Mara Jade incoming

Prev134
LordDirt
4941 posts Member
edited November 2021
bp3j465cmrhe.jpeg
Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
Post edited by LordDirt on

Replies

• Oops.
  • Xcien
    2436 posts Member
    Well, looks like we know who the next release will be.
    I've found this whole experience to be very enlightening.

Thank you for evaluating. Your feedback is appreciated.
  • KueChael
    930 posts Moderator
    edited November 2021
    Well if that’s not a cat out of the bag… LOL

We’ll see.
  • At least she’s a pretty highly requested character

Could have some good Luke synergy or some kind of anti-thrawn mechanic
  • Verrrrry nice!
  • But which version of Mara Jade will this be? The Jedi who married Luke Skywalker, the second-in-command to Talon Karrde's smuggling operatin, or possibly the Emperor's Hand? Any or all of these would be welcome in some form. If she's the latter, we might get a new Dark Side Unaffiliated Force User to go with Lord Vader, with some Palpatine synergies mixed in there as well, I'd have to imagine. A smuggler would go well with Dash Rendar, and a Jedi is begging for Luke Skywalker synergies, most probably the Jedi Knight version.

Just some random musings. Take them or leave them as you will.
  • beeeee-ooooooo-t-i-fffffffff-ooooooo-l
  • im reading trawn trilogy rn
  • I hope it's the Jedi version, but any Mara that comes to the game is great news!! Oh my, I haven't been that excited since the release of Revan!!!
    "You could warn me when I do something bad. Blink once for dark side, twice for light"
  • Did everyone know who Mara Jade was without typing her name on google ? Just curious
  • Did everyone know who Mara Jade was without typing her name on google ? Just curious

Most Star Wars fans who dig deeper than the movies will know her.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Mara Jade has been around since 1991, along with other fan favorites like Talon Karrde and Grand Admiral Thrawn, not to mention the Chimaera. Before the sequels, before the prequels, there was Mara Jade.

I don't know if everyone, but I knew!!
    "You could warn me when I do something bad. Blink once for dark side, twice for light"
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    But which version of Mara Jade will this be? The Jedi who married Luke Skywalker, the second-in-command to Talon Karrde's smuggling operatin, or possibly the Emperor's Hand? Any or all of these would be welcome in some form. If she's the latter, we might get a new Dark Side Unaffiliated Force User to go with Lord Vader, with some Palpatine synergies mixed in there as well, I'd have to imagine. A smuggler would go well with Dash Rendar, and a Jedi is begging for Luke Skywalker synergies, most probably the Jedi Knight version.

Just some random musings. Take them or leave them as you will.

Yeah that's interesting, I would guess CG would trade Mara Jade (emperor's hand) and Mara Jade (Jedi) as different characters

If this isn't Mara Jade Skywalker it would make sense for her to be marquee and not a legacy event character like Starkiller is
  • Ultra wrote: »
    Yeah that's interesting, I would guess CG would trade Mara Jade (emperor's hand) and Mara Jade (Jedi) as different characters

If this isn't Mara Jade Skywalker it would make sense for her to be marquee and not a legacy event character like Starkiller is

I was caught off-guard at first, since Mara Jade seems like the kind of character who is Legendary enough to be worthy of needing to be unlocked with some effort. If they treat Mara Jade and Mara Jade Skywalker as two separate characters, then maybe we might get one version now, and another later on if there will be more legacy/legends events like this one.

I know of her, but never cared to read the novels so I only have a passing knowledge.

Happy for the old EU fans to get what they want. The only thing better than Star Wars is MORE Star Wars.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • I think all reqs for Starkiller will be Lightside. followed later on with an all Darkside requirement for light side Starkiller. kinda like the Revans

I meet Shannon McRandle at Gencon back in the 90's, she signed an oversized Mara Jade card that I still have around here somewhere. This will most likely be the first character I purchase at launch if I am satisfied with how they handle her (I want Mara Jade, The Emperor's Hand: Dark Side, Unaligned force user, Empire)
  • Now the real question is if we’ll get the Skywalker version or not.

I wouldn’t be too mad if we got the empire version to give LV some more units on top of SK ;)
  • TargetEadu
    1513 posts Member
    edited November 2021
    Huh. That’s… surprising.
  • Gale_Toral
    127 posts Member
    edited November 2021
    Deleted

I know who she is
  • she is familiar to a hardcore sw fan.I don't know if the casual sw fan knows her though...
  • I didn't know who it was before this. I've played most of the Star Wars games, but I haven't read the books.
  • I didn't know who it was before this. I've played most of the Star Wars games, but I haven't read the books.

I think there's also a generational thing. If you've only read a few books (and there are a lot of books, so who reads them all?) you're more likely to read ones that came out after you were 13 years old. If you were born in the late 80s or the 90s, you would have to read backward in time, not just whatever is on the bestseller shelf in the bookstore or the "hot, new!" shelf in the library.

And I'm not saying that no one does that, but I just think you're **more likely** to read the things on the bestseller/new shelves. I mean, there's a reason why they're on those shelves.

I'm not a huge SW nerd (really, I mean it!) but I've read 6 or 7 SW novels in my life and...except for the Darth Plagueis novel which I just read a couple months ago they were all ones that came out in the 90s. If Mara Jade had come out 10 years later or 10 years earlier I would probably have missed her, even if I had read the exact same number of SW novels.
  • Wasnt Mara Jade the "Emperor Hands" and Jade Skywalker after marry?!
    So the one ingame is the Emperor Hand, Right?!
    JMK has CAT
    LV has Maul
    SEE...Mara Jade.
  • So, all that above said about how people learn about/ become fans of characters in the novels, I will say that **I** enjoyed Mara Jade as a teen/early 20s reader and am quite excited to see her come to the game.

I also have previously spelled out the legal/contractual complexities and honestly thought that these were too great for her to come to a game like SW:GOH, based on what I knew at the time.

As a woman SW fan, I can't think of a character I would be happier to have in game (that's not already here) than MJ. Now that we know she's going to make it, I hope she gets multiple versions - Emperor's Hand, Smuggler, and Jedi.
  • Durandal wrote: »
    Wasnt Mara Jade the "Emperor Hands" and Jade Skywalker after marry?!
    JMK has CAT
    LV has Maul
    SEE...Mara Jade.

We could only wish. Knowing how much CG likes the light side characters I highly doubt she will be dark side.
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    edited November 2021
    Durandal wrote: »
    Wasnt Mara Jade the "Emperor Hands" and Jade Skywalker after marry?!
    JMK has CAT
    LV has Maul
    SEE...Mara Jade.

I wouldn’t hold ur breath, if Mara Jade is DS she’d be empire tagged with means LV

I expect CG to be made less viable after SK and his marquees since they love Nerfing him ;)