Omicron Ability Update: Chief Chirpa

CHANGES MARKED IN GREEN

UNIT NAME: Chief Chirpa
ALIGNMENT: Light Side
CATEGORIES: Light Side, Ewok, Leader, Support
Ewok Leader that greatly improves ally Basic abilities.

Basic: BOUNDING STRIKE

FINAL TEXT: Deal Physical damage to target enemy. In addition, Chirpa gains 35% Turn Meter if that enemy had more than 50% Turn Meter.

Special 1: ANCESTRAL SECRETS (Cooldown 4)

FINAL TEXT: All allies recover 20% of their Max Health and gain Heal Over Time (20%) for 3 turns. Ewok allies also gain Retribution for 2 turns and Heal Over Time for 1 additional turn.

Special 2: TRIBAL UNITY (Cooldown 4)

FINAL TEXT: Grant all allies Speed Up for 2 turns, then call all Ewok allies and one other random ally to Assist.

Leader - SIMPLE TACTICS
Old Final Text (ZETA): Ewok allies gain 20% Turn Meter and deal 10% more damage whenever they perform a Basic attack. These effects are halved for other allies. Whenever an Ewok ally uses a Special ability, 60% chance to call another random Ewok ally to Assist.

New Final Text (ZETA/OMICRON): Ewok allies gain 20% Turn Meter and deal 10% more damage whenever they perform a Basic attack. These effects are halved for other allies. Whenever an Ewok ally uses a Special ability, 60% chance to call another random Ewok ally to Assist.

While in Grand Arenas: Ewok allies have +30 Speed. Ewok allies deal an additional 40% more damage with Basic abilities and have an additional 40% chance to call an Ewok ally to assist when using a Special ability.

Replies

• i don’t think it’s necessarily worth it, but i love my ewoks.
    My discord - BabyYoda#4470 My swgoh.gg - https://swgoh.gg/p/648565123/
  • Yeah. Definitely a solid buff, but not revolutionary. Wonder if characters like Nest can still solo them.
  • It will adjust the relative gear/ relic level required of nest, but nothing else really. Just them hitting harder means nest has to be able to take the first hit.
  • Well this is a crushing disappointment. They'll still get solo'd by nest. Great.
  • They deserve better
  • offense counter against… ? 😬
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    i don’t think it’s necessarily worth it, but i love my ewoks.

The speed boost is nice but the ewoks still have the same issue where if the enemy team can outspeed you, its easy to beat on defense
  • Ultra wrote: »
    i don’t think it’s necessarily worth it, but i love my ewoks.

The speed boost is nice but the ewoks still have the same issue where if the enemy team can outspeed you, its easy to beat on defense

True. Typically, you can somewhat rectify that with godlike speed mods on Paploo and decent RnG for Ewok Elder's basic, but usually, the good teams are still faster, or have some method to prevent/punish OOT attacks.

That said, this does make Ewoks plenty more annoying because now their Basics actually hurt some and their assist calls are guaranteed, which makes the Tm train more reliable and smooth, so counters that rely on them having bad RnG are completely out of the window now.
  • Just makes them a C+ team for offense…MAYBE a B- team depending on the opponent in GA. Nothing special