[MEGA] State of the Galaxy: November 2021

Replies

• Spacer wrote: »

The way I see it, this along with the nerf seems like a great way to set the groundwork for introducing an upgrade to the existing HDB bundle, with relic ready toons that will allow you to compete in the higher tiers of GAC. Time will tell if these changes are enough to make me quit the game, but it's definitely going to diminish my experience in the long term.

All for the amazing low price of 999.99 🤮🤧
  • ShaggyB wrote: »
    LordDirt wrote: »
    Nope, they are pushing everyone to play a game mode most dont care for. Will see if it blows up in their face or not.

You have presented no evidence of that and presupposed CG hasn't made and evidence-based decision to the contrary.

Guess we can take a poll but as you can see by all the angry people in here we know which way it will lean.

Genuine question, why don't you like GAC?

At my level (5.6mil, one GL and working on a second), I find I'm matched up pretty well, I've won and lost some matches by less than 10.

Let me know how you like it when you have 6 gl and your opponent has 6 gl.

If you put your 6 on defense and they put all 6 of theirs on D.... you wont be beating them with anything else as cg nerfed all the good counters.

Comes down to beating the non gl teams, and you wont be taking a zone and moving to the next one.

No fun to be had.

8.2 mil gp.

Not worth my time in its current state. Changes while sounding nice dont really change the underlining problem with it at higher gp.

With the nerfs, that's exactly the same choice that everyone with GL's has, set them on defence and risk not clearing if they also set theirs or use them in attack and have fun.
  • SiuanPamic wrote: »
    ShaggyB wrote: »
    SiuanPamic wrote: »
    @SiuanPamic
    I think skill is more important than wallet and I’m not FTP

What are you even talking about? No one mentioned wallets (or even money) except you.

The only people who stand to lose daily crystals are the ones who have no skill.

So false its laughable.

Again, new players who get there first gl... heck maybe they whaled on it and got GL kenobi and CAT.

They can now get 500 from squad arena as they can beat luke, kylo, see, rey and lv.

But they only have the 1 gl team thats designed to get them that 500.... in gac, they wont have the gp or the depth of roster to get 500 a day will they.

If they faced me for example, id set my gl teams down and theyd be able to take 1.... maybe.... and then id walk over their low gp roster.

So CG wont put them in where i am, as thats not fair to their gp.... but if they only have the one gl team and it can get 1st in arena, it wont get them to kyber tiers and the 500 a day payouts

Chasing the top teams with the wallet and outperforming in SA with the best of the best is not false. Not to mention the people who regulate SA for themselves or friends. This change removes that ability.

So you dont like the shard chats on discord... that doesnt mean that the scenario i listed isnt true.

I see a guy climb every day with only gl kenobi, cat, gas, ahsoka and general kenobi.... and thats his/her only gl.

That person has skill to win those battles, has either whaled or maybe did it f2p (dont know them personally) and this change will slap them in the face and take their 500 crystal payout in favor of giving them a lower gp ranking in gac, where they will not be climbing to kyber as they lack the rest of the gl and roster depth needed.

They will be losing a large amount of crystals.... so yes your ststement is false. They have skill, they have a solid payout of crustals and they now are doomed

Possibly. I believe they are a minority though. I agree you’re statement has validity, but you cannot say I’m completely wrong. There are plenty of people holding crystals in SA hostage.

But thats not what you said.
    You said:
    The only people who stand to lose daily crystals are the ones who have no skill.

And thats false.

We even have a person up there saying they fall into the example i stated. They have skill but the gp and lack of all the gl will put them in position to get much less crystals than currently.
  • MaruMaru wrote: »
    Nope, they are pushing everyone to play a game mode most dont care for. Will see if it blows up in their face or not.

You have presented no evidence of that and presupposed CG hasn't made and evidence-based decision to the contrary.

Guess we can take a poll but as you can see by all the angry people in here we know which way it will lean.

At my level (5.6mil, one GL and working on a second), I find I'm matched up pretty well, I've won and lost some matches by less than 10.

If you put your 6 on defense and they put all 6 of theirs on D.... you wont be beating them with anything else as cg nerfed all the good counters.

Comes down to beating the non gl teams, and you wont be taking a zone and moving to the next one.

No fun to be had.

8.2 mil gp.

Not worth my time in its current state. Changes while sounding nice dont really change the underlining problem with it at higher gp.

Are you actually playing gac? I've yet to see an occasion where people put down all their gls...instead the one they throw in the towel and to **** off their opponent. In competetive matches this simply doesn't happen.

I put three GLs up top, three GLs on the bottom every time.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • LordDirt wrote: »
    MaruMaru wrote: »

No fun to be had.

8.2 mil gp.

Are you actually playing gac? I've yet to see an occasion where people put down all their gls...instead the one they throw in the towel and to **** off their opponent. In competetive matches this simply doesn't happen.

Same question then, are you playing gac competetively or is it as I described? When any of my opponents do this, I %100 win and I also lose many points in that win.
  • xGriiMErZ wrote: »
    So whens the phase 2 gear crunch ease happening? Or did you forget about that?

Oh, you didn't see it coming? Fix the stun guns and stuff but require 500 kyros on every new character. You should have known better than to think they would stop squeezing...

No fun to be had.

8.2 mil gp.

Same question then, are you playing gac competetively or is it as I described? When any of my opponents do this, I %100 win and I also lose many points in that win.

What do you mean by playing? I set my defense. I have won many rounds by doing so as they usually cant get through any of my defensive walls. I just need to win a few attacks. Boring
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?

I just find it a bore. Been playing since the beginning, have 8 million GP, all GLs but just cant be bothered by GA. I like all the other game modes but I just set my GLs , three up top and three down below and maybe attack once or twice and I am done. Just boring to me.

Each to their own, I find squad arena a bore because it's the same battle over and over again. I know that in GAC I come up against similar defences, but different people have different mods and relics that mix it up a bit. I also like the challenge of figuring out how to use my roster to beat theirs, although I'm guessing this is a bit different at your level when you have all the toys
  • ShaggyB wrote: »
    @SiuanPamic

What are you even talking about? No one mentioned wallets (or even money) except you.

So false its laughable.

Again, new players who get there first gl... heck maybe they whaled on it and got GL kenobi and CAT.

They can now get 500 from squad arena as they can beat luke, kylo, see, rey and lv.

But they only have the 1 gl team thats designed to get them that 500.... in gac, they wont have the gp or the depth of roster to get 500 a day will they.

If they faced me for example, id set my gl teams down and theyd be able to take 1.... maybe.... and then id walk over their low gp roster.

So CG wont put them in where i am, as thats not fair to their gp.... but if they only have the one gl team and it can get 1st in arena, it wont get them to kyber tiers and the 500 a day payouts

Chasing the top teams with the wallet and outperforming in SA with the best of the best is not false. Not to mention the people who regulate SA for themselves or friends. This change removes that ability.

So you dont like the shard chats on discord... that doesnt mean that the scenario i listed isnt true.

I see a guy climb every day with only gl kenobi, cat, gas, ahsoka and general kenobi.... and thats his/her only gl.

That person has skill to win those battles, has either whaled or maybe did it f2p (dont know them personally) and this change will slap them in the face and take their 500 crystal payout in favor of giving them a lower gp ranking in gac, where they will not be climbing to kyber as they lack the rest of the gl and roster depth needed.

They will be losing a large amount of crystals.... so yes your ststement is false. They have skill, they have a solid payout of crustals and they now are doomed

Possibly. I believe they are a minority though. I agree you’re statement has validity, but you cannot say I’m completely wrong. There are plenty of people holding crystals in SA hostage.

You said:

And thats false.

We even have a person up there saying they fall into the example i stated. They have skill but the gp and lack of all the gl will put them in position to get much less crystals than currently.

I’m going to gain and I consider myself skilled, so my statement is true for my reality lol

I just find it a bore. Been playing since the beginning, have 8 million GP, all GLs but just cant be bothered by GA. I like all the other game modes but I just set my GLs , three up top and three down below and maybe attack once or twice and I am done. Just boring to me.

Each to their own, I find squad arena a bore because it's the same battle over and over again. I know that in GAC I come up against similar defences, but different people have different mods and relics that mix it up a bit. I also like the challenge of figuring out how to use my roster to beat theirs, although I'm guessing this is a bit different at your level when you have all the toys

GLs mess up GA and CG taking away non GL counters messes it up even more.
    @SiuanPamic

You completely ignored what I actually said. Nice job. Well at least now I know replying to you isn't fruitful.

Removing crystals from SA is an attack on whales. I didn’t realize I had to spell that out.

If you’ve studied the changes you’d have seen that these changes don’t harm whales at all. Whales will see an increase in crystals. All players under 5 million gp will see a decrease and most between 5-6 will see a decrease.

No fun to be had.

8.2 mil gp.

What do you mean by playing? I set my defense. I have won many rounds by doing so as they usually cant get through any of my defensive walls. I just need to win a few attacks. Boring

Ok, my verdict is you are not a competetive gac player but simply play it casually. You can ask any player that you know that fully plays gac what are they doing with their gls.

Anyways, due to this change you might be losing some crystals, but maybe not. Check those tables, you start -by far- in the uppermost league. With this play style you'll fall a bit, but prolly not by much as long as you do an initial fight simply to register yourself in the system. I don't think with 6 gls you can possibly fall as far as to end up getting matched with 5m players who will be earning 340 crystals/day on average.

GLs mess up GA and CG taking away non GL counters messes it up even more.

Wow, what a coincidence that so many problems can be traced back to the great nerf.
  • Cg literally had a mint to print money (Thanks to a Star Wars license) and instead of providing more content that the players want, they make a decision to alienate a frustrated player base further.
  • Drathuk916 wrote: »
    @SiuanPamic

You completely ignored what I actually said. Nice job. Well at least now I know replying to you isn't fruitful.

Removing crystals from SA is an attack on whales. I didn’t realize I had to spell that out.

If you’ve studied the changes you’d have seen that these changes don’t harm whales at all. Whales will see an increase in crystals. All players under 5 million gp will see a decrease and most between 5-6 will see a decrease.

Time will tell. My shard sucks and I am not a fan of solo content. I like this change though. Hopefully it pans out. Even if I lose, I stand to gain.
  • Geshtianna
    240 posts Member
    edited November 2021
    To have crystals be at the mercy of poor matchmaking (hasn't been fixed yet), disconnects, crashes, "client must be restarted", poorly-balanced game mode (3v3), the decisions of other people (auto deploys), and just randomness (speed ties, misses, resists). What fun.
  • Geshtianna wrote: »
    To have crystals be at the mercy of poor matchmaking (hasn't been fixed yet), disconnects, crashes, "client must be restarted", the decisions of other people (auto deploys), and just randomness (speed ties, misses, resists). What fun.

The first block of the post was about MM changes. What would you consider to be "fixed"?

No fun to be had.

8.2 mil gp.

Ok, my verdict is you are not a competetive gac player but simply play it casually. You can ask any player that you know that fully plays gac what are they doing with their gls.

Anyways, due to this change you might be losing some crystals, but maybe not. Check those tables, you start -by far- in the uppermost league. With this play style you'll fall a bit, but prolly not by much as long as you do an initial fight simply to register yourself in the system. I don't think with 6 gls you can possibly fall as far as to end up getting matched with 5m players who will be earning 340 crystals/day on average.

It's a definite loss of crystals for those with a steady income of 500 daily. It's not sustainable, and it's never a good thing to do more work for the same rewards (5 battles vs 11+2).
  • Decicrim
    223 posts Member
    edited November 2021
    @CG_SBCrumb_MINI @CG_Doja_Fett_MINI
    For the dec 2nd q&a do a live video stream with real-time comments/questions, a forum q&a sounds like a cop out to not address questions/concern adequately. Too many forum feedback/post get response just sweeping them under the rug, like they were never mentioned.

Plus I’m sure a lot of people would love to see your pretty face cringe and squirm as you try and justify this bad change!

You really want to make your community not mutiny, Keep the SA payouts, just add crystal to GAC, give me incentive to love playing both!

SA I have option to play or not each day with each day being independent and a chance to change rewards.
    GAC I am stuck with whatever daily reward for 6 days until next event starts

SA and FA were my incentive to login and play for a hour each day. To do some battles. Now for GAC incentive:-
    Setup day - zero incentive I login to get 0 banners and click set 5 times, wow really fun!
    Attack day - equal 4/5 days worth of SA fights in 1 day, I must spend hours
    Review day - zero incentive, I login to do nothing but farm nodes, Whoopi the funnest!

So instead of crystals based on effort each day, it now all rides on how well you do on 1 of the 4/5 days.

At this point any loyal user base you have established over the last 5 years are not just being pushed away from swgoh, but CG, you really think people will want to try any CG product going forward. Even if I saw a really cool game that I wanted to play if I saw CG was maker I wouldn’t even download today!
    Post edited by Kyno on
  • It took a while, but GLs finally killed the game.

I mean, we all get that GLs are why they're doing this, right? Squad Arena still has people (including me) taking first place with JML. LV clearly didn't drive enough spending. The power-creep-in-Squad-Arena engine to drive spending is barely puttering along. But in conjunction with the nerfs to GL counters, Grand Arena can still drive whales to need to purchase every new big powerhouse, to stay competitive with each other.

As for killing the game? Well, changing the main crystal-producing activity from one with a daily tempo to one with a weekly/monthly tempo is going to cost far more players, in the long run, than the mass exodus this announcement is causing; people who miss the GAC join period will have little incentive to log in during that week of GAC, and once you've gone a week without logging in it's very easy to just stop logging in altogether. In other words: Squad Arena is habit-forming, and GAC is not. The long-term damage this change will do to the size of the playerbase is going to be tremendous.

Of course, that's another, subtler benefit (from CG's perspective) of the shift to GAC over squad arena - the more this game becomes a ghost town, the more the long-term active players are clustered at the top of their otherwise-dead Arena shards, getting too big a crystal payout, too easily. GAC divisions, however, are dynamic and constantly resetting; you'll always, always be up against active opponents (or at least, people who were active enough to click "join" in the GAC period), no matter how few other players there are. Someday, when it's down to the last few hundred active players, those players will still have to put in work and fight each other for those GAC rewards, whereas by then most of them would be alone in an arena shard, sitting atop a mountain of no-longer-actives. Make no mistake: this is partly CG preparing for the end.
  • What a terrible decision. Matchmaking based on raw GP with no accounting for GLs? That puts me in the worst possible position. This game has really stopped being fun.
  • Solid_PR
    43 posts Member
    edited November 2021
    The very and only reason I have never stopped playing everyday since January 8th 2016* was because I saw the potential in investing my time in this game because of the crystals rewarded in squad arena. If you remove them, I will no longer have a reason to continue playing this game with a 8m gp account. I have always played every day for rank 1st rewards since February or March 2016. And instead of feeling rewarded for such a long streak of climbing every day. You remove the source of me able to play this game. You can if you want add crystals to grand arena, but I forbid you to take away from Squad Arena. Im not asking, as a 6 year old every day active player I demand you keep squad arena crystals. If you dont, I simply will interpret it as a disrespect in my face for my loyalty and will for good leave this game.
    Post edited by Solid_PR on
  • when I first began playing this game, I thought there were generosity from the design of the crystal payout. I truly believed it was of good heart and intention to be able to reward a daily constant income for those dedicated loyal players. From day one that I discovered Squad Arena, I calculated the longevity of the game solely based on that generous design. So I made my investment in buying crystals to upgrade my acct from low lvl so I could climb arena. Back in the day it was Darth Sidious lead or Capt Phasma, with Jedi Consular or Luminara as healer. Rey scav as damage dealer along with geo soldier and Quigon Jin. There were different variants, from using storm trooper han, Royal guard. Then came dooku evasion meta. And the first time there was a pay to win paywall was B2 super battle droid with the aoe dispell. Since having a taunt tank was a most to protect your damage dealers. Then came Baze and Chirrut with biggs wedge update and the rest was history.
  • Currently I'm mixed when it comes to the changes. It will be nice to not have to climb in arena at a certain time. (Though with the jmk mirrors it is a far better climb than it's been in awhile).

But even at 6.5 mil gp, I am concerned that while I will start in kyber, that there will be 9 mil gp accounts dropping into my league soon enough making it impossible to win. It doesn't matter how skilled you are if you are matched against someone with a ton o maxed teams when you don't have them all maxed.

• Spending hours for GAC attack day? Man, some have never even played the game mode....
    @SiuanPamic

Do me a favor go to all whale's that you know and look at their .gg profile and tell me if the avg payout for them is above 5. A good majority of spenders don't want the daily grind at a specific time and they buy. Now this is like anything there are exceptions to the rule but most whales spend to avoid the timesink. Squad arena is a time sink.
  • at this point I would only expect a veteran pension of receiving at least 400 crystals every day for playing game regardless if I play squad arena or not... I feel I deserve better. I wont fall for deceitful tactics of making me earn "enough" in GAC when I can live peacefully in my squad arena shard. Eventually more subtle changes will come and I wont be able to compete for the same amount of rewards thus sink slowly and surely behind.
    @SiuanPamic

So false its laughable.

You said:

And thats false.

I’m going to gain and I consider myself skilled, so my statement is true for my reality lol

Doesnt matter...

When you say the only people who will lose the crystals lack skill, you are simply wrong.

You stated an absolute and its false, just because it works for you and some others doesnt make it an absolute.

Problem is this will cause several people to lose crystals. Thats just a fact, some will lose crystals... some it will be close to the same... or the same and others may have more.

It sucks for those getting less especially if they invested money into getting the ability to get that 500 daily