Next GA Tournment

Replies

• Kyno wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    NicWester wrote: »
    I m fine without GAC. Less tasks to do in this game feels like vacation

I think that's the reason. Big holiday in the US in a couple days, best to postpone GAC until it's over.

They should have an announcement coming, its tied up in approvals.

This has nothing to do with the holidays, and more to do with changes on the horizon.

Approvals….meaning changes to GAC…alright then. I mean communication would’ve been nice on their end instead of us having to hound you on the forums to get an answer from them. Sigh….

The information is there, you can clearly see it NOT listed on the calendar.

Yes, you’re right it’s not there. That totally answers my questions as to why it’s not. The only thing on there is to say that they would update the calendar with the GAC dates “soon”. It’s been almost a month so “soon” is a bit facetious at this point. So, like I said, maybe communication on their part would be nice. For a change
  • Oh no please don't give gac the same treatment as conquest. Please for the love of starwars don't try to make it more "engaging"
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    edited November 2021

I think that's the reason. Big holiday in the US in a couple days, best to postpone GAC until it's over.

This has nothing to do with the holidays, and more to do with changes on the horizon.

Approvals….meaning changes to GAC…alright then. I mean communication would’ve been nice on their end instead of us having to hound you on the forums to get an answer from them. Sigh….

Yes, you’re right it’s not there. That totally answers my questions as to why it’s not. The only thing on there is to say that they would update the calendar with the GAC dates “soon”. It’s been almost a month so “soon” is a bit facetious at this point. So, like I said, maybe communication on their part would be nice. For a change

And they will communicate more, when they have something to say. We could be patient, for a change.

And they will communicate more, when they have something to say. We could be patient, for a change.

Patient? This crowd? Never. Not when they can get cheap likes and attaboys for saying things suck, have **** for years, continue to suck, but just not quite suck enough to actually stop playing. 🙄
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.

Patient?!? Really? I think the player base is absurdly patient with CG. No other game company treats it's customers like an inconvenience.
    Just the fact that you, the main forum moderator, often is our best source of information says it all (no offense towards you, I wouldn't want to be in your shoes).

You’re right, waiting a month for an update to the next GAC date when people are planning farms, teams, mods, etc is definitely not patient at all.

Patient? This crowd? Never. Not when they can get cheap likes and attaboys for saying things suck, have **** for years, continue to suck, but just not quite suck enough to actually stop playing. 🙄

Like I said, waiting a month is plenty patient. Wanting actual changes to game modes like Grindquest based on our actual feedback is not looking for atta boys. Ironically, this response you posted could be construed as the same thing for those always defending CG. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Considering they knew about this delay a month ago, you would think that is enough time to write a whole paragraph.
  • “Hey everyone, as you’ve noticed GAC isn’t shown on the event calendar for this month. We are trying to confirm a timeline for some new content that will impact GAC and will provide you with the new schedule as soon as possible.”

That doesn’t seem too difficult
    That moment when you stop defending CG. Can't wait for it.
  • “Hey everyone, as you’ve noticed GAC isn’t shown on the event calendar for this month. We are trying to confirm a timeline for some new content that will impact GAC and will provide you with the new schedule as soon as possible.”

That doesn’t seem too difficult
    Exactly, it's not difficult. Now if only @Kyno would understand that too.
  • I'll remain optimistic that there could be some positive changes coming. Though conquest changes don't bode well for that.

I think the most needed change is the way defense is set. With the added teams, it is more and more of a chore to set defense especially in 3v3. A selection of multiple teams in the team selection or setting the teams automatically and just letting you edit. Something to make setting the teams easier since that part is a chore and not fun.
  • Will Mace Windu finally getting some respect with the next update? I’ll hang up and listen.
    7xcvvjp9ip14.jpeg
  • I think the most needed change is the way defense is set. With the added teams, it is more and more of a chore to set defense especially in 3v3. A selection of multiple teams in the team selection or setting the teams automatically and just letting you edit. Something to make setting the teams easier since that part is a chore and not fun.

I don’t know - I think if you find setting teams once a week (and for less than a couple of minutes - especially if you’ve saved your preferred squads) a chore, then there’s something more fundamentally wrong with the mode. It’s hardly the most onerous task in the game.

For me the simple truth is that the occasional tedium and disillusionment with whichever aspects of the game are twisting our nuts at any particular moment would be extremely diminished by some simple courtesy and clear communication from the people at CG who are paid to do that - and who, in the case of the 27 Oct post, undertook very clearly to do so. To be honest anything other than that is just static that adds to the problem caused by a lack of basic customer service
  • Wed_Santa wrote: »
    I think the most needed change is the way defense is set. With the added teams, it is more and more of a chore to set defense especially in 3v3. A selection of multiple teams in the team selection or setting the teams automatically and just letting you edit. Something to make setting the teams easier since that part is a chore and not fun.

I don’t know - I think if you find setting teams once a week (and for less than a couple of minutes - especially if you’ve saved your preferred squads) a chore, then there’s something more fundamentally wrong with the mode. It’s hardly the most onerous task in the game.

For me the simple truth is that the occasional tedium and disillusionment with whichever aspects of the game are twisting our nuts at any particular moment would be extremely diminished by some simple courtesy and clear communication from the people at CG who are paid to do that - and who, in the case of the 27 Oct post, undertook very clearly to do so. To be honest anything other than that is just static that adds to the problem caused by a lack of basic customer service

It's more than once a week. It's every other day. I don't trust the auto set since you can't see what it's setting and you can't make changes.

A simple select multiple option where you could pick the 5 teams you need to set for a section at once rather than having to go back in and scroll to each team separately.

And I'm not arguing that it's the most time consuming part. But it is the most tedious at least for me. Offense takes longer but is more enjoyable for sure.
  • Ravens1113 wrote: »

You’re right, waiting a month for an update to the next GAC date when people are planning farms, teams, mods, etc is definitely not patient at all.

Like I said, waiting a month is plenty patient. Wanting actual changes to game modes like Grindquest based on our actual feedback is not looking for atta boys. Ironically, this response you posted could be construed as the same thing for those always defending CG. 🤷🏻‍♂️

No you’re right I should definitely spend more of my life being angry about a video game for several years and never quitting. That’s a thing a person with a rich and fulfilling life does.

I give critical feedback a lot. You just don’t notice because I do it the one time and then move on with my life instead of going to every thread to get my rage on. For real, when was the last time you were happy about anything? Go do that instead. If this game is as miserable as you say it is, then stop subjecting yourself to it. But, no, instead it’s every day, every thread “AND HERE’S ANOTHER THING THAT SUCKS, JUST IN CASE YOU DIDN’T READ IT WHEN I POSTED IT IN SIX OTHER THREADS.”
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • NicWester wrote: »

No you’re right I should definitely spend more of my life being angry about a video game for several years and never quitting. That’s a thing a person with a rich and fulfilling life does.

I give critical feedback a lot. You just don’t notice because I do it the one time and then move on with my life instead of going to every thread to get my rage on. For real, when was the last time you were happy about anything? Go do that instead. If this game is as miserable as you say it is, then stop subjecting yourself to it. But, no, instead it’s every day, every thread “AND HERE’S ANOTHER THING THAT SUCKS, JUST IN CASE YOU DIDN’T READ IT WHEN I POSTED IT IN SIX OTHER THREADS.”

Actually I’ve been very happy about the changes to the gear economy so far. The first parts of phase 1 have been a breath of fresh air, even if they’re a couple years late in doing so. I’m excited to see how the rest of the changes go and what P2 has in store.

Conquest was very great from 1-6 but 7-9 were trash and 10 was even worse. They didn’t listen to any feedback or ours, failed to communicate about the hard path and still have bugs galore but demand us pay a premium in time, resources and even money. If being vocal about them needing to have a better quality game mode is rage then I can’t help you. They set a certain bar for quality and the last 4 conquests have fallen incredibly short of that.

Expecting proper communication when it’s been a month since the last update regarding this release of this round of GAC, or bugs, etc, is not raving or impatience. It’s expecting proper service from a company that is as profitable as they are.

I’m also excited for what other legends characters are coming our way. I’m bummed out that star killer is going to be so P2P exclusive at first but they’ve drawn the line in the sand that high relic levels, even for new toons, is the standard to participate in getting new things. That or spend well over $1000.

Omnicrons look promising too. I hope they keep them exclusive and don’t open the flood fa ds too soon to whales and krakens. The way they did zeta releases were awesome. Phasma’s ability looks really fun, rose looks like 💩 and I’m curious to see how these abilities will be for the other listed characters.
  • 13 December - a date at last. That’s been a wait and, it wasn’t an update to the Nov calendar but at least we all know how we will spend Christmas and Hogmanay.

Never liked my relatives that much anyhow
  • Pushing it two more weeks so it completely avoids Christmas would be better. Some of us actually like our families
  • Pushing it two more weeks so it completely avoids Christmas would be better. Some of us actually like our families

Then don't play at that time?
  • CCyrilS wrote: »
    Pushing it two more weeks so it completely avoids Christmas would be better. Some of us actually like our families

Problem is we aren't playing at this time either...
  • Recurve wrote: »
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    Pushing it two more weeks so it completely avoids Christmas would be better. Some of us actually like our families

That has nothing to do with his suggestion to push it another 2 weeks
  • CCyrilS wrote: »
    Recurve wrote: »
    CCyrilS wrote: »

That has nothing to do with his suggestion to push it another 2 weeks

You are a smart one
  • I think the most needed change is the way defense is set. With the added teams, it is more and more of a chore to set defense especially in 3v3. A selection of multiple teams in the team selection or setting the teams automatically and just letting you edit. Something to make setting the teams easier since that part is a chore and not fun.

I couldnt agree more. There is no reason that the last set teams could not be reset automatically for each and every GAC match - and then edited like you said.

There is no upside for anyone with autoset defenses and there is no upside having to set all your teams again every third match or every time you do the slightest change.

This is a great game mode, loved by many, and really deserves this QoL improvment yesterday.

I couldnt agree more. There is no reason that the last set teams could not be reset automatically for each and every GAC match - and then edited like you said.

There is no upside for anyone with autoset defenses and there is no upside having to set all your teams again every third match or every time you do the slightest change.

This is a great game mode, loved by many, and really deserves this QoL improvment yesterday.

Or maybe just let you set a default defense to auto set for every gac (one 3v3 and one 5v5). And then it sets that and lets you edit it.

There are lots of options to make you not have to manually select over 10 teams every gac.

We know that isn't true bowdie
  • Did I miss something. Why was it delayed for so long?

Patient?!? Really? I think the player base is absurdly patient with CG. No other game company treats it's customers like an inconvenience.
    Just the fact that you, the main forum moderator, often is our best source of information says it all (no offense towards you, I wouldn't want to be in your shoes).

This is so spot on that even Kyno couldn't argue against it, because its true.....all of it. Players=inconvenience. Feedback=Trash. Money=Everything
  • Shipload of shippy ship
  • RTS
    682 posts Member
    Did I miss something. Why was it delayed for so long?

We don’t know the details, just that there’s some sort of major change coming.