Next GA Tournment

Prev134
Somebody knows when the next GA will start?

Replies

• Sure just not anyone here
  • I m fine without GAC. Less tasks to do in this game feels like vacation

Take conquest instead, then

I'm 4k away from next division and have over 20 toons to gear and level up lol. I needs the GAC to start
  • Zynth0s wrote: »
    I m fine without GAC. Less tasks to do in this game feels like vacation

I'm 4k away from next division and have over 20 toons to gear and level up lol. I needs the GAC to start

Just level them already...
  • Zynth0s wrote: »

There is no advantage to doing this. You get paired with people around your top 50 or whatever power anyway. All you will get is lower division rewards.

I think that's the reason. Big holiday in the US in a couple days, best to postpone GAC until it's over.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • The thing is if they postpone for thanksgiving, then it’s going to run over Christmas, which is a far bigger holiday in world terms. Seems a bit backward
    797-722-718
  • Kard_1986 wrote: »
    The thing is if they postpone for thanksgiving, then it’s going to run over Christmas, which is a far bigger holiday in world terms. Seems a bit backward
    Almost as if the conclusion NicWester reached is incorrect.
  • I wonder why the gac is being delayed
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    NicWester wrote: »

I think that's the reason. Big holiday in the US in a couple days, best to postpone GAC until it's over.

They should have an announcement coming, its tied up in approvals.

This has nothing to do with the holidays, and more to do with changes on the horizon.
  • More changes.....great.....
  • Woohoo after what happened to conquest I can’t wait to see how Grand Arena will be butchered.
  • Kyno wrote: »

This has nothing to do with the holidays, and more to do with changes on the horizon.

Genuinely curious, how many layers of approvals are there? I assume there are different answers for different announcements. Can you ballpark a minimum, maximum, and typical?

Genuinely curious, how many layers of approvals are there? I assume there are different answers for different announcements. Can you ballpark a minimum, maximum, and typical?

Minimum is 0, Maximum is 7.9 Billion. Typically it's somewhere in between the two.
  • Behold! The 1v1 grand arena championship!
  • Kard_1986 wrote: »
    The thing is if they postpone for thanksgiving, then it’s going to run over Christmas, which is a far bigger holiday in world terms. Seems a bit backward

GAC is like 3 weeks, even if it started 1 December it’d still be over before holidays started.

Moot point, though, now that Kyno posted the update.
  • papaofmom
    163 posts Member
    edited November 2021
    probably related to omnicrons? Maybe they broke something and have to fix it? Better to not have it than have it broken. Too bad it happened in "non conquest" time. I'd rather have break during conquest instead of having to do conquest + gac
  • Tied up in approvals, but no bug testing.
  • NicWester wrote: »
    Kard_1986 wrote: »

GAC is like 3 weeks, even if it started 1 December it’d still be over before holidays started.

It is 4 weeks. It is not “like” 3 weeks.
  • I was hoping that the next season would start before the end of the Hyperdrive bundle sale, but I think I'm just going to get it anyways and move up to the next division and figure out how to handle the extra teams lol
  • Since it wasn't listed on the monthly calendar I hadn't assumed we wouldn't be seeing it this week, but imagine making a simple post explaining the normal cadence wouldn't be followed as it has been for many, many months. A simple form of communication that would let people know what's happening and not sit in limbo guessing.

Approvals….meaning changes to GAC…alright then. I mean communication would’ve been nice on their end instead of us having to hound you on the forums to get an answer from them. Sigh….
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »

Approvals….meaning changes to GAC…alright then. I mean communication would’ve been nice on their end instead of us having to hound you on the forums to get an answer from them. Sigh….

The information is there, you can clearly see it NOT listed on the calendar.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Kyno wrote: »

There are different reasons things need approvals. Some times it is a timing thing, some times it is actual verbiage, and others it can be defining things for clarity, but it can also be a mix of these and other reasons.

In this case, I believe the delay is due to making sure the coming content timeline is in place before announcing the coming content (not new content, just changes/touch ups).

Its going to be one of these types of moments:
    m2j2k59iicsu.gif

Its going to be one of these types of moments:
    m2j2k59iicsu.gif

Does this mean that another "shipload" of changes is coming?

• NicWester wrote: »
    Kard_1986 wrote: »

It is 4 weeks. It is not “like” 3 weeks.

Yeah you’re right. I was getting the number of matches per round and number of rounds swapped in my brain. Four week-long rounds of three matches, not the other way around.
  • "changes on the horizon"

ah yes, can't wait to see how they gonna ruin the last good and fun game mode
    GAC battle pass+ incoming!
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Legend91 wrote: »

ah yes, can't wait to see how they gonna ruin the last good and fun game mode

speak for yourself, I hate GAC
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?