No Dark Side GL can efficiently counter a JMK/CAT/GK/GAS squad.

Tom232
5 posts Member
edited November 2021
No Dark Side Galactic Legend can efficiently counter a Jedi Master Kenobi/CAT/GK/GAS team in squad arena. What are you doing to fix this imbalance?

My arena shard is full of JMK squads, and nobody is using Lord Vader/Maul to climb in arena.
I recently unlocked LV and Maul, and so far all the testing has ended in failure. Even with god tier mods on LV/Maul/Vader/Piett/Royal Guard, they are still getting defeated by average JMK squads.

The amount of investment required to obtain LV, compared to JMK is a lot more.
Surely LV’s power level should surpass that of JMK’s, considering the investment people have made to unlock him?

I am grateful for the work you are doing, and look forward to a favourable response.
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• Gale_Toral
    127 posts Member
    edited November 2021
    qckh27l8g1s6.png
    1dndedjbfdey.png

Sorry but you're incorrect. The LV vs JMK match needs understanding and cannot be done on auto, but it is 100% possible if you analyse the match up and realise exactly what make the JMK team so good and braindead to use. The standard LV team has all the tools needed to combat it.

And yes, opponents in my shard are very efficient on their modding.

Edit - I don't mean to come across as patronising or anything like that. If you would like to discuss how to do this, I'd be happy to help.
  • Do you have LVs ult? Hes pretty much useless without it, but with it it should be more than possible to beat JMK if you have Maul.
  • Don’t worry just gear up 4 more 400 kyro marquees to get starkiller and I’m sure it’ll help LV a tad ;)
  • ruleofone
    1 posts Member
    edited November 2021
    y7f11hwb16gw.jpg
    Just ditch Darth Vader and put in the team Stormtooper and you will push auto and win.....
    Post edited by ruleofone on
  • RameusYYC
    42 posts Member
    edited November 2021
    Ironically LV climbs through JMK easily and hold better. You probably need to remod and figure out his kit.

https://youtu.be/HuafLzkHN3U
  • RameusYYC wrote: »
    Ironically LV climbs through JMK easily and hold better. You probably need to remod and figure out his kit.

https://youtu.be/HuafLzkHN3U

I'd be interested in seeing a full breakdown of your mods and your speeds and the JMK team's speeds.

For reference, here is my own team going against a JMK. Our turn orders are different, and I decide to extend the battle close to the end to finish with full health on everyone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHyidlPdLIE&ab_channel=JohnMcCormick
  • Sounds like a case of the gitguds
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • I have done some more testing. The LV squad do counter JMK, but very poorly. The banners in GAC will be terrible. LV will be going on defence in GAC.

In regards to arena, there are still some high relic JMK squads that are problematic. A lot of the battles in arena I have done, LV is only scraping through by the skin of his teeth.

JMK is the better GL. LV requirements with 4 relic 8’s, and 4 relic 7’s is considerably more then JMK’s.
    The amount of money needed to unlock LV, is considerably more in return for an inferior GL.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Money?
  • Tom232 wrote: »
    I have done some more testing. The LV squad do counter JMK, but very poorly. The banners in GAC will be terrible. LV will be going on defence in GAC.

In regards to arena, there are still some high relic JMK squads that are problematic. A lot of the battles in arena I have done, LV is only scraping through by the skin of his teeth.

JMK is the better GL. LV requirements with 4 relic 8’s, and 4 relic 7’s is considerably more then JMK’s.
    The amount of money needed to unlock LV, is considerably more in return for an inferior GL.

Have you even watched the video I posted? Yes the LV team needs good modding to tackle JMK, but any competent JMK team is already excellent modded, and SHOULD require excellent mods to handle it. It is perfectly possible to achieve maximum banners as shown in my video.

I have ended every battle with my LV team with everyone alive and at full or near-full health for the past 2 weeks now because I put in the work and understanding to mod the team correctly.
  • Gale_Toral wrote: »
    Tom232 wrote: »
    I have done some more testing. The LV squad do counter JMK, but very poorly. The banners in GAC will be terrible. LV will be going on defence in GAC.

Have you even watched the video I posted? Yes the LV team needs good modding to tackle JMK, but any competent JMK team is already excellent modded, and SHOULD require excellent mods to handle it. It is perfectly possible to achieve maximum banners as shown in my video.

I have ended every battle with my LV team with everyone alive and at full or near-full health for the past 2 weeks now because I put in the work and understanding to mod the team correctly.

What on Earth would lead you to think that people would put their best mods on LV :smile:
  • That’s the problem with LV, it requires perfect mod setup and high relics to get a win, as opposed to jmk that you could have pretty much any relic level on your toons with okay mods and win.
    Remember the cost of LV was MUCH higher than jmk.
  • This is why $tarkiller, Cash Spendar, Kyle Casharn, Mara Jad & the other Marqu££ are coming.

To eradicate this issue entirely (I’d assume but have no faith for)
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Gale_Toral wrote: »

What on Earth would lead you to think that people would put their best mods on LV :smile:

why would people put their best mods on their arena team? hmm
  • Gifafi wrote: »
    Gale_Toral wrote: »

why would people put their best mods on their arena team? hmm

They do, and that’s why JMK has their best mods ;).

I mean that is why only 25% of LV owners use him as their arena squad in the top 100 ofc.
  • Maul doesn't need as much speed since he gets speed up at the beginning of every encounter thanks to LV unique. But he should still reach the 280-ish threshold so the speed up and LV Lead speed bonus makes him outrun CAT.

I recommend to not blast through all 5 stacks of Anguish until you've used Seething Rage at full stacks at least twice to control enemy CD. Seething Rage - Seething Rage - His other Special which's name I always forget to stay at 5 stacks so he keeps ignoring taunts and increases enemy CD by 2 that can't be resisted.

LV Teams don't need a lot of speed if you use your Maul to keep their cooldowns in check all the time. Yes, it means LV Ult charges a bit slower, but the pay-out is arguably much better by keeping enemy cooldowns up all the **** time.
  • Maul is way too complex for the AI to handle. Sometimes you want to use all 5 Anguish to kill something. Sometimes you want to use 2 to increase CDs and have 5 stacks for next turn. Sometimes you want to use Anguish strategically to let Maul get a kill with his AoE. Plus you have to decide who’s cooldowns are increased. Any of these have potential to flop big time.

JMK + CAT the only choice is who is erased from the enemy team. And while there’s certainly some optimal hits, there’s not really any wrong choice for the AI to make.
  • "Never make the mistake of believing forbearance equates to acceptance, or that all positions are equally valid."
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn
  • Haven't read through the thread, just came in here to say that I climb daily and make #1 at payout with Lord Vader, Maul, RG and almost any 2 of (Darth Vader, Piett, Moff Gideon, Stormtrooper, Shoretrooper) and I regularly beat JMK/CAT/GAS teams with all 5 of my toons alive. I do have to play it, can't hit auto like I can against JML teams.

I like to hit CAT twice in a row with Mauls +2 to cooldowns on his first two turns, then the rest of his stacks go to GK on his second turn so you can trigger JMK save before he goes into Ultimate. I also like to save Lord Vader second special for when he has his ultimate or after GK uses his first special.