Wonder will omnicroms be renamed?

Prev13
Given recent news do you think the material name will be changed?

Replies

• Probably when Chuck renames Delta Squad
  • Given recent news do you think the material name will be changed?
    I can’t even…
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    edited November 2021
    Covidcrons
  • Gale_Toral
    127 posts Member
    edited November 2021
    That fact that everyone decided to run as fast as they could to reddit to post this...

Why is this even worthy of a post? All the ability materials are Greek letters.

This is gonna become the new "I unlocked SLKR's head!!!111!11!"
    Post edited by Kyno on
  • I just saw the article and laughed and came here to see if someone mentioned it yet and sure enough :)

Seems kind of funny for some reason that their latest endeavour name has been usurped by a virus :)
  • If Delta Airlines can survive the Delta variant, the Omicron Upgrades in SWGOH can probably survive this. I’ll worry when there’s a SWGOH variant.
  • TargetEadu wrote: »
    If Delta Airlines can survive the Delta variant, the Omicron Upgrades in SWGOH can probably survive this. I’ll worry when there’s a SWGOH variant.
    Swgoh variant will be p2p only.
  • Covidcron will be easy to remember.
  • Covidcron will be easy to remember.

Tell me about it! I met this little Sailor Moon cosplayer there, we checked into the Pendry San Diego with a crate of Cristal and… oh, are we talking about something else?

• Did the beer change its name?
  • I don’t know - what other beers does Louis Roederer make?
  • They could change it to a different letter in the Greek alphabet but I’m betting they wanna save them for the next level of progression…
  • sitsonthefence
    13 posts Member
    edited November 2021
    Gale_Toral wrote: »
    That fact that everyone decided to run as fast as they could to reddit to post this...

Why is this even worthy of a post? All the ability materials are Greek letters.

This is gonna become the new "I unlocked SLKR's head!!!111!11!"

It passes the time… you’re not obliged to be outraged… I’d suggest that you think harder before posting

Post edited by Kyno on
  • They could change it to a different letter in the Greek alphabet but I’m betting they wanna save them for the next level of progression…

They already screwed that up when they put omega before zeta
  • IronCross
    934 posts Member
    edited November 2021
    I suggest instead of changing the name, just change the symbol. 🦠 @Kyno @CG_SBCrumb_MINI @CG_Doja_Fett_MINI
  • I wonder now if CG was not working in that lab in Wuhan ?

What news?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Eweff wrote: »

What news?

A new variant was marked "of concern" by WHO. Its name is omicron, following the choice to name them all with Greek letters.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    Eweff wrote: »

What news?

A new variant was marked "of concern" by WHO. Its name is omicron, following the choice to name them all with Greek letters.

They skipped some letters ;)
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Who doesn't?

Besides, with any luck we can all move on from this covid stuff soon, especially some random variant ;)
  • The didn't skip letters. It's the name the variants in order, but we only hear about the ones that are noteworthy.

I mean there weren't covid 1-18 pandemics/scares (though i think SARS was one)...
  • cboath7 wrote: »
    The didn't skip letters. It's the name the variants in order, but we only hear about the ones that are noteworthy.

I mean there weren't covid 1-18 pandemics/scares (though i think SARS was one)...
    The 19 refers to the year in which this particular Coronavirus was detected.

It is wrong to think there have been 18 viruses preceding this one.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    edited November 2021
    cboath7 wrote: »
    The didn't skip letters. It's the name the variants in order, but we only hear about the ones that are noteworthy.

MERS.

"Covid" is a medical abbreviation of corona virus. A corona virus is just another type of virus, except it has little nubbins on it that looked like crowns when discovered, but now, in my opinion, look like red Shrek ears.

The number is the year that it was first identified, 2019.

The Greek letter is the order in which the variant is classified. Most variants aren't significantly different from "wild" covid, the original that hit in 2019 and the first half of 2020, so they go unremarked. The alpha, beta, and gamma variants didn't out-compete the wild strain, so we barely heard about them. The delta variant was more contagious, so it supplanted the wild strain and we heard a lot about it. If someone got it between May 2021 and now, odds are they got delta instead of anything else, with a minor chance of still getting the original strain.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.

The 19 refers to the year in which this particular Coronavirus was detected.

It is wrong to think there have been 18 viruses preceding this one.

Well, to be fair, there have been A LOT of corona viruses preceding this one. They just weren't anything major. Or they were major, like in the case of MERS, but were easily contained and had a high mortality rate so it didn't spread far. What makes this one special is that you're contagious for quite a while before symptoms present so you're spreading it before you know you have it. I'm not a doctor, I'm sure there are a ton of other things that make it special from previous corona viruses, but that's my understanding.

Well with the new COVID-19 variant, it might be a smart idea to change the name of omnicrons.... People would associate those with death due to how many people are dying from the new variant. Just a thought, we try to get away from the world when playing this game/games in general and the name just reminds of the pandemic and suffering.
  • DarthGrff wrote: »

Well with the new COVID-19 variant, it might be a smart idea to change the name of omnicrons.... People would associate those with death due to how many people are dying from the new variant. Just a thought, we try to get away from the world when playing this game/games in general and the name just reminds of the pandemic and suffering.

If you can't seperate reality from the game, you should probably take a break anyway.

They did skip letters, the WHO didn’t want to be seen as racist by naming it Xi. Politics in our medical field.

Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • LordDirt wrote: »
    cboath7 wrote: »

They did skip letters, the WHO didn’t want to be seen as racist by naming it Xi. Politics in our medical field.

Yeah, imagine not wanting to fight a fire with a hose full of gasoline.
  • Politics ruin everything, it is the fire
This discussion has been closed.