omnicron

Prev1
i have not gotten 1 omnicron drop from cantina since they have shower up. is this the same for everyone? thinking about sending a bug report

Replies

• Cantina drops are a bonus, like Omegas. GCs are the main source of omnicrons. You get 1 per GC, or 2 if you get box 8 or more
    My discord - BabyYoda#4470 My swgoh.gg - https://swgoh.gg/p/648565123/
  • Comatose
    62 posts Member
    edited November 2021
    so no drops in cantina even though its listed as a drop I mean i have not gotten one drop since they have appeared. already filed a complaint
  • I’ve got 4, and I do 3 refreshes every day in Cantina.

They are rare, but not non-existent.
  • It’s not a bug - just probability. So you can only really complain about that and I’m guessing the answer is ‘yes we know, we wrote it that way’.
    Good news however is most of the omicron abilities to date are pretty lacklustre (except Nebit, maybe Phasma), so you aren’t missing much
  • TheChild_eats_eggs1
    1459 posts Member
    edited November 2021
    Yup. I got 2 Omnicrons from Cantina, no refreshes rn cos I was saving up for double drops. Got 2 more today. It’s not meant to be a way to farm.
    Post edited by TheChild_eats_eggs1 on
  • If you’re using cantina to farm omicrons or omegas, you’re gonna have a bad time.
  • If you’re using cantina to farm omicrons or omegas, you’re gonna have a bad time.

Screenshot or it didn't happen
  • I got 2, maybe 3. But you're missing the point--you can get them from Cantina, but that's not the primary source. The intended source if farming these is Galactic Challenges. You get 4 per week, so long as you get at least a gold box.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Comatose wrote: »
    so no drops in cantina even though its listed as a drop I mean i have not gotten one drop since they have appeared. already filed a complaint

You know how character bonus shards sometimes give 25, 50, and 100 shards? It's kinda 100 shard rare.
  • Got 2 more today. It’s not meant to be a way to farm.

But you got 2...
  • Comatose wrote: »

You know how character bonus shards sometimes give 25, 50, and 100 shards? It's kinda 100 shard rare.

Has anyone been doing real tracking of the drop rate? I know it’s super low, I’m just curious how low.
  • Got 2 more today. It’s not meant to be a way to farm.

But you got 2...

Double Drops … 2 refreshes … haven’t got 1 in a week. It happens, but not regularly
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    edited November 2021
    Definitely isn’t bugged for me,
    9b5fnwoka52r.pngxo0nnb4vd5z0.png
    Today was a great day
  • Does anyone know if the cadence for releasing omicron updates is settled or confirmed? It looks like 2 per week on early evidence. Just wondering whether to upgrade Nebit now or wait to see what the Sidious upgrade is. If anyone needed a buff…
  • Wed_Santa wrote: »
    Does anyone know if the cadence for releasing omicron updates is settled or confirmed? It looks like 2 per week on early evidence. Just wondering whether to upgrade Nebit now or wait to see what the Sidious upgrade is. If anyone needed a buff…

if you mean how often they are updating characters to have microns, its every major update. so for now it is every week since we get that major update for a new character right now
  • ^ thanks
  • 3x refreshs every day

0 omis so far

whatever
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Not sure where best to post this but …. Omicron coronavirus variant…. CG are going to get a lot of Google hits all of a sudden.
  • Q: What's the omicron droprate?

A: 1ebnbm2hwkyc.jpg
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • Monel
    2776 posts Member
    Also, I wonder if they'll change the name of them now.
  • kalidor wrote: »
    Q: What's the omicron droprate?

If I recall correctly the drop rate Omega mats from Cantina battles when I tracked it farming the Vets was around 0.1 or 0.2% or 1/500 to 1/1000. I would expect Omnomicons to be similar.
  • Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    kalidor wrote: »
    Q: What's the omicron droprate?

If I recall correctly the drop rate Omega mats from Cantina battles when I tracked it farming the Vets was around 0.1 or 0.2% or 1/500 to 1/1000. I would expect Omnomicons to be similar.

The problem when a drop rate is that low is that ANY luck at all—good or bad—skews the final number all weird 😝

You get 1 in 999, then on the thousandth sim you get a second and BAM the odds literally double!
  • I got 2 covidcrons today
  • I just went crazy today when I found out the new variant is Omicron. Too real.
  • Yeah it's almost like there are a limited number of letters in the Greek alphabet.
  • Poor Phasma , the most infected character in swgoh. So far.
  • I got my first Omicrons from Cantina battles today - two for one, happy 6th SWGOH ;)