Imperial Remnant

LordDirt
4941 posts Member
edited March 2021
So why no Shoretrooper? We saw them in a few episodes so either they left them out on accident or have a fifth in mind on the way?
Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?

Replies

• I'm hoping either Scout or Incinerator Trooper
  • If the idea is to use a Moff Gideon lead Imperial Remnant squad...his leadership needs 2 x Attackers (Dark & Derek), a Tank (Gary) and a support.

I am thinking it will be either:
    How about The Client (Werner Herzog) the "I would like to see the baby" guy.
    https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/The_Client
    Seems like a support type toon.
    Possible Tags: Empire, Support, Imperial Remnant, Imperial Trooper (If Piett can be one, why not The Clent?)

or maybe Doctor Pershing -- https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Pershing
    Tags: Empire, Healer, Support, Imperial Remnant, Imperial Trooper (Not really a Trooper but one is needed for Gideon's full leadership to work)
  • or we could get a tank trooper?
    “But you know what I always say: Speak softly and drive a big tank.”
  • or we could get a tank trooper?

We already have a tank trooper. Gary aka Stormtrooper. (Not saying is is a great tank, just that he is one).

I repeat, if the idea is to use a Moff Gideon lead Imperial Remnant squad...his leadership needs 2 x Attackers (Dark & Derek), a Tank (Gary) and a support. We don't have a Imperial Remnant support trooper toon yet.
  • Sebek wrote: »
    He meant Tank Trooper from Mando chapter 15 i think

Even if that is true, why would we need a second remnant tank trooper when we don't have a support remnant trooper?
    He meant Tank Trooper from Mando chapter 15 i think

Even if that is true, why would we need a second remnant tank trooper when we don't have a support remnant trooper?

It's called a Tank Trooper, but based on what they do in the episode they'd be a support unit in game
  • There is no way with all the mando content they are not going to do GL’s for both sides with much better leader slots.
  • Yeah I meant tank trooper from mando as a support. my bad for not making it clear @LendersQuiz lol
  • Foxer2373 wrote: »
    There is no way with all the mando content they are not going to do GL’s for both sides with much better leader slots.

There is no way with the mando content that they will make gls for both sides. The best well get from mando will probably be a epic confrontation but not til the show is over. gl boba after his show tho?
  • I don't understand either why Shoretrooper didn't get the remnant tag. Poor lunch trooper from Mandalorian was a shoretrooper too, wasn't he?
  • Xcien
    2436 posts Member
    I’m wondering why TFP doesn’t have either the Imperial Trooper tag or the Imperial Remnant tag. I mean, TIE Fighter Pilots fought in battle, and were part of the Imperial Remnants, so they should have both tags.
    I've found this whole experience to be very enlightening.

Thank you for evaluating. Your feedback is appreciated.
  • Nice mini-necro (in the scale of what can happen on the forums, this was miniscule).
    Xcien wrote: »
    I’m wondering why TFP doesn’t have either the Imperial Trooper tag or the Imperial Remnant tag. I mean, TIE Fighter Pilots fought in battle, and were part of the Imperial Remnants, so they should have both tags.

Can’t tell if ur serious, but IT is about land Troopers. Veers stepped onto Hoth, same with Starck. TFPs attack from their TFs. Piett is the only exception to this iirc.
    My discord - BabyYoda#4470 My swgoh.gg - https://swgoh.gg/p/648565123/
  • Xcien
    2436 posts Member
    Nice mini-necro (in the scale of what can happen on the forums, this was miniscule).

Can’t tell if ur serious, but IT is about land Troopers. Veers stepped onto Hoth, same with Starck. TFPs attack from their TFs. Piett is the only exception to this iirc.

I know that, yet we have Piett, who was an officer of the Imperial Navy, and didn’t actually participate in battle. So if Piett counts as an Imperial Trooper, then why shouldn’t TIE Fighter Pilots, who actually fought in battles?

• Xcien wrote: »
    Nice mini-necro (in the scale of what can happen on the forums, this was miniscule).

I know that, yet we have Piett, who was an officer of the Imperial Navy, and didn’t actually participate in battle. So if Piett counts as an Imperial Trooper, then why shouldn’t TIE Fighter Pilots, who actually fought in battles?

Same goes for Royal Guards. They were literally specialized Stormtroopers. It's strange they don't have the tag
  • Those are good points
    My discord - BabyYoda#4470 My swgoh.gg - https://swgoh.gg/p/648565123/
  • Xcien wrote: »

Same goes for Royal Guards. They were literally specialized Stormtroopers. It's strange they don't have the tag

Royal guards and stormtroopers are nowhere near the same thing
  • CCyrilS wrote: »

Have you read the old Crimson Empire comics? Royal guards were chosen from the Stormtrooper ranks

Have you read the old Crimson Empire comics? Royal guards were chosen from the Stormtrooper ranks

Yeah, but their tests and training go so far beyond that comparing them to troopers is just silly
    CCyrilS wrote: »

Yeah, but their tests and training go so far beyond that comparing them to troopers is just silly

I'm just saying they should have the tag since the Royal Guard is part of the Stormtrooper Corps. They are leagues above regular Troopers, but still apart of the Corps nonetheless.

I'm just saying they should have the tag since the Royal Guard is part of the Stormtrooper Corps. They are leagues above regular Troopers, but still apart of the Corps nonetheless.

But they aren't a part of Stormtrooper Corps.

I literally just explained how they are. Go to there Wookiepedia page even. It explains it more in depth that they are indeed specialized Stormtroopers
    Sebek wrote: »

I literally just explained how they are. Go to there Wookiepedia page even. It explains it more in depth that they are indeed specialized Stormtroopers

Wookiepedia doesn't include Stormtrooper Corps as one of their affilations though. Besides, Royal Guards existed before Stormtrooper Corps.

They did, but after the formation of the Empire Palpatine had the best Stormtroopers given even more extensive training to become Royal Guards. The Crimson Empire comic books show how Stormtroopers went on to become Guardsmen for instance. Regardless I would argue they are closer to being Imperial Troopers than Admiral Piett or Moff Gideon are.

Wookiepedia doesn't include Stormtrooper Corps as one of their affilations though. Besides, Royal Guards existed before Stormtrooper Corps.

They did, but after the formation of the Empire Palpatine had the best Stormtroopers given even more extensive training to become Royal Guards. The Crimson Empire comic books show how Stormtroopers went on to become Guardsmen for instance. Regardless I would argue they are closer to being Imperial Troopers than Admiral Piett or Moff Gideon are.

The Crimson Empire is legends content though.

How does that matter in this game? We have plenty of Legends characters such as the Sith Triumvirate, Kyle Katarn, Dash Rendar, the KOTOR toons, Starkiller, etc. Therefore Royal Guards being Imperial Troopers shouldn't be affected by whether or not a story that says they're Troopers is canon.

How does that matter in this game? We have plenty of Legends characters such as the Sith Triumvirate, Kyle Katarn, Dash Rendar, the KOTOR toons, Starkiller, etc. Therefore Royal Guards being Imperial Troopers shouldn't be affected by whether or not a story that says they're Troopers is canon.

But Sith Trio, KOTOR, Starkiller are all exclusively from legends. Royal Guards are not exclusively legends.

I don't see how that matters

But Sith Trio, KOTOR, Starkiller are all exclusively from legends. Royal Guards are not exclusively legends.

The Royal Guard in the game is the canon version of Royal Guards.

Alright, canon source then. The book Lords of the Sith. Still says they used to be Stormtroopers before becoming Royal Guards
  • Xcien
    2436 posts Member

Alright, canon source then. The book Lords of the Sith. Still says they used to be Stormtroopers before becoming Royal Guards

Used to be doesn't mean they still are.

Well, since Royal Guards DID fight in battle as soldiers, they technically are Imperial Troopers, regardless of if they are Stormtroopers or not.

Well, since Royal Guards DID fight in battle as soldiers, they technically are Imperial Troopers, regardless of if they are Stormtroopers or not.

Technically yes.

So there we go. They deserve the tag more so than the likes of Piett and Gideon

Technically yes.

So there we go. They deserve the tag more so than the likes of Piett and Gideon

But you said they were Stormtrooper Corps, not that they are Imperial Troopers.

My first comment was they should have the tag. The Stormtrooper thing is a side argument. At any rate they still were part of it according to both canon and legends sources