Omicron Ability Update: Darth Sidious

CG_Doja_Fett_MINI
520 posts EA Community Manager
edited December 2021
CHANGES MARKED IN GREEN

UNIT NAME: Darth Sidious
ALIGNMENT: Dark Side
CATEGORIES: Dark Side, Sith, Leader, Attacker
Brutal Attacker effective against Healers and Jedi while boosting allied Criticals as a Leader

Basic: DEATHSTROKE

FINAL TEXT: Deal Physical damage to target enemy and inflict Healing Immunity for 3 turns with a 50% chance (doubled if the target is debuffed) to ignore Defense.

Special: DEMORALIZING BLOWS (Cooldown 4)

FINAL TEXT: Deal Physical damage to all enemies and inflict Damage Over Time and Expose for 2 turns. This attack inflicts two additional Damage Over Time effects on a Critical Hit.

Leader - UNLIMITED POWER
FINAL TEXT: All allies gain 15% Critical Chance and 30% Critical Damage. Sith allies gain 2% Offense until the end of encounter when they score a Critical Hit.

Unique: SADISTIC GLEE

Old Final Text (ZETA): Darth Sidious recovers 20% of his Max Health and gains 50% Turn Meter whenever any unit is defeated. In addition, he has +35% Evasion against Jedi attacks, +50% Potency, and gains Max Health equal to his Potency percentage.

New Final Text (ZETA/OMICRON): Darth Sidious recovers 20% of his Max Health and gains 50% Turn Meter whenever any unit is defeated. In addition, he has +35% Evasion against Jedi attacks, +50% Potency, and gains Max Health equal to his Potency percentage.

While in Territory Wars: If all allies are Sith at the start of battle, Sith allies gain Max Health equal to half of Darth Sidious' Potency until the first time he is defeated (excludes Galactic Legends). When Darth Sidious uses Demoralizing Blows, the cooldown of the ability is reduced by 1 for each other Sith ally and Darth Sidious gains 50 Speed for 4 turns.
Post edited by Ultra on

Replies

• So finally we will be able to experience what the AB Sidious feels like, huh?
  • Can you stack those Speed gains?

I would say yes you can

I hope so. Would be sick to have sidious take infinite turns, like in the s3 boss node from the chorequest (maul ones).
    My discord - BabyYoda#4470 My swgoh.gg - https://swgoh.gg/p/648565123/
  • CHANGES MARKED IN GREEN

CATEGORIES: Dark Side, Sith, Jedi, Leader, Attacker
    Brutal Attacker effective against Healers and Jedi while boosting allied Criticals as a Leader

Uh… is he supposed to have the Jedi tag?
  • TargetEadu wrote: »
    CHANGES MARKED IN GREEN

That's definitely wrong, nice catch lol

If he can stack it then he is going to be very good. If he can't then I think it isn't going to be too good.
  • TargetEadu wrote: »
    CHANGES MARKED IN GREEN

Yes 😈
  • CHANGES MARKED IN GREEN
    While in Territory Wars: If all allies are Sith at the start of battle, Sith allies gain Max Health equal to half of Darth Sidious' Potency until the first time he is defeated (excludes Galactic Legends). When Darth Sidious uses Demoralizing Blows, the cooldown of the ability is reduced by 1 for each other Sith ally and Darth Sidious gains 50 Speed for 4 turns.
    [/color][/b]

So if Sidious' potency is say 200% they will gain 100 max health or 100% max health? As written it sound like 100 max health which doesn't seem worth even being in the kit.
  • GoForTheEyes
    9 posts Member
    edited December 2021
    Presumably it means gain a percentage boost to health equal to half Sidious's potency. A health boost to equal to half potency is pretty pointless, somewhere between 35hp and 75hp probably.
  • Sebek wrote: »
    Cimmeron wrote: »
    CHANGES MARKED IN GREEN
    [/color][/b]

So if Sidious' potency is say 200% they will gain 100 max health or 100% max health? As written it sound like 100 max health which doesn't seem worth even being in the kit.

It should be 100%.

I sure hope it's the % gain health, else yeah, it's useless. It should be reworded to make more sense CG!
  • Did it really need to exclude galactic legends? Is SEE really dominating any area of the game so much so that they can't let this benefit him at least?

Seems pretty underwhelming overall. Doesn't matter how much speed he has when he just does zero damage to begin with.
  • Pass.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • and he'd still get run over by imperial troopers :-)
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    TargetEadu wrote: »
    CHANGES MARKED IN GREEN

With the rank of a master
  • Ultra wrote: »
    TargetEadu wrote: »
    CHANGES MARKED IN GREEN

With the rank of a master

A master of such deception, he broke the 4th wall and tricked even the devs and mods that he is a Jedi. Truly, the most cunning of them all.
  • Why can't they give him a separatist tag? I do believe he needs it, and we need it too. There aren't many separatists in the game and the traditional team with nute as a leader, dooku, jango, and droideka (or another one) is getting pretty stale.
  • Meh, I guess I'll be hanging on to my omicrons then
  • I see no reason to hang on to them when QGJ nomnomcrom turns jedi into next level offensive powerhouses. I didn't even bat an eye and used them on him. GA is where the crystals are going so give me an edge there any day
  • Well, that's lackluster. Was hoping for a GA Omicron, since that's where the crystals gonna drop.
    And even so, the Omicron is quite bad, compared to QGJ or Phasma.
  • Mucro
    101 posts Member
    edited December 2021
    Did it really need to exclude galactic legends? Is SEE really dominating any area of the game so much so that they can't let this benefit him at least?

Seems pretty underwhelming overall. Doesn't matter how much speed he has when he just does zero damage to begin with.

I believe it's there to prevent Lord Vader from potentially doubling his already bonkers max health. It should probably have excluded only LV, and not all GLs, because I see no problem with SEE gaining that health boost. It's not like you try to defeat SEE before Sidious anyways, so by the time you are left with SEE, the health boost from Sidious would have been gone already.

But if the speed gain from Demoralizing Blows stacks with every use, he will theoretically snowball to the point where he can literally spam his AoE several times before the enemy can even take one turn. Which quickly becomes deadly due to exposes and stacking damage over time.
  • ScoundrelRui
    805 posts Member
    edited December 2021
    I see no reason to hang on to them when QGJ nomnomcrom turns jedi into next level offensive powerhouses. I didn't even bat an eye and used them on him. GA is where the crystals are going so give me an edge there any day

My QGJ is pretty terrible though and I'm in the middle of my JML farm, so I'm saving my zetas up for him. I'll see how I go before I throw some gear at QGJ
  • So instead of hitting people with his 2 weak wet noodles, he will hit them many many times with his weak wet noodles lol.
  • No Damage increase? Smashing wet noodle AoE over and over is still going to do poor damage if he hits as he hits now. Not impressive at all...
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    the DOTs from back to back AOEs should deal significant damage

The only weaknesses of his omicron is if he gets ability blocked or stunned he can't stack +200 speed, and if another sith ally dies, he's AOE will be on cooldown, which isn't tough to do against a Sith team

The only weaknesses of his omicron is if he gets ability blocked or stunned he can't stack +200 speed, and if another sith ally dies, he's AOE will be on cooldown, which isn't tough to do against a Sith team

It also inflicts expose. Which will just stack up and deal a significant amount of damage, regardless of how hard the ability itself hits.

A decently modded potency sideous should be around 160 potency after his unique boost. That means with the other part of the omicron, all other sith get an 80% health boost. That should help with survivability a little bit.