Question on DBB Mechanics

RTS
682 posts Member
edited November 2021
Anyone more familiar with how mechanics interact shed some light on this?

DBB gains 1 stack of momentum for 3 turns for each hit he does (multiple hits don't stack more) with his Omicron he gets an additional stack when used in TWs.

His Payout states that "all Momentum gains are doubled for the rest of the battle" - is this doubling the 2 to 4, or the 1 to 2 (effectively making it only 3 gained per move)

Edited to add: I read it as doubling the 2 to 4, but I wanted to clarify before I begin planning out squads and clocking them etc. as it's going to have a major impact on the flow.

Replies

• Please don’t tell me DBB means Dad Bod Boba
  • RTS
    682 posts Member
    HandSolo93 wrote: »
    Please don’t tell me DBB means Dad Bod Boba

100%
  • SOJ also gains momentum each time he critically hits, which means his aoe can supply a large amount of momentum, same for his other double-quadruple tap abilities.
  • RTS
    682 posts Member
    mesa176750 wrote: »
    SOJ also gains momentum each time he critically hits, which means his aoe can supply a large amount of momentum, same for his other double-quadruple tap abilities.

Whoaaaa I missed that piece - good callout, that might actually negate the question if he's running enough crit chance.
  • RTS wrote: »
    SOJ also gains momentum each time he critically hits, which means his aoe can supply a large amount of momentum, same for his other double-quadruple tap abilities.

Whoaaaa I missed that piece - good callout, that might actually negate the question if he's running enough crit chance.

Also to add to that, calls to assist from greef, bossk, or og mando will also add to the momentum gains.
  • RTS
    682 posts Member
    edited November 2021
    RTS wrote: »

Also to add to that, calls to assist from greef, bossk, or og mando will also add to the momentum gains.

Yep - going to be looking at Crit Chance for him for sure - I think with a Fennec, Greef, Bossk (for taunting purposes purely) and Mando team you're looking at some serious Momentum gains, and can get the contract done in the opening wave of moves - then his crits will give 4 stacks of momentum and by his 2nd (maybe 3rd?) turn you're at 16 stacks, Mando has nuked someone, and Doba can now ignore taunt and start disabling protection.
  • Dad Bod Boba.

Can’t you type character correctly?
  • RTS wrote: »

You didn’t miss it, it’s just… not in the kit reveal at all. Did find it on swgoh.gg though. It’s his Zeta.

Also, Dual Barrage gives 1 more momentum stack if the target has Armor Shred. Still less than his AoE with Crits, but makes it more comparable.
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    Dad Bod Boba.

Can’t you type character correctly?

Doesn't matter, DBB is terrible.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH