Next GA Tournment

Replies

• RTS wrote: »
    Did I miss something. Why was it delayed for so long?

We don’t know the details, just that there’s some sort of major change coming.

Where did they say that?
  • SotaDraken
    447 posts Member
    edited November 2021
    Kyno wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    NicWester wrote: »
    I m fine without GAC. Less tasks to do in this game feels like vacation

I think that's the reason. Big holiday in the US in a couple days, best to postpone GAC until it's over.

They should have an announcement coming, its tied up in approvals.

This has nothing to do with the holidays, and more to do with changes on the horizon.

Approvals….meaning changes to GAC…alright then. I mean communication would’ve been nice on their end instead of us having to hound you on the forums to get an answer from them. Sigh….

The information is there, you can clearly see it NOT listed on the calendar.

You keep giving this answer and the passive aggressiveness is top notch.. Most impressive..
  • RTS
    682 posts Member
    RTS wrote: »

Where did they say that?

Kyno said in a thread here
  • Kyno wrote: »

I think that's the reason. Big holiday in the US in a couple days, best to postpone GAC until it's over.

They should have an announcement coming, its tied up in approvals.

This has nothing to do with the holidays, and more to do with changes on the horizon.

Genuinely curious, how many layers of approvals are there? I assume there are different answers for different announcements. Can you ballpark a minimum, maximum, and typical?

There are different reasons things need approvals. Some times it is a timing thing, some times it is actual verbiage, and others it can be defining things for clarity, but it can also be a mix of these and other reasons.

In this case, I believe the delay is due to making sure the coming content timeline is in place before announcing the coming content (not new content, just changes/touch ups).

Its going to be one of these types of moments:
    m2j2k59iicsu.gif

So they are going to nerf more characters and make game modes more grindy? That’s about all they’ve done this year.
  • LordDirt wrote: »
    Legend91 wrote: »

ah yes, can't wait to see how they gonna ruin the last good and fun game mode

speak for yourself, I hate GAC

And yet I’m sure these changes will soon have you fondly reminiscing about those past GACs.
  • RTS wrote: »
    RTS wrote: »

Where did they say that?

Kyno said in a thread here

Right... okay, yeah, I saw that. So CG has still said nothing about it. Super :(
  • Still no communication
  • kello_511 wrote: »
    LordDirt wrote: »
    Legend91 wrote: »

ah yes, can't wait to see how they gonna ruin the last good and fun game mode

speak for yourself, I hate GAC

And yet I’m sure these changes will soon have you fondly reminiscing about those past GACs.

Nothing to remember, set all my GLs and wait.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Some in my guild have said conquest is supposed to start Monday but I haven't seen anything official. Maybe the delay is so gac and conquest don't run concurrently. If that ends up being the case that would be a welcome change in my opinion.
  • …but that would mean at least two weeks between gacs in the future… which would suck imo
  • I have this fantasy that they will have us alternate between Conquest and GAC, and time spent on the game will balance out.
  • Xaereth says Dec 15th, not sure where he got.that
  • NicWester wrote: »
    Kard_1986 wrote: »
    The thing is if they postpone for thanksgiving, then it’s going to run over Christmas, which is a far bigger holiday in world terms. Seems a bit backward

GAC is like 3 weeks, even if it started 1 December it’d still be over before holidays started.

Moot point, though, now that Kyno posted the update.

It is 4 weeks. It is not “like” 3 weeks.

A week is a subjective thing. It's not quantitative, like 7 days.
  • NicWester wrote: »
    The thing is if they postpone for thanksgiving, then it’s going to run over Christmas, which is a far bigger holiday in world terms. Seems a bit backward

GAC is like 3 weeks, even if it started 1 December it’d still be over before holidays started.

I thought a week was 7 days. Must be my subjective interpretation of it consisting of the days Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
  • Stokat wrote: »

I thought a week was 7 days. Must be my subjective interpretation of it consisting of the days Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday.

It does depend what planet you live on.
  • @CG_SBCrumb_MINI care to comment?
  • Rebmes wrote: »
    I have this fantasy that they will have us alternate between Conquest and GAC, and time spent on the game will balance out.

Yeah that would be better than a week or two if nothing to do followed by having to do both. But with CG, I'm skeptical they will get that right.
    I have this fantasy that they will have us alternate between Conquest and GAC, and time spent on the game will balance out.

Yeah that would be better than a week or two if nothing to do followed by having to do both. But with CG, I'm skeptical they will get that right.
    CG could just communicate with us instead of having us speculate if they plan to alternate GAC and Crapquest.

CG could just communicate with us instead of having us speculate if they plan to alternate GAC and Crapquest.

Yeah that would be nice.
  • "Hold on to your butts" is CG code for "GAC battle pass is coming".
  • Stokat wrote: »

It does depend what planet you live on.
    What planet do you live on?
  • Zynth0s wrote: »

I'm 4k away from next division and have over 20 toons to gear and level up lol. I needs the GAC to start

The bottom of Div 1 is faaaaaaar less competitive than the top of division 2.

Who?

Who?

He's a you tube content creator ... A good one
  • There are some rumors going around that arena as it exists might be going away and crystal income transferred to GAC.

At this point, it seems like most people are ready to move on from SWGOH. This would likely be the fastest way to cause the final mass exodus.
  • I dont see it happening but we shall see.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • If all of the auto set players quit the game I would be happy.
    3v3 FTW