[MEGA] State of the Galaxy: November 2021

Replies

• See ya.
  • Just keep rewards from arena and add Cristals rewards in gac otherwise a lot of players will stop the game with thoses upgrades
    And swgoh will be dead
  • IronCross wrote: »
    So that means I can tank/sandbag for a few weeks in GAC and then wreck people 2-3 million less in GP later? Great move CG…

If you want worse rewards, yes you can do this.

• Like I said it will be harder to get max crystals. Mayby letters are not your thing.

Going for the ironic look. Very well done.
  • AlexanderG wrote: »

This isn't necessarily true - wait and see how the match making plays out.
    Because they have done such a great job of match making with TW.

The problem with this change is it will only work if CG does 2 things well.
    1. Match making
    2. Banning cheaters

CG has never done either well. This will be UGLY.

I don't disagree. My point is we need to wait and see if match making improves or not, rather than OP's position of assuming the worst.
  • How do you count rewards in Cx per day since you need 1 day to put defense and another day to fight ? ...
  • From the November state of the Galaxy:

"The rewards for Feats will be moved elsewhere in Grand Arena, more on that below."

But then there is no mention of where they are moving and how they will.be incorporated anywhere in the update...
  • I believe the numbers they presented were an average. (if you won 50% of your attacks and got the end of round reward for placing 4th/5th in the same league you began in, and the actual daily inbox crystals, all totaled divided by number of days in a GAC cycle until the next one starts)
  • Hopefully feats will just earn you GAC currency
  • Probably still have the feats but they won't award you any points as they have in the past. Just the titles and portraits.
  • I LOVE THIS CHANGE!!

All caps by accident but actually, I'll leave it.

Arena climb for me had become a 2hr marathon every day to climb from about 50 to 1st with at least 50 crystals spent to do it. Once in a blue moon 150 crystals if I'd fallen even further. But it felt like I needed to do it, as I could, and the alternative of spending the cash for the same crystals is not on the cards.

That is with 2 accounts, so 15-20 arena fights a day, switching between accounts making for almost continuous playing for 2 hours a day, plus the fleet climb. I was very close to burnt out, and would likely have just given up on the whole game if I gave up on the crystal income.

Grand arena on the other hand I always played because I enjoy the challenge, even though the rewards were just ok.

I much prefer the grand arena format for several reasons:
    I get to use more than just the one squad.
    I get to attack more than just 2 or 3 different enemy squads.
    I can play my battles at any time of the day that suits me. (This is a really big plus for me)
    I don't have to do it every single day.

So to me up to 11 squad fights per account every other day is a big drop in effort required, so I'm fine with it being for less crystals. Also in the past I would have been doing those grand arena fights on top of 15-20 arena battles anyway, so it's a big win in my books.

I expect the first few rounds to be horrible as the initial skill seeding will make for terrible matches (as it will be based purely off gp), but everyone will quickly shift to the point where they actually have a decent chance of winning.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Fredy5 wrote: »
    How do you count rewards in Cx per day since you need 1 day to put defense and another day to fight ? ...

From the dev post:
    Approximated Daily Averages above are based on the typical GAC cadence of 4 Weeks On + 1 Week Off, eg Total Prizes / 35 Days.
    - 35 Daily Prizes, 12 Round Prizes, 4 Event Prizes (approximated by using two 2-1 and two 1-2 finishes), and 1 Season Prize
    - Actual Daily Amount will vary over the Season
  • AlexanderG wrote: »
    AlexanderG wrote: »

This isn't necessarily true - wait and see how the match making plays out.
    Because they have done such a great job of match making with TW.

The problem with this change is it will only work if CG does 2 things well.
    1. Match making
    2. Banning cheaters

CG has never done either well. This will be UGLY.

I don't disagree. My point is we need to wait and see if match making improves or not, rather than OP's position of assuming the worst.

The thing is that we can extrapolate quite a bit from what we already know, and even if we assume that things will work as intended, it doesn't look good.
    The first new GAC will have divisions based on GP, so nothing really changes there. But after that, things start to happen - our skill rating will go either up or down depending on wins or losses, and there are two possible outcomes. One happens when the initial position will matter significantly, and the result is GAC still somewhat stratified by GP. In that case, newer players will be forever stuck in low divisions because getting anywhere higher will require an uphill battle against far higher GP. The other outcome happens when the initial position matters little in the long run, and it isn't any better. That would mean that you can get matched based on your win/loss but regardless of GP, while those two aren't correlated. So basically a coin toss whether you steamroll or get steamrolled.
  • 0m43m164fihx.jpeg

If their chart is correct, the majority of players will gain crystals and only a small minority will lose crystals. This is a win overall. My crystals are going to triple 😁
  • I've slogged through over a year around 500 in SA while building up towards my first gl (all ftp), now that Ihave jml i'm actually in contention for being in top 100 cg is going to kill purples. Great..... meanwhile myself and 75% of the opponents I face in gac just do auto defense and leave it.
    This is another in a series of really bad decisions cg.
  • Geshtianna wrote: »
    MaruMaru wrote: »
    LordDirt wrote: »
    ShaggyB wrote: »
    Nope, they are pushing everyone to play a game mode most dont care for. Will see if it blows up in their face or not.

You have presented no evidence of that and presupposed CG hasn't made and evidence-based decision to the contrary.

Guess we can take a poll but as you can see by all the angry people in here we know which way it will lean.

Genuine question, why don't you like GAC?

At my level (5.6mil, one GL and working on a second), I find I'm matched up pretty well, I've won and lost some matches by less than 10.

Let me know how you like it when you have 6 gl and your opponent has 6 gl.

If you put your 6 on defense and they put all 6 of theirs on D.... you wont be beating them with anything else as cg nerfed all the good counters.

Comes down to beating the non gl teams, and you wont be taking a zone and moving to the next one.

No fun to be had.

8.2 mil gp.

Not worth my time in its current state. Changes while sounding nice dont really change the underlining problem with it at higher gp.

Are you actually playing gac? I've yet to see an occasion where people put down all their gls...instead the one they throw in the towel and to **** off their opponent. In competetive matches this simply doesn't happen.

I put three GLs up top, three GLs on the bottom every time.

Same question then, are you playing gac competetively or is it as I described? When any of my opponents do this, I %100 win and I also lose many points in that win.

What do you mean by playing? I set my defense. I have won many rounds by doing so as they usually cant get through any of my defensive walls. I just need to win a few attacks. Boring

Ok, my verdict is you are not a competetive gac player but simply play it casually. You can ask any player that you know that fully plays gac what are they doing with their gls.

Anyways, due to this change you might be losing some crystals, but maybe not. Check those tables, you start -by far- in the uppermost league. With this play style you'll fall a bit, but prolly not by much as long as you do an initial fight simply to register yourself in the system. I don't think with 6 gls you can possibly fall as far as to end up getting matched with 5m players who will be earning 340 crystals/day on average.

It's a definite loss of crystals for those with a steady income of 500 daily. It's not sustainable, and it's never a good thing to do more work for the same rewards (5 battles vs 11+2).

The GAC battles aren't every day. And not all have dead shards where 5 is enough.

I average 7 to 8 arena battles a day in my hyperactive shard. With GAC on a 70-day cycle, there are 12 days with 11+2 and 12 with 15+2 for a total of 360. That averages out to a little over 10 per day. Hardly a drastic increase. And unlike arena, it won't be the same boring battles at the same hour every day on a cooldown timer.
  • SiuanPamic wrote: »
    0m43m164fihx.jpeg

If their chart is correct, the majority of players will gain crystals and only a small minority will lose crystals. This is a win overall. My crystals are going to triple 😁

Majority will gain.
    Competitive / Arena-focused accounts under 4M gp will lose (so newer accounts under 2 years typically).

There is so much content in the game for newer accounts, they will never get it all...but if they had put in the effort to maximize their crystal income daily so they can try to catch up as much as possible, well they will be hurting now.
  • KarateApina
    126 posts Member
    edited November 2021
    Gascharack wrote: »
    Oh, guys, come on
    Instead of playing 1h at fixed time doing same thing
    You can play once two days 1h (any time) doing something way more exciting
    Keeping more or less similar income

This.

Arena 5 battles/day = 35 / week.
    New gac depending on division roughly 10 x 3 battles / week = 30.

There really is no time sink.
    If arena rewards will be as bad as it seems there is no reason to do arena. So there will be less battles on average.

The ability to do the battles any time it suits me best is huge QOL. Thanks CG.

where did you learn math? :joy: 5 battles a day, each lasts 3 minutes - but **on auto** atm. so i have to play manually 30 seconds a day. makes 3,5 minutes a week.

I dont really get what you are talking about. I was just counting the amount of battles per week.

Arena 35, new GAC 30ish.

Asuming 5 batles / day in arena.
  • Vitalii wrote: »
    It looks like that with these changes if I put no defence and then make a full clear I will get a win. Even if I will not win several battles from the first attempt. Ratio is easy:
    1. I will get first attack, as my opponent will not face squads on my side of the field
    2. I will get points got defeating units on his side of the field and my opponent will not

Great theory, but if you put a single defense (to disable the auto deploy) your opponent gets max banners for each missing slot, this will include the new points for defeating units and the 10 points for first attack. In today's GA, that means 64 points per missing ground slot and 72 per missing fleet slot.
  • The real question on gain/lose crystals is, what is the long-term placement level?

In a perfect matchmaker/ranking system with all players playing their best, you get a long term 50% win rate. My guess is that is not the bar for kyber. So anyone but the top 0.1% of players who simply cannot be evenly matched all the time looking at the kyber average daily rewards is being fooled.

Following how previous GAC scoring ran, but now without feats, I would plan on aurodium in a good month, and chromium for an average month, unless they drastically adjust the thresholds.
  • DinoMight wrote: »
    The real question on gain/lose crystals is, what is the long-term placement level?

In a perfect matchmaker/ranking system with all players playing their best, you get a long term 50% win rate. My guess is that is not the bar for kyber. So anyone but the top 0.1% of players who simply cannot be evenly matched all the time looking at the kyber average daily rewards is being fooled.

Following how previous GAC scoring ran, but now without feats, I would plan on aurodium in a good month, and chromium for an average month, unless they drastically adjust the thresholds.

Yeah, it's not entirely clear how many skill points you need to be in Kyber. I assume that will be covered on Thursday, but until then no one can really calculate their own crystal income after the first GA.
  • LordDirt wrote: »
    So with no meta what is there to chase? Now I can collect at mu own pace and just play the game for free. How does this help CG?

The days of chasing one team is over, and now we have to chase all of them.

Pokemon!
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    StarSon wrote: »
    DinoMight wrote: »
    The real question on gain/lose crystals is, what is the long-term placement level?

Yeah, it's not entirely clear how many skill points you need to be in Kyber. I assume that will be covered on Thursday, but until then no one can really calculate their own crystal income after the first GA.

The way I understand it, the exact amount of points only matters for the first run. After that, it's top 10% move up, bottom 10% move down regardless of actual points.
  • LordDirt wrote: »
    So with no meta what is there to chase? Now I can collect at mu own pace and just play the game for free. How does this help CG?

Because now every new character will be "meta". Just look at the new Maquees theive been releasing for example. Theyre not needed for Squad Arena, but for GA youre going to have a big advantage if you have them. The days of chasing one team is over, and now we have to chase all of them.

Or none of them and you just get it when you get it.

It does make panic farming a thing of the past
  • ShaggyB wrote: »

Because now every new character will be "meta". Just look at the new Maquees theive been releasing for example. Theyre not needed for Squad Arena, but for GA youre going to have a big advantage if you have them. The days of chasing one team is over, and now we have to chase all of them.

Or none of them and you just get it when you get it.

It does make panic farming a thing of the past

Cant you say the exact same thing about GLs?
  • PickNameToidentifYou
    20 posts Member
    edited November 2021
    This question maybe already asked before but: if I setup only one sqad in one field as defence then I will win cos my opponent will not have anything to attack more than 1 time?
  • This question maybe already asked before but: if I setup only one sqad in one field as defence then I will win cos my opponent will not have anything to attack more than 1 time?

I'm under the same assumption, but only if you fully clear the opponents defenses (as you should get more points by defeating their toons, and they won't get any extras for taking the territories where you didn't set as you can't get points for defeating enemies if there's none there to beat)
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    This question maybe already asked before but: if I setup only one sqad in one field as defence then I will win cos my opponent will not have anything to attack more than 1 time?

They will get points as if they cleared everything with 1 character, that's how it works now. What remains to be seen is whether they get the points for characters killed too.
  • @Kyno, can you confirm if squad arena will be eliminated for level 85 players? I don't know if it will be eliminated or if just crystals will be removed.

• Vitalii wrote: »
    It looks like that with these changes if I put no defence and then make a full clear I will get a win. Even if I will not win several battles from the first attempt. Ratio is easy:
    1. I will get first attack, as my opponent will not face squads on my side of the field
    2. I will get points got defeating units on his side of the field and my opponent will not

Almost certainly not. They already give max clear points for unfilled slots. Why would they remove this feature?