[MEGA] State of the Galaxy: November 2021

Replies

• Yep, thanks for screwing me over, look forward to returning the favor.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Monel
    2776 posts Member
    I used to get 50 crystals for not even trying in arena and now I get 260! Wohoo! I am rich!
  • I’m really surprised by this move. F2P players get more crystals now and whales get fewer. Must have been an oversight by CG and soon it will change.
  • Monel
    2776 posts Member
    I’m really surprised by this move. F2P players get more crystals now and whales get fewer. Must have been an oversight by CG and soon it will change.

Btw, I'm not ftp.
  • @Screerider i agree. That’s a great alternative
  • I guess I don't pay enough attention to this stuff. These things catch me by surprise.. GAC has been most frustrating for me. I'm sure it's been said already, but, I have a bad feeling about this.
  • That is what this is for some of us. I get 220 a day instead of 500 for the next 5 days? And after that MAYBE I can make up some of the difference? They could have at least given us our average payout until the event started. There is no way this is going to even out for those of us that claw our way to 1st every day. Flat out cut in crystals.
  • This is going to be a bumpy ride for some players, I have 3 GL's at 4.49 million GP and there are players ranked higher then me in chromium II with G12 JKR as their top teams.

I understand there is an adjustment period, but some players are gonna be really frustrated playing vs some hyper efficient accounts that placed very low and were fine tuned for GAC.
  • This is going to be a bumpy ride for some players, I have 3 GL's at 4.49 million GP and there are players ranked higher then me in chromium II with G12 JKR as their top teams.

I understand there is an adjustment period, but some players are gonna be really frustrated playing vs some hyper efficient accounts that placed very low and were fine tuned for GAC.

And how is that different from before?
  • nottenst wrote: »
    This is going to be a bumpy ride for some players, I have 3 GL's at 4.49 million GP and there are players ranked higher then me in chromium II with G12 JKR as their top teams.

Before match maker would rate you based off of your top 80.

So you would always see players with a similar "comp" as you.

Now Im matched with players in chromium 2 who have G12 JKR teams, g13 EP empire teams..

These players are going to be in for a rough time when they encounter accounts like mine climbing with 3 GL's vs their 0 and they literally cant do anything if I put 1 GL on D
  • nottenst wrote: »
    This is going to be a bumpy ride for some players, I have 3 GL's at 4.49 million GP and there are players ranked higher then me in chromium II with G12 JKR as their top teams.

Before match maker would rate you based off of your top 80.

So you would always see players with a similar "comp" as you.

Now Im matched with players in chromium 2 who have G12 JKR teams, g13 EP empire teams..

These players are going to be in for a rough time when they encounter accounts like mine climbing with 3 GL's vs their 0 and they literally cant do anything if I put 1 GL on D

This means that you'll be rising out of your leagues until the difference is no more and your earnings also rise. It's pretty logical and aim of the new system.
  • So when does GAC start.... losing crystals daily on the delay here CG
  • I really like these changes. I think they're very positive. From the crystals from Arena, to the way you're doing match making. Great job. One thing I would say is 2 defensive fleets for 3.5 million GP players? That's a bit heavy isn't it? I'm at 5.2 million and it felt like it was fairly recent that I had to start deploying 2 defensive fleets, and it was a bit of a struggle.
  • So, i have woken up today, and i am 500 crystals short. So i cant farm any refreshes, 300 from fleet is no where near enough to complete todays farm. Oh hang on that's right the 500 I should have for my arena pay-out i no longer have. The only thing that makes the grind of this game somewhat bearable is removed. I took to my shard chat for comfort, but the place is like an echo chamber of despair, and personal anguish. Obviously i was aware of this, but 4 years of waking up to 800/900 crystals. It was like a warm blanket wrapped around me each day. This morning sat staring, paralysed at the pathetic amount of crystals I had to get me through the day! A hollowness filled my body and I could barely find the energy to put my socks on, or hold a positive thought in my head. Its like sitting down for breakfast with no milk, or coffee or a warm happy greeting from the DOG.

I kept clicking refresh hoping CG might recognise this but nothing came through. Just emptiness.

So i closed SWGOH, popped my phone down and crawled back into bed.
  • Oh, that happened? I wasn’t even aware that they were changing arena payouts or crystal sources etc..

Fancy that
  • CG could've easily smoothed the transition by allowing arena payouts longer or frontloading extra GAC rewards, but instead decided to squeeze the competitive playerbase by starving them of crystals for a week.

Of course, it's hard to believe any sincerity about generosity after the heavy PR spin on "players are finishing conquest too quickly and getting bored [source: trust me, bro], so let's give them the gift of allowing them spend crystals on 60 bounty hunter battles against 700 speed enemy teams. You're welcome!"
  • Hey CG, so your player base that used to win first in arena consistently is mow losing crystals each day. Why would you change the arena payouts on the 8th but then not start GAC until the 13th which really means the 15th is the first day we have an opportunity to earn close to the 500 crystals we used to earn daily. Bad timing. I see a lot of guildless opponents in my fleet and arena battles now. If the goal is to chase off the older, cranky, i liked it the old way player base, then well done. As someone that spend a little weekly, I stopped that until I see if my GAC crystal income is equal to my daily income before these changes.
    Request you look at Conquest disk nodes random generation. Still seeing the same disk offered multiple times and have yet to find anything along the hard path making it worth the effort to use GLs instead of the BB, NS, rebel fighters, or clones so far.
  • Arena needs to become a sandbox, shard chats are already formed. It would be super easy to get someone to place some different squads and test. But because this is something often requested and makes sense to do, CG won’t do it.
  • Not with that attitude junior !
  • Range1974 wrote: »
    Hey CG, so your player base that used to win first in arena consistently is mow losing crystals each day. Why would you change the arena payouts on the 8th but then not start GAC until the 13th which really means the 15th is the first day we have an opportunity to earn close to the 500 crystals we used to earn daily. Bad timing. I see a lot of guildless opponents in my fleet and arena battles now. If the goal is to chase off the older, cranky, i liked it the old way player base, then well done. As someone that spend a little weekly, I stopped that until I see if my GAC crystal income is equal to my daily income before these changes.
    Request you look at Conquest disk nodes random generation. Still seeing the same disk offered multiple times and have yet to find anything along the hard path making it worth the effort to use GLs instead of the BB, NS, rebel fighters, or clones so far.

i've gone from 500 a day to 240 and with the roster i have i will drop out of kyber quickly and may never make it back. i'm very unhappy with this change.
  • People still care about squad arena?

For rewards? Not likely.
    For testing out different squads and new characters? Absolutely.

You can still buy shard shop currency with the rewards. So please, everybody stop caring about arena. Better for me.
  • Zeth wrote: »
    Range1974 wrote: »
    Hey CG, so your player base that used to win first in arena consistently is mow losing crystals each day. Why would you change the arena payouts on the 8th but then not start GAC until the 13th which really means the 15th is the first day we have an opportunity to earn close to the 500 crystals we used to earn daily. Bad timing. I see a lot of guildless opponents in my fleet and arena battles now. If the goal is to chase off the older, cranky, i liked it the old way player base, then well done. As someone that spend a little weekly, I stopped that until I see if my GAC crystal income is equal to my daily income before these changes.

i've gone from 500 a day to 240 and with the roster i have i will drop out of kyber quickly and may never make it back. i'm very unhappy with this change.

It's not just 240 per day. There are extra crystals, win or lose throughout GAC. If you zoom your focus to just these days between the update and the first GAC, then you are just looking for ways to be unhappy.

I am happy with the change for the following reasons:

1. I get crystals every day regardless of if I am available for attacking in my payout time. For context I was taking first every day but had to do a refresh and was climbing from around the 50 mark, so having to pay attention to the game for about 1 to 2 hours of every day. Not playing the whole time, but not forgetting to go back in every 10 minutes means you can't relax or concentrate on anything else. So my daily was 450, when I could play. Way less otherwise.
    2. During GAC I can attack at a time that suits me.
    3. I always played GAC anyway, so this is a pure time saving for me.
    4. I think the change from gp based matchmaking to the ladder is an improvement. After the settling period I can expect to see more evenly matched opponents.
    5. My guild members will finally just grow their gp to be more helpful in tb.
  • LendersQuiz
    1161 posts Member
    edited December 2021
    With the new crystal moves to GAC, please remove the crystal refreshes from squad arena. It is pointless to have them there.

uhhh, no.

CG doesn't want somebody to rush, get 10,000 wins, get that 50 crystal reward and those sweet sweet 5 x Vader shards. It would unbalance the game if a new account got a hold of all of that in just a few days vs waiting 5-10 years like everyone else. I mean it is FIFTY crystals and FIVE Vader shards!