What changes does everyone want for GAC?

Replies

• To the gentlemen that proposed a 2-1-2 layout with ships in the middle….NO !
  • Oh, another one--allow a default deployment at the start of the event. If you don't deploy, your default is automatically deployed. I like GAC, I participate in GAC, I compete in GAC. I do not care anywhere near enough to analyze my opponent's roster and minmax my defenses against theirs. So I set a defense in round 1, let it ride for rounds 2 and 3. Then the next phase I've got to set the same thing again manually...
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Better rewards. Balanced matchmaking when it comes to GL’s.

The ability to alter defenses once set in case mistakes are made.
  • Soooo… you guys saw the stuff on reddit…?
  • Less of it. Half as much gac and double the rewards to compensate.
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Better rewards. Balanced matchmaking when it comes to GL’s.

The ability to alter defenses once set in case mistakes are made.

From my understanding each of these (except MM based in GLs) is on the docket. No timeline was expressed, but all of these ideas were, as they look at the future of GAC.
  • NicWester wrote: »
    when I hit Kyber I basically give up and only do feats because unless I'm in the top 200 (or whatever) the prizes are all the same.

Dont sleep on the ‘winner of the match’ prize. Those sweet gac tokens are the real deal.
  • RoBane1738 wrote: »
    Like my uncle Lester always said, if it ain’t broke why try to fix it

Improvement matters.
  • Just so you guys know, all this is too little too late. The changes have been made. They are testing now. Should've spoken up sooner.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Just so you guys know, all this is too little too late. The changes have been made. They are testing now. Should've spoken up sooner.

Many things are looked at in phases, so its never too late to get ideas out there.
  • The previous update to GAC was with respect to the division format. It needed the reboot it got and was done in a week if I remember correctly.

whatever they are doing this time around, i can only assume, is more complicated.

I have some pie in the sky theories but i think what they are preparing to implement is a new match making system, A new auto deploy system (bottom of roster deployed and not the top) and a new reward system.

Match making has gotten progressively worse the more GL's are introduced to the games and the character nerfs have exacerbated the problem. Altering the code and periodically testing it is gonna take time. The auto deploy system needs to give full advantage to the competitor who shows up so I believe the code is getting changed on that too.

The rewards I'm not so sure about. I think crystal rewards added to the weekly rewards and R8/R9 materials added to the monthly reward, based on final position. (top 1000 get R8 and top 100 Get R8 and R9) which of course would only be a solid prospect if they alter the match making.

Id love to see a live ability to play GAC but that's a pie in the sky idea and so to would be my desire to see GAC get a challenge mode where two competitors get to challenge each other in a live match.

Nah i think its gonna be the first 3 with maybe a sprinkling of QoL additions like an un-join button and the ability to change mods between rounds and a better way to decide draws because losing a GAC round because your opponent has higher GP is soul destroying!

Anyway, That's my 2 cents!
  • Remove both GAC and conquest from the game.
    Less time spent on this game will make less people want to quit

That's maybe the dumbest thing I've read here in a while.

So you havent seen Kyno’s reply on the calendar issue…
  • One option would be to have each match take place in a different location (i.e. on the Death Star with Unstable Energies) just like Galactic Challenges.

I wouldn't mind if we alternated between Conquest and GAC, just like we do between Territory Battles and Territory Wars.

I wouldn't be surprised if we move to a reward track or something, though.
  • snookalo
    289 posts Member
    edited November 2021
    Give us the option to choose between gac or conquest. Make the reward structure similar. There’s just too much time dedicated to this game and some of us prefer pve to pvp while some prefer the opposite.
  • snookalo wrote: »
    Give us the option to choose between gac or conquest. Make the reward structure similar. There’s just too much time dedicated to this game and some of us prefer pve to pvp while some prefer the opposite.

Why do you people act as if you are forced to do "time intensive" game modes?

You’ve already got the option, just don’t play one of them if it’s too much for you. Why should others have less to do because you think it requires too much time?

Thing is, though, it’s really not a lot of time. The problem, in my experience, is that people tend to do things all at once around the schedule of the game instead of in bits and pieces around their schedule.

If you know you’ll be doing 10 fights in GAC and each fight will take ~3 minutes, you could sit down for a half hour near the end of the round for some perceived benefit. Or you could do 5 minutes every couple hours when is most convenient for you.

Conquest is a little different. That’s more time consuming depending on how seriously you want to take it, so you’ll get no argument from me on that. I like it, I do about 8-10 fights a day most days, using just free energy. Once the weekend rolls around I’ll refresh and do a little more.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    Remove both GAC and conquest from the game.

i don't know

if they got rid of toons, i'd be saving a lot of time not modding, gearing, or farming them

Can't quit what you don't play

Rewards mean progressing. If you don’t join it all you don’t progress as fast. Have you played this game?

You’ve already got the option, just don’t play one of them if it’s too much for you. Why should others have less to do because you think it requires too much time?

I don’t really play gac. I message my opponent and offer them the win if they’ll set junk so I can at least get the portraits and titles.
    snookalo wrote: »

Rewards mean progressing. If you don’t join it all you don’t progress as fast. Have you played this game?

So which is it? That ^ or this:
    I don’t really play gac. I message my opponent and offer them the win if they’ll set junk so I can at least get the portraits and titles.

• snookalo
    289 posts Member
    edited November 2021

So which is it? That ^ or this:

What do you mean? It’s both. I join, but offer my opponent the win. If I didn’t join at all I wouldn’t get anything. 8th place still gets rewards and I still make aurodium with minimal effort.
  • Miketo28
    204 posts Member
    edited November 2021
    I want all my opponents to have fewer GLs than me and horrendous rosters in comparison to mine.

CG should make loads of fake accounts and let us all reach other!
  • Just don't ruin it like you do for everything else that's fun
  • i'd like to see the game keep track of players who habitually sign up but then don't play, and match them up against each other. if someone wants to sign up and then do nothing so they can get minor rewards, that's fine, but i don't want them wrecking my fun with their auto-deploys.
  • osbourne wrote: »
    i'd like to see the game keep track of players who habitually sign up but then don't play, and match them up against each other. if someone wants to sign up and then do nothing so they can get minor rewards, that's fine, but i don't want them wrecking my fun with their auto-deploys.

I will gladly take the guaranteed win when that happens.
  • Make everyone pay $20 in order to clear the GAC map!
  • I'd like to know what is happening with GAC before it actually happens.

:p