[MEGA] State of the Galaxy: November 2021

Replies

• Just making sure the Q & A response to cheating was basically they would prefer that we didn't. And they did zero testing on matchmaking but asked several people inside of EA.

Consider all my concerns justified.
  • Again, they should give everyone max crystals until everything is worked out…which will be at least two GAC seasons
  • Starslayer wrote: »
    My main concern isn't "Will it be fair ?" but "Will it be fun ?". I guess we'll know after a couple of GAC, but it should be fine.

The most proper question is rather: "Will it be more fun than current SA? “
    —to which, I'm pretty sure the answet will be yes. Let's face it, current SA with shard mafia, designated precise must-play time each day, same people to battle for the 1000th time, same teams in the top50 to battle for the 1000th time, last minute snipers, always 1 meta to must get... this is really not FUN.

I think most people are only concerned with their crystal income, instead of looking for fun. But this is a game, its supposed to be fun.
  • Starslayer wrote: »
    The guy with 10M, who has spent mountains of cash on this game, has every right to be ranked higher than me (see account below), even if he's an ****.

This is debatable. But new GAC rules closed this debate anyway, so let's move on.

Right you are. It is just my opinion.

Starslayer wrote: »
    My main concern isn't "Will it be fair ?" but "Will it be fun ?". I guess we'll know after a couple of GAC, but it should be fine.

The Good: with "New GAC", you can play SWGoH whenever you want and still chase crystals. It's a major QoL compared to PO constraint. It was stated already by some fellow forumers but shouldn't be overlooked.

I think it will be. The old GAC ranking system was awful, again my opinion, because the MM system meant most matches were not interesting. And if you did get an interesting match, it was nerve racking because once you have one loss in a season, what's the point (assuming Kyber is a lock)? Now, I'm expected to go 6-6 and have exciting matches while doing it. To me, that's more fun.
  • Theoretically here...

If the absolute 100% surefire most SKILLED player this game currently has or will ever have is given a 2.5m GP account we should expect them to be #1 in Kyber, right? If not, why?

Because at some point your roster will out match your skill and that will eventually happen at every level of every division to every player. At some point you will not be able to punch past your GP no matter how skilled you are.
  • Deell
    106 posts Member
    Now fix Fleet Arena.
  • Drathuk916
    624 posts Member
    edited December 2021
    Not commenting on the reward side here but the overall mobility. Once things get sorted and the skill rating system places everyone in their appropriate league/division combo, people will likely only move between three divisions. That’s fine in theory, but this idea that you’ll be able to escape these three divisions and move up just seems far fetched to me until enough people above you retire from the game.

My other concern is related to people who fail to sign up for a week. By giving a grace defeat, instead of full punishment for missing the week, cg has created a potential gaming of the system. It’s unclear with how the ratings work at the moment so there are two possible scenarios. Scenario one, only people who go 3-0 or 0-3 in a week can possibly promote or demote each week. If this is the case then if you are in division 1 or 4 heading into the final week. It might make sense not to sign up for the last week as having an effective record of 0-2 instead of 0-3 means you won’t be demoted to division 2 or division 5 and guarantee you either get promoted or avoid demotion to thr higher/lower league.

Now I’m not convinced it works like that. I think you can be demoted going 1-2 because your losses were against weaker opponents as well as your win. So a person theoretically could go 0-3 against opponents they were supposed to lose to and lose fewer points than the person who went 1-2 against weaker opponents. If this is accurate than not joining for the final week becomes more of a guessing game but securing a promotion or avoiding demotion is still possible. As to whether it all becomes worth it is debatable and not enough information is given out to determine that yet. Namely does league promotion/demotion occur before or after season rewards are dispersed.
  • StewartH wrote: »
    Theoretically here...

If the absolute 100% surefire most SKILLED player this game currently has or will ever have is given a 2.5m GP account we should expect them to be #1 in Kyber, right? If not, why?

Because at some point your roster will out match your skill and that will eventually happen at every level of every division to every player. At some point you will not be able to punch past your GP no matter how skilled you are.

That is correct, what's your point?
  • StewartH wrote: »
    Theoretically here...

There is no right/wrong answer here. Everyone is entitled to their own personal opinion of what they think should determine ranking. CG has decided to make it a combination of player skill AND resources.

If you think there should be a pure skill-based metric, how do propose we do that? Would we give all the players the same roster, mods, etc. I don't personally think that is very interesting. I want to use my roster.

Again, we can all have a preference on how we think this should work. There is no right/wrong here.
  • This change is super anti-monkey.

Thread won.
  • This change is a kick in the teeth to players like me who’ve spent 5-6 years playing a game focused upon the squad arena game mode and crystal income there.

Could you not give us a ramp period? A 3-6 month heads up to adjust our farms?

I just spent the last 4 months, $400 and countless hours (eg on maxing conquest) to get a Lord Vader team for the arena crystal income. It is still 6 weeks away from being finished, and now I will never get to use it for the entire reason I did any of this. I hate GAC. I didn’t get it for that, and I’m likely quitting before ever using this team.

Thanks a lot, CG, for taking a game I loved for the past 5 1/2 years and destroying it for Christmas.

How would your farm have changed?

He wouldn’t have spent the $400 or spent the insane amount of time grinding conquest, because it wouldn’t have mattered in the end.

The issue is you spend money and a ton of time working on a certain team, then realize since arena doesn’t matter anymore, the team you farmed is going to need to be split up to get the maximum benefit in GAC.
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    robv1571 wrote: »
    This change is a kick in the teeth to players like me who’ve spent 5-6 years playing a game focused upon the squad arena game mode and crystal income there.

I just spent the last 4 months, $400 and countless hours (eg on maxing conquest) to get a Lord Vader team for the arena crystal income. It is still 6 weeks away from being finished, and now I will never get to use it for the entire reason I did any of this. I hate GAC. I didn’t get it for that, and I’m likely quitting before ever using this team.

Thanks a lot, CG, for taking a game I loved for the past 5 1/2 years and destroying it for Christmas.

He wouldn’t have spent the $400 or spent the insane amount of time grinding conquest, because it wouldn’t have mattered in the end.

The issue is you spend money and a ton of time working on a certain team, then realize since arena doesn’t matter anymore, the team you farmed is going to need to be split up to get the maximum benefit in GAC.

Exactly. Thats the major problem for mid level players. They spent time, effort and sometimes money to build an arena team only to have this change negate those choices.

A 3 mil or so player could beat my arena team and im an 8.2 mil player. Now those players will be lower seed and wont be able to get to those same payouts.

One day maybe... but for now, no chance. If they spent money to get to that point, it cant feel good to be told that was worth far less now
  • Having a meta arena squad your opponents can't beat helps a lot in GAC.

It's a good starting point, but yes, we will all have to adapt our strategies.

There are even a whole slew of new GAC Omicron characters to contend with.

There's never been a better time for the Grand Arena. Hope it works.
  • Another point people are overlooking will be the amount of people climbing in ship arena. With a shard full of Executors this will result in crystal loss whether due to refreshes or just not making a top spot. There will be far more time sink in ship arena for less crystals.

Many people just don't like GAC. Plain and simple. Judging from the amount of people quitting the game I'd say this change has not had the intended effect.

I don't think removing crystals from both arenas is a bad idea. I think they'd be doing the game a huge service by taking crystals away from any PvP aspect of the game. All they've done is shift crystals to a more involved and time consuming version of PvP. Many just don't want a huge part of their progression tied to a PvP aspect of the game.

At this point I'd say just vote with your wallet, I'm in a 350-360M GP guild and most are either quitting the game outright or going completely F2P. Judging from conversations with others in the community/shard chats it's the same across the board. It's the only way your voice will be heard.
  • HokieFiend wrote: »
    Another point people are overlooking will be the amount of people climbing in ship arena. With a shard full of Executors this will result in crystal loss whether due to refreshes or just not making a top spot. There will be far more time sink in ship arena for less crystals.

Many people just don't like GAC. Plain and simple. Judging from the amount of people quitting the game I'd say this change has not had the intended effect.

I don't think removing crystals from both arenas is a bad idea. I think they'd be doing the game a huge service by taking crystals away from any PvP aspect of the game. All they've done is shift crystals to a more involved and time consuming version of PvP. Many just don't want a huge part of their progression tied to a PvP aspect of the game.

At this point I'd say just vote with your wallet, I'm in a 350-360M GP guild and most are either quitting the game outright or going completely F2P. Judging from conversations with others in the community/shard chats it's the same across the board. It's the only way your voice will be heard.

If people want to Duke it out for a couple hundred crystals in fleet arena and spend the same in refreshes as the daily payout then it’s all for naught.
    Another point people are overlooking will be the amount of people climbing in ship arena. With a shard full of Executors this will result in crystal loss whether due to refreshes or just not making a top spot. There will be far more time sink in ship arena for less crystals.

But if the fleets are quiet because people don't like it, and people don't like GAC either, why would they choose to focus on the one that has a lower income for more work?

If you're choosing between 2 things you don't like surely you opt to focus on the higher income for less work?

Or you just stop.

I think it is likely fleets will get busier, but it has been with Executor anyway. The benefit of refreshing and doing extra battles in fleet has a much slimmer profit margin than in squad. I would never have done a second refresh in fleet, but I have a few times in squad. I hardly ever have refreshed a single time in fleet. It's just not worth it.
  • Good. My shard is super old. To get sub 500 it’s all R7-8 ultimate GLs. I play for fun. I have no GLs. But I do very well in GAC. Let’s do it.

And everyone that says “well this will kill the game” has probably typed that 40 times over the last 2 or 3 years….
  • Looooki
    1045 posts Member
    Good. My shard is super old. To get sub 500 it’s all R7-8 ultimate GLs. I play for fun. I have no GLs. But I do very well in GAC. Let’s do it.

And everyone that says “well this will kill the game” has probably typed that 40 times over the last 2 or 3 years….

Bro, let me know what it feels like when the 1st round of GAC is done. I hope u stay long enough to feedback how good or bad it went.
  • Looooki
    1045 posts Member
    edited December 2021
    On another note. Just a suggestion which I don't think it would be heard by CG.

How about adding crystals into TW ? Since u made all game modes competitive. As TW requires the same coordination and effort to win for the droid brains.
  • robv1571 wrote: »
    This change is a kick in the teeth to players like me who’ve spent 5-6 years playing a game focused upon the squad arena game mode and crystal income there.

I don't know what his SA shard is like, but mine is full of JMK with CAT, so Vader doesn't help much
  • ShaggyB wrote: »
    robv1571 wrote: »

Exactly. Thats the major problem for mid level players. They spent time, effort and sometimes money to build an arena team only to have this change negate those choices.

A 3 mil or so player could beat my arena team and im an 8.2 mil player. Now those players will be lower seed and wont be able to get to those same payouts.

One day maybe... but for now, no chance. If they spent money to get to that point, it cant feel good to be told that was worth far less now

You have the same problem when a new character changes the meta, JMK has completely ruined the rock/paper/scissor GL meta too.

Also, when GLs get released, your 8.2mil account is much closer to unlocking the next one because you are more likely to have geared up other characters just for something to do, or you've saved a bunch of gear, as opposed to my 5.6mil account where I have to be focused on who I gear up
  • bap1234
    126 posts Member
    edited December 2021
    Looooki wrote: »

How about adding crystals into TW ? Since u made all game modes competitive. As TW requires the same coordination and effort to win for the droid brains.
    that would suck, it's already bad r9 is tied in TW. conquest and galactic challenge make sense, At least the individual has control of his crystal income in gac.
  • bap1234 wrote: »

that would suck, it's already bad r9 is tied in TW. conquest and galactic challenge make sense, At least the individual has control of his crystal income in gac.

Their best shot to keep people vested in this game would be to put crystals into PvE aspects. Most SW fan gamers have already tried this game. Most hardcore gamers probably have. They likely aren't coming back with the state of things if they've left. Their best shot at keeping the most people would be, like you said, put it more in player control. Forcing people into GAC for more time sink and stress than arena is not the way.

I'd say spreading crystals out into all the different modes, including arenas and GAC, would be better than what they've done. It would be more time sink if you wanted to maximize crystals but they are seriously punishing players who don't like GAC right now. It doesn't make much sense to me. It's too much crystal income into one mode of the game that many cannot stand.

• ****... CG youre Killing this Loved Game. Conquest sucks so much. And you dont make IT easier with Less effort. Freaking 2 weeks for some shards. This is so Bad for amount of time you have to Put in. And now you Take away the only real good Input in this Game for Most people.
    You really dont think twice about your Players. You must really hate Them. Especially If they dont Spend AS much AS you want Them to.
    bap1234 wrote: »

Their best shot to keep people vested in this game would be to put crystals into PvE aspects. Most SW fan gamers have already tried this game. Most hardcore gamers probably have. They likely aren't coming back with the state of things if they've left. Their best shot at keeping the most people would be, like you said, put it more in player control. Forcing people into GAC for more time sink and stress than arena is not the way.

I'd say spreading crystals out into all the different modes, including arenas and GAC, would be better than what they've done. It would be more time sink if you wanted to maximize crystals but they are seriously punishing players who don't like GAC right now. It doesn't make much sense to me. It's too much crystal income into one mode of the game that many cannot stand.
    a conquest for a guild would be dope imo, or hoth tb challenge tier for a new pve. but there is so much to do already in game, i just spent 1.5 hours in conquest.
  • still, keep crystals from TW. i would hate to lose crystals because a guildmate was attending a wedding and didn't show up in attack.
  • Hello there,

At the first moment your update for gac is realy great :) more crystals for me as a f2p is realy nice :)

Thank you very much!

Greetings demeter
  • With the new crystal moves to GAC, please remove the crystal refreshes from squad arena. It is pointless to have them there.
  • With the new crystal moves to GAC, please remove the crystal refreshes from squad arena. It is pointless to have them there.

They wont do this because there is still rewards attached ( squad currency) so yea.....
  • My thought was to change it to Squad Currency for refreshes. (You spent Crystals for the chance of more Crystals, previously.)