Mara Jade incoming

Replies

• Iden Versio is a better option for Empire
  • she is familiar to a hardcore sw fan.I don't know if the casual sw fan knows her though...

Hardcore fans of a certain age.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • This is so awesome!
  • Customer self created hype is better than announced hype. I would not be surprised if this wasn’t a leak, but entirely on purpose to let us have a weekend of hyping on our own
  • Any version of Mara will be awesome, but I’m hoping for Jedi Mara, like from the New Jedi Order series or Legacy of the Force
  • I'd want to see Mara Jade released as the Emperor's Hand and have synergy with Emperor Palpatine, similar to what Dark Side Bastilla has with Revan. Then a Journey version that's Smuggler Mara, and introducing Talon Karrade, assuming he's not already in the game at that point, and his ship the Wild Karrde. Could also include the Katana Fleet. And then finally a JKL or similar event for Jedi Mara Jade.

As much as I want a Jedi Mara Jade, I think I'd rather see her released like this.
  • NuSair wrote: »
    I'd want to see Mara Jade released as the Emperor's Hand and have synergy with Emperor Palpatine, similar to what Dark Side Bastilla has with Revan. Then a Journey version that's Smuggler Mara, and introducing Talon Karrade, assuming he's not already in the game at that point, and his ship the Wild Karrde. Could also include the Katana Fleet. And then finally a JKL or similar event for Jedi Mara Jade.

As much as I want a Jedi Mara Jade, I think I'd rather see her released like this.

I agree that would be awesome. Hopefully they do go farther into the EU than just a few characters and do different versions of Mara Jade like you said.
  • I'm thirding the idea of releasing Mara in 3 stages (EH, Smuggler, Jedi). That would truly be the best way to respect her character, given how long and complicated her career has been.
  • As I understand it, it's been months since a prosecutor indicted someone for failing to get a SWGOH character.
  • As I understand it, it's been months since a prosecutor indicted someone for failing to get a SWGOH character.

Happened to my buddy Eric once
  • Another forced P2P character?
    Who is forcing anyone?

And all characters are ftp after a couple of months.
    Who is forcing anyone?

I’m pre sure it’s just bait 🎣
  • I'm intrigued to see what they do with her, I've not read any of the novels in 20+ years so its all a bit fuzzy.
    Also rumours of Karen Gillan being in discussions to play Mara Jade in some upcoming disney+ project could lead to more versions of her in game.

Just ask Nikki Minaj’s cousin’s friend.
    Who is forcing anyone?

Months = Years
    (Shhhhh)
  • Well, no.

But with conquest "a couple" of months now can equal 10+. (Since the character isn't available until end of the 3rd conquest from the first in which it is released and the move out of conquest entirely doesn't happen until the 13th).

Or do you just mean that from the moment you start an account it will take you years to get all the characters? Because that's not the time until a toon is free to play. That's something very different.
  • Well, no.

But with conquest "a couple" of months now can equal 10+. (Since the character isn't available until end of the 3rd conquest from the first in which it is released and the move out of conquest entirely doesn't happen until the 13th).

Is collecting shards thru conquest not farming? You can actually get a new toon faster this way, FTP. Where do you come up with 10+ months?
  • @CCyrilS

TBH, I was worst casing it because I thought "years" was ridiculous, but wanted to admit that some characters aren't available for quite a long time.

Conquest is the worst example I could think of since they said that you wouldn't get the toon until after the 3rd conquest (and they are supposed to be 1/month) and the toon would be available by another farming method after the 1 year from its introduction (but it's not clear if that means the first day of the first Conquest with that character or the last day of the first conquest with that character) and those are always approximate, you have to wait a couple weeks for the next update or whatever.

So the first CATs came out in month 3, but the first non-conquest access won't be until month 13. That's 10 months, if they don't mess up the update.

As for why I was considering Conquest something other than FtP, well. It's free to PLAY. But the shards of the exclusive toons aren't exactly farmable. The amount of crystals you have to spend is horrible and the experience is so horrible that I, frankly, have given up on conquest. I able to play it for free, but I won't.

So... that's about the worst case I could think of, and it doesn't even really count. Just goes to show how off base the "years" comment was.

But as for me, yes, I'll still be 10 months behind on Conquest characters from Boba on out, unless and until they change Conquest to make it like a fun game and not like terrible work. I doubt that they could ever release a character I'm so excited about I'm willing to do conquest for it. I'm over the moon about Mara Jade and I still don't think even she could make me play Conquest.

As far as I am concerned, Conquest isn't a way to earn character shards because the process of earning shards through conquest just isn't tolerable.
  • @CCyrilS

TBH, I was worst casing it because I thought "years" was ridiculous, but wanted to admit that some characters aren't available for quite a long time.

Conquest is the worst example I could think of since they said that you wouldn't get the toon until after the 3rd conquest (and they are supposed to be 1/month) and the toon would be available by another farming method after the 1 year from its introduction (but it's not clear if that means the first day of the first Conquest with that character or the last day of the first conquest with that character) and those are always approximate, you have to wait a couple weeks for the next update or whatever.

So the first CATs came out in month 3, but the first non-conquest access won't be until month 13. That's 10 months, if they don't mess up the update.

As for why I was considering Conquest something other than FtP, well. It's free to PLAY. But the shards of the exclusive toons aren't exactly farmable. The amount of crystals you have to spend is horrible and the experience is so horrible that I, frankly, have given up on conquest. I able to play it for free, but I won't.

So... that's about the worst case I could think of, and it doesn't even really count. Just goes to show how off base the "years" comment was.

But as for me, yes, I'll still be 10 months behind on Conquest characters from Boba on out, unless and until they change Conquest to make it like a fun game and not like terrible work. I doubt that they could ever release a character I'm so excited about I'm willing to do conquest for it. I'm over the moon about Mara Jade and I still don't think even she could make me play Conquest.

As far as I am concerned, Conquest isn't a way to earn character shards because the process of earning shards through conquest just isn't tolerable.

Well, I will agree conquest is a lousy way to introduce toons. Even if technically a person can obtain a new toon FTP that way.
  • Conquest is a good way of introducing high-powered characters that aren't quite iconic enough to be Galactic Legends. But not every character can, or should, be at that level. Marquee and various Journies are good to keep around.
  • Rebmes wrote: »
    I didn't know who it was before this. I've played most of the Star Wars games, but I haven't read the books.

she is in some games too though
  • JainaSolo wrote: »
    Any version of Mara will be awesome, but I’m hoping for Jedi Mara, like from the New Jedi Order series or Legacy of the Force

Some sith love please 😭😭
  • MilHanso
    291 posts Member
    edited November 2021
    Well, afaik Mara was never a Sith.
    "You could warn me when I do something bad. Blink once for dark side, twice for light"
  • SEE needs a buddy, give him Emperor's Hand Mara Jade.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Looooki wrote: »
    JainaSolo wrote: »
    Any version of Mara will be awesome, but I’m hoping for Jedi Mara, like from the New Jedi Order series or Legacy of the Force

Some sith love please 😭😭

That's the problem with the Sith, there is a rather limited group to pick from.
  • NicWester wrote: »
    she is familiar to a hardcore sw fan.I don't know if the casual sw fan knows her though...

Hardcore fans of a certain age.

Ehi, I'm not that old :(
  • NuSair wrote: »
    Looooki wrote: »
    JainaSolo wrote: »

Some sith love please 😭😭

That's the problem with the Sith, there is a rather limited group to pick from.

Darth Plagueis
    Darth Bane
    Darth Momin
    Darth Atrius
    Darth Caldoth
    Darth Krall
    Darth Skrye
    Darth Wrend
    Darth Tanis
    Darth Andeddu
    Darth Tenebrous
    Darth Phobos
    Darth Desolous
    Darth Caedus
    Marka Ragnos
    Lord Vitiate
    Darth Malgus
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?