[MEGA] State of the Galaxy: November 2021

Replies

• CCyrilS wrote: »
    Solid_PR wrote: »
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    Solid_PR wrote: »
    at this point I would only expect a veteran pension of receiving at least 400 crystals every day for playing game regardless if I play squad arena or not... I feel I deserve better. I wont fall for deceitful tactics of making me earn "enough" in GAC when I can live peacefully in my squad arena shard. Eventually more subtle changes will come and I wont be able to compete for the same amount of rewards thus sink slowly and surely behind.

Behind what? Who are you comparing yourself to?

elaborate on your question, what do you mean?

You say you'll sink and fall behind... who are you going to fall behind? Who are you measuring yourself against?

every player that spends frequently in game to stay ahead. For years I have been floating surviving every meta shift from a combination of good planed management/administration to skill and dedication. I have kept up with paywalls, have survived meta changes in arena while always being behind as an underdog against all heavy spenders. Yes as a f2p, hate or love free players. I spend what was needed to be spend. Some 300$ total, most at start to level up faster so I could compete in squad Arena when game started. And bought the 100$ hyper drive bundle as a "Thank You CG" for the years of f2p and a "I believe in you CG". (which I did it mostly for character shards but It didnt gave them too me, they just offered characters but gave no shards if you had them 7 stars, then I regreted I bought hyper drive bundle and lost hope and belief in CG after I thought they cared a little for me lol.)
  • Vitalii wrote: »
    It looks like that with these changes if I put no defence and then make a full clear I will get a win. Even if I will not win several battles from the first attempt. Ratio is easy:
    1. I will get first attack, as my opponent will not face squads on my side of the field
    2. I will get points got defeating units on his side of the field and my opponent will not

If you are not placind defences your best characters will be placed in order of the power there as autodeploy..

That is only thing what a bit ruins this CAG as if you have 6 GLs they are all put there in defence, and then its not fun for the opponent.. maybe CG could use different autodeploy mechanics, that those characters are pure rng or something else what wont punish for players who like to play.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Eibon1976 wrote: »
    Vitalii wrote: »
    It looks like that with these changes if I put no defence and then make a full clear I will get a win. Even if I will not win several battles from the first attempt. Ratio is easy:
    1. I will get first attack, as my opponent will not face squads on my side of the field
    2. I will get points got defeating units on his side of the field and my opponent will not

If you are not placind defences your best characters will be placed in order of the power there as autodeploy..

That is only thing what a bit ruins this CAG as if you have 6 GLs they are all put there in defence, and then its not fun for the opponent.. maybe CG could use different autodeploy mechanics, that those characters are pure rng or something else what wont punish for players who like to play.

Then it seems that placing one team is the way, that should turn off the autodeploy.
  • Starslayer
    2413 posts Member
    edited November 2021
    SiuanPamic wrote: »
    @SiuanPamic
    The only people who stand to lose daily crystals are the ones who have no skill.

You completely ignored what I actually said. Nice job. Well at least now I know replying to you isn't fruitful.

Removing crystals from SA is an attack on whales. I didn’t realize I had to spell that out.

So it's not cheaper to relic up the meta team to reach top of Arena rather than relic the meta + 21 more teams to reach top of GAC ? Yep, please spell it out, I don't get it.
  • gwhrkk
    8 posts Member
    edited November 2021
    Just wanted to say that I really like these changes. GAC is by far the best game mode and spending 2 hours on boring arenas every day is kind of frustrating.

Very good move CG!
  • Oh, guys, come on
    Instead of playing 1h at fixed time doing same thing
    You can play once two days 1h (any time) doing something way more exciting
    Keeping more or less similar income

This.

Arena 5 battles/day = 35 / week.
    New gac depending on division roughly 10 x 3 battles / week = 30.

There really is no time sink.
    If arena rewards will be as bad as it seems there is no reason to do arena. So there will be less battles on average.

The ability to do the battles any time it suits me best is huge QOL. Thanks CG.

where did you learn math? :joy: 5 battles a day, each lasts 3 minutes - but **on auto** atm. so i have to play manually 30 seconds a day. makes 3,5 minutes a week.
  • MasterSeedy
    4992 posts Member
    edited November 2021
    They will literally give away a much more crystal than now, its all written in their post. Try use math ;-)

This is yet to be seen, since you are auto-enrolled in Squad Arena and get some sort of reward for your rank whether you play SA that day or not, since even if you didn't play you still have a rank.

HOWEVER... If you don't log in on the day that your week-long GAC round starts, you get nothing for 8 days. On top of that, you have to achieve a minimum number of banners each day or you get NOTHING that day. They actually say that. It's something you could read.

This means that the total crystals given out might be less or more, depending on how common it is to take a day off, and thus lose rewards at least from that day, if not for a full 8 days.

Do you have the stats on how common it is to take a day off? No? Try using math. WHOOPS, NO DATA AVAILABLE.

Can't do the operations when you don't have the operands. Of course you could still be snarky and overconfident. That always works.
  • Gascharack wrote: »
    Oh, guys, come on
    Instead of playing 1h at fixed time doing same thing
    You can play once two days 1h (any time) doing something way more exciting
    Keeping more or less similar income

This.

Arena 5 battles/day = 35 / week.
    New gac depending on division roughly 10 x 3 battles / week = 30.

There really is no time sink.
    If arena rewards will be as bad as it seems there is no reason to do arena. So there will be less battles on average.

The ability to do the battles any time it suits me best is huge QOL. Thanks CG.

where did you learn math? :joy: 5 battles a day, each lasts 3 minutes - but **on auto** atm. so i have to play manually 30 seconds a day. makes 3,5 minutes a week.

Actual play time is not the problem. The pain is the climbing at a fixed hour and waiting for CD to go for the next one. I have my PO at 9am in the morning. That is the only time slot I can guarantee playtime without interfering with my work and family obligations. Still it is a pain to keep doing it everyday (especially on WE). Now, hopefully, I will get enough sleep time.
  • Looks like nice changes. But I think this Skill Rating matchmaking will be working like in the TW.

Stated:
    With a greater incentive placed on victory, it is important that we address matchmaking and ensure Guilds are paired against fair opponents. Today’s Update reworks the matchmaking system in Territory Wars to more accurately calculate the amount of power a Guild is bringing to the holotable. Our goal with these changes is to create a more fair and balanced experience long term. This system better accounts for guilds that bring a smaller number of powerful players. Additionally, the system takes loss streaks into account during matchmaking.

Reality:
    pv80ijl2xpq2.jpg
  • They will literally give away a much more crystal than now, its all written in their post. Try use math ;-)

This is yet to be seen, since you are auto-enrolled in Squad Arena and get some sort of reward for your rank whether you play SA that day or not, since even if you didn't play you still have a rank.

HOWEVER... If you don't log in on the day that your week-long GAC round starts, you get nothing for 8 days. On top of that, you have to achieve a minimum number of banners each day or you get NOTHING that day. They actually say that. It's something you could read.

This means that the total crystals given out might be less or more, depending on how common it is to take a day off, and thus lose rewards at least from that day, if not for a full 8 days.

Do you have the stats on how common it is to take a day off? No? Try using math. WHOOPS, NO DATA AVAILABLE.

Can't do the operations when you don't have the operands. Of course you could still be snarky and overconfident. That always works.

How do you know that you won't be auto-enrolled in GAC now? WHOOPS, DATA NOT AVAILABLE YET.

Snarkiness works both ways, or we could always wait for extra information from the Q&A.
  • I think this is a great change! GAC is by far the best game mode, and this will break up shard mafias. I am super on board with this. GAC really isn't that time consuming if you know counters and strong play. The "ceiling" for rewards is much higher now.
  • As stated above (directly or not): please make an auto-join feature for gac. And if not, then for the love of God, DON'T hide the join button behind pack commercials!
  • I would like to know how these changes are going to help to reduce the gap between low GP players and high GP players. Oh wait, It will create a greater imbalance.

• So as someone who makes 1 in both arenas , and have not missed Kyber , this appears to be a significant crystal boost. I now don't have to do arena other than for the two Daly tasks , that is a massive QoL improvement.

I've done my own math , on a 7.4m acct and even with 6 wins 6 loss season I'm better off and unlikely to get relegated past Kyber 3. So I should be happy.

However ; as I built my account FTP over many years of arena crystals I'm not sure that this is a great change for mid to lower accounts trying to grow. It seems the bigger accounts get the most rewards and thus widens the gap from the tip to the end of the spear. I hope I'm wrong , but it feels those that started later than I don't have the same opportunity I did, and that seems wrong. The major unknown is as always match making , and I sincerely hope mid gp accts can advance at the same place we have enjoyed for years.

Ps. Yes I know nothing is ever promised to be fair in a mobile game.
  • Nauros wrote: »
    Ok, that's a whole lot to digest...
    There seem to be two goals going on, of course unstated in the official announcement. The first one is sustainability - squad arena basically enforces power creep, which can only go so far before the whole thing topples. I can fully get behind that, and it seems they plan to keep the game around for a while, for better or worse.
    The other goal is to keep the crystal income more stratified. Shard chats enabled a lot of people to get good rewards, and that's not the CG way. Now they have tighter control over how many crystals go among the players.
    The elephant in the room, of course, is 3v3. Now, the crystal income is partially tied to a mode the game wasn't designed for and we have no way to practice. Very bad move.
    Overall, I guess it depends on how much will the crystal income actually be nerfed and whether or not the new matchmaking works as intended. I don't have high hopes, but I don't condemn it right away either.

The “elephant in the room” is in-game currency(crystals). These changes will dramatically reduce the amount of crystals given out to the player base as a whole. They assume that will force the player base to spend more money to acquire crystals. This is about milking every last dollar out of what’s left of the player base, everything else is eye wash.
    Yep, that is indeed the elephant in the room. CG addresses it, with unconvincing claims, and then tries to confuse people with charts.

For good players who weren't really competitive in the meta, they will possibly see an improvement in crystal income. Players who were competitive in the meta, for the most part (not the player base as a whole perhaps, but specifically these players who were the most competitive and getting crystals from squad arena, which is what CG was worried about) crystal income is almost guaranteed to go down if GAC seasons aren't running back-to-back 24/7.

Conquest changes and Executor shard release method indicate that CG was very interested in squeezing the crystal economy, requiring more crystal vault purchases or taking away crystals otherwise spent on gear (thus increasing relic packs).

So this is an expected change.
  • As stated above (directly or not): please make an auto-join feature for gac. And if not, then for the love of God, DON'T hide the join button behind pack commercials!

This is a massive problem, I would join everything I could even if I just let it auto deploy and don't hit GAC anymore (such a **** game mode), TW and GAC missed for a "£99.99 pack I will never buy" is just frustrating.
  • dgree wrote: »
    Nauros wrote: »
    Ok, that's a whole lot to digest...
    There seem to be two goals going on, of course unstated in the official announcement. The first one is sustainability - squad arena basically enforces power creep, which can only go so far before the whole thing topples. I can fully get behind that, and it seems they plan to keep the game around for a while, for better or worse.
    The other goal is to keep the crystal income more stratified. Shard chats enabled a lot of people to get good rewards, and that's not the CG way. Now they have tighter control over how many crystals go among the players.
    The elephant in the room, of course, is 3v3. Now, the crystal income is partially tied to a mode the game wasn't designed for and we have no way to practice. Very bad move.
    Overall, I guess it depends on how much will the crystal income actually be nerfed and whether or not the new matchmaking works as intended. I don't have high hopes, but I don't condemn it right away either.

The “elephant in the room” is in-game currency(crystals). These changes will dramatically reduce the amount of crystals given out to the player base as a whole. They assume that will force the player base to spend more money to acquire crystals. This is about milking every last dollar out of what’s left of the player base, everything else is eye wash.
    Yep, that is indeed the elephant in the room. CG addresses it, with unconvincing claims, and then tries to confuse people with charts.

For good players who weren't really competitive in the meta, they will possibly see an improvement in crystal income. Players who were competitive in the meta, for the most part (not the player base as a whole perhaps, but specifically these players who were the most competitive and getting crystals from squad arena, which is what CG was worried about) crystal income is almost guaranteed to go down if GAC seasons aren't running back-to-back 24/7.

Conquest changes and Executor shard release method indicate that CG was very interested in squeezing the crystal economy, requiring more crystal vault purchases or taking away crystals otherwise spent on gear (thus increasing relic packs).

So this is an expected change.

You'll get daily crystal rewards from GAC even during the off week, which it says in the SotG
  • LordDirt wrote: »
    So with no meta what is there to chase? Now I can collect at mu own pace and just play the game for free. How does this help CG?

Because now every new character will be "meta". Just look at the new Maquees theive been releasing for example. Theyre not needed for Squad Arena, but for GA youre going to have a big advantage if you have them. The days of chasing one team is over, and now we have to chase all of them.
  • Hornist wrote: »
    I am carefully optimistic. Gac has been more interesting for me even with crap rewards. Arena (I get 1st every day), is a chore and very boring.
    Best thing about Gac is that you are not forced to do your battles in strict time schedule. In gac you have all day. This is QOL.

Gettng max crystals will be harder from now on. They are truly a reward.

Can we ban devs having alt accounts to post with in the forums? It’s either that or there’s a large amount of people who don’t understand how numbers work. This is a clear attack on the player base, nothing else.

Did you actually read the post or do any math or anything? the vast majority of people stand to get more crystals from this. It will adversely affect some people, but not most. Then there's the fact that instead of doing 1-5 SA battles every day, you're doing placements and up to 13 battles every other day nine times a month. For those that have to use 4 or 5 SA attacks a day to climb, there will actually be FEWER battles on average.

Crystals for all, everyone benefits? You know it's a problem when a new system is sold as a communist system.

Currently it's 5 battles for a guaranteed 500 crystals daily, in a 35-day season gives 17,500 crystals. 100 crystals per battle. Keyword is "guaranteed".

How many people can maintain kyber consistently over let's say a year? Guarantee 3-0 every time? Have you done that math? Let's see if it's as many as the number who can consistently get 1st in arena every day.
  • Geshtianna wrote: »
    Hornist wrote: »
    I am carefully optimistic. Gac has been more interesting for me even with crap rewards. Arena (I get 1st every day), is a chore and very boring.
    Best thing about Gac is that you are not forced to do your battles in strict time schedule. In gac you have all day. This is QOL.

Gettng max crystals will be harder from now on. They are truly a reward.

Can we ban devs having alt accounts to post with in the forums? It’s either that or there’s a large amount of people who don’t understand how numbers work. This is a clear attack on the player base, nothing else.

Did you actually read the post or do any math or anything? the vast majority of people stand to get more crystals from this. It will adversely affect some people, but not most. Then there's the fact that instead of doing 1-5 SA battles every day, you're doing placements and up to 13 battles every other day nine times a month. For those that have to use 4 or 5 SA attacks a day to climb, there will actually be FEWER battles on average.

Crystals for all, everyone benefits? You know it's a problem when a new system is sold as a communist system.

Currently it's 5 battles for a guaranteed 500 crystals daily, in a 35-day season gives 17,500 crystals. 100 crystals per battle. Keyword is "guaranteed".

How many people can maintain kyber consistently over let's say a year? Guarantee 3-0 every time? Have you done that math? Let's see if it's as many as the number who can consistently get 1st in arena every day.

Because everyone is guaranteed 500 crystals per day, right?
  • This should be a game for entertainment and having to play GAC with such intensity will cause a lot of stress, this is not the way. If what you wanted is to give more importance to the GAC you should have increased the rewards to promote its game. Part of the essence of SWGOH has died today.
    This should be a game for entertainment and having to play GAC with such intensity will cause a lot of stress, this is not the way. If what you wanted is to give more importance to the GAC you should have increased the rewards to promote its game. Part of the essence of SWGOH has died today.

So basically you’re looking for quick meaningless rewards?

If youre looking for a full time job then go get one, stop looking for it in a mobile game
  • Arena's really time consuming and if GAC becomes more fair when it comes to matchmaking we could really enjoy it. Arena turned to be really boring due to the Exe mirror matches it's just a frustated mode. Squad arena's was at least less frustated, more auto gameplay but time consuming too. I really wish CG's doing something great. New Events, maybe make a touch up for DS Geo TB or make more phases for DS Geo TB (more stars)
  • [/quote]

How many people can maintain kyber consistently over let's say a year? Guarantee 3-0 every time? Have you done that math? Let's see if it's as many as the number who can consistently get 1st in arena every day.[/quote]

This seems a common misunderstanding of how it is proposed to work. Only 10% of the people in Kyber get relegated (those in Kyber div 5) , and only once per 5 weeks at the end of the season. 10% of those in Aurodium will get promoted at the same time. So you won't need to win 3-0 or even close to that. I'd day even 3-9 will keep you in Kyber. The old way of making Kyber is gone , it's not about banners in a 5 week season, it starts with your gp then is about wins and losses only over each and every season going forward. The main issue is lower GP accounts (say 4m) have to climb a long way to reach Kyber in the first place and can only get promoted once a season. There will be a lot of big GP accts in Kyber that get those rewards that dont climb to the top of arena , and a lot of those who climb in newer arena shards that may never make Kyber. It's impossible without access to CGs data to know if it's overall more or less crystals in total for all players.
  • Love this. Really do. I do have two concerns.

Fleet arena isn't affected. What this will become though is an arena they can monetize for awhile. Executrix is an example. Squad arena used to be a new meta every six months to generate revenue. Fleet arena will replace that.

Cheaters. Known fact people have, can and will cheat in GAC and it seems that CG hasn't truly been overly keen on banning these players, if they are spenders. With that being said if I have to choose between cheaters or shard chat mafias, I pick cheaters.

Match making does seem like it will sort itself out as we progress.

It does make sense to award crystals based upon how we utilize a large portion of our roster and not just five toons.

Really excited!!

• GRANDOLA wrote: »
    GRANDOLA wrote: »
    So basically you’re looking for quick meaningless rewards?

They're looking to continue with the game the way its been for the last 6 years without penalty. You seem to want to play GAC and you could do that fine without this chane, they want to not be penalised for having fun in the game the way they played it for years.

Lol absolutely ridiculous thinking. I’ve been playing since day one. If it was the same game as day one, I highly doubt anyone complaining would still be playing.

Them adding content is nice. Them removing pretty much a full game mode that's been in since day 1 is a lot less so. There is no incentive to play squad arena anymore beyond the daily requirements. Its gone as a mode.

They could have improved GAC but I don't see removing the squad arena usefulness just to force people to play GAC as useful or innovation. They didn't make GAC better, they made you ignoring it a punishment.
    @SiuanPamic
    I think skill is more important than wallet and I’m not FTP

What are you even talking about? No one mentioned wallets (or even money) except you.

The only people who stand to lose daily crystals are the ones who have no skill.

Or the ones without 8 million + in GP
  • flux_rono wrote: »
    most of this post aside: why/where is everyone getting the idea that GAC is an unpopular mode and is going to be even more unpopular? I've never heard that until now with GAC in general. (yes there has always been 3v3 hate, but never much on the 5v5 that I know)

Can only speak anecdotally, but I’m down to one game mode… tb. I stay mostly for my guild… every other mode in this game is a chore and this won’t affect me at all as I already don’t play SA or GAC. The matchmaking is just too easy to sandbag so why bother. Finding yourself outmatched 3-5GLs to my 1 just kills it every time.
  • I would like to clarify the point: my arena shard is less than a year old, my GM is 3 ml. A lot of resources were invested to reach this level and receive the maximum reward. In the arena, I play with players who got into the game in parallel with me. Now I will have to compete with players who have been playing longer than me, more experienced and have a better warehouse, a better set of modules, more zetas. You change the system and resets all my investments and achievements.
    You nerfed key characters who could counter Legends, thereby pushing players to receive Galactic Legends. Now, in order to be competitive and the invested resources have paid off, it takes even more effort and resources to get strong teams for the Great Arena.
    Are you kidding?:)
  • Ponf wrote: »
    I would like to clarify the point: my arena shard is less than a year old, my GM is 3 ml. A lot of resources were invested to reach this level and receive the maximum reward. In the arena, I play with players who got into the game in parallel with me. Now I will have to compete with players who have been playing longer than me, more experienced and have a better warehouse, a better set of modules, more zetas. You change the system and resets all my investments and achievements.
    You nerfed key characters who could counter Legends, thereby pushing players to receive Galactic Legends. Now, in order to be competitive and the invested resources have paid off, it takes even more effort and resources to get strong teams for the Great Arena.
    Are you kidding?:)

This isn't necessarily true - wait and see how the match making plays out.
  • Given some time to think, I see the biggest pitfall in the matchmaking. There are two important parameters, GP and win/loss ratio, and they are not exactly correlated. Two players can have the same win/loss but wildly different GP. Over time, a lot of players across GP will gravitate towards 1:1 w/l, and it will be pure hell. Imagine facing players selected randomly from the entire GP range. Unless, of course, the matchmaking isn't as independent on GP as they claim.
  • striker_Jakkuzas
    128 posts Member
    edited November 2021
    AlexanderG wrote: »

This isn't necessarily true - wait and see how the match making plays out.
    Because they have done such a great job of match making with TW.

The problem with this change is it will only work if CG does 2 things well.
    1. Match making
    2. Banning cheaters

CG has never done either well. This will be UGLY.