‘ These units will not follow the traditional cadence for character releases.’

Will the devs provide any clarity to how they will release to shard shop / free to farm?

Or just gonna drop the bomb in a month and hope for panic spending?

Replies

• You know they dont like to release too much info
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • They won't drop the bomb in a month...Starkiller is released in less than a month, so it will be the day before
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Bold of you to assume that they will be free to farm. "Not follow traditional cadence" can mean a lot of things, from speeding things up to staying crystal exclusive forever...
  • I think staying crystal exclusive forever is the way.
  • Ripperpa wrote: »
    I think staying crystal exclusive forever is the way.

Crystal exclusive?!? This is why you will never be hired by CG. Think cash exclusive!
    B);)
  • Ripperpa wrote: »
    I think staying crystal exclusive forever is the way.

Crystal exclusive?!? This is why you will never be hired by CG. Think cash exclusive!
    B);)

Cash is too unreliable. Make that Gold exclusive!
  • Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    Nah you can’t milk gold. Think blood.
  • Sewpot wrote: »

Too messy, souls are much better, and more valuable.
  • WD_40 wrote: »
    Sewpot wrote: »

Too messy, souls are much better, and more valuable.

First born child brings in a pretty penny

• Last time that mention of a different cadence was used was when Kuiil and IG came about for Mando. With that in mind I'm guessing a week after the last marquee we will get some galactic chases for the new toons.
  • Sewpot wrote: »

Sorry, wrong, blue milk.
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.
  • I just hope they announce it within a month. I’m thinking about buying the Katarn pack, but since it’s only 30 shards it might not be worth it—or it could be extremely worth it. All depends on how arduous the farm winds up being.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • I think they will be crystal exclusive.
    It also fits very well with them nerfing rewards from squad arena or completely removing the squad arena.
    They think it’s to easy to get free crystals from the arenas so now they will make it harder for free to play o get a crystal income and at the same time making characters only available in the crystal shop.
  • Nick_74 wrote: »
    I think they will be crystal exclusive.
    It also fits very well with them nerfing rewards from squad arena or completely removing the squad arena.
    They think it’s to easy to get free crystals from the arenas so now they will make it harder for free to play o get a crystal income and at the same time making characters only available in the crystal shop.

This is probably the worst take I’ve read on this entire forum page and that’s saying something.
  • Nick_74 wrote: »

Iirc, there was some talk long ago about diversifying the crystal income which would necessarily mean nerfing arena rewards, but removing it outright is really far-fetched.
  • Nauros wrote: »
    Nick_74 wrote: »

Iirc, there was some talk long ago about diversifying the crystal income which would necessarily mean nerfing arena rewards, but removing it outright is really far-fetched.

Depends on if CG wants to do a “Killing swgoh speedrun any%”

• NicWester wrote: »
    I just hope they announce it within a month. I’m thinking about buying the Katarn pack, but since it’s only 30 shards it might not be worth it—or it could be extremely worth it. All depends on how arduous the farm winds up being.

It will come back around, they will always provide a way to take your $$.
  • SemiGod wrote: »
    Nauros wrote: »

Interesting bc it was only a couple of years ago when they added the cc income to ships. They could have nerfed it back then, so why now? If the rumors are true, there are plenty of other ways to prevent the shard mafia. Just nerfing cc income would push a ton of people away from the game. Plus I don't see how they would monetize such a move.

My guess is they want to amp up participation in gac. Which they can do without doing anything to arena.
  • LukeDukem8 wrote: »
    NicWester wrote: »
    I just hope they announce it within a month. I’m thinking about buying the Katarn pack, but since it’s only 30 shards it might not be worth it—or it could be extremely worth it. All depends on how arduous the farm winds up being.

It will come back around, they will always provide a way to take your $$.

They can have it. It’s worth buying. Why do people treat these things like they’re some evil Amway scam or something?

The question is whether 30 shards will make a difference or not.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • My guess would be a few days before Starkiller they will be farmable so that people start spending on crystals.
  • LukeDukem8 wrote: »
    SemiGod wrote: »

Interesting bc it was only a couple of years ago when they added the cc income to ships. They could have nerfed it back then, so why now? If the rumors are true, there are plenty of other ways to prevent the shard mafia. Just nerfing cc income would push a ton of people away from the game. Plus I don't see how they would monetize such a move.

My guess is they want to amp up participation in gac. Which they can do without doing anything to arena.

Im pretty sure ppl already found the “rumours” were fake from some people in the events discord.

Wouldn’t make sense for someone to get themselves a lawsuit over a mobile game in the first place.

This is probably the worst take I’ve read on this entire forum page and that’s saying something.

I wish it was…

Haha his quote looks spot on after today’s announcement
    LukeDukem8 wrote: »
    SemiGod wrote: »

Im pretty sure ppl already found the “rumours” were fake from some people in the events discord.

Wouldn’t make sense for someone to get themselves a lawsuit over a mobile game in the first place.

Again haha fake u say? Better look up definition of fake cuz turns out it was dead on
  • Nauros wrote: »

Lol far fetched? Idk why so many on here was quik to jump to their defense and say they would never do anything like tht. Not like they havent done it to us over n over in other ways