Shadow's of the Empire

Replies

• Xcien
    2436 posts Member
    Xcien wrote: »
    You do if you want to go above 3 stars for the extra rewards.

Extra rewards? The rewards are 3 Omnicrons. Why are you even worrying about a marquee, when you don’t even participate in arena?

Any why would I bother with the arena if I lose every time? What's the point?
    Just autoplay and ignore it

You could bother and get the crystals for a Dash Rendar shard pack, so you don’t have to whine about EA “forcing” players to spend on Dash.
    I've found this whole experience to be very enlightening.

Thank you for evaluating. Your feedback is appreciated.
  • Xcien
    2436 posts Member

Extra rewards? The rewards are 3 Omnicrons. Why are you even worrying about a marquee, when you don’t even participate in arena?

ea is forcing P2P. That's the point. Pay for this or miss out.

Of all the things EA is forcing players to spend on or miss out, I think missing out on 3 Omnicrons is the least of anyone’s concerns. I’ll say it one more time; nobody is “forcing” anyone to pay, it’s more of a bonus to the whales who were going to spend to 5* Dash anyways.

• Xcien wrote: »

Any why would I bother with the arena if I lose every time? What's the point?
    Just autoplay and ignore it
    Share your ally code and people could help you improve.
  • Xcien
    2436 posts Member

Of all the things EA is forcing players to spend on or miss out, I think missing out on 3 Omnicrons is the least of anyone’s concerns. I’ll say it one more time; nobody is “forcing” anyone to pay, it’s more of a bonus to the whales who were going to spend to 5* Dash anyways.

Not the way a lot of players feel about it. Many player feel they are being forced into paying by ea, which is exactly what it looks like.

I don’t know where you’ve heard this. What I’ve been hearing, both on the forums and in my guild, are players saying they don’t feel like they want to spend on it.

• UdalCuain
    4996 posts Member
    edited November 2021

I think you are missing something here.

The Legacy tier is a new thing to these marquees. You are still getting the exact same rewards as you will have done from every other marquee. Enough shards for a 3* character and a nice wee omega.

The Legacy tier is a cool little bonus for those players that financially support the game by investing in new characters straight out the gate. The number of players buying shards just to get a couple of Omnicrons will be tiny.
  • Xcien
    2436 posts Member
    UdalCuain wrote: »

The Legacy tier is a new thing to these marquees. You are still getting the exact same rewards as you will have done from every other marquee. Enough shards for a 3* character and a nice wee omega.

The Legacy tier is a cool little bonus for those players that financially support the game by investing in new characters straight out the gate. The number of players buying shards just to get a couple of Omnicrons will be tiny.

Thanks for getting the point. Reward the whales. Screw the rest. The new ea motto.

Why shouldn’t the whales be rewarded though? They’re the ones keeping this game running after all.

Thanks for getting the point. Reward the whales. Screw the rest. The new ea motto.

Why shouldn’t the whales be rewarded though? They’re the ones keeping this game running after all.

Put them in their own arena. They'll still have advantages and get rewarded and it will be fairer for those who are F2P

How will they have advantages?

People pay to get an advantage over those that don’t pay. If you put everyone that pays together, who are they gaining an advantage over?

Can you take off the troll suit and try and debate like an adult?

Put them in their own arena. They'll still have advantages and get rewarded and it will be fairer for those who are F2P

People pay to get an advantage over those that don’t pay. If you put everyone that pays together, who are they gaining an advantage over?

Because all those who pump money into this farce to make themselves feel like real men will just spend more. They'll still gain an advantage. It will just be fairer for the F2P players

Judging from the negativity here I'm starting to thing the whales don't like this idea.

I’m not a whale.

I don’t like debating with obvious trolls who are incapable of constructing an argument.

What advantage will they gain? Who will they gain an advantage over?

You keep spouting “they’ll still gain an advantage” but are not answering my questions.

Because all those who pump money into this farce to make themselves feel like real men will just spend more. They'll still gain an advantage. It will just be fairer for the F2P players

Judging from the negativity here I'm starting to thing the whales don't like this idea.

Pretty sure most whales don’t come onto the forum to try to subvert discussions started by people who can barely reach 1000 in arena.
    https://swgoh.gg/p/319514721/
    DISCLAIMER: Post is subject to change.
  • Xcien
    2436 posts Member

I’m a F2P, and always have been. I deal with whales in both arenas, yet I’m not complaining about it. How is throwing all the whales on a separate arena solving anything? Whales spend for an ADVANTAGE over those who don’t spend. Placing the whales together solves nothing, and I hope you realize that eventually.

• TVF
    36526 posts Member
    Can you please explain exactly how the AI is broken?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • ImaSmakya wrote: »
    ImaSmakya wrote: »

Pretty sure most whales don’t come onto the forum to try to subvert discussions started by people who can barely reach 1000 in arena.

Seems like I've touched a nerve

You got me, judging from my gg account I am clearly a whale.

I get the sense that even if they did this and siphoned off the true whales out of your shard and created their own separate shard, you would still be hard pressed to crack 950 given your admitted prowess in arena. The way you state your situation, even if the top 1000 where all ewoks, you still wouldn’t be able to climb.

part of the arena issue is how broken the AI is

I think I lose one battle every 3 or 4 days during my arena climbs and yet those same people I battle every day seem to have no trouble beating me during their arena climbs and we are all using the same 2 or 3 teams (mostly just one sadly). Beating the AI is not an issue for most people so I don’t understand how you think it is broken.
    https://swgoh.gg/p/319514721/
    DISCLAIMER: Post is subject to change.
  • Xcien
    2436 posts Member

I’m a F2P, and always have been. I deal with whales in both arenas, yet I’m not complaining about it. How is throwing all the whales on a separate arena solving anything? Whales spend for an ADVANTAGE over those who don’t spend. Placing the whales together solves nothing, and I hope you realize that eventually.

It would make a lot of players happier is the whales were elsewhere

It would make nobody happier, since the whales wouldn’t pay, and then you would have to pay to play this game.

• Xcien
    2436 posts Member

I get the sense that even if they did this and siphoned off the true whales out of your shard and created their own separate shard, you would still be hard pressed to crack 950 given your admitted prowess in arena. The way you state your situation, even if the top 1000 where all ewoks, you still wouldn’t be able to climb.

I think I lose one battle every 3 or 4 days during my arena climbs and yet those same people I battle every day seem to have no trouble beating me during their arena climbs and we are all using the same 2 or 3 teams (mostly just one sadly). Beating the AI is not an issue for most people so I don’t understand how you think it is broken.

They think it’s broken because they can’t win. It’s the “I can’t win, so the system is rigged” excuse again.

• Xcien
    2436 posts Member

They think it’s broken because they can’t win. It’s the “I can’t win, so the system is rigged” excuse again.

So when Old Ben got stunned and he got 1000% dodge that's me making an excuse? You couldn't hit him. He'd just get stunned and dodge till the clock ran out.

I took them 3 years to fix this cheat.

There’s tons of bugs in this game that still haven’t been fixed. But that doesn’t mean arena is rigged to let the AI win. It’s just that CG doesn’t care to fix them.

• Xcien
    2436 posts Member

So when Old Ben got stunned and he got 1000% dodge that's me making an excuse? You couldn't hit him. He'd just get stunned and dodge till the clock ran out.

I took them 3 years to fix this cheat.

There’s tons of bugs in this game that still haven’t been fixed. But that doesn’t mean arena is rigged to let the AI win. It’s just that CG doesn’t care to fix them.

And why would they? You can't encourage P2P if it's fair for the players.

It may surprise you, but the bugs affect paying players as well. (Or until CG offers a pack to get rid of the bugs.)