I no longer think "Shipload of Content" has anything to do with Ships

2Next

Replies

• Adding Capital Ships is a valid way to offer new ways to use your existing roster. Executor gave BH ships a bomp. Ravager will boost Sith. Much like GLs arrive and lead your lackluster factions into forces to be reckoned with.
  • Screerider wrote: »
    Adding Capital Ships is a valid way to offer new ways to use your existing roster. Executor gave BH ships a bomp. Ravager will boost Sith. Much like GLs arrive and lead your lackluster factions into forces to be reckoned with.

Except GL come for rosters that are already developed. Ravager can't boost a faction that has at-most 3 ships.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Screerider wrote: »
    Adding Capital Ships is a valid way to offer new ways to use your existing roster. Executor gave BH ships a bomp. Ravager will boost Sith. Much like GLs arrive and lead your lackluster factions into forces to be reckoned with.

There needs to be something to boost first. BHs used to fill up empty slots, now they have their own fleet. Now, Sith ships like TIE advanced, Scimitar or the bomber are sometimes used for that, and Ravager will presumably take that away too. At this rate, there won't be many ships to fill up Executor and Malevolence fleets, not to mention stuff like Raddus and Finalizer.
  • Maybe the Shipload was the ship that Starkiller pulled out of the sky…
  • MemeMaster wrote: »

Except GL come for rosters that are already developed. Ravager can't boost a faction that has at-most 3 ships.

There are as many or more sith ships as there are resistance, separatist, first order and bounty hunter. They all have a cap ship. There is only 1 more empire ship than sith ships and there are 3 possible cap ships for them.

Ship count has no bearing on if they will release Ravager.

I wish they'd release more ships before it, but wish in one hand, sith in the other and see which one gets filled first.

There are already 5 Sith ships in the game.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • LordDirt wrote: »
    MemeMaster wrote: »
    I think it was just a punny way to censor that t with a p. We did get a lot of content, so if by "shipload" they meant large amount, they were truthful. But we have gotten nothing in ships besides capital ships in a long time. The last ship added to the game if I recall correctly was Tie Bomber and that has been well over a year now. 6th March 2020 to be exact. We haven't gotten a single new ship in over a year and a half. I don't count Mando's ship since it was a conquest grind. So a year and a half since the last Marquee ships. Ships are so starved off of any new releases that the bounty hunter ships are a requirement for 2 capital ships that thematically got NOTHING to do with Bounty Hunters. Legit, Piett's Executor only leads Bounty Hunters on a pure, very thin-threaded technicality.

And then CG ia still acting surprised by how disliked ships are? We only have 2 complete fleets, 3 if you count the Malevolence's infinite unit spawn. Compare that to how many capital ships we got?

We aren't getting a "shipload" in the sense that any new ships will come in numbers. We are just getting a lot overall.

Razor Crest was the last ship, right? How can it not count? LOL

It's important when crafting your narrative, that you be able to ignore and dismiss details that prove your narrative false.
    We aren't getting a "shipload" in the sense that any new ships will come in numbers. We are just getting a lot overall.
    AlexanderG wrote: »
    I'm starting to think "ship load of content" has nothing to do with this game.
    Nauros wrote: »
    You mean that they take a load of existing content and turn it into ship, except with t?

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

I'm developing my Sith ships in advance. :)
  • Fanatic wrote: »
    LordDirt wrote: »
    I think it was just a punny way to censor that t with a p. We did get a lot of content, so if by "shipload" they meant large amount, they were truthful. But we have gotten nothing in ships besides capital ships in a long time. The last ship added to the game if I recall correctly was Tie Bomber and that has been well over a year now. 6th March 2020 to be exact. We haven't gotten a single new ship in over a year and a half. I don't count Mando's ship since it was a conquest grind. So a year and a half since the last Marquee ships. Ships are so starved off of any new releases that the bounty hunter ships are a requirement for 2 capital ships that thematically got NOTHING to do with Bounty Hunters. Legit, Piett's Executor only leads Bounty Hunters on a pure, very thin-threaded technicality.

And then CG ia still acting surprised by how disliked ships are? We only have 2 complete fleets, 3 if you count the Malevolence's infinite unit spawn. Compare that to how many capital ships we got?

It's important when crafting your narrative, that you be able to ignore and dismiss details that prove your narrative false.

You prove your own answer true, because I did respond to it both with why I didn't count it, and that the situation doesn't change at all if we do count it.
  • Just noticed the requirements for the Executor did indeed have you build a fleet to go with. :)
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member

Bomp for visibility.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Fanatic
    415 posts Member
    edited December 2021
    Fanatic wrote: »

You prove your own answer true, because I did respond to it both with why I didn't count it, and that the situation doesn't change at all if we do count it.

Sure. I can make anything fit my narrative if I put in enough exclusions to eliminate the things that don't fit. Your justifications for why you don't count it doesn't change the facts. (its not that I don't agree with you that ships could really use some work, new additions, etc, but if you need to exagerate your story to "prove your point", it does not prove your point - you could state the claim of "fleet needs love" without needing special exclusions, and the point would still stand).

eg. I could say they never release any arena worthy toons anymore. I don't count GL's and other non-marquee toons because it takes to much time and effort to farm the requirements to get them.

TLDR, you could have just stated the second part of your statement above. Or just left out the justification in your original post.

• WD_40
    113 posts Member

There are already 5 Sith ships in the game.

Problem is that 2 of those 5 are important in an empire fleet. Drop those 2 from the empire fleet and you're at 4 for that fleet
  • WD_40
    113 posts Member
    AlexanderG wrote: »
    I'm starting to think "ship load of content" has nothing to do with this game.
    Nauros wrote: »
    You mean that they take a load of existing content and turn it into ship, except with t?

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Gotta love the Inigo Montoya quote
  • With so many dark side capital shops already available in the game, technically 3 empire, separatist, FO.
    The GR got second tier with negotiator.

Would there be any other options for rebels, To get a second above akbar? Are there any other notable rebel capitals?

But I see a focus on either rebels or sith next I hope.
  • Decicrim wrote: »
    With so many dark side capital shops already available in the game, technically 3 empire, separatist, FO.
    The GR got second tier with negotiator.

Would there be any other options for rebels, To get a second above akbar? Are there any other notable rebel capitals?

But I see a focus on either rebels or sith next I hope.

Theres this monster of a ship, thats bigger than Akbars, and its from Rogue One.

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Profundity

• I don't think there are enough Empire ships for our two (even 3) Empire Capital Ships either. The idea is you have to choose which Capital Ship to use with your fleet. If you find yourself in a situation where you need all 10 Capital Ships, you ain't winnin'.
  • shipload of content means they are bringing meh ships into galactic challenges and making them faster and more tanky than your tankiest tank ships. Along with that, the Rey falcon can wipe your entire relic'd BH fleet because, "challenging" or something. Along with dodging 2/3s of the time, "resisting" damage attacks (weird, but I guess the AI can do what it wants) and throwing stuff in they are playing against with those R9 accounts to say, "we played it, it's easy bro!"

The leaker knew everything else, so why not have the Ravager come along too. Perhaps for February when it'll be Sith month again like the old days? I'd bet you could have ships for that fleet, but it'll have "ghost" ships that are summoned like malevolence. Sith fighter and Sith bomber (maybe even Maul's ship) might have an important part to play in that fleet as well.
  • Schwartzring
    1402 posts Member
    edited December 2021
    Zaph0dd wrote: »
    thats bigger than Akbars,

I think you might be mistaken.

Profundity
    Modified MC75 Star Cruiser
    Length 1,204.44 meters

Home One
    MC80 Star Cruiser
    Length 1,300 meters

• Never mind its length, look at its appendages.
    If you find yourself in a situation where you need all 10 Capital Ships, you ain't winnin'.
    Yeah, but, that's because you ran out of fighters after the 6th ship.

We didn't need Executor, to take away "Filler" ships like BH.
    We certainly don't NEED a Sith Cap Ship anymore than we need a "Jedi" capital ship or an Old Republic cap ship, or a Smuggler cap ship for baby Lando.

A few filler fighters is a GOOD thing.

What we need is more ships like HMF or TIE Bomber that breath life into an existing faction.

TIE Defender
    TIE Interceptor
    TIE Striker
    Skipray Blast Boat.

Add those 4 in to the Empire fleet & maybe then you can actually use both Tarkin & Thrawn at the same time.

Add "Sith Synergy" to the Finalizer's Kit & now you have a home for those 3 lame duck Sith ships.
    Problem solved.

Torrent Bomber
    V-Wing
    Z95 Headhunter
    The BB Shuttle

Add those 4 & you give people the ability to mix & match w/ Endurance.

Toss in 3 more ships...

Leia's Shuttle
    Resistance A-Wing
    Resistance Y-Wing

Maybe even little "Smuggler" synergy w/ Raddus just because of the Han/Chewie connection & to find LandoFalcon a home & walla. A fully fleshed out fleet.

• As AP Gains pointed out yesterday, y’all wanna go back and read that post.

It never said shipload of content.

It said shipload of changes. Which is what we’ve had.
  • I like to see more ships in coming. But when there is a new captital ship, they will certainly add more ships.

As long as there is $$$
  • Looooki
    1045 posts Member
    edited December 2021
    Looooki wrote: »
    I like to see more ships in coming. But when there is a new captital ship, they will certainly add more ships.

As long as there is $$$

Also we just got star killer ... He has a ship too

Same as Mando with RC (which was revealed later) Nesting doll effect, keeps us guessing what is next.

Mara Jade has a ship
    Not sure of tylon has a ship
  • "As you can see, there’s a ship load of changes coming to the game".

Can't argue with that line. There was never a mention of content ... and they have changed a shipload since April.
    If you find yourself in a situation where you need all 10 Capital Ships, you ain't winnin'.
    Yeah, but, that's because you ran out of fighters after the 6th ship.
    It's not that bad. We have 44 ships and 9, soon 10, Capital Ships. But we're not using Endurance if we have Negotiator. And we're only using one of Executrix or Chimaera. So you'll have 8 usable Cap Ships, with 6 ships apiece.

I practically never get to the 4th reinforcement, and 90% of the time not even the 3rd. Malevolence doesn't really need any reinforcements. 6 ships per Cap Ship is actually a bit more than we need.