Omicron Ability Update: Imperial Probe Droid

CHANGES MARKED IN GREEN

UNIT NAME: Imperial Probe Droid
ALIGNMENT: Dark Side
CATEGORIES: Dark Side, Empire, Droid, Support
Imperial Droid who reveals and tracks enemies with Target Lock

Basic: PRECISION BLASTERS

FINAL TEXT: Deal Physical damage to target enemy with a 80% chance to Expose them for 2 turns.

Special: DETECT (Cooldown 4)

FINAL TEXT: Dispel all buffs on all enemies with a 75% chance to inflict Target Lock for 2 turns. Then, remove 5% Turn Meter from Target Locked enemies. This attack can't be Evaded.

Special: SELF-DESTRUCT (Cooldown 1)

FINAL TEXT: Imperial Probe Droid instantly defeats itself and can't be Revived. Deal massive damage to target enemy. Deal bonus damage to other enemies equal to 30% of their Max Health. Expose all Target Locked enemies for 2 turns. This attack can't be Evaded. While Imperial Probe Droid has full Health, or has no active allies, the cooldown of this ability is set to max and can't be reduced.

Unique: IMPERIAL LOGISTICS

Old Final Text (ZETA): Imperial Probe Droid has +50% Max Health. At the end of each Droid ally turn, at the end of each Empire ally turn, and at the end of each Rebel enemy turn, Imperial Probe Droid gains 3% Turn Meter.

While Imperial Probe Droid is active, Target Locked enemies have -25% Evasion and can't gain buffs.

New Final Text (ZETA/OMICRON): Imperial Probe Droid has +50% Max Health. At the end of each Droid ally turn, at the end of each Empire ally turn, and at the end of each Rebel enemy turn, Imperial Probe Droid gains 3% Turn Meter.

While Imperial Probe Droid is active, Target Locked enemies have -25% Evasion and can't gain buffs.

While in Territory Battles: At the start of battle, Imperial Probe Droid loses all Protection and gains that much Max Health. Imperial Probe Droid can be revived after using Self-Destruct and ignores Taunt. At the start of each encounter, Imperial Probe Droid is revived with 100% Health. Whenever Imperial Probe Droid uses Self-Destruct, the target enemy takes additional damage equal to 200% of Imperial Probe Droid's Max Health and other Empire allies gain Offense equal to 300% of Imperial Probe Droid's Offense (stacking) until they're defeated.

Replies

• now that is dope. the offense increase, i gotta ask, does it last through encounters so it only resets on defeats or does it also reset on each encounter?
  • what a waste of omicrons, DSTB is so easy who even uses IPD there. Should of made it for GAC or TW
  • Sebek wrote: »
    Boomer8800 wrote: »
    what a waste of omicrons, DSTB is so easy who even uses IPD there. Should of made it for GAC or TW

It's still helpful to have more teams in DSGeo though.
    Can’t agree with you on this. There is a much greater ROI on pretty much all other omicrons, apart from maybe ROLO.

At the moment we have 14 omicron abilities on toons available to us, 4 of them on the latest characters.

Then another 3 each for BFSoJ and Starkiller.

I’d wager that several of the other 20 options would be as beneficial in DSTB as an omicron IPD, whilst also being useful elsewhere.
  • Will IPD self-revive with this ability if it uses Self-Destruct? That blocks him reviving normally.
  • TargetEadu wrote: »
    Will IPD self-revive with this ability if it uses Self-Destruct? That blocks him reviving normally.

It literally says in the green text "Imperial Probe Droid can be revived after using Self Destruct...", so I'll go with yes it can.
  • MasterSeedy
    4992 posts Member
    edited December 2021
    What? No.

It can be revived. That's not anything remotely similar to, "It automatically revives itself."

NOTE: responding to your interpretation of "can be revived". On the other hand, **while in TB and if there's another encounter after the encounter in which IPD dies**, then IPD auto revives at the beginning of the next wave.

You'll need a DarkSide toon with the ability to resurrect other toons in order to gain any benefit within the context of a single encounter. .
    Post edited by MasterSeedy on
  • What? No.

It can be revived. That's not anything remotely similar to, "It automatically revives itself."

You'll need a DarkSide toon with the ability to resurrect other toons in order to gain any benefit.

It's revived at the start of each encounter (read: each wave of TB).
  • What people really need to consider with this one and any toon with a TB related omi, that at best you used this four times (or six times if you are still doing Hoth) a month max. One DS TB a month and either four or six phases where the toon is in one battle. By comparison, we are at what, four TW's a month? So TW omis are used four times a month, but they could make a huge difference on either offense or defense. GAC is a much bigger feature now. So three rounds a week for three weeks I believe, so 9 uses a month for those. Again a much bigger bang for your buck. They can easily get you through an offensive battle and can trip someone up on defense. Could be the difference between a win or a loss in either GAC or TW. At best, it gets you some more points in TB which may get the guild an extra star, but so could just gearing up a specific team.
  • Wow, really powerful. I wasn't planning on getting IPD and gearing him/her up but I'm totally gonna do it now.

People are saying this isn't a good ROI for an omicron ability and a character that isn't required for anything, but they could've made IPD's omicron specific to squad arena and have "unless a GL is present", so it could be worse!
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    dgree wrote: »
    Wow, really powerful. I wasn't planning on getting IPD and gearing him/her up but I'm totally gonna do it now.

People are saying this isn't a good ROI for an omicron ability and a character that isn't required for anything, but they could've made IPD's omicron specific to squad arena and have "unless a GL is present", so it could be worse!

Honestly, i don't think "it could be worse so be grateful for what we are getting" is a good argument

I was excited when I read IPD was getting an omicron, since he's a great unit that needs a touch-up to be relevant again

He's a rare empire unit that barely gets any usage (i know he worked well countering Rey at one point, and with droids)

Could we have gotten a worse omicron? Yes, but I never use IPD on TB to get 4/4 in every wave, so its just as non-existent / omicron-less unit to me
  • People should consider that the omicron for TB are more new-low players oriented. As a unit that you will unlock without farming, it provides a means for those players. If you have over 5 million GP, you really should not need that omicron.

For once there is new content not only for end-game.
    What? No.

You'll need a DarkSide toon with the ability to resurrect other toons in order to gain any benefit.

Is there any other DS reviver than Daka?

It revives itself at the beginning of each wave.
    What? No.

visas?
  • wqnxy wrote: »
    Sebek wrote: »
    What? No.

visas?

She's LS
    rocket1420 wrote: »
    What? No.

Not the question, i was asking if there are any other DS revivers than Daka, not if IPD can revive itself.

Wat?
    What? No.

Not the question, i was asking if there are any other DS revivers than Daka, not if IPD can revive itself.

Wat?

Wat is Seps only, though I guess he does technically count as a DS reviver. Not very useful here though.
  • Arguably the most useless omicron to date.

Who would waste 20 mats on a DSGEO unit? 😂
    What? No.

Wat?

Wat is Seps only, though I guess he does technically count as a DS reviver. Not very useful here though.

Wat revives Seps or dark side droids…pretty sure IPD qualifies as a dark side droid.
    Revive a random Separatist or Dark Side Droid ally at 100% Health and grant all allies Protection Over Time (30%) for 2 turns. Trigger the healing of all Heal Over Time buffs on allies and the damage of all Damage Over Time debuffs on enemies.
    What? No.

Wat?

Wat revives Seps or dark side droids…pretty sure IPD qualifies as a dark side droid.
    Revive a random Separatist or Dark Side Droid ally at 100% Health and grant all allies Protection Over Time (30%) for 2 turns. Trigger the healing of all Heal Over Time buffs on allies and the damage of all Damage Over Time debuffs on enemies.

So he does. I guess I never read that that closely, and just always used it on Sep droids if it came up. Not often I run non-Sep DS droids.
    What? No.

Wat?

So he does. I guess I never read that that closely, and just always used it on Sep droids if it came up. Not often I run non-Sep DS droids.

I’ve run IG88 occasionally with him specifically for that reason.

Although it wouldn’t make much sense still…the only phase where this could really make a difference is P4, and Wat’s already more or less locked to the special mission there.
  • TargetEadu wrote: »
    Will IPD self-revive with this ability if it uses Self-Destruct? That blocks him reviving normally.
    Vendi1983 wrote: »
    TargetEadu wrote: »

It literally says in the green text "Imperial Probe Droid can be revived after using Self Destruct...", so I'll go with yes it can.
    What? No.

NOTE: responding to your interpretation of "can be revived". On the other hand, **while in TB and if there's another encounter after the encounter in which IPD dies**, then IPD auto revives at the beginning of the next wave.

You'll need a DarkSide toon with the ability to resurrect other toons in order to gain any benefit within the context of a single encounter. .

Okay, yeah this is right. Omicron lets IPD revive after Self-Destruct (in any case of revive), and lets him revive at the start of encounters.

Omicrons are complicated.
  • Ultra wrote: »
    Wow, really powerful. I wasn't planning on getting IPD and gearing him/her up but I'm totally gonna do it now.

Honestly, i don't think "it could be worse so be grateful for what we are getting" is a good argument

I was excited when I read IPD was getting an omicron, since he's a great unit that needs a touch-up to be relevant again

He's a rare empire unit that barely gets any usage (i know he worked well countering Rey at one point, and with droids)

Could we have gotten a worse omicron? Yes, but I never use IPD on TB to get 4/4 in every wave, so its just as non-existent / omicron-less unit to me

The argument is as bad as my ability to convey sarcasm, and this is just DS factions remaining too stale (with some exceptions), and it's a shame because an outdated DS character got a rework and the effort was squandered on this irrelevant omicron.
  • dgree wrote: »
    The argument is as bad as my ability to convey sarcasm, and this is just DS factions remaining too stale (with some exceptions), and it's a shame because an outdated DS character got a rework and the effort was squandered on this irrelevant omicron.

Just because it's irrelevant to you doesn't mean that it's irrelevant to everyone.

@Sebek https://wiki.swgoh.help/wiki/Revive
    "Never make the mistake of believing forbearance equates to acceptance, or that all positions are equally valid."
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn
  • So if that +300% offense carries over every wave when it uses Self Destruct you'll have +900% offense going into 4/4...?!
  • Kisakee wrote: »

Just because it's irrelevant to you doesn't mean that it's irrelevant to everyone.

I didn't say "irrelevant to me", I said "irrelevant." IPD's omicron is irrelevant. Omicrons are a scarce high-end resource, and empire DS TB fun and IPD gear are firmly in the luxury department. Just because you want to r9 every Tusken in the game doesn't mean it's relevant to gameplay for anyone outside of a tiny niche of players relicing an obsolete faction (raider for LV aside).

CG put effort into trying to make IPD relevant and it's a whiff. I hope whoever invests heavily in IPD has fun with him, but it's not a remotely smart use of resources.
  • dgree wrote: »
    Kisakee wrote: »

I didn't say "irrelevant to me", I said "irrelevant." IPD's omicron is irrelevant.

That's just your opinion, not everyone elses. Don't be so arrogant to claim everyone is having the same sight on things as you.
    "Never make the mistake of believing forbearance equates to acceptance, or that all positions are equally valid."
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn