Any recommendations on hard node gear farming?

While I was still farming Bad Batch it wasn't an issue, and it hasn't been much of an issue for me before, but now it looks like I'll have no hard node farm until Fennec, which means at least several weeks.

So for those of you who have experience with not farming shards for long periods of time, what nodes do you hit to satisfy the daily requirement of 5 sims? When this situation happened to me before, I would just go for Stun Guns, but that's probably not the best option anymore given the changes to the gear economy. Maybe Mk4 Commlink has a good hard node with a decent secondary gear drop? Or something else?

I'm wide open to suggestions here.

Replies

• You can always farm for relic materials
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • You don’t need hard mode farms for the daily reqs if level 85. You just need light side or dark side sims. For that I farm kyros.

If you’re under 85, just farm a toon you don’t have yet. Chances are you’ll end up needing it. Especially farm it if it has high-demand gear like mk5 guns.
  • I forget the node number, but I think it’s either Holdo or Poe’s. It gives stun gun salvage and Mk4 comlink salvage (the one you need with stun cuffs). Very good farming spot.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • @MasterSeedy Just farm mod slicing materials. That counts as hard nodes.

@KausDebonair Seedy has ~7.5M GP and 207 7* characters.
  • Didn’t they change hard nodes to have a 100 % chance on gear salvage now? Or is that coming in a later update? Because 100 % chance on a 20 energy node is much more efficient than a 20 % chance in a 10 energy node, so doing certain hard nodes is/will be the preferred choice.
  • HandSolo93 wrote: »
    Didn’t they change hard nodes to have a 100 % chance on gear salvage now? Or is that coming in a later update? Because 100 % chance on a 20 energy node is much more efficient than a 20 % chance in a 10 energy node, so doing certain hard nodes is/will be the preferred choice.
    I don’t think that’s been implemented yet.
  • Just farm mod slicing materials. That counts as hard nodes.

Had not realized that. Tried it & you're right. That eliminates this problem. I guess I still have a lot to learn (or remember) about this game.

@KausDebonair
    You don’t need hard mode farms for the daily reqs if level 85.
    Not actually true, unless you're saying what Darjelo was saying about mod slicing mats counting as hard node farms, and those battles being available at level 85?

@LordDirt
    You can always farm for relic materials
    Agreed, though that doesn't tell me which hard node is best for farming them.

@NicWester
    I forget the node number, ...

I looked them up (both Poes + Holdo) and the closest fit to what you're saying is Holdo. Her node is the node I used to farm at times like this, although I've never had particularly long stretches like this before (Fennec looks like she will be 6 wks + which is probably the longest time without needing hard node shards for me). That node is Stun Gun salvage + Thermal Detonator salvage. It's probably not a bad one, but the Slicing Mat nodes that Darjelo mentioned free me up enough that I don't have to worry about it and will probably go for a Mk4 Commlink node, at least primarily, with some secondary farming for relic mat salvage.

Thanks, everyone. You all are great.
  • HandSolo93 wrote: »
    Didn’t they change hard nodes to have a 100 % chance on gear salvage now? Or is that coming in a later update? Because 100 % chance on a 20 energy node is much more efficient than a 20 % chance in a 10 energy node, so doing certain hard nodes is/will be the preferred choice.
    I don’t think that’s been implemented yet.

Well, I’m sure that the question of which hard nodes are the most efficient will be relevant once that change is implemented. Some hard nodes give multiple different useful gear salvage pieces.
  • Yep, and that's a useful direction for this thread to take now that my original question has been satisfied.

Poking around myself, I find:
    • 8-B Dark has Mk4 commlink paired with Mk3 Stun Cuffs (needed to complete the commlink), so it's not just good in the sense that commlinks and stun cuffs are still not quite abundant enough to avoid purchasing, but also they're paired with each other for many characters, so you often need both at the same time. It also has 2 ships for Shard Shop currency (which is like having 2 accelerated characters on the same node).
    • 6-D Dark: Mk3 Carbantis don't have any great nodes (which would require them to be paired with another good piece of gear), but this is a 16 energy node that will give you 5 carbantis for only 80 energy (33 crystals worth) after the change is made. Bo Katan and Jolee are the toons, so you have 2 chances at Shard Shop currency as well. Not bad, since we'll always need Carbantis.
    • 7-C Dark: This is the Holdo node. It drops Stun Guns & Thermal Detonators. We don't have regular TD income, but we also don't need them that much. If you're down Stun Guns you could use this node to get ahead on TDs and save some Guild Token currency later for spending on something else. Only one toon for Shard Shop currency, but still a fairly decent node.

I'm honestly not sure what I would recommend on LS, but that's 280 worth of hard node farming right there.

• By the time they implement this, Stun Guns and Stun Cuffs crunch will be a distant memory. We’re getting ~60 a week for nothing through challenges.

The com links and thermals have been my only stumbling block with recent / current projects (SRP, Bistan, Gar, ISC to g12). They’ll be the thing I aim for.
  • Well, I’m sure that the question of which hard nodes are the most efficient will be relevant once that change is implemented. Some hard nodes give multiple different useful gear salvage pieces.

Sure it will. "Efficiency" has never been purely about drop rate or no one would have ever farmed for purple gear: it has a lower drop rate than blue, green, and white.

"Efficiency" is about getting the **most needed** gear and/or the gear that saves you the most of some other needed currency. Stun Cuff supply, for instance, has been fine for a long time because of the ability to purchase it with Guild Tokens. But there's a bunch of good gear in the guild store. So if you get a needed gear piece with few good sources (like Mk4 Commlinks which are only consistently available for rare currency better spent on g12 gear) paired with Stun Cuffs, it's more efficient than the same needed gear piece paired with Mk4 Keyboards, which are plentiful as challenge gear since that doesn't save you any currency (in this case guild tokens) that you could then spend differently. That's what makes 8-B Dark a good node to me.

• @DarjeloSalas

Fair point. I'm still behind on Stun Cuffs and ahead on Stun Guns (9 complete prototypes waiting for Carbantis), so I wouldn't mind picking up some Stun Cuffs right now, but the TDs and Mk4 Commlinks are clearly what will be most rare heading forward.

• We can clearly see the impact of the gear economy changes already.

Once I finished Lord Vader requirements, I have…

- taken a couple of g12 up to g13 (Ackbar, B2)
    - geared Maul to r7
    - geared Bistan to g12 from like g8 or something
    - Geared SRP to g11 (needs about 80 carbs for g12)
    - Just took Nebit, Dathcha, Engineer and Jawa up to g11+5 (from various starting points, but g9 largely)

And I’ve done that in about 9 days!

Yes, I too am short of carbanti in comparison to stun guns, but there’s no debate that gearing low level toons up to g11 has been made vastly easier.

@NinjaRaven32 must be delighted!
  • there’s no debate that gearing low level toons up to g11 has been made vastly easier.

Again, we're in complete agreement.
  • You don’t need hard mode farms for the daily reqs if level 85.
    Not actually true, unless you're saying what Darjelo was saying about mod slicing mats counting as hard node farms, and those battles being available at level 85?

[/quote]

I honestly hadn’t noticed actual hard nodes are still required since I’ve been farming slicing mats for what seems like forever now. So yeah. Do that. Lol