Kyle Katarn LETS GOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

I am so happy rn... I played the jedi knight games through lockdown and Katarn is siiiick.

THANK YOU for bringing him in this game.

Replies

• glad you made another thread for this
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Hope you enjoy using him at g11 unless you plan on spending money.
  • Disappointing if he's required for starkiller though.

Kyle is the grandfather of all SW game characters.
  • cboath7 wrote: »
    Disappointing if he's required for starkiller though.

Kyle is the grandfather of all SW game characters.

Didn't know he was in the first SW game in 1982.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • There were no characters really in the first game - the arcade game flying an xwing. There were characters in the ROTJ game, but they were the main characters of the movie largely.

The first computer game I believe was Dark Forces.
  • Not close but it is ok
  • LordDirt wrote: »
    glad you made another thread for this

Me too :smiley:
  • LordDirt wrote: »
    Not close but it is ok

Another 40+ year old troll added to ignore list :smile:
  • KueChael
    930 posts Moderator
    Happy this guy is here. He was a fun game character to play with.
  • crasysab wrote: »
    LordDirt wrote: »
    Not close but it is ok

Another 40+ year old troll added to ignore list :smile:

You must believe nothing existed before you did.
  • Never played any of the games before the MMO, never read any of the books or comics. No idea who Kyle Katarn is.

But playing with him in the marquee event and reading his abilities? Hooooo-boy! I’m really considering the $19.99 pack now. What a fun character!
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Who??
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
    There were no characters really in the first game - the arcade game flying an xwing. There were characters in the ROTJ game, but they were the main characters of the movie largely.

Speak for yourself, but I'll always have the headcanon of Keyan Farlander due to the amazing Strategy Guide for X-Wing.
    There were no characters really in the first game - the arcade game flying an xwing. There were characters in the ROTJ game, but they were the main characters of the movie largely.

Rebel Assault came before, in 1993.
  • Shame that his event wasn't nowhere near as fun or unique as Dash’s

I guess I expected too much from that new “tool” CG seems to rave about
  • Wookieebush
    92 posts Member
    edited November 2021
    NicWester wrote: »
    Never played any of the games before the MMO, never read any of the books or comics. No idea who Kyle Katarn is.

But playing with him in the marquee event and reading his abilities? Hooooo-boy! I’m really considering the $19.99 pack now. What a fun character!

I recommend it (playing the old pc games that is). I started playing through the series again and just finished dark forces 2 a few hours ago. Very dated but still very fun IMO. I’m eager to start up sith mysteries next. I never played it and it’s included in the pack.
  • SemiGod wrote: »
    Shame that his event wasn't nowhere near as fun or unique as Dash’s

I guess I expected too much from that new “tool” CG seems to rave about

This - BUT... I am just really really happy to see Katarn in this game.

I played the JK games last year through lockdown cos we had nothing else to do... and I instantly liked his character and Jan Ors. From what I can tell they haven't been in another star wars game? Can anyone confirm?