[MEGA] State of the Galaxy: November 2021

Replies

• Pure bcrap CG!

1. So now instead of battling my shard who started at the same time, I now have to place against everyone who’s been playing for 5 years! How will I ever get same payout as I could in my top 20!
    2. Please tell me this does not affect fleet arena!
    3. What happens during the downtime between GAC event we don’t get any daily crystals now?

Just fire your idea department already!
  • Surely matchmaking will account for GP somehow? Otherwise 1M accounts will be up against 9M accounts just because they have a similar win rate...
  • I hate GAC. I think this is the most terrible game mode in this game. If you just added or improved the rewards in this mode: players who have free time or they just run into this mode - would say thank you. But removing crystals from awards in the walking arena is just terrible. You just made another reason to leave this game, especially for those who were in doubt until that moment, and now they will be sure.
  • Surely matchmaking will account for GP somehow? Otherwise 1M accounts will be up against 9M accounts just because they have a similar win rate...

They won't, because they will get thresholded after they manage to climb for a bit...not in a hardcoded way but with mere token of what's possible to do with so much gp.

1M accounts will lose to 2M accounts well before they reach 9M.
  • This is total garbage! GAC is boring and repetitive. Why are you ruining your game?!
  • jessej
    16 posts Member
    edited November 2021
    If anyone else pulled this and the community was in outrage like it is, they'd actually LISTEN and realise this isn't needed or wanted! @CG_SBCrumb_MINI @CG_Doja_Fett_MINI STOP.
  • Arena crystals has been a staple for six years now. The arena has been the life blood of the GD game. This is a kick to the nuts of free to play and an obvious last effort to milk the whales for another year until they release their next new game. I am glad I am leaving angry and not like a fart in the wind. Bye CG…
  • IronCross wrote: »
    So that means I can tank/sandbag for a few weeks in GAC and then wreck people 2-3 million less in GP later? Great move CG…

And then you'll start getting tougher match-ups. It's a ladder system so that sort of move would only have a very short-term benefit, at most...probably not enough to offset the crystals you'd be losing out when tanking.
    BeralCator wrote: »
    I don't understand this +10 points for your first attack. Why?

The way it reads suggests it is for both players, which seems pointless (both players just get a free 10 points unless they don't attack at all).

It's to require people to do something. You need a minimum of 10 banners each round to get any rewards for that round and there are no more banners for setting defense. So the first attack of the round gets you the 10 banners you need to qualify for rewards for that round if you're not otherwise playing.
    ooloo wrote: »
    The game is turning into busy work minus the fun. The community keeps yelling at CG which has proven tone deaf.

Only if you were one of the people who sits out GAC. This will be less time for me as I'll no longer need to run 5-7 Squad Arena battles a day and I won't need to keep up with a shard chat for Squad Arena or deal with running any battles throughout the day to keep from dropping down too far. Squad Arena was nothing but mindless busy work running the same battles over and over...nothing fun at all about Squad Arena.
  • jessej wrote: »
    If anyone else pulled this and the community was in outrage like it is, they'd actually LISTEN and realise this isn't needed or wanted! @CG_SBCrumb_MINI @CG_Doja_Fett_MINI STOP.

This is actually right

My example was extreme, but my concern for the matchmaking still remains. Seems more sensible to retain the old GP divisions, and match based on win rate within those divisions.
  • This is total garbage! GAC is boring and repetitive. Why are you ruining your game?!

Oh, squad arena is so exciting and not repetitive :-D

This is great change and big QOL to playing, no need to climb at specific time through the same teams every day.

I am rotating top1 and top2 in squad arena but with score 8 wins and 4 loss in GAC i will earn more crystal on average from this new GAC than from arena.

For me its win win situation

• KryptoAcid wrote: »
    Arena crystals has been a staple for six years now. The arena has been the life blood of the GD game. This is a kick to the nuts of free to play and an obvious last effort to milk the whales for another year until they release their next new game. I am glad I am leaving angry and not like a fart in the wind. Bye CG…

This is a great take also.

My example was extreme, but my concern for the matchmaking still remains. Seems more sensible to retain the old GP divisions, and match based on win rate within those divisions.

I also think that's what should be done, but it means 12x more crystal payment for cg.
  • Nymleth wrote: »
    For the people complaining about the time they now need to spend in GAC, are you aware that you won't be spending that time in squad arena waiting for the timer to tick down during the hour leading up to your payout time?

I can knock out a full clear much quicker than that, and at any time of day that I choose.

We don't. Who the hell spends their time waiting for the cooldown to finish? I do that taking a break from work every few minutes. I spend 3-4 mins on average on 5 battles a day. That's 15-20 minutes on a single game mode a day, which is reasonable for a mobile game.

GAC on the other hands, it takes you at the minimum that same time just to scout your opponent. Then you have to plan on how to lay your defenses and prepare an offensive strategy considering your opponent roster. Then you have to set 15 or more defensive teams individually. Then you have to make 15 or more battles that last 3 to 5 minutes on average each.

See where I am going?

This is a mobile game, not full-time job. We don't want to spend all that much time in just single game mode, even more now that we are also forced to engage in TW and con-quest to keep up. The game is getting more and more time consuming, which is NOT healthy for a mobile game.

My squad arena is much more active than yours. I apparently scout GAC opponents faster. For me, this change will mean less time on game. And the time they're removing is mindless crap that I can't do on my schedule.
  • So…newer players that whaled on a gl to get crystals from arena and are now going to get bodied in gac and have almost zero crystal income…how do they get a refund? Asking for a friend.
  • I am 4M GP and taking #1 in Squad Arena every day. I'd really love it if someone could explain to me why my crystal income is going to be 177 lower every day, best case scenario. That's 64.6K crystals a year, minimum, possibly more than twice that.
  • @CG_LucifersDaddyMINI you have to actually work now, or business as usual except cheaters just get all the crystals they want?
  • CG = players cooperating in revolving payouts in arena chats are costing us revenue and bonuses… this must not be allowed
  • Remove 3v3 as having to do anypart of Grand Arena and then you'll have me. Anything else, and this is a horrid waste of time. Most of my Squad Arena shard is quitting after reading this.

And honestly, you aren't telling us what is moving you up and down here? Explain what moves you up and down divisions. You say it happens between rounds based on performance, but what is the metric on that?

I'll say it one more time, for the developers that are not listening. Get rid of 3v3. Literally no one will complain. No one. And you will make many people actually *happy*.
  • Ga takes a lot more time than squad arena. Im at a point where simply collecting characters is more fun than playing most areas of the game. I have some friends i really enjoy talking about the game with, but this might just be it for me. I dont play my ga, and this probably wont make me. It will just punish me heavily for ignoring it now. Ill wait and see, but my guess is this is the end for me. I just unlocked jml and i might be quitting before i get him to g13. Ive wasted the last almost year farming characters i dont even want or care about, just to likely quit before i can use them.
  • They don’t do anything about cheaters, my son has a 1 year old account and everyone in his shard has complained about an obvious cheater and he’s still there, a year later. You’re just gonna get more of that.
  • One wonders why? Squad arena is straightforward. Easy to play. This thing takes how many words to explain? Why do I want to invest time in this ? I just want to play.
  • Well, new warning system, but it’s a legitimate question. Cheaters have been unpunished since the beginning of the game. Has CG put any thought in how to deal with this? Because if not the Grogu’s and Angelica’s will just take as many crystals as they want.
  • What a horrible update, I dispise 3v3 GAC, I was getting 900 crystals a day, using them to refresh and get kyrotech gear... nope not anymore. Why don't they just come out and say it. If you don't spend as much money as possible you're not going to progress in the game. Freaking horrible!
  • So with no meta what is there to chase? Now I can collect at mu own pace and just play the game for free. How does this help CG?
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Some areas of concern:
    1) Mod locks. Currently, mods lock once you join Gac. However, there have been a large number of times when people joined by accident with TB or event mod setups. While it used to only affect your gac income and not crystal, that's now changing. Are we going to be allowed to leave/rejoin gac, similar to TW.
    2) Game crashes. Those are still incredibly common. While they don't impact you income from arena all that much, they could have a drastic impact on the GAC. For instance, a single crash causes a loss that prevents promotion to Kyber. The loss of crystals is now compounded.
    3) Cheaters/hackers. There are quit a number of them, some obviously brazen, and any recourse takes way too long, if it ever even happens. What are your plans in this area.
    4) Partial defensive zones. Without the penalty for not setting defensive teams, it may now be possible to win by just partially setting defense. How will new scoring be done against such defense.
  • I for one am 100% on board with all of this. End of shard chat mafias, end of having to climb at a certain time every single day and having to worry about hitting people in your shard. Hopefully arena becomes more of a sandbox now.

I do see how this could negatively impact people with those lean cookie cutter rosters BUT CG has made it pretty clear in the past they want to get away from that anyways so really shouldnt be a surprise to anyone.

Lets stop complaining about a game at the end of the day and see how these changes effect you once they are live before you make a decision to quit or not.
  • Grand arena is excellent and this is a good change.

I like many get 500 crystals per day from squad arena but its very tedious to have to be on at a specific time each day or you miss out.

This is just better.

Squad arena is infinitely more casual than gac, and you can change what time of day your payout is, so your complaints are all stupid. There is no way to make a competitive mode now with skill based matchmaking casual, and now if you actually want crystals you have to really spend your time there.
  • Well now…I guess those posts about that leak being debunked and nonsense have aged terribly lol.

All I can say is wow. This whole change revolves around their matchmaking working which, given recent types of changes, doesn’t bode well. It also is going to severely cripple F2P and earnings immediately. I’m curious when the Q&A rolls out what they’ve got to say about cheaters and sandbagging initially to get placed automatically at the bottom divisions to maximize crystals.

With these changes, does that mean we will finally get to have better UI with being able to change defenses once set while in the defense phase? Mod locks? Stat locks? So many unanswered questions still.

This is gonna be a wild ride the next several days lol. As Kyno said, “hold on to your butts!”