LV/Maul [MERGE]

15678911Next

Replies

• I understand. And yes, he can take down the best team in the game, but it's just crazy that a character that requires so many peripherals and additions is limited in so many regards compared to Kenobi, who can do it all, so to speak.
  • Drim
    359 posts Member
    edited December 2021
    Lord trash. This Gl is a joke. Pumped I skipped JMK for him…
  • Let's be honest, all Lord Vader actually did was kill a bunch of kids and choked out Padme. Then Kenobi trimmed him up and that was that.

Power level seems appropriate
  • Recurve wrote: »
    Let's be honest, all Lord Vader actually did was kill a bunch of kids and choked out Padme. Then Kenobi trimmed him up and that was that.

Better argument is a character with 12 seconds of screen time that lost his only real duel shouldn’t be a GL.

• Regardless, he's a GL. And with massive investment cost. Just because you don't think he should be a GL doesn't defend the fact that he's way too mediocre to match his investment cost
  • Ryanh1315 wrote: »
    I understand. And yes, he can take down the best team in the game, but it's just crazy that a character that requires so many peripherals and additions is limited in so many regards compared to Kenobi, who can do it all, so to speak.

What are these things kenobi can do that LV can’t?
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • The easiest change that can be made to Lord Vader without actually changing him is locking his debuffs, or having them function similar to KRU's stun.
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member
    Gifafi wrote: »
    Ryanh1315 wrote: »
    I understand. And yes, he can take down the best team in the game, but it's just crazy that a character that requires so many peripherals and additions is limited in so many regards compared to Kenobi, who can do it all, so to speak.

LSTB!

Please buff LV to have LS tag.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF wrote: »

LSTB!

Please buff LV to have LS tag.

I <3 this suggestion.
  • Gifafi wrote: »

Function effectively against other GLs without an Ultimate, generate Ultimate charge at a reasonable speed without an additional character (Maul), perform a turn one instakill with CAT, synergize with any Galactic Republic characters while boosting their viability due to Protection Up, Damage Immunity, and forced taunt (LV has the crit immunity, though, so given on that front), as well as perform better in the Challenge Tier Rancor Raid, as well as interacting with possibly the best tag in the game (Jedi).
  • Gifafi wrote: »

Be a good GL without the need of amazing support characters?
    Let's be honest, all Lord Vader actually did was kill a bunch of kids and choked out Padme. Then Kenobi trimmed him up and that was that.

You forgot all the Jedi he killed in the Jedi Temple and all the Separatists on Mustafar.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Lol some of these comments have me curious to see if CG pays you guys to be positive about everything in this game. LV is hands down the most disappointing GL in this game.
  • Whaleathon wrote: »
    Lol some of these comments have me curious to see if CG pays you guys to be positive about everything in this game. LV is hands down the most disappointing GL in this game.

Is the reason why LV is so disappointing because of how insane the requirements are with the amount of R7 and R8?

I've only got SEE and I'm working on JML so I don't know about him personally.
  • Whaleathon wrote: »
    Lol some of these comments have me curious to see if CG pays you guys to be positive about everything in this game. LV is hands down the most disappointing GL in this game.

To be fair, though...Rey was the worst, then SEE was the worst, now LV is the worst....just give it time and LV will be great!
  • starplatinum
    169 posts Member
    edited December 2021
    Function effectively against other GLs without an Ultimate, generate Ultimate charge at a reasonable speed without an additional character (Maul), perform a turn one instakill with CAT, synergize with any Galactic Republic characters while boosting their viability due to Protection Up, Damage Immunity, and forced taunt (LV has the crit immunity, though, so given on that front), as well as perform better in the Challenge Tier Rancor Raid, as well as interacting with possibly the best tag in the game (Jedi).

And you forgot that JMK can ignore taunt (= cannot be cheesed)!

Don’t forget a key aspect of Anakin’s / LV’s story arc was him actually being the most powerful force wielder ever (as admitted by Kenobi and others in the prequels) - and he (Anakin / LV) knew it, so he was extremely cocky and it took him trying to pull off an impossible move (given that he was maneuvering against Kenobi one of the other most powerful force wielders ever) to be humbled to reach his true potential. It’s just unfortunate that by the time he reached that potential, he was already a Sith.

I’m not arguing for or against the OP’s position. Just saying this counterargument doesn’t really work in Star Wars lore.
  • Slaveen wrote: »
    Recurve wrote: »

Don’t forget a key aspect of Anakin’s / LV’s story arc was him actually being the most powerful force wielder ever (as admitted by Kenobi and others in the prequels) - and he (Anakin / LV) knew it, so he was extremely cocky and it took him trying to pull off an impossible move (given that he was maneuvering against Kenobi one of the other most powerful force wielders ever) to be humbled to reach his true potential. It’s just unfortunate that by the time he reached that potential, he was already a Sith.

I’m not arguing for or against the OP’s position. Just saying this counterargument doesn’t really work in Star Wars lore.

There is no lore in swgoh.

Otherwise Rey would auto every team in a 1v5 situation due to plot armour
  • so.. recap..
    IT+Shaak beats LV
    Maul + mandos beats SEE
    Padme + Cat beats JMK
    GAS (still) beats Rey
    JKRJKL (still) beats SLKR
    Mothma+Kyle beats Rey

I would be happy to have a rework on LV, but the issue seems to be on the balancing they did a few months ago. They forced lots of people to quit by nerfing teams people worked so much to optimize, and now we are back to 0, releasing more toons that beat those "mini raid bosses".
  • TargetEadu wrote: »
    I love how many questions can be answered by “any GL except for SEE”.

With talon we can’t say that for beating LV now though lol
  • Sheesh, Starkiller already looking in better shape than Galactic L Anakin
    200cbaugnw02.jpeg
  • I think a simple way to fix the IT counter would make the DOTS that vader inflicts on his first turn uncleanseable for 1 turn. They can be cleansed on future turns, but since dots prevent TM gain, it shuts down the cheap IT counter, but still let's other GL counters work. Or make it so the daze can't be cleansed unless an enemy GL is present.