Update to sim the Sith Raid

Prev1
Any idea when this will happen?
Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?

Replies

• And if people will all get top 10 rewards, or how the sim reward structure will be
  • Ravens1113 wrote: »
    And if people will all get top 10 rewards, or how the sim reward structure will be

This is a super important point to bring up.... I REALLY hope they do the right thing and give top 10 reward box so that everyone in the guild will have a chance at fully crafted pieces. But I am very doubtful unfortunately..
  • Xcien
    2436 posts Member
    edited November 2021
    Soon (TM)

Joking aside, I would like to know when CG is planning to add the option to sim.
    I've found this whole experience to be very enlightening.

Thank you for evaluating. Your feedback is appreciated.
    And if people will all get top 10 rewards, or how the sim reward structure will be

I'd say this is the more crucial question. Because if they do 15th place rewards for all like they did with the other raids, I suspect most guilds won't want the sim feature anyway.
  • vincentlondon
    4527 posts Member
    edited November 2021
    I ‘d rather save 30 min of my life to not play manually sith raid than care about which rewards i get.
    But of course if we could get top 10 rewards that would be good
  • I ‘d rather save 30 min of my life to not play manually sith raid than care about which rewards i get.

I don't know what your guild looks like. Usually, mine has about 15 solos, mostly from folks that think they are likely to get top 10 based on their initial placement. There are maybe 10 more non-solos. In my case, if I know top 10 is unlikely but I don't want 45th, I'll just throw a team in on auto to register a score and get ~25th rewards.

My point is, if you are happy with below 10th rewards for zero effort, there's already a way to do that for minimal effort (depending on your guild).
  • Bump for visibility and this being a promise from two road ahead's ago that the devs may have forgot they made @CG_Doja_Fett_MINI . With how much of a grind/chore conquest is, I would certainly rather all of our guild get equal, decent rewards than have to in-fight and waste our time manually playing this THREE YEAR OLD raid.
  • WookieWookie
    1460 posts Member
    edited November 2021
    I ‘d rather save 30 min of my life to not play manually sith raid than care about which rewards i get.

I don't know what your guild looks like. Usually, mine has about 15 solos, mostly from folks that think they are likely to get top 10 based on their initial placement. There are maybe 10 more non-solos. In my case, if I know top 10 is unlikely but I don't want 45th, I'll just throw a team in on auto to register a score and get ~25th rewards.

My point is, if you are happy with below 10th rewards for zero effort, there's already a way to do that for minimal effort (depending on your guild).

I believe the math has already been done on the two simmable raids, and the conclusion was that the total of all gear for a simmed 50 man raid was greater than the total of a in-fought non-simmed raid. Yes it's better for you, if you place in the top 10, to not sim it, but the guild benefits more as a whole (roster development, everyone having more gear for TW,TB, etc) if the whole guild sims it. Also QoL as it is 3 friggin years old and even CG is over trying to monetize guild in-fighting anymore.
  • I ‘d rather save 30 min of my life to not play manually sith raid than care about which rewards i get.

Except when anything outside of top 10 dog trash and holds zero chance for fully crafted G12 gear then they need to make the sim rewards a rank 10 at the worst. Other raids didn’t have this issue as you could get last place and at least still have some chance of a fully crafted piece. This is an issue of their own design and one they need to address
  • Being able to sim the Sith Triumvirate Raid would leave many guilds without any raids to play at all, if they're not doing the Challenge Rancor and have the AAT on sim.
  • Rebmes wrote: »
    Being able to sim the Sith Triumvirate Raid would leave many guilds without any raids to play at all, if they're not doing the Challenge Rancor and have the AAT on sim.

They don’t NEED to sim it though. They still have the option to run it manually like either the Pit or HAAT raid.
  • Rebmes wrote: »
    Being able to sim the Sith Triumvirate Raid would leave many guilds without any raids to play at all, if they're not doing the Challenge Rancor and have the AAT on sim.

That’s fine, they should make cpit simmable as well with how time consuming funquest & TW have become.

Still waiting on 36-48 hour attack phases in TW CG
    Rebmes wrote: »

They don’t NEED to sim it though. They still have the option to run it manually like either the Pit or HAAT raid.

Sounds fine in theory. But it's already almost impossible nowadays to find a strong guild that's still willing to play HAAT manually for those who would like it. Same will happen with HSTR after a while. It's so sad they never took the effort to give us a real, creative new raid instead of only a Rancor 2.0. Death Star Raid, Terentatek or other creatures, there would be so many options!
  • Hm... u forgot to think about CG strategy then. A new Raid generates in the first step no money (maybe in a second step, because u need all GL so fullfil it...).

The Rancor 2.0 is an example for this. CG: "Hey, new great raid, great new rewards."

Reality: Absolutly stupid new Raid, that ignores nearly all know game mechanics, nothing new, just this and overpowered already known enemies.
  • Probably won't happen until a new raid is released and has been around for a little bit. As it stands, it's just Sith Raid and Challenge Rancor that aren't simmable. Sim Sith Raid without a new one, and people are only doing one non-simmable raid.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • NicWester wrote: »
    Probably won't happen until a new raid is released and has been around for a little bit. As it stands, it's just Sith Raid and Challenge Rancor that aren't simmable. Sim Sith Raid without a new one, and people are only doing one non-simmable raid.

I doubt CG will release another raid.
  • Xcien
    2436 posts Member
    Probably won't happen until a new raid is released and has been around for a little bit. As it stands, it's just Sith Raid and Challenge Rancor that aren't simmable. Sim Sith Raid without a new one, and people are only doing one non-simmable raid.

If they do, it’ll probably be an overpowered Tank Takedown. However, the chances of an actual new raid is doubtful.

• SemiGod wrote: »
    NicWester wrote: »

They kinda already confirmed it isn't happening.
  • SemiGod wrote: »
    NicWester wrote: »

They kinda already confirmed it isn't happening.

Yep, took em like a year to do cpit and it got mastered in about a week or 2
  • Grand arena and squad arena changes are ok but where is the promised HSTR simming ability? This was promised long before. Since then we have seen gear economy changes, 50th lucasfilm anniversary, legends character coming to SWgoh. But they forgot about the HSTR. This is just a reminder to them. Cg, Dont also forget about the next phases of gear economy changes. It has been almost a month but we have no news on the next phase of gear economy changes and kyro crunch.
  • Xcien
    2436 posts Member
    Mi114 wrote: »
    Grand arena and squad arena changes are ok but where is the promised HSTR simming ability? This was promised long before. Since then we have seen gear economy changes, 50th lucasfilm anniversary, legends character coming to SWgoh. But they forgot about the HSTR. This is just a reminder to them. Cg, Dont also forget about the next phases of gear economy changes. It has been almost a month but we have no news on the next phase of gear economy changes and kyro crunch.

Letting guilds sim HSTR doesn’t make CG money. All the other things do.

• A Krayt dragon raid would be cool. Pretty much already established how each phase could work thanks to the Mandalorian episode it appeared in. Probably too much effort for them though.
  • Xcien
    2436 posts Member
    A Krayt dragon raid would be cool. Pretty much already established how each phase could work thanks to the Mandalorian episode it appeared in. Probably too much effort for them though.

A Krayt Dragon raid would be cool, but they said they won’t be making any new raids in the near future because the players beat their raids too easily.

• Xcien wrote: »
    A Krayt Dragon raid would be cool, but they said they won’t be making any new raids in the near future because the players beat their raids too easily.

Depends on the point of view. When the HSith-Raid was introduced, it was pretty difficult for most of the players. After introducing more power creep (relicts and so on) to the game, the Sithraid becomes easier.

New-Rancor-****-Raid... really... nothing new, just overpowered enemies and ignoring nearly all game mechanics...

A real new raid should be difficult with different 'stages' and perhaps with welltested specialies.

But, as already mentioned, a raid won't generate money for CG, so we won't see a new one.
  • I’m hoping for a new raid, no carbon copies then the sith raid can be simmable.
  • ArdenAskellan
    18 posts Member
    edited December 2021
    Sith Raid should not be simmable. It is one of the last remaining places where you can get ahead by carefull planning, skillful play and investing time.
  • Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    This is why we need personal raids. Easy medium and hard. You farm your own raid tickets and enter when ready on your own time.
  • Mohrg
    197 posts Member
    Sith Raid should not be simmable. It is one of the last remaining places where you can get ahead by carefull planning, skillful play and investing time.

Unless 35 members of your guild all log a full clear at the same time and then its a lottery as to your final place.
    having a 5 minute window to post a score sucks, especially when the start time is midnight and you have a job and kids.
  • Mohrg wrote: »

Unless 35 members of your guild all log a full clear at the same time and then its a lottery as to your final place.
    having a 5 minute window to post a score sucks, especially when the start time is midnight and you have a job and kids.

The more dedicated players get rewarded more. It's even more important for players not in top guilds. The GAC changes are a huge reward nerf for ambitious players below 6M GP.
  • Sith Raid should not be simmable. It is one of the last remaining places where you can get ahead by carefull planning, skillful play and investing time.

Just because it's simmable doesn't mean your guild has to sim it.