Omicron Ability Update: Qui-Gon Jinn

Replies

• JKA under new QGJ would be very nasty
  • In GA the original text of the zeta ability (beginning with foresight and gaining it whenever an ally dies)… still applies or the Omicron, when you use QGJ in GA, erases the original zeta function?
  • What is the best way for a Jedi team to get foresight? GMY?[/quote]

And kanan. Even if all Jedi leftover trash are at G12 (except +R5 GMY), Qui lead with Yoda (+300 speed), bastila, kanan, Jolee will be a nightmare. At start all gain foresight. GMY now has +18,000 offense. My R5 GMY basic is 5757 and special is 9792. use basic or first special. Bast gives GMY a turn + offense up, speed up etc. GMY spreads it around and takes a turn. Jolee passes to GMY. another one shot kill. If enemy dispelled foresight, Kanan will give it to target ally (GMY). If the resr have 220 speed each, they gain +13000 offense under foresight.

There is no need to break JKA from padme squad or break a JKL squad. Especially if you have CAT since GR can take out GMK or other strong teams with CAT...

Leftover non relic jedi (except Yoda) will suffice for offense or defense. KAM will probably work if you have him but I'm not familiar with his kit.

Leave this squad on defense and a GL will be needed. if you have less GLs than opponent this is you way to force his GLs on offense. If he leaves his on defense, and you have Qui Gon bottom front wall, likely he won't clear it. If your ships are better and hold your Wesker roster can still win if you play your offense right..

All the new toons and omi GAC abilities seem to equalize the battlefield. If they don't beat a GL (like Kyle under MM vs Rey or Maul with mandalorians + wat against SEE or GAS - doable but RNG and mod dependent), they at least force opponent GLs to stay on offense...

Will be interesting what happens. I think most have qui gon at G12 min and leftover Jedi. Now if we all leave him on bottom front wall, will new GAV still be fun?
  • RTS
    682 posts Member
    Think about this for 3V3:

QGJ
    GK
    Barriss

Every time you take a shot at QGJ GK is going to taunt.
    You can't kill GK while QGJ is on the field.
    If you crit GK Barriss' unique will throw a heal, and she (and GK) will both cleanse.
    And if you DO manage to get GK/QGJ low on health she equalizes and heals.
  • RTS wrote: »
    Think about this for 3V3:

QGJ
    GK
    Barriss

Every time you take a shot at QGJ GK is going to taunt.
    You can't kill GK while QGJ is on the field.
    If you crit GK Barriss' unique will throw a heal, and she (and GK) will both cleanse.
    And if you DO manage to get GK/QGJ low on health she equalizes and heals.

Unless you bring bossk, Mando, and greef. mando will 1 shot QGJ or GK (I think his ability ignores QGJ can't be killed mechanism). Still might require 2 teams since QGI will give +400% offense on his death…
  • E3P0
    109 posts Member
    SemiGod wrote: »
    The leak was real

So now the question is, how hard of a smackdown is that beta tester going to get? I assume they all sign legally binding NDAs, so that person could be in real trouble.
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    Ultra wrote: »
    Someone help me with the math.

Offence at 30 times the speed. If we are at 300 speed are we saying that's 3000 extra offence?

And when we have foresight that's doubled.

So would be 6000 extra offence?

Or 60 times the speed I.e 60*300 making 18000.

Anyway. What a omicron!

30 * 300 = 9k offense

+18k offense with foresight

What is the best way for a Jedi team to get foresight? GMY?

QGJ's leader zeta, which you need to equip the omicron, gives foresight at the start of the encounter and whenever any ally or enemy is defeated. Given the extra offense, enemy defeats should come often with the right jedi squad, assuming you've modded for speed.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • Phoenixeon
    1842 posts Member
    edited December 2021
    What is the best way for a Jedi team to get foresight? GMY?

And kanan. Even if all Jedi leftover trash are at G12 (except +R5 GMY), Qui lead with Yoda (+300 speed), bastila, kanan, Jolee will be a nightmare. At start all gain foresight. GMY now has +18,000 offense. My R5 GMY basic is 5757 and special is 9792. use basic or first special. Bast gives GMY a turn + offense up, speed up etc. GMY spreads it around and takes a turn. Jolee passes to GMY. another one shot kill. If enemy dispelled foresight, Kanan will give it to target ally (GMY). If the resr have 220 speed each, they gain +13000 offense under foresight.

Hera will get an omnicron so kanan might be used somewhere else.
    Oh yeah but this is really amazing for some benched jedi.
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    Padawan wrote: »
    In GA the original text of the zeta ability (beginning with foresight and gaining it whenever an ally dies)… still applies or the Omicron, when you use QGJ in GA, erases the original zeta function?

No. This is on top of what the lead previously does
  • Akenno
    538 posts Member
    edited December 2021
    QGJ Lead
    Zarriss
    GK
    GMY
    KAM

What an insane non GL team!
    KAM will hit hard.
  • Ultra wrote: »
    From the way it reads, if enemy has a GL, then the rest of the ability doesn't apply

Meaning, easiest way to take out a QGJ team on defense is to use a GL

On one hand, it's crap that they make him easier to defeat by using a GL when GLs are more powerful anyway.

On the other hand, it kind of forces your opponent to burn a GL against a QGJ squad :)
  • Well that's exactly the point it should stop people putting GLs on defence incase they find a QGJ on the backwall
  • Ultra wrote: »
    From the way it reads, if enemy has a GL, then the rest of the ability doesn't apply

Meaning, easiest way to take out a QGJ team on defense is to use a GL

On one hand, it's crap that they make him easier to defeat by using a GL when GLs are more powerful anyway.

On the other hand, it kind of forces your opponent to burn a GL against a QGJ squad :)

with this Omni he isn't just a QGJ pushover anymore, He is the Hulk version of de QGJ and he is angry :D
  • “While in Grand Arenas: Jedi allies instead gain Offense equal to 30 times their Speed, doubled while they have Foresight. At the start of battle if there are no Galactic Legends and all allies are Jedi, Jedi allies can't be defeated if Qui-Gon Jinn is active. Qui-Gon Jinn can't gain Damage Immunity or Stealth and he can't be revived. When Qui-Gon Jinn is defeated, all Jedi allies recover 100% Health and Protection and gain 400% of Qui-Gon-Jinn's Offense for 2 turns.”

SO if you want to use a GL bring in a fast one and get that offense bonus, then all the rest of the stuff doesnt apply, but if youll get a huge offense bonus on your GL....example 560 Speed GL x 30 omi bonus = 16800 bonus offense...who gives an ____ about the rest when JML or Kenobi has 16800 extra offense. Super tanky JML, super fast, now with huge offense? Ouch good luck.
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    QGJ was my first zeta upgrade way back when Zetas were introduced, looks like he'll be my first Omicron now too.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • AresNO
    33 posts Member
    edited December 2021
    In GA the original text of the zeta ability (beginning with foresight and gaining it whenever an ally dies)… still applies or the Omicron, when you use QGJ in GA, erases the original zeta function?

Are you sure ? It says "jedi allies instead gain..."
  • Wow, it sounds like Ki-Adi Mundi, and any galactic republic Jedi healers or supports with him, would decimate enemies under Qui-Gon.
  • Are they going to update the text to say "other jedi allies" instead of" jedi allies". Because as it stands the team can't be killed. You can't kill any jedi allies while QGJ is active and they've previously stated that unless it states otherwise you're considered an ally of yourself
  • AresNO wrote: »

That's just replacing the "3 times their speed" with "30 times their speed". Everything else in the lead stays the same - the +30 speed and foresight on death, in addition to the new omicron stuff.
  • AresNO wrote: »

That's just replacing the "3 times their speed" with "30 times their speed". Everything else in the lead stays the same - the +30 speed and foresight on death, in addition to the new omicron stuff.

Ok, makes sense :)
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    edited December 2021
    A few days in and the text still falsely says "jedi allies". Even if they were not aware of it when I posted my comment here (wouldn't be surprised if they got me on their block list) they should be by now since it got brought up at the Q&A as a side note and Crumb took notice.

They can't even edit in 1 word ("other") into this kit update post. Takes like 5 seconds. Just wow.
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg

• What is the best way for a Jedi team to get foresight? GMY?

Also hermit yoda.

Hermit Yoda stops some of Kam's synergy.that matter?
  • May have missed something, but won't troopers be able to counter this?
    My discord - BabyYoda#4470 My swgoh.gg - https://swgoh.gg/p/648565123/
  • Starslayer
    2413 posts Member
    edited December 2021
    May have missed something, but won't troopers be able to counter this?

I think so too, but you need to stun jka to avoid a deadly bonus turn, and you start with a 40 speed deficit comparing veers lead to qgj+kam. And if you don’t go first, the first few hits could inflict some serious pain with a +8000 bonus offense(+16000 if yoda spreads foresight).
  • Thx for the above points. Who do you think I should sub in for JKA on a Padmé team?

swgoh.gg/p/648565123/
    My discord - BabyYoda#4470 My swgoh.gg - https://swgoh.gg/p/648565123/
  • Remember that QGJ gives foresight at the start of the battle, too.

And can Daze stop Bonus Turns? Stun/Fear can but I’m not sure about Daze.
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    Troopers might still be able to counter the entire team even with the offense boost to JKA, but without JKA, the QGJ omicron does nothing vs troopers