gp68l449qv6u.png

Replies

• What a mess that is
  • Mkingshott
    16 posts Member
    edited November 2021
    Ignore me, misunderstood!
  • Translation for others:

Even thought he gave Phasma the zeta, her icon doesn't show that she has it. On the bottom left should be that zeta symbol with the number 1 in it standing for 1 Zeta-upgraded Ability.
  • DarjeloSalas
    9944 posts Member
    edited November 2021
    Agree with OP.

This is my Phasma, having applied the zeta last night….ui0jx18ni68r.jpeg

This is my guildmate’s Phasma, having applied the zeta and then the omnomnicron last night….
    uwodpqas4dcj.jpeg

So if you apply a zeta that sits below an omnomnicron it will no longer appear on the character’s icon. If you apply an omnomnicron it appears as a zeta icon.

This is incredibly poor from the devs. They announced this addition to the game a couple of weeks ago and I find it staggering they didn’t think about the visual representation of this sort of situation.

When the community decries the devs for not spotting an exploit such as using Gamorrean Guard with Sion and Young Lando to build a cheap counter to GL Rey*, I have some sympathy for them. The number of variables at play in character interactions is massive.

But within a few minutes of omnomnicrons being announced, a thread had been created wondering about how they would be visually presented on character icons. Why couldn’t the devs think of this and implement something?

* this isn’t a real thing, before anyone tries it!
  • In both cases my R5 Rose Tico won’t get any zeta sitting next to her profile picture…
  • Hahaha good one
  • Even if you fix this and put the zeta symbol back, in a 50 strong wall TW how would you know when it represents the normal lead and not the Omi lead? Omi needs another symbol or we will end up having to click 50 phasma to check abilities.
  • I guess they never did figure out just how to display that in a way that makes sense.
  • Rebmes wrote: »
    I guess they never did figure out just how to display that in a way that makes sense.

Why not treat it like the GL ult? One color to show the zeta and a second color to show the Omnomnomnicron
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Zanir wrote: »
    I was honestly a bit disappointed to see that omicron isn't indicated anywhere on the portrait.

It will be.
  • Why do they insist on releasing content that isn’t ready for production yet? Either hire more QA/devs to release a less-buggy product, or don’t release it until it’s ready.

This is a terrible look for CG, when combined with the increased drive for monetization. You can’t have your cake and eat it too. You can’t keep asking for money, yet keep releasing buggy content that frustrates the community. And it’s obviously not limited to this Phasma issue.

Please hire more Devs and QAs!!! Stop pushing out content not ready for production!! Add another 2-week Sprint if need be. This is common sense Agile Software Development. C’mon guys, you should know better.
  • TheDude420 wrote: »
    Why do they insist on releasing content that isn’t ready for production yet? Either hire more QA/devs to release a less-buggy product, or don’t release it until it’s ready.

This is a terrible look for CG, when combined with the increased drive for monetization. You can’t have your cake and eat it too. You can’t keep asking for money, yet keep releasing buggy content that frustrates the community. And it’s obviously not limited to this Phasma issue.

Please hire more Devs and QAs!!! Stop pushing out content not ready for production!! Add another 2-week Sprint if need be. This is common sense Agile Software Development. C’mon guys, you should know better.

Ahh... but it appears they can. Fact is, it seems there are plenty of folks who are willing to give CG cake no matter what.
    Why do they insist on releasing content that isn’t ready for production yet? Either hire more QA/devs to release a less-buggy product, or don’t release it until it’s ready.

Ahh... but it appears they can. Fact is, it seems there are plenty of folks who are willing to give CG cake no matter what.

Great point. Until we start speaking with our wallets, they probably won’t change anything.
  • When will people realize we are QA for CG?
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?

Ahh... but it appears they can. Fact is, it seems there are plenty of folks who are willing to give Star Wars cake no matter what.

Fixed your post

• I mean there's also a lot of people who just don't care?

I don't spend any more because I'm on a budget. But I don't think a missing zeta icon on a character whose zeta is their leader ability is the straw that would break my back. If I see her in the leader position and her gear level is higher than 9 I feel like it's pretty safe to assume she's got her zeta active.

It should be fixed, sure, but I'm not going to get mad here.
    LordDirt wrote: »
    When will people realize we are QA for CG?
    Yeah, hi, welcome to every video game made since the end of the cartridge era.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • using Gamorrean Guard with Sion and Young Lando to build a cheap counter to GL Rey*,

You raised my hopes and then dashed them in ten seconds.
  • using Gamorrean Guard with Sion and Young Lando to build a cheap counter to GL Rey*,

You raised my hopes and then dashed them in ten seconds.

Same
  • Kyno wrote: »
    I was honestly a bit disappointed to see that omicron isn't indicated anywhere on the portrait.

It will be.

Why not immediately at release?
  • To complicated of a task
  • It’s a huge pain for TW because you have to check each phasma lead to see if they have it. That, or assume they do and use a better team to be safe and potentially waste a team like IT.
  • Jpfit262 wrote: »
    It’s a huge pain for TW because you have to check each phasma lead to see if they have it. That, or assume they do and use a better team to be safe and potentially waste a team like IT.

Except you don't. The zeta icon only shows up if they have the Omicron right now. Pretty easy tell. Mine had the zeta beforehand and the icon disappeared until I applied the Omicron.
  • And the funny thing is that in guild chat I read that I applied the zeta to Phasma (yes, years ago)

It will be.
    It isn't though. Keep defending CG.

It will be.
    It isn't though. Keep defending CG.

What isn’t? He is literally telling you it will be and giving you that information is…defending cg? What is happening
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Hahahaha, in some distant, unknown future it will be visible for us. Let's just wait and await the bugs coming with it.
  • I’m glad this got bumped, because it’s very annoying. CG should be embarrassed that they’ve broken something as simple as this and it still hasn’t been fixed.