedback is appreciated.
  • Shaddess wrote: »
    Phasma yeah, rose not so much. Rose def got the short end of the stick and I really don’t know how they think they’re equal in power. Very irritating

I put my first on Rose. Was looking forward to posting some pics proving the naysayers wrong, but of course they had to go and delay it.

I guess that makes it technically worthless (for now) lol
  • Mephisto_style
    5724 posts Member
    edited November 2021
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    Shaddess wrote: »

I put my first on Rose. Was looking forward to posting some pics proving the naysayers wrong, but of course they had to go and delay it.

I guess that makes it technically worthless (for now) lol

If indeed Cg makes crystal income from GAC, I will definitely omicron rose.

Her omicron basically gives back the OG Finn turn meter team that we had before they needed it cause of the HSTR C3PO Finn infinite loop.