Shadow's of the Empire

Prev13
Big shout out to ea for rewarding the whales with this one.
Forcing Pay to play is pretty pathetic!

Replies

• Big shout out to ea for rewarding the whales with this one.

What is forcing pay to play?
    Claiming that anyone is being forced to do anything is absolutely pathetic.
  • Wait till he's farmable
  • CamaroAMF wrote: »

ea is. You gotta pay to get Dash up above 3 stars
    To do what? Earn 3 omnicrons?

You don’t “gotta” do that at all.
    Claiming that anyone is being forced to do anything is absolutely pathetic.

Either pay or he stays at 3 stars. Yeah that's not ea forcing pay to play.
    What are you talking about?

This has been the release model for years. You initially get them at 3* unless you pay, but once they become farmable you get them at 7* without paying anything.

ea is. You gotta pay to get Dash up above 3 stars
    To do what? Earn 3 omnicrons?

You don’t “gotta” do that at all.

Ok then smart guy. Without spending money or crystals how do you get Dash above 3 stars?
    Wait til he’s farmable, or I could use some of my crystals (which I’m not going to do)

Can you enlighten me - why would I want to get him above 3 stars?

By which point ea will release an new character to reward the whales and Dash will be useless.

So all marquees ever released are useless now?
    Wait till he's farmable

By which point ea will release an new character to reward the whales and Dash will be useless.

Go back and look at the characters ea has done this with in the past and see how weak they are compared to the new whale rewards
    Admiral Piett…

- Released as a marquee on 27 August 2020.
    - “Forced p2p” until 7 October 2020
    - Farmed for free by thousands of players after that date
    - Currently THE meta fleet commander in the game
    Wait till he's farmable

Go back and look at the characters ea has done this with in the past and see how weak they are compared to the new whale rewards

Lot of characters/ships that were marquees that I use on a regular basis….I counted about 40.

https://swgohevents.com/marquee
    CamaroAMF wrote: »
    Wait till he's farmable

Lot of characters/ships that were marquees that I use on a regular basis….I counted about 40.

Thanks for sporting my argument. A lot of these are fairly weak and useless characters now.
    Nobody “sports” or supports your argument.

I’m intrigued - how long have you been playing the game? What sort of roster do you have? What’s your ally code?

I don’t think anyone who has been playing for a long time could possibly claim that a lot of recent marquee characters are weak / useless.
    Wait till he's farmable

Thanks for sporting my argument. A lot of these are fairly weak and useless characters now.

Lol. There are some useless ones but far more are quite useful.

So you'll have something new to whine about
    Wait till he's farmable

I’m intrigued - how long have you been playing the game? What sort of roster do you have? What’s your ally code?

I don’t think anyone who has been playing for a long time could possibly claim that a lot of recent marquee characters are weak / useless.

Since the game started before it was P2P.

Ally code?

The game was much more p2p initially, so I don’t believe you’ve been playing since the beginning.

In fact, in the Aurodium era, there were several characters you flat out couldn’t own without spending money. That is not the case now.
    Wait till he's farmable

Ally code?

The game was much more p2p initially, so I don’t believe you’ve been playing since the beginning.

In fact, in the Aurodium era, there were several characters you flat out couldn’t own without spending money. That is not the case now.

When it started it was just micro transaction, few $ on crystals and packs. Now its PAY or no reward, PAY for more characters or you'll lose every time in the arena, PAY or don't bother with conquest.

I get it ea is bleeding Star Wars for all the money it can, and a lot of really sad people are feeding that machine.
    Hang on - in the other thread you are saying you don’t bother with arena anymore because the whales are stopping you reaching the top 1000.

Yet in this thread you’re bitter about needing to pay to take Dash to 5* to earn 3 omnicrons?

So you’re choosing to let crystals pass you by every single day but are whining about having to spend money to get 3 omnicrons?

This doesn’t make any sense.
  • Xcien
    2436 posts Member
    How is EA “forcing” people to pay? All you get for spending to 5* Dash is a couple Omnicrons. I wouldn’t call that being forced to pay.
    I've found this whole experience to be very enlightening.

Thank you for evaluating. Your feedback is appreciated.
    Wait till he's farmable

Ally code?

When it started it was just micro transaction, few $ on crystals and packs. Now its PAY or no reward, PAY for more characters or you'll lose every time in the arena, PAY or don't bother with conquest.

I get it ea is bleeding Star Wars for all the money it can, and a lot of really sad people are feeding that machine.
    Hang on - in the other thread you are saying you don’t bother with arena anymore because the whales are stopping you reaching the top 1000.

Yet in this thread you’re bitter about needing to pay to take Dash to 5* to earn 3 omnicrons?

So you’re choosing to let crystals pass you by every single day but are whining about having to spend money to get 3 omnicrons?

yes the 30 or 40 crystals i get is really going to get me Dash
    I only need to do it for 33 days and if I'm LUCKY I'll get the shards I need. But based on the experience of other players spending 1299 crystals will only get you around 10 shard, so open your wallet!
    You don’t need to spend any crystals to get Dash.

Wait till he's farmable

Ally code?

yes the 30 or 40 crystals i get is really going to get me Dash
    I only need to do it for 33 days and if I'm LUCKY I'll get the shards I need. But based on the experience of other players spending 1299 crystals will only get you around 10 shard, so open your wallet!
    You don’t need to spend any crystals to get Dash.

You do if you want to go above 3 stars for the extra rewards.
    For the umpteenth time - the rewards are 3 omnicrons. I don’t know why you’re even remotely concerned about that when you don’t engage with arena at all.
  • Xcien
    2436 posts Member
    edited November 2021
    How is EA “forcing” people to pay? All you get for spending to 5* Dash is a couple Omnicrons. I wouldn’t call that being forced to pay.

So pay or miss out. that's forcing player to pay if they want the reward.

Why would anyone (aside from whales) want to spend money to get 3 Omnicrons when they can get them from two GCs?

• Xcien
    2436 posts Member
    You do if you want to go above 3 stars for the extra rewards.

Extra rewards? The rewards are 3 Omnicrons. Why are you even worrying about a marquee, when you don’t even participate in arena?