Kit Reveal: Kyle Katarn

2Next

Replies

• Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    They nailed it with the omicron. Precisely what we need for LS Geo TB without unreasonably boosting Jedi teams everywhere else.
  • Ultra wrote: »
    What animations were people expecting for Lord Vader, really?

Spin his lightsaber in a circle 10 times before striking with it??

He doesn't showcase much in his battle vs Kenobi, but I think his animations are fine

Some characters (Kyle Katarn) have more content to create animations from (two entire games)

Seriously? Obviously you didn't even play the Revenge of The Sith PS2 game, and more content to create animations? Clone Wars TV Show Son and Daughter scene, Obi-Wan and Anakin duel in Mustafar, Killing seperatists in Mustafar and dodging the last shoot of B1, THE ENTIRE SAGA DEVOTED TO ANAKIN SKYWALKER. His character model is sloppy. He has no animation as nearly good as Just a Guy With a Lightsaber. His basic is worse than KUIILS basic. I'm not even talk about how low his damage is or how bad his AI is. The most expected character from the beginning is a disaster and CG not doing anything to fix him just making new characters to boost him this is really disgusting. He has Attacker Tag but only thing he can do is TANKING the damage and maybe after 4.55 minutes and if all the OTHER characters survived he could deal damage like 1.5 minute SLKR so that's really good work here well done keep defending them. By the way if you will say anything like Lord Vader and Anakin is not the same person so his animations must be different then there is nothing to discuss just stop being a ...
  • I'm excited for Kyle but pretty disappointed that he's a throwaway character just for a different hero's event. Kyle could have very easily have had a full JKR style event going over important battles and events, and the required characters could have included some of the enemies he battles (Jerec, Jerec's dark Jedi, Tavion, Desann), Jan, Jaden, Rosh, Mara, maybe Luke.

All well should be fun to actually unlock and use Kyle, at least the animations look really cool.

He doesn't showcase much in his battle vs Kenobi, but I think his animations are fine

Some characters (Kyle Katarn) have more content to create animations from (two entire games)

His basic animation is laughable. Its on the same level as characters like Plo Koon. Even JKAs basic animation looks better. And his AoE is literally a carbon copy of Sions. Even though the ability clearly shows Anakins hand doing a force choke they couldnt even bother to copy Darth Vaders animations instead (guessing they thought less people would notice if they picked Sion instead).

Put the game at 1x speed and use him next to GAS and the difference of quality is staggering. And if you seriously think theres not enough in ROTS to go from I suggest you watch it again. I rewatched his fight with Obi-Wan and saw at least a dozen moves that would have looked 10 times better than what we got.

But I guess we should give the billion dollar company a break. Theyre obviously doing their best 😒
  • Amaterasu wrote: »
    I'm excited for Kyle but pretty disappointed that he's a throwaway character just for a different hero's event. Kyle could have very easily have had a full JKR style event going over important battles and events, and the required characters could have included some of the enemies he battles (Jerec, Jerec's dark Jedi, Tavion, Desann), Jan, Jaden, Rosh, Mara, maybe Luke.

All well should be fun to actually unlock and use Kyle, at least the animations look really cool.

That would have been the dream but TBH I’m glad he’s finally in the game. It’s the one character I wished for since I downloaded it years ago. Maybe they’ll come back around in time with a legacy follow up event giving you their co-stars / enemies etc?
  • starplatinum
    169 posts Member
    edited November 2021
    Ultra wrote: »

GL Lord Vader's animations are just plain.
    They could have made him ignite his saber just before striking (or anything spectacular really) would have been satisfying.
    u743d93x2py9.gif
    udsrb7aq8w6e.gif
    Post edited by starplatinum on
  • Guys let's keep this Lord Vader rant to a minimum here (even though i agree with it).
    SiDuke wrote: »
    Amaterasu wrote: »
    I'm excited for Kyle but pretty disappointed that he's a throwaway character just for a different hero's event. Kyle could have very easily have had a full JKR style event going over important battles and events, and the required characters could have included some of the enemies he battles (Jerec, Jerec's dark Jedi, Tavion, Desann), Jan, Jaden, Rosh, Mara, maybe Luke.

That would have been the dream but TBH I’m glad he’s finally in the game. It’s the one character I wished for since I downloaded it years ago. Maybe they’ll come back around in time with a legacy follow up event giving you their co-stars / enemies etc?

I kinda doubt about that because we should start getting new characters from Book of Boba Fett, Obi Wan Kenobi, Andor, Bad Batch S2 next year. Still i am really happy for finally having Kyle ingame. I just hope he doesn't hit like a wet noodle. :D
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member

Yes, that’s exactly what I was expecting.
    ujlf9r0xlxgn.gif

4thrz.gif
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator

GL Lord Vader's animations are just plain.
    They could have make him ignite his saber just before striking (or anything spectacular really) would have been satisfying.
    u743d93x2py9.gif
    udsrb7aq8w6e.gif

I'll admit, I would've loved this over reusing the same animation as JMK for his special 1
  • TVF wrote: »

ujlf9r0xlxgn.gif

4thrz.gif

(Insert helicopter noises)
  • MemeMaster wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »

ujlf9r0xlxgn.gif

4thrz.gif

(Insert helicopter noises)

I think CG is saving that for the Inquisitors

I like LV and his kit, as well as the animations for his specials. Dark Harbinger reminds me of the wild, uncontrolled swings he did while murdering the Separatist Council. But his basic is what annoys me.

I would much have preferred it if they used some of his trademark high guard attacks that he used consistently throughout the prequel films. I love these because of how well they relate to actual sword fighting techniques. If you are familiar with Anakin in BF2, you will know what swings I am referring to.

There could even be an increased number of swings for the animation depending on how many ticks of damage he will do with the basic.
  • I WANT MARA JADE KIT REVEAL NOW!!!!
    Calm down! I’m sure it will be here soon enough. In the meantime, let’s enjoy the time in between.
  • ObitoUchiha78
    11 posts Member
    edited November 2021
    Looks good
  • Shameless cash grab and pushing everyone to P2P

lol no one force you pay, just for 3 omnicrons.
  • HeroWithNoFear
    59 posts Member
    edited November 2021

I want to see your comment when Darth Talons animations come up. CG said there were not much resources to look at it, only comics so i'm really curious about the INSPIRATION and CREATIVITY about her animations and kit. Those are the things Lord Vaders kit and animations lack of (The most important character in Star Wars Universe).

I want to see your comment when Darth Talons animations come up. CG said there were not much resources to look at it, only comics so i'm really curious about the INSPIRATION and CREATIVITY about her animations and kit. Those are the things Lord Vaders kit and animations lack of (The most important character in Star Wars Universe).

Well her kit is out and Kyle's animations are still some of the best this game has. :D
  • KKatarn wrote: »

Well her kit is out and Kyle's animations are still some of the best this game has. :D

Yes, but there's something in Kyle's passive stance (from the character menu) that i don't like. I think it's the hip's inclination: it's more like it is a bored guy waiting for his turn in the supermarket than a jedi knight with a lightsaber. It's not a "ready to action" pose, nor a waiting one. I'll think i'll open a thread in the feedback area when I'll got some spare time to gather some references, just to share some constructive ideas :)
  • What's the best team for KK ? Considering that Mon Mothma is not a 'Rebel Fighter' ? Does it matter much?
  • Korban wrote: »
    What's the best team for KK ? Considering that Mon Mothma is not a 'Rebel Fighter' ? Does it matter much?
    He will give a MM team a lot of buffs. Also he should hit really hard together with JK Luke and HYoda between the undispelled buffs and the double/triple attacks.