[MEGA] State of the Galaxy: November 2021

Replies

  • Kyno wrote: »
    Drathuk916 wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Nauros wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    ShaggyB wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    ShaggyB wrote: »
    NicWester wrote: »
    I feel like the folks who say this is going to reduce income across the board are letting slip their chat status. Practically speaking, the maximum number of players per arena shard that could get first place in a day was 24. If you think 24 players (maximum) represent the experience of the rest of the player base then you're pretty out of touch. You weren't earning your crystals, you were part of a cartel that conspired to keep the crystals in their little group.

    For the rest of us, just being in Carbonite 1 is going to give as many daily crystals as we already get.

    So saying that everyone is going to suffer doesn't hold up to scrutiny. The 1% is going to suffer and the rest of us are going to get an increase based on what we deserve, so........

    Sucks to be you. Get good at Grand Arena.

    You do understand there are multiple arena shards, with new ones popping up all the time right.

    You do not like shard chats.... but a newer player that gets #1 because they have the best team in their newer created shard arena will be getting the shaft with this.

    Its always bad to take something from players, its never bad to add something.

    From the discussion we had, there are some cases where it's a decrease, but overall it's an increase.

    When looking at new shards which have the largest active population, this is a blessing, as many of them are averaging a very low income, compared to the average in the new system.

    Perhaps a better explaination is needed. The way im reading it newer players (lvl 85) are going to not be anywhere near kyber payouts.

    Initial gp will lock them in low. Skill will grow them some, but id think that #1 player with a low gp wont be clearing 500 a day

    Yes a small % of players will see lower income, in the situation your are stating.

    Are you sure it will be a small %? If skill rating is all that matters, then new players will eventually hit a wall where they can't win because the high leagues are populated by veterans. Unless they heed Carrie's infamous tweet about catching up, of course...

    Yes I am sure.

    Where do you predict this wall will be?

    My prediction is you can neither fall or climb more than 3 divisions from wherever you are initially placed. I think gac lovers are missing the overall downside for them. Eventually they’ll end up in a space where three matches they can’t lose based on their and their opponents rosters. Three they can’t win, and six where their skill might let them overcome their opponents advantage or their opponent has the skill to overcome theirs.

    This seems to me to be a net loss from a gameplay perspective for those that enjoyed gac and were going 10-2 or better each time.

    From a crystal perspective, most will see an increase sure, but the longer you’ve played the higher your income and the easier it will be to progress. The shorter your play time you’re less likely to see an increase in crystal income but even if you do it’ll be less so it will be harder to increase your income than under the old SA model.

    But once again the effect on current players is immaterial. A new player is now seeing a crystal income max that is smaller and therefore has less reason to whale. So while I believe the majority of players will eventually see this as a net positive for their crystal income, I also see it being harder for cg to acquire new spenders to replace retiring spenders.

    I am not a GAC fan.

    We also dont know the exact way this is going to be measured, and likely never will, but we should all realize that it doesnt need to be a 1 for 1 win to loss, they can be waited differently.

    Why would a new player see less income? You mean the top 50 on a shard may be seeing less income, what about the other few hundred that we locked in at 50?

    Will some, yes. Will investing in the game if they choose to still have a benefit, yes. In fact it will be a longer term benefit than arena with a rolling meta. A top end team can be surpassed multiple times in a GAC roster and still be relevant in the game mode.

    I am not a fan of the change or GAC, but there are some big benefits to the player base as a whole.

    I guess we just have to agree to disagree on the long term benefits on early investment. Under the SA model a few hundred dollars (hyperdrive + 20-40 a month until you’re outpacing your shards meta) could lock you into a healthy income for years and get you to the same free income of a six year player.

    This just isn’t possible under the new system. Yes the majority of players will see an increase in their crystal income. But the game needs revenue to survive. This is a great benefit to the player base in the short term. I just don’t see it being a benefit to the player base long term. Lost revenue from retiring players, lost revenue from players progressing at a faster pace than they were use to and therefore not feeling the need to spend, lost revenue from fewer players seeing the benefit of spending large amounts of money early as being enough to justify the expense.

    How will cg replace all of that revenue? It needs to come from players buying things they can’t get with crystals (omicrons, r9 mats) or it comes by cutting production/development costs. I’m very wary of either outcome. I hope I’m wrong and time will tell but my gut tells me this was a poor decision for the long term health of the game even though it will please a significant majority of current players.
  • LukeDukem8 wrote: »
    sloweagle wrote: »
    People who love GAC and think the change is good are missing a simple reasoning, in the past, skills in not in matchmaking, so whatever matchmaking, people with better skills always have an edge, and personally I enjoying beating a stronger rosters with better skills. But going forward , some kinda of skills will be factored into the matchmaking, that edge will be gone.

    Mathematically, it simply means moving everyone’s record closer to 6-6. Those 12-0,11-1,10-2, 0-12, 1-11, 2-10 will be increasingly less. So if you are a GAC lover with consistently 10-2 or better record, watching out. It is really simple math.

    This is correct.

    People who get 10-2 today will need to work their tail off tomorrow to go 6-6.

    Grand Arena will be more of a chore than Conquest.

    and they will still get more cc income than placing 1 shard arena.

    I would rather have lower rewards and better matchmaking.

    I fully admit this system will give me much better rewards (I get #1 in arena daily), but the idea of moving up the ladder just to face people with millions more GP is sickening.

    Every single GAC match is winnable unless you completely bloated your roster.

    This will not be the case soon.
  • loveremoval
    64 posts Member
    edited November 2021
    What is your initial level placement based on? My last GAC was a wreck, but previously I've reached Kyber consistently with 5 GLs and 7.5m GP.

    Do I get screwed because my last GAC was only Aurodium?
  • What is your initial level placement based on? My last GAC was a wreck, but previously I've reached Kyber consistently with 5 GLs and 7.5m GP.

    Do I get screwed because my last GAC was only Aurodium?

    Initial placement is based 100% on GP. At 7.5M you will be placed in Kyber 1.
  • mariogsh wrote: »
    I can't wait to be in the carbonite division with my 6 million GP. It will be soooo funny!

    You start on Kyber 4 IIRC

    I know, and it will be difficult for me to go in carbonite division. But with my hate of GAC and my no-participation, after having taken advantage of my pension during the descent without making the slightest effort, i will finally be able to have fun with bursting noobs.

    The best part of it all is that I used to spend money to stay in the top squad arena, and now i don't need to do it anymore since i hate GAC... Great job CG !!
    Y a un n*a*z*i qui a changé mon nom sans rien me dire...
  • So, i understand that initial placement is based on GP, and then you will upgrade/downgrade based on your placement. Do we know what % that is. there is 5 division per league, is it safe to assume 1/5th will upgrade and 1/5th will downgrade in each league at the end of the season?

    And my follow up question is about the balance of each leagues. If we look at GP, the player population isn't balanced. More people have higher GP (4.5m+) than lower GP. if each league doesn't follow that balance, the lower leagues will get more and more high GP players over time, and players will loose in average placements. At least in the first few iterations.
  • ToJ85 wrote: »
    So, i understand that initial placement is based on GP, and then you will upgrade/downgrade based on your placement. Do we know what % that is. there is 5 division per league, is it safe to assume 1/5th will upgrade and 1/5th will downgrade in each league at the end of the season?

    And my follow up question is about the balance of each leagues. If we look at GP, the player population isn't balanced. More people have higher GP (4.5m+) than lower GP. if each league doesn't follow that balance, the lower leagues will get more and more high GP players over time, and players will loose in average placements. At least in the first few iterations.

    It was stated as 10% and based on gp marks I’m assuming there are 20k in each division so the bottom 2k get demoted top 2k promoted.
  • Starslayer wrote: »
    Just realised that the skill system will only account victories, if i understood correctly. So no need to full clear to score high, so no need to play offense.

    I see walls of GLs in my future.

    But you can only get a victory by attacking and beating teams. No points for defense placement or getting holds.
  • Night2 wrote: »
    i like changes at a moment i get 75 crystals a day from squad arena but last 3 gac i ended up in kyber so im happy they will increase my crystal income fo same effort

    Much less effort. No arena climb required.
  • mariogsh wrote: »
    I can't wait to be in the carbonite division with my 6 million GP. It will be soooo funny!

    You start on Kyber 4 IIRC

    Was that chart actually showing the initial seeding layout, or was it just to illustrate crystal income? That wasn't 100% clear to me.

  • LukeDukem8 wrote: »
    sloweagle wrote: »
    People who love GAC and think the change is good are missing a simple reasoning, in the past, skills in not in matchmaking, so whatever matchmaking, people with better skills always have an edge, and personally I enjoying beating a stronger rosters with better skills. But going forward , some kinda of skills will be factored into the matchmaking, that edge will be gone.

    Mathematically, it simply means moving everyone’s record closer to 6-6. Those 12-0,11-1,10-2, 0-12, 1-11, 2-10 will be increasingly less. So if you are a GAC lover with consistently 10-2 or better record, watching out. It is really simple math.

    This is correct.

    People who get 10-2 today will need to work their tail off tomorrow to go 6-6.

    Grand Arena will be more of a chore than Conquest.

    and they will still get more cc income than placing 1 shard arena.

    I would rather have lower rewards and better matchmaking.

    I fully admit this system will give me much better rewards (I get #1 in arena daily), but the idea of moving up the ladder just to face people with millions more GP is sickening.

    Every single GAC match is winnable unless you completely bloated your roster.

    This will not be the case soon.

    Soon the case will be "all that matters is the 110 toons you use". You will want to fully develop them instead of cutting around the corners, because if you climb too high you will be facing rosters that did exactly that. Sounds fair to me, sandbagger woes are lost on me.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Drathuk916 wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Drathuk916 wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Nauros wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    ShaggyB wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    ShaggyB wrote: »
    NicWester wrote: »
    I feel like the folks who say this is going to reduce income across the board are letting slip their chat status. Practically speaking, the maximum number of players per arena shard that could get first place in a day was 24. If you think 24 players (maximum) represent the experience of the rest of the player base then you're pretty out of touch. You weren't earning your crystals, you were part of a cartel that conspired to keep the crystals in their little group.

    For the rest of us, just being in Carbonite 1 is going to give as many daily crystals as we already get.

    So saying that everyone is going to suffer doesn't hold up to scrutiny. The 1% is going to suffer and the rest of us are going to get an increase based on what we deserve, so........

    Sucks to be you. Get good at Grand Arena.

    You do understand there are multiple arena shards, with new ones popping up all the time right.

    You do not like shard chats.... but a newer player that gets #1 because they have the best team in their newer created shard arena will be getting the shaft with this.

    Its always bad to take something from players, its never bad to add something.

    From the discussion we had, there are some cases where it's a decrease, but overall it's an increase.

    When looking at new shards which have the largest active population, this is a blessing, as many of them are averaging a very low income, compared to the average in the new system.

    Perhaps a better explaination is needed. The way im reading it newer players (lvl 85) are going to not be anywhere near kyber payouts.

    Initial gp will lock them in low. Skill will grow them some, but id think that #1 player with a low gp wont be clearing 500 a day

    Yes a small % of players will see lower income, in the situation your are stating.

    Are you sure it will be a small %? If skill rating is all that matters, then new players will eventually hit a wall where they can't win because the high leagues are populated by veterans. Unless they heed Carrie's infamous tweet about catching up, of course...

    Yes I am sure.

    Where do you predict this wall will be?

    My prediction is you can neither fall or climb more than 3 divisions from wherever you are initially placed. I think gac lovers are missing the overall downside for them. Eventually they’ll end up in a space where three matches they can’t lose based on their and their opponents rosters. Three they can’t win, and six where their skill might let them overcome their opponents advantage or their opponent has the skill to overcome theirs.

    This seems to me to be a net loss from a gameplay perspective for those that enjoyed gac and were going 10-2 or better each time.

    From a crystal perspective, most will see an increase sure, but the longer you’ve played the higher your income and the easier it will be to progress. The shorter your play time you’re less likely to see an increase in crystal income but even if you do it’ll be less so it will be harder to increase your income than under the old SA model.

    But once again the effect on current players is immaterial. A new player is now seeing a crystal income max that is smaller and therefore has less reason to whale. So while I believe the majority of players will eventually see this as a net positive for their crystal income, I also see it being harder for cg to acquire new spenders to replace retiring spenders.

    I am not a GAC fan.

    We also dont know the exact way this is going to be measured, and likely never will, but we should all realize that it doesnt need to be a 1 for 1 win to loss, they can be waited differently.

    Why would a new player see less income? You mean the top 50 on a shard may be seeing less income, what about the other few hundred that we locked in at 50?

    Will some, yes. Will investing in the game if they choose to still have a benefit, yes. In fact it will be a longer term benefit than arena with a rolling meta. A top end team can be surpassed multiple times in a GAC roster and still be relevant in the game mode.

    I am not a fan of the change or GAC, but there are some big benefits to the player base as a whole.

    I guess we just have to agree to disagree on the long term benefits on early investment. Under the SA model a few hundred dollars (hyperdrive + 20-40 a month until you’re outpacing your shards meta) could lock you into a healthy income for years and get you to the same free income of a six year player.

    This just isn’t possible under the new system. Yes the majority of players will see an increase in their crystal income. But the game needs revenue to survive. This is a great benefit to the player base in the short term. I just don’t see it being a benefit to the player base long term. Lost revenue from retiring players, lost revenue from players progressing at a faster pace than they were use to and therefore not feeling the need to spend, lost revenue from fewer players seeing the benefit of spending large amounts of money early as being enough to justify the expense.

    How will cg replace all of that revenue? It needs to come from players buying things they can’t get with crystals (omicrons, r9 mats) or it comes by cutting production/development costs. I’m very wary of either outcome. I hope I’m wrong and time will tell but my gut tells me this was a poor decision for the long term health of the game even though it will please a significant majority of current players.

    SA has a rolling meta, once a team can be countered it's done. There is no long term benefit there. The HDB gives you a great boost in all game modes, because it takes time off the farm as a whole, but does nothing better or worse in SA vs GAC.

    Overall investing in team in SA is very pointed and then dies off, the length of its life in GAC is much longer.
  • Drathuk916
    340 posts Member
    edited November 2021
    ToJ85 wrote: »
    So, i understand that initial placement is based on GP, and then you will upgrade/downgrade based on your placement. Do we know what % that is. there is 5 division per league, is it safe to assume 1/5th will upgrade and 1/5th will downgrade in each league at the end of the season?

    And my follow up question is about the balance of each leagues. If we look at GP, the player population isn't balanced. More people have higher GP (4.5m+) than lower GP. if each league doesn't follow that balance, the lower leagues will get more and more high GP players over time, and players will loose in average placements. At least in the first few iterations.

    I completely misread this and yikes it changes my view. So each week represents an event. After each event you can rise or fall a division. However, you can’t fall out of a league until the end of a season when the entire division 5 drops a league and the entire division 1 rises with the obvious exception of kyber.

    Therefore it is possible though unlikely in the first season for a player in kyber 1 to drop out of kyber entirely. The reason this is unlikely is in there final week they’d be in division 2 at worst and would have a range of opponents from 5.6ish million and up while being greater than 7.26 million. It’s unclear how your skill rating effects matchups within a division.

    Edit: this assumes I read it and understand it correctly now.
  • Further comment on this now that I think I understand it more fully. Not everyone who goes 3-0 in a week will be promoted nor will every 0-3 be demoted as 12.5% of players will fall into either category and only 10% will be affected.
  • Drathuk916 wrote: »
    ToJ85 wrote: »
    So, i understand that initial placement is based on GP, and then you will upgrade/downgrade based on your placement. Do we know what % that is. there is 5 division per league, is it safe to assume 1/5th will upgrade and 1/5th will downgrade in each league at the end of the season?

    And my follow up question is about the balance of each leagues. If we look at GP, the player population isn't balanced. More people have higher GP (4.5m+) than lower GP. if each league doesn't follow that balance, the lower leagues will get more and more high GP players over time, and players will loose in average placements. At least in the first few iterations.

    I completely misread this and yikes it changes my view. So each week represents an event. After each event you can rise or fall a division. However, you can’t fall out of a league until the end of a season when the entire division 5 drops a league and the entire division 1 rises with the obvious exception of kyber.

    Therefore it is possible though unlikely in the first season for a player in kyber 1 to drop out of kyber entirely. The reason this is unlikely is in there final week they’d be in division 2 at worst and would have a range of opponents from 5.6ish million and up while being greater than 7.26 million. It’s unclear how your skill rating effects matchups within a division.

    Edit: this assumes I read it and understand it correctly now.

    Looking at the initial seeding chart, they have Aurodium 1 at 5572k GP threshold, Kyber 5 at 5676k, Kyber 4 at 5783k, Kyber 3 at 6137k, Kyber 2 at 6523k and Kyber 1 at 7263k.

    I would not be surprised if the initial skill points are ~1/1000 of your GP. Then if in one event going 3-0 gives you on the order of 100 skill points you could go from Kyber 5 to Kyber 4 or be really close to doing that. Maybe we will get more information at the Q&A.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Vishprat wrote: »
    I am really liking the changes. Finally shard competation come to an end. I have been fighting with them for long time. Now I relieved with that. Only people get affected in top 20. However they can still get 500 crystals with few wins.

    Only I have concern about like 4M to 6 M gp how they can move into kyber? And get max crystals. Might be few explanation from CG can help.

    Spend money.

    This entire system is built for you to reach a ceiling and need to spend to get higher.

    Or patiently develop, like all f2p have been doing for years

    Those above you aren’t stopping the development in their rosters. Patiently developing is just treading water. You won’t break through the ceiling by being patient since the ceiling keeps rising.

    If everyone in your bracket has 2 million more GP, patiently developing won’t work since they continue to develop. The only way to close the gap is get frustrated and spend.

    I’ve lost around 5 GAC matchups total in 12 months. In this new system, after a couple of months, I will hope and pray to win 4 of 12.

    GAC has a limited pool of useful characters. A 5M GP account can have the same top X toons as a 7 M GP account.

    You dont need to have all the toons, you need to have a roster built to GAC. So yes patiently and thoughtfully building your roster can have you gaining ground, and not tredding water.

    So you don't want to face players who are as good as you are in GAC and have a similar win ratio?

    Yes this is a change, it's a big change, almost to the point that there will be no comparison between what GAC will be and what it was.

    Does $$$ help a player, yes. Will you hit a point where the only way to progress is to $$$, no.

    This is patently wrong and kyno knows it. The more teams you have developed the more options you have the more ways you can stop your opponent. Kyno does not GAC often and wants to opine like he does.
  • Drathuk916 wrote: »
    I completely misread this and yikes it changes my view. So each week represents an event. After each event you can rise or fall a division. However, you can’t fall out of a league until the end of a season when the entire division 5 drops a league and the entire division 1 rises with the obvious exception of kyber.

    Therefore it is possible though unlikely in the first season for a player in kyber 1 to drop out of kyber entirely. The reason this is unlikely is in there final week they’d be in division 2 at worst and would have a range of opponents from 5.6ish million and up while being greater than 7.26 million. It’s unclear how your skill rating effects matchups within a division.

    Edit: this assumes I read it and understand it correctly now.


    It's even more than that because the player population is not balanced. Each leagues won't have the same amount of players at the start.

    This is the repartition i have found from MaruMaru in another thread :
    d8w7vmhdkjuc.jpg

    this is dated a little bit, but lets say you have 150k in div 1, 10% is leaving, that's -15k. And 10% from div 2 move up. that's +5k. You have a net loss of -10k in the top. On the opposite end, in div 11, 1k will move up, and 1,5k will move down. You have a net gain of 500. This trend will continue until all divisions have the same numbers. But it also means that each divisions will get in average higher GP because people from the top will keep coming down.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    Drathuk916 wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Nauros wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    ShaggyB wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    ShaggyB wrote: »
    NicWester wrote: »
    I feel like the folks who say this is going to reduce income across the board are letting slip their chat status. Practically speaking, the maximum number of players per arena shard that could get first place in a day was 24. If you think 24 players (maximum) represent the experience of the rest of the player base then you're pretty out of touch. You weren't earning your crystals, you were part of a cartel that conspired to keep the crystals in their little group.

    For the rest of us, just being in Carbonite 1 is going to give as many daily crystals as we already get.

    So saying that everyone is going to suffer doesn't hold up to scrutiny. The 1% is going to suffer and the rest of us are going to get an increase based on what we deserve, so........

    Sucks to be you. Get good at Grand Arena.

    You do understand there are multiple arena shards, with new ones popping up all the time right.

    You do not like shard chats.... but a newer player that gets #1 because they have the best team in their newer created shard arena will be getting the shaft with this.

    Its always bad to take something from players, its never bad to add something.

    From the discussion we had, there are some cases where it's a decrease, but overall it's an increase.

    When looking at new shards which have the largest active population, this is a blessing, as many of them are averaging a very low income, compared to the average in the new system.

    Perhaps a better explaination is needed. The way im reading it newer players (lvl 85) are going to not be anywhere near kyber payouts.

    Initial gp will lock them in low. Skill will grow them some, but id think that #1 player with a low gp wont be clearing 500 a day

    Yes a small % of players will see lower income, in the situation your are stating.

    Are you sure it will be a small %? If skill rating is all that matters, then new players will eventually hit a wall where they can't win because the high leagues are populated by veterans. Unless they heed Carrie's infamous tweet about catching up, of course...

    Yes I am sure.

    Where do you predict this wall will be?

    My prediction is you can neither fall or climb more than 3 divisions from wherever you are initially placed. I think gac lovers are missing the overall downside for them. Eventually they’ll end up in a space where three matches they can’t lose based on their and their opponents rosters. Three they can’t win, and six where their skill might let them overcome their opponents advantage or their opponent has the skill to overcome theirs.

    This seems to me to be a net loss from a gameplay perspective for those that enjoyed gac and were going 10-2 or better each time.

    From a crystal perspective, most will see an increase sure, but the longer you’ve played the higher your income and the easier it will be to progress. The shorter your play time you’re less likely to see an increase in crystal income but even if you do it’ll be less so it will be harder to increase your income than under the old SA model.

    But once again the effect on current players is immaterial. A new player is now seeing a crystal income max that is smaller and therefore has less reason to whale. So while I believe the majority of players will eventually see this as a net positive for their crystal income, I also see it being harder for cg to acquire new spenders to replace retiring spenders.

    I am not a GAC fan.

    We also dont know the exact way this is going to be measured, and likely never will, but we should all realize that it doesnt need to be a 1 for 1 win to loss, they can be waited differently.

    Why would a new player see less income? You mean the top 50 on a shard may be seeing less income, what about the other few hundred that we locked in at 50?

    Will some, yes. Will investing in the game if they choose to still have a benefit, yes. In fact it will be a longer term benefit than arena with a rolling meta. A top end team can be surpassed multiple times in a GAC roster and still be relevant in the game mode.

    I am not a fan of the change or GAC, but there are some big benefits to the player base as a whole.

    But how do we know it a benefit to the player base as a whole?
    It was easy for players with 4 m Gp to unlock character in conquest so now that is super grindy.
    It was possible to counter GL with non GL Toons that was easier to get for f2p players so that was nerfed.
    It was a good way to get resources by staying ahead of the curve in squad arena so that was nuked.

    The game is fun because it’s a challenge, to find a good strategy that makes you successful. But what you have done the last six months is to take away the possibility to find a good strategy. If we win you will just change the rules so that we loose.
    Apparently you think cooperation in squad arena is cheating but to change the game mechanics is not cheating?
  • What I sent:

    I'm sure this complaint, like every ticket I have opened, will fall on deaf ears. However, here it goes. Taking crystals out of daily arena for GAC, which the majority of your patrons consider a joke of the game, is a failure on CGs part. It is a huge mistake. We are seeing long term players quit the game because of your continued poor decisions. Your customer service stinks. There is no one to call live. You will never get a supervisor. No matter what you try with GAC, it will still remain unbalanced. And now telling your loyal players, your customers, that you are removing crystals from daily arena, is a slap in our faces stinking of greed on CGs part. Your f2p game has now had its final nail in its proverbial coffin. The only significant way for people to seriously advance will be by becoming a p2p player. All you're telling us now is that is all CG cares about, ie is how much $$$s we players spend. You are no better than what Kabam did. Recall them? They went under with their greed, closed out several games and killed the atmosphere to ****, now owned by yet a third company. They ruined the game's platform with bad changes all geared around them making $$$s. This is what you people are doing here. If any of you are on discord or Facebook groups, watch how irate the chat is over this poorly thought out move on your part. GAC was a poorly thought out, grossly mismatched portion of this game,and your "new" changes will never correct that. Think about your customers!

    I'm FTP and I love the changes, my crystal income looks like it will increase dramatically. The table they used shows my average crystals now is 130 (correct) and the new average will be 380 crystals.
  • God. So during the second season, those who promote from aurodium will face off against each other having a range of 4.6-5.6 million gp. If you promote up to division four than 90%plus of your potential opponents will definitely have more gp than you with them possibly being a multi million gp advantage. If you don’t promote only 10% is guaranteed to have more than you but you’ve remained in a division that gets demoted and replaced the top ten percent with players guaranteed to have more gp though not necessarily better or more engaged players than the ones who’ve just promoted. At a minimum 60 percent of players who promote from aurodium will be demoted back each season and likely significantly more.
  • What is being done to improve the detection of cheating?
    GAC being the primary source of crystals will allow for another wave of cheaters.
  • MemeMaster wrote: »
    I am very worried about the new "Skill-based" matchmaking. Those systems usually have a very hard focus on making you be as close to a 50% winrate as possible. Measuring skill by wins/losses is a sure way to give people even worse, even more impossible match-ups they absolutely cannot win, assuming that the GP limitations for pools are going to be taken away in exchange.

    Having 3 wins as a 3 million GP player and being matched against someone with 8 million GP for having 3 losses so to "balance" the wins and losses of each respective player is a very toxic and inherently terrible design that punishes you for being good and rewards you for being bad via a penalty system that isn't even intentional. A natural side-effect of win/loss matchmaking design that no game to date has ever successfully managed to deal with. The best example to that is how League of Legends designs their ranked matches. If you win a couple times, you get worse allies and stronger enemies just to push you back down into a loss.

    You won't get matched against an 8mil account if you're at 3mil straight away because you only battle people in your league/division. The top and bottom 10% will move up and down respectively but that won't happen quickly
  • LukeDukem8 wrote: »
    sloweagle wrote: »
    People who love GAC and think the change is good are missing a simple reasoning, in the past, skills in not in matchmaking, so whatever matchmaking, people with better skills always have an edge, and personally I enjoying beating a stronger rosters with better skills. But going forward , some kinda of skills will be factored into the matchmaking, that edge will be gone.

    Mathematically, it simply means moving everyone’s record closer to 6-6. Those 12-0,11-1,10-2, 0-12, 1-11, 2-10 will be increasingly less. So if you are a GAC lover with consistently 10-2 or better record, watching out. It is really simple math.

    This is correct.

    People who get 10-2 today will need to work their tail off tomorrow to go 6-6.

    Grand Arena will be more of a chore than Conquest.

    and they will still get more cc income than placing 1 shard arena.

    I would rather have lower rewards and better matchmaking.

    I fully admit this system will give me much better rewards (I get #1 in arena daily), but the idea of moving up the ladder just to face people with millions more GP is sickening.

    Every single GAC match is winnable unless you completely bloated your roster.

    This will not be the case soon.

    Some one is confident that no one with a lower GP will ever beat them...
  • ToJ85 wrote: »
    Drathuk916 wrote: »
    I completely misread this and yikes it changes my view. So each week represents an event. After each event you can rise or fall a division. However, you can’t fall out of a league until the end of a season when the entire division 5 drops a league and the entire division 1 rises with the obvious exception of kyber.

    Therefore it is possible though unlikely in the first season for a player in kyber 1 to drop out of kyber entirely. The reason this is unlikely is in there final week they’d be in division 2 at worst and would have a range of opponents from 5.6ish million and up while being greater than 7.26 million. It’s unclear how your skill rating effects matchups within a division.

    Edit: this assumes I read it and understand it correctly now.


    It's even more than that because the player population is not balanced. Each leagues won't have the same amount of players at the start.

    This is the repartition i have found from MaruMaru in another thread :
    d8w7vmhdkjuc.jpg

    this is dated a little bit, but lets say you have 150k in div 1, 10% is leaving, that's -15k. And 10% from div 2 move up. that's +5k. You have a net loss of -10k in the top. On the opposite end, in div 11, 1k will move up, and 1,5k will move down. You have a net gain of 500. This trend will continue until all divisions have the same numbers. But it also means that each divisions will get in average higher GP because people from the top will keep coming down.

    You have to use that table with old gp numbers for divisions. I think taliana stopped tracking afterwards. That div 1 is 4.5m+
  • ToJ85 wrote: »
    Drathuk916 wrote: »
    I completely misread this and yikes it changes my view. So each week represents an event. After each event you can rise or fall a division. However, you can’t fall out of a league until the end of a season when the entire division 5 drops a league and the entire division 1 rises with the obvious exception of kyber.

    Therefore it is possible though unlikely in the first season for a player in kyber 1 to drop out of kyber entirely. The reason this is unlikely is in there final week they’d be in division 2 at worst and would have a range of opponents from 5.6ish million and up while being greater than 7.26 million. It’s unclear how your skill rating effects matchups within a division.

    Edit: this assumes I read it and understand it correctly now.


    It's even more than that because the player population is not balanced. Each leagues won't have the same amount of players at the start.

    This is the repartition i have found from MaruMaru in another thread :
    d8w7vmhdkjuc.jpg

    this is dated a little bit, but lets say you have 150k in div 1, 10% is leaving, that's -15k. And 10% from div 2 move up. that's +5k. You have a net loss of -10k in the top. On the opposite end, in div 11, 1k will move up, and 1,5k will move down. You have a net gain of 500. This trend will continue until all divisions have the same numbers. But it also means that each divisions will get in average higher GP because people from the top will keep coming down.

    Newer one with current gp divisions.

    https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/p5moxi/gac_playerbase_survey_were_not_dead_yet_and_new/
  • MaruMaru wrote: »
    You have to use that table with old gp numbers for divisions. I think taliana stopped tracking afterwards. That div 1 is 4.5m+

    Yes, you are absolutelly right. this data is almost 1 year old now, and doesn't show exactly the same brakets as we have now. But it does show an aging player base and a trend that have few new / lower GP players compared to older/high GP players. I would love to get the actual numbers but i do not know how to get them :(
  • Please don't remove the shard rewards for squad arena. I gain 75 per day off of that and it is very helpful. Or at least find a way to give us shard generation elsewhere.
  • Starslayer wrote: »
    Just realised that the skill system will only account victories, if i understood correctly. So no need to full clear to score high, so no need to play offense.

    I see walls of GLs in my future.

    I hope I see a wall of GLs in my future. I have never lost to someone that went all in on defense.

    I hope not, but not because I won't win. It's just less pleasant to play against. On top of that, if playing defense is the way to go, I'll be very tented to do it, even if it means the attack phase will be even less pleasant.
  • In kyber 1, 7M5 gp can possibly face 10M gp in first occurence of the next gac ?
  • Jos33680 wrote: »
    In kyber 1, 7M5 gp can possibly face 10M gp in first occurence of the next gac ?

    7.5m-10m certainly looks possible (unless the first matchups are done purely on gp and not randomly)
Sign In or Register to comment.