Shallow Shipments

Prev1
As of right now Sid is the must have in arena shipments & Lumin is the must have in Galactic shipments, Cantina shipments are the hardest ones to farm & strangely the most shallow of the bunch (I personally think the best character is Daka for PVE purposes) but every single one of the shipments are lacking diversity, I think the devs should add 2-3 new characters to each shipment as soon as possible. People scream OP not because characters are actually OP but because there is one character in each shipment that stands out & is a must have (Sid & Lumi) If players had more variety everyone wouldnt be farming the same 2 characters.

Replies

• Or you could just choose any hero you want and farm them.

To any new players, you don't have to use Sidious and Luminara. You can still compete in Arena to a high standard using almost any of the farmable heroes.

I'm really sick of the same Sid, Luminara, Jedi C, Chewie, Dooku teams. It's boring and usually very, very easy to beat.
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • +1
    If they added Leia/Lando/Qui-Gon to the shipments people wouldn't only use Sid and Lumi
  • Or you could just choose any hero you want and farm them.

To any new players, you don't have to use Sidious and Luminara. You can still compete in Arena to a high standard using almost any of the farmable heroes.

I'm really sick of the same Sid, Luminara, Jedi C, Chewie, Dooku teams. It's boring and usually very, very easy to beat.

No other characters should be farmed in arena before Sidious. & no other characters should be farmed before lumi. thats the Jedi Destroyer & the Master Healer (best healer & she hits like a truck) yes you can choose any hero you want thats not the problem, the difference in usefulness is, no character is as usefull as sid in arena shipments & no character is as useful as lumi not even phasma. The shipments require more useful characters, theres a certain nostalgia when picking characters you want but when it comes to team building, after sid, & Lumi its gonna be tough choices
  • pay2win wrote: »
    +1
    If they added Leia/Lando/Qui-Gon to the shipments people wouldn't only use Sid and Lumi

Agreed. But my thing is if they added ANYONE good. Not just those 3 they should add 2 characters to each shipment periodically.

• In Arena you've got two different droids if you want a Droid team, Admiral Ackbar, Stormtrooper Han, Savage Opress and Eeth Koth, all are very useful heroes.

I do think Galactic War Shipments need more or new heroes though as the only heroes I'd consider using are Luminara (Yes, I'm guilty too. HYPOCRITE!) and Captain Phasma. But if you're into droids then there's 86 and Poggle.
  • @AbysmalDarkside
    The first hero I'm farming from Arena is Asajj, then Savage second. Then after that I'll probably save my tokens for new heroes that are added or maybe get Ackbar. I'll probably never have Sid unless I get a data card pull.
  • In Arena you've got two different droids if you want a Droid team, Admiral Ackbar, Stormtrooper Han, Savage Opress and Eeth Koth, all are very useful heroes.

I do think Galactic War Shipments need more or new heroes though as the only heroes I'd consider using are Luminara (Yes, I'm guilty too. HYPOCRITE!) and Captain Phasma. But if you're into droids then there's 86 and Poggle.

EHHH My thing with the droids is the low health.. Savage Opress or 88 was gonna be my next choice in Arena after I max sid, I was also looking at ackbar but his healing 5% per negative effect is pretty trash. I have Poggle (Bronzium Pull) & have been curious to add him to my team seeing as his buff makes everyone a powerhouse, after Sidious & Lumi there are no standouts though, there are no characters that make me go wow that characters beast. I actually been going for sid since the first day this game dropped, I had to have sidious on the squad man, I did want savage but for a fact savage is no sidious

• @AbysmalDarkside
    The first hero I'm farming from Arena is Asajj, then Savage second. Then after that I'll probably save my tokens for new heroes that are added or maybe get Ackbar. I'll probably never have Sid unless I get a data card pull.

I havent yet made up my mind about who im going for next, One thing I do know eventually Dooku, Fives, & Daka are getting replaced by most likely arena shipment characters im always in the top 200 at the very least so getting shards from arena shipments are a piece of cake. & imo Arena shipment characters are the easiest & most consistent characters to star up as opposed to shard farming in missions or cantina which takes too long.
  • I'm not saying I like the droids, I'm just saying that new players shouldn't feel they have to have X, Y, Z.

With the constant buffs and nerfs that will be happening Sidious might be terrible tomorrow, you never know. If enough people scream he's OP (he isnt) then he'll just be nerfed to oblivion anyway.

To make a balanced roster they will eventually have to either A, release new, more powerful heroes or B, nerf Sidious or C, buff other heroes. Otherwise it's going to be the same cookie cutter team everywhere (like it almost is now).
  • I'm not saying I like the droids, I'm just saying that new players shouldn't feel they have to have X, Y, Z.

With the constant buffs and nerfs that will be happening Sidious might be terrible tomorrow, you never know. If enough people scream he's OP (he isnt) then he'll just be nerfed to oblivion anyway.

To make a balanced roster they will eventually have to either A, release new, more powerful heroes or B, nerf Sidious or C, buff other heroes. Otherwise it's going to be the same cookie cutter team everywhere (like it almost is now).

I very much agree, Thats the point im trying to make they made it that way, they made Sidious & Lumi must haves, thats my point I want there to be options, ill even take a buff of other arena characters, but adding new characters would be nice but as of right now since lumi & sid both standout when compared to the weaker characters available in shipments they are must haves

• Yeah, I agree to any improvements to the game too.

What I was trying to say was that just because Sidious and Luminara are 'must haves' doesn't mean you MUST HAVE them. You can still create a great squad with other heroes.

But I'm 100% for adding new and more heroes to all shipments.
  • Yeah, I agree to any improvements to the game too.

What I was trying to say was that just because Sidious and Luminara are 'must haves' doesn't mean you MUST HAVE them. You can still create a great squad with other heroes.

But I'm 100% for adding new and more heroes to all shipments.

I only say must have because they're so much better then the other choices but I agree aswell you're free to build as you like just wish there were other powerful options not just one staple

• Yeah the reason everyone has Sid and Luminara are because they are easily available and can be readily powered up.
  • MackemSLAM wrote: »
    Yeah the reason everyone has Sid and Luminara are because they are easily available and can be readily powered up.

This.

As time moves on the arena will begin to diversify. All it takes is a few people experimenting and reporting solid results to open some minds. Also hopefully we will keep moving towards a Rock Paper Scissors style with balance and trade offs that matter. I know it'll never be perfect but steps in that direction are good.

Also, I know it's a pipe dream but gear customization would rock also.
    Yeah the reason everyone has Sid and Luminara are because they are easily available and can be readily powered up.

Exactly. They aren't themselves must haves, they are great sure but teams can easily survive without their use. Sideous for example, his usefulness decreases dramatically if the other team has no healers, there are plenty who hit harder and also use AoEs, HK47 for example.

Most people however use healers, but that doesn't make Sideous OP, just that the heal to hp ratio is substantially high. If the % was lowered but everyone's hp pool increased, healing wouldn't be as heavily relied upon, so people would try full attack teams over sustaining teams, and once that happens, Sideous would appear a lot less often for the likes of HK, IG, Savage etc.
  • So i have been doing it wrong? I do have Sid, but no Lum. I decided to level up Phasma. Also I have been using Ahsoka with Sid as her crit% is insane, and I like the heal she can give. Also i have been using the Counselor as he easy to level up(Insane that you can get all but his level 9 head at 53(73? ****).
    Subscribe to my Youtube channel: www.youtube.com/channel/UClZS5GiOkbKp-meIU6vFxow?sub_confirmation=1

https://swgoh.gg/u/tenchi7/
  • Sidious is easy to counter with Luke Skywalker as a leader. Then his healing debuff gets resisted quite often.
  • @Tenchi1969

There is no right or wrong, but in terms of having fun, you'll have more fun experimenting with heroes no one else uses than you will with the SidLumJCChewDoo team. That's for sure.

Imagine a game of poker where everyone has 7 8 9 10 J. Every single match is the same, that's what it's like in arena now. But if you throw away those cards and try a new deal you may get 2 6 Q 4 K or you may get AKQJ10, you'll never know unless you try.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Cantina shipments are the hardest ones to farm & strangely the most shallow of the bunch (I personally think the best character is Daka for PVE purposes)

Funny, I feel like I have too many choices in Cantina and not enough shards to farm them, while it is actually GW that is shallow. I always get 15 shards a day from GW and until the last update the only character I found interesting was Lumi. I was thrilled that Captain Phasma was put in there, but I'll have her 7-starred in maybe 3 weeks and then the tokens will start to stockpile. Nothing else in there is worth spending resources on, at least for me.
    Meanwhile in Cantina you get tokens half as fast even if you replenish energy with crystals, and there are many good characters: Daka, Boba, Fives, Poe, FOO, Ahsoka.
    Remember you can only use 5 at a time, and even in GW, there's a point where more characters doesn't buy you much.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Well I hold my own I think as there is no real time pvp. I do wish we got a message when someone plays you in pvp. Right now I am #50 in PVP with a 16k squad. I play Chewie,Sid, JC, Ahsoka, and Phasma. I do wish we could set a defensive team.
    Subscribe to my Youtube channel: www.youtube.com/channel/UClZS5GiOkbKp-meIU6vFxow?sub_confirmation=1

• In my opinion, most of the best shipments are in Squad Arena and both Cantina and Galactic are pretty lackluster in comparison. They need to spread the wealth and make Cantina shards easier to farm...
  • In my opinion, most of the best shipments are in Squad Arena and both Cantina and Galactic are pretty lackluster in comparison. They need to spread the wealth and make Cantina shards easier to farm...

Just add money @ioniancat21 :)

• Tiggerz
    62 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    I just wish Obi Wan was farmable...

edit: and Cad Bane. And Aayla Secura. And Darth Maul.
  • I can across a Droid team in Arena, with Phasma as lead. Got my **** handed to me and my team was Lumi, Vader, Phasma (lead) JC and Sid. Was nice to see variety. Not nice to see my toons all die so rapidly, but was a good sight to watch the synergy.

Sid and Luminara, good they are, but a team make, they do not. (Said in the voice of the little green muppet)
  • ioniancat21
    2091 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Tenchi1969 wrote: »
    Just add money @ioniancat21 :)

That's the problem!! This game is not like normal games on Android where maybe $10-20 worth of IAP would be fine. In this world, I'd need a $100 crate of crystals just to maybe farm enough shards and parts to make it feel like I'm not a total **** for spending so much for so little...
  • Funny thread. I feel like arena shipments are the most shallow. I don't think anyone except Sid good enough for an arena team that isn't very specialized. Phasma and Lumi are solid picks in GW and Teebo is way under rated because people don't realize how good he is as a leader in Arena defense and GW when you are bringing back a low health toon during a bariss/chewy Health phase. Cantina I want boba, Poe, Fives, and Daka. They all add something different to an arena team. But it takes months to up them to 7* while GW/arena take a month.
  • I went for Savage first in the Arena Shipments. His secondary ability hits pretty hard and grants double damage. I got him up to 6 star and his power level is about 3500 without purple gear. I'm just starting on Sidious. I use Kylo for healing immunity. My team is Chewie, Lum, Kylo, Savage, Fives. And I'm consistently sub 200 in the rankings. Sid is good. But isn't a must have.
  • Pilot
    470 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Sid isnt op on your team in the arena, where sid becomes op is in GW, and when every fight has him. His speed almost ensures that your whole team will be taking a 2-3k aoe with a strong dot. Round after round of this makes him op ro play against. You can never limp into a match with hurt heroes, and if you go in with a fodder group, sids just going to heal from their deaths.
    "There is no 'try'." - Master Yoda

So there's a risk by saying they are the ones to get. Usually, Lumi ir Sid are not ysually my first targers, unless when they are 5* or below. This means they are not the best. I agree Lumi is a master healer, and her special carries punch. And Sid healing immunity and AoE being very nice. But I don't call that OP. They are balanced, work great in any team and are just very usable. But I never win anything due to them. The other three chars must really also shine, otherwise ability block Lumi and Sid for a turn, and you are toast. Taint Aid with immunity block, and he does pretty soon... He is really weak vs for ex. Resistance and droids. He will likely die in the first round vs a good droid team.
  • Tru_Bree11 wrote: »
    I went for Savage first in the Arena Shipments. His secondary ability hits pretty hard and grants double damage. I got him up to 6 star and his power level is about 3500 without purple gear. I'm just starting on Sidious. I use Kylo for healing immunity. My team is Chewie, Lum, Kylo, Savage, Fives. And I'm consistently sub 200 in the rankings. Sid is good. But isn't a must have.

I'd agree. You need an anti-healer but you don't need Sid. Kylo seems to basically be Sid with different synergies. If he was as easily accessable as Sid I'm sure more would go to him.

I never feel like Savage does anything too many whenever I face him in Arena. I'm not sure why that is. I focus out Sid quite often (Luke, Leia, Daka and Maul usually in front of Sid and depending on the team Phasma might get prioritized). Maybe not enough people have him 6*'d and lvl 7 gear.