Prev13
CG_Doja_Fett_MINI
520 posts EA Community Manager
edited November 2021
CHANGES MARKED IN GREEN

UNIT NAME: Qui-Gon Jinn
ALIGNMENT: Light Side
CATEGORIES: Light Side, Galactic Republic, Jedi, Leader, Support
Versatile attacker focused on generating extra attacks.

Basic: QUICK STRIKE

FINAL TEXT: Deal Physical damage to target enemy with a 65% chance to gain 30% Turn Meter and a 65% chance to remove 30% of the target's Turn Meter.

Special 1: HARMONIOUS ASSAULT (Cooldown 2)

FINAL TEXT: Deal Special damage to target enemy and call an ally to Assist. The Assisting ally deals 75% more damage and recovers 20% of their Max Health.

Special 2: HUMBLING BLOW (Cooldown 3)

FINAL TEXT: Deal Special damage to target enemy and remove all positive status effects. If an effect is dispelled, all allies gain Offense Up for 3 turns.

Leader - AGILITY TRAINING
Old Final Text (ZETA): Jedi allies have +30 Speed, gain Offense equal to 3 times their Speed, and gain Foresight for 2 turns at the start of each encounter and whenever any unit is defeated.

New Final Text (ZETA/OMICRON): Jedi allies have +30 Speed, gain Offense equal to 3 times their Speed, and gain Foresight for 2 turns at the start of each encounter and whenever any unit is defeated.

While in Grand Arenas: Jedi allies instead gain Offense equal to 30 times their Speed, doubled while they have Foresight. At the start of battle if there are no Galactic Legends and all allies are Jedi, Jedi allies can't be defeated if Qui-Gon Jinn is active. Qui-Gon Jinn can't gain Damage Immunity or Stealth and he can't be revived. When Qui-Gon Jinn is defeated, all Jedi allies recover 100% Health and Protection and gain 400% of Qui-Gon-Jinn's Offense for 2 turns.
Post edited by CG_Doja_Fett_MINI on

Replies

• Cool.
  • CHANGES MARKED IN GREEN

FINAL TEXT: Deal Physical damage to target enemy with a 65% chance to gain 30% Turn Meter and a 65% chance to remove 30% of the target's Turn Meter.

FINAL TEXT: Deal Special damage to target enemy and call an ally to Assist. The Assisting ally deals 75% more damage and recovers 20% of their Max Health.

FINAL TEXT: Deal Special damage to target enemy and remove all positive status effects. If an effect is dispelled, all allies gain Offense Up for 3 turns.

Old Final Text (ZETA): Jedi allies have +30 Speed, gain Offense equal to 3 times their Speed, and gain Foresight for 2 turns at the start of each encounter and whenever any unit is defeated.

New Final Text (ZETA/OMICRON): Jedi allies have +30 Speed, gain Offense equal to 3 times their Speed, and gain Foresight for 2 turns at the start of each encounter and whenever any unit is defeated.

While in Grand Arenas: Jedi allies instead gain Offense equal to 30 times their Speed, doubled while they have Foresight. At the start of battle if there are no Galactic Legends and all allies are Jedi, Jedi allies can't be defeated if Qui-Gon Jinn is active. Qui-Gon Jinn can't gain Damage Immunity or Stealth and he can't be revived. When Qui-Gon Jinn is defeated, all Jedi allies recover 100% Health and Protection and gain 400% of Qui-Gon-Jinn's Offense for 2 turns.

The leak was real
  • SemiGod wrote: »
    CHANGES MARKED IN GREEN

The leak was real

Yup.

Also… why quote the entire thing?
  • So this doesn't work against GLs?
  • rocket1420 wrote: »
    So this doesn't work against GLs?

The offense increase equal to speed does, but the rest doesn’t
    3v3 FTW
  • So does the 400% offense refer to the base offense, or the 30xspeed offense?
  • Does no GLs just mean your side of the field, or could if there's an enemy GL does it instanerf this?
  • Sithlords_Inc
    384 posts Member
    edited November 2021
    Imagine this with KAM and JKA. Once you kill QGj JKA goes nuts and oneshots your entire team 💀

Think I know what my first omicron will be
  • mesa176750 wrote: »
    So does the 400% offense refer to the base offense, or the 30xspeed offense?

400% of QGJ’s Offense. Whether that’s base or total (ie including his own +30*Speed and other buffs like KAM) I’m not sure.
  • Starslayer
    2413 posts Member
    edited November 2021
    Sooo... jedi allies gain 400% of QGJ offense after counting all the offense bonuses that he received ? For instance, my poorly modded R3 QGJ with 270 speed and 4,300 offense will get +30 speed from lead, so 300, which will translate to 300x3= 9,000 offense for a grand total of 13,300 offense (22,300 when he has Foresight btw), and upon his sacrifice jedi allies will gain 13,300x4 so 53,200 offense for 2 turns ?

Not bad.
  • Leak was real wow.
  • rocket1420 wrote: »

I think it will, it doesnt say it wont and its not some kind of debuff, the actual toon is getting that much offense.
  • @CG_Doja_Fett_MINI , does the if-no-GL portion of the Omicron activate if there’s an enemy GL?

Also, is the 400% of QGJ’s Offense his base Offense (pre-battle but with Mods) or whatever his current Offense is (factoring in his own Lead and any other buffs)?

How does his “can’t be defeated” work with JKR’s Savior? It seems like Jedi will just drop to 1 Health.
  • DarthGrff wrote: »
    rocket1420 wrote: »

I think it will, it doesnt say it wont and its not some kind of debuff, the actual toon is getting that much offense.

"At the start of battle if there are no Galactic Legends"
  • I think it means no GL on the field. CG is very specific when it comes to making non-GL interactions, so if it only were an ally GL, they would have written "No Ally GL"

Also, it will be whatever his offense is at the time of his death. Fives' Sacrifice works the exact same way, he gives his other allies 100% of the stats he had at the moment of his death. So for QGJ, it is whatever his Offense was when he died. If he died with Offense Up, that's some fat damage other Jedi get for 2 turns.
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    From the way it reads, if enemy has a GL, then the rest of the ability doesn't apply

Meaning, easiest way to take out a QGJ team on defense is to use a GL
  • Xcien
    2436 posts Member
    This is terrifying. JKA + QGJ will be very interesting on defense for GAC.
    I've found this whole experience to be very enlightening.

Thank you for evaluating. Your feedback is appreciated.
  • Doesn't this seem like ... way, way too strong?
  • Someone help me with the math.

Offence at 30 times the speed. If we are at 300 speed are we saying that's 3000 extra offence?

And when we have foresight that's doubled.

So would be 6000 extra offence?

Or 60 times the speed I.e 60*300 making 18000.

Anyway. What a omicron!
  • What it feels like when reading the Omicron ability.

57omr10d3kxz.png

• So JKR savior should still work, right?

“While in Grand Arenas: Jedi allies instead gain Offense equal to 30 times their Speed, doubled while they have Foresight. At the start of battle if there are no Galactic Legends and all allies are Jedi, Jedi allies can't be defeated if Qui-Gon Jinn is active. Qui-Gon Jinn can't gain Damage Immunity or Stealth and he can't be revived. When Qui-Gon Jinn is defeated, all Jedi allies recover 100% Health and Protection and gain 400% of Qui-Gon-Jinn's Offense for 2 turns.”
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    Someone help me with the math.

Offence at 30 times the speed. If we are at 300 speed are we saying that's 3000 extra offence?

Anyway. What a omicron!

30 * 300 = 9k offense

+18k offense with foresight
  • Monel
    2776 posts Member
    Maybe KAM finally has a home on this GAC team!
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    Byrdka wrote: »
    So JKR savior should still work, right?

“While in Grand Arenas: Jedi allies instead gain Offense equal to 30 times their Speed, doubled while they have Foresight. At the start of battle if there are no Galactic Legends and all allies are Jedi, Jedi allies can't be defeated if Qui-Gon Jinn is active. Qui-Gon Jinn can't gain Damage Immunity or Stealth and he can't be revived. When Qui-Gon Jinn is defeated, all Jedi allies recover 100% Health and Protection and gain 400% of Qui-Gon-Jinn's Offense for 2 turns.”

Savior triggers at a jedi ally reaching 1% ally first, if QGJ is the lead, other Jedi can drop to 1% health but cannot be defeated, so its possible for other Jedi's to proc savior before QGJ does

Savior can proc for QGJ if they target QGJ heavily but not other Jedi
  • Ultra wrote: »

Looking at it another way: this is a fantastic way to bait out your opponent's GL on offense by leaving your QGJ team on defense. Very useful for players with fewer GPs than their opponents.

Anyway. What a omicron!

30 * 300 = 9k offense

What is the best way for a Jedi team to get foresight? GMY?
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    Celoth wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »

Looking at it another way: this is a fantastic way to bait out your opponent's GL on offense by leaving your QGJ team on defense. Very useful for players with fewer GPs than their opponents.

Also, you can set JML to make GL counters a lot more difficult
  • "At the start of battle if there are no Galactic Legends and all allies are Jedi, Jedi allies can't be defeated if Qui-Gon Jinn is active."

I thought the devs would know the difference between "allies" and "other allies". As it currently stands the only way to beat an omi QGJ would be to bring a GL and deny the omi ability because otherwise you have an immortal team.
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg

• What is the best way for a Jedi team to get foresight? GMY?

Also hermit yoda.

Anyway. What a omicron!

30 * 300 = 9k offense

What is the best way for a Jedi team to get foresight? GMY?

QGJ lead gives foresight up for 2 turns at the start of each encounter when zeta'd