[MEGA] State of the Galaxy: November 2021

Replies

• Nadebotfm wrote: »
    I for one am 100% on board with all of this. End of shard chat mafias, end of having to climb at a certain time every single day and having to worry about hitting people in your shard. Hopefully arena becomes more of a sandbox now.

I do see how this could negatively impact people with those lean cookie cutter rosters BUT CG has made it pretty clear in the past they want to get away from that anyways so really shouldnt be a surprise to anyone.

Lets stop complaining about a game at the end of the day and see how these changes effect you once they are live before you make a decision to quit or not.

Personally, I'm apprehensive. Not 1 mention of how cheating is being addressed throughout that SotG post. Given that crystal income will now be almost entirely dependent on GAC performance, there is now a MASSIVE incentive to cheat and it wouldn't surprise me if cheating becomes rife.
  • Kshsedch wrote: »
    Perfect example for how CG team kills their own game.

They have no idea how unpopular GAC is.

Yeah, because squad arena is sooo much fun

Its quick and easy, unlike gac
  • Literally no one asked for this. All we wanted you to do was fix CONquest, and you couldn't even do that. I'm so tired of this **** game.
  • Why you are at it, why not just give people the option to insta kill an opponents team with a crystal option. That way you can really feed the whales and generate game revenue.
  • Overall I think I like it. Just a couple suggestions--
    1) Keep crystals in Squad Arena for at least the first two GACs. Yes, this will result in more people getting more crystals temporarily, but because it'll take a few GACs for our skill ratings to sort themselves out this'll make the changeover a lot smoother.

2) Maybe add a small box or something to Squad Arena. Because right now I barely participate and I'm getting crystals for it. Once crystals move all the way to GAC, I'll have no incentive to do more than jump in two battles, quit out both, and collect my daily task rewards.

3) Maybe shake up Squad Arena once crystals are removed. Make it fun again and reward roster diversity by doing themed months. Just a thought.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Oh and yes, for the record, I've been calling folks marks for listening to rumors, but the rumors turned out to have been broadly right. So I'm the mark after all. I'm not too proud to admit when I was wrong.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • As someone who only kept playing this game due to how engaging GAC is, this feels like an amazing change. Reading through all these comments I'm surprised to see how many players don't like GAC and I really don't get it. What is the point of playing this game for so long and develop so many teams if you get to only use one team for Squad Arena and it's the same boring battles against the same teams day by day? GAC encourages you to really build up a strategy and honestly this is the game mode where you get to test your entire roster not Conquest. The ladder system kind of reminds me of Star Wars Force Arena which I enjoyed so much playing.

How is force arena going?
  • So now we need to spen a lot more time and get less rewards. Just like last conquest, a month of 3v3 that’s never was fun now becoming your main source of income.

They could have just made changes to GAC but their goal is to lower our income at the same time as they make more characters crystal exclusive. Everything is about promoting whales the rest of us should stop playing
    If We chooses to play our sole purpose is to act as cannon fodder for the only ones CG cares about the whales.
  • Gac sucks
  • As a FYI... major game reworks like this means any purchases towards that GL for arena can likely be refunded by Apple... open the request and provide the "Road Ahead" post to show the change after you spent the money and Apple almost always approves the refunds when developers do this
  • Lol. Wow. What are the devs doing??? Are they trying to completely shut the game down for good?

Maybe it's because I'm super busy in real life now, but I don't have time to read all these spreadsheets for a mobile game on that long post.

Long story short....I HATE GAC. And now for me to get crystals I HAVE to complete in it??

It just amazes me at how inept CG is.
  • NicWester wrote: »
    Oh and yes, for the record, I've been calling folks marks for listening to rumors, but the rumors turned out to have been broadly right. So I'm the mark after all. I'm not too proud to admit when I was wrong.

People have been predicting this for years. Someone was bound to get it right eventually.
  • Xcien
    2436 posts Member
    This is terrible. Not only has CG removed crystals from Squad Arena, but now you’re forced to do GAC to still gain a good number of crystals.

Wasn’t ruining Conquest enough for you CG?
    I've found this whole experience to be very enlightening.

Thank you for evaluating. Your feedback is appreciated.
  • I don't care if you want to ban me I've played since the beginning of launch and spent roughly 25 thousand dollars on this game first you guys ruined tw and now arena. All you guys are doing is trying to make a the long term players quit because there's obviously more money from the new players who haven't spent 20k yet
  • Someone explain to me how anyone under 6mil gp will ever make it into kyber now! Last gac I was 1000 banners short of kyber and looking forward to actually making it into kyber for next gac but I guess that is now completely out the window?

If I read correctly you don’t have divisions anymore each with their own carbonite through kyber levels but it is now 1 huge pool with better matchmaking??? How is this fair for lower GP rosters still building.

Who do you think needs more crystals/gear someone with 9mil GP and 2 toons to gear up; or someone with a couple mil GP who needs to still level/gear 20 toons just for a GL!!!!!!!
  • Serious question, since there’s no way I will be at the Q&A -

Right now, there is a 24 hour join period for each monthly GAC where logging automatically enters a player into the GAC shell and their division and initial rank is assigned.

Then there is the manual join period each week for each GA event.

What happens if a player misses one or more of these - for worst case, let’s say they are in the hospital or have exams (or they just have other life obligations) on the monthly auto-join day.

Do they lose all squad based crystal income?
  • @Kyno @CG_SBCrumb_MINI @CG_Doja_Fett_MINI

Few questions

1) how many players are in kyber 1 or any other league/division? This is important for knowing where the demotion/relegation line will be.

2) if you forget to join a week of gac will you still get daily rewards? If no may I suggest an auto join where rosters lock as the join period ends. You should still have a join period for those who wish to mess with mods for gac, but you should no longer be able to miss a week.

3) as brought up by someone else, what happens if my opponent sets only one character on defense? Do I only get one point or do I get a full five points? Same in fleet, but also the added scenario where I defeat an opponent before they call in all reinforcements or what if they only have a 5* 6* cap ship.

4) For the week in between season, are the daily rewards based on before or after any promotions/demotions earned?

5) can you please go into rankings in far greater detail. To me, there doesn’t seem to be a point to them as gp is setting us in our initially league/division and then a promotion/demotion system is in place upon results over a season. A ranking doesn’t seem to be needed.
  • Please remove the join feature and make it auto join. No more post about people claiming to have joined then not being able to participate and losing out on crystal income
  • Decicrim wrote: »
    Someone explain to me how anyone under 6mil gp will ever make it into kyber now! Last gac I was 1000 banners short of kyber and looking forward to actually making it into kyber for next gac but I guess that is now completely out the window?

If I read correctly you don’t have divisions anymore each with their own carbonite through kyber levels but it is now 1 huge pool with better matchmaking??? How is this fair for lower GP rosters still building.

Who do you think needs more crystals/gear someone with 9mil GP and 2 toons to gear up; or someone with a couple mil GP who needs to still level/gear 20 toons just for a GL!!!!!!!

Spend more
  • Taliana wrote: »
    Serious question, since there’s no way I will be at the Q&A -

Right now, there is a 24 hour join period for each monthly GAC where logging automatically enters a player into the GAC shell and their division and initial rank is assigned.

Then there is the manual join period each week for each GA event.

What happens if a player misses one or more of these - for worst case, let’s say they are in the hospital or have exams (or they just have other life obligations) on the monthly auto-join day.

Do they lose all squad based crystal income?

Join's are weekly. You can opt in/out for any week.
  • BEST UPDATE EVER! I hate squad arena so much.
    Squad arena is a hour of my life i'll never have to waste again fighting mirror matches everyday.
    Now we get to actually play the game and get rewarded for it!
    My only regret is they didn't throw Fleet arena in with this update. Why do we need to waste endless 10 minute intervals of our lives fighting mirror matches endlessly every day?
  • Xcien
    2436 posts Member
    Someone explain to me how anyone under 6mil gp will ever make it into kyber now! Last gac I was 1000 banners short of kyber and looking forward to actually making it into kyber for next gac but I guess that is now completely out the window?

Same. I was roughly 150 banners away from Kyber, and was planning to make it into Kyber next GAC. Looks like that won’t be happening.

• Frankto wrote: »
    I am 4M GP and taking #1 in Squad Arena every day. I'd really love it if someone could explain to me why my crystal income is going to be 177 lower every day, best case scenario. That's 64.6K crystals a year, minimum, possibly more than twice that.

You should look again, you are going to be way worse than 177 lower if you are getting 500.

Closer to 255 lower per day.
  • MaruMaru wrote: »

Join's are weekly. You can opt in/out for any week.

Not true. There are 2 separate types of join - one for GAC, and one for GA. GAC join (that unlocks your table) is monthly - we tested it by having someone log in who had an idle account, they were not placed in a division and had no GAC table. It happens passively when you log in during the appropriate 24 hour period, before the first manual join.

The weekly joins are manual, where you actively click to join the weekly event (as long as you don’t get distracted and miss the deadline).
  • Don't mind many of the changes, but not having GP based divisions is a big oversight/fail. Ones squad arena was with people who played the same amount of time generally, so only way to be heavily outclassed was by a whale, which is fine. Now only big GP accounts will be in the top payouts, doesn't matter how good a player at 5m GP is, they can forget about ever making kyber. Bring back divisions, then you can keep all the payout levels as stated.
  • Amazing to me that despite the overwhelmingly negative response to the crystal change that CG isn’t smart enough to rethink. It seems that at every turn, CG finds a way to completely screw over the players. It’s if they don’t play or care about the players.
  • Xcien
    2436 posts Member
    Please read what is happening first before jumping to conclusions. CG claims they’re going to fix GAC matchmaking now.

• GJO
    172 posts Member
    To be clear.... you'll have ship arena (which is far less important than squad) AND for getting the old crystals from squad you'll need ships as well?
    Is GAlaxy of Ships the name of the game?