please take crystals out of fleet arena

Prev1
Zeth
9 posts Member
edited December 2021
i finally got my executor to 7* today thinking that now that i don't have to use the malevolence executor-counter fleet that i'd finally be able to actually climb into the top 10 in fleet arena again. unfortunately this is not the case. i only won a single battle out of 10. i saved crystals for a month for this nonsense. this is insanely stupid. i hate the executor. i hate the devs who came up with it. i hate having to try to fight them every stupid day and not getting anywhere. this has to change. i'm seriously considering quitting over this. this stupid ship is not as advertised for me and is ruining any chance of fun that this game has for me anymore since i'm about to start getting murdered daily in GAC and my crystal income is singing like the freaking titanic.
Post edited by crzydroid on

Replies

• Thats like one-star reviewing a restaurant because portion sizes are too large…
  • thomssi
    526 posts Member
    edited December 2021
    Figure out how to use it instead of whining. Xaereth has a good video.

Still, obviously, if you can't work out how to use your new toy then best take others away out of spite.
    Post edited by thomssi on
  • It's the worst meta that's come out for either arena. JKR was bad but it's worse than that. You'll eventually get some of the patterns down but people still run into really bad RNG streaks. One of the biggest things they could do would be to give players an on-screen counter for both fleets' TL and breach counts. It's impossible to tell and it drives the most important decisions of the battle.
  • HokieFiend wrote: »
    It's the worst meta that's come out for either arena. JKR was bad but it's worse than that. You'll eventually get some of the patterns down but people still run into really bad RNG streaks. One of the biggest things they could do would be to give players an on-screen counter for both fleets' TL and breach counts. It's impossible to tell and it drives the most important decisions of the battle.

Seriously, if you do the right modding and plan your moves, there is little to no RNG involved to climb with the 7* executor.

If the expectation is to hit auto and win, then you probably shall wait for the Ravager.
  • Antario wrote: »
    HokieFiend wrote: »
    It's the worst meta that's come out for either arena. JKR was bad but it's worse than that. You'll eventually get some of the patterns down but people still run into really bad RNG streaks. One of the biggest things they could do would be to give players an on-screen counter for both fleets' TL and breach counts. It's impossible to tell and it drives the most important decisions of the battle.

Seriously, if you do the right modding and plan your moves, there is little to no RNG involved to climb with the 7* executor.

If the expectation is to hit auto and win, then you probably shall wait for the Ravager.

Did I say I was losing?

Downgrading characters should never be encouraged. They should come up with a remedy for it.

• Titanic sings?
  • HokieFiend wrote: »
    Downgrading characters should never be encouraged. They should come up with a remedy for it.
    That's the only thing that still bothers me. It can make battles much easier if Xanadu Blood is faster than Razor Crest, but if you have R7+ Bando that's only possible if removing mods. Which is absolutely no problem in fleet arena, but not possible during GAC.
  • Or take fleets out of Gac.
  • If you don't want crystals in fleet arena and aren't suggesting they move them somewhere else, then just don't play fleet arena. Why would you suggest that because you're bad at/frustrated by something that everyone else be punished? F2P, especially newer players, rely on Fleet (and formerly squad) arena crystals to supplement the pitiful GAC crystals at lower divisions. Are you really so spiteful that you'd ask that income be taken away too? With such shortsighted, egocentric comments driven by personal issues, you should apply for a job at CG.
  • Please add more crystals to fleet arena so that I get richer and the OP falls to The Dark Side. I hear Darth Binks is looking for an apprentice. ;)
  • You’d think someone who poured that many resources into a ship would also take the time to find out how to best use it…

All I’m hearing is “I can’t win therefore others must suffer”
  • Skill issue
  • Or just for you know, a laugh or something, think about what your doing and bring a ship that maybe counters the tl on the other side.. as a hint if you rearrange these letters you get the ship ebon hawk..
  • I like how they got rid of arena crystals because they refused to stop the shard hoarding, and yet they leave fleet, where the exact same issue exists. It's almost as if their "reasons" were just make-believe
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Or take fleets out of Gac.

I was thinking similarly. The OP is being childish but there is now inconsistency where fleets are effectively a double whammy. All good for me as relatively my fleets are stronger than my "normal" stuff but posting in the spirit of fairness.

Right now they should probably remove fleets from GAC and have "normal" toons only.

If they want to make a similar move with fleet (i.e. rewards come from GAC) then it is tricky.as to kind of balance crystals and arena return then you would need more fleets in GAC which would i) annoy many, many people, ii) be near impossible due to lack of ships.

I know ship crystals were lower down the order but at the top then similar so it is difficult to see how to mesh them fairly. Right now though top fleet players (again including me to show my objectivity) have a new found favourable bias.

The easy (and maybe best) solution, is, as you say, just remove fleets from GAC and let fleet arena be permanently but they have created a conundrum for themselves here with things being meshed and not in different areas of the game.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    OP: Please take crystals out of fleet arena
    CG: You got it
    OP: Wait the GAC crystals didn't change?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Gifafi wrote: »
    I like how they got rid of arena crystals because they refused to stop the shard hoarding, and yet they leave fleet, where the exact same issue exists. It's almost as if their "reasons" were just make-believe

GL's made it so people were less willing to whale on the next one since GL's can be beaten by other GL's.

Now, with crystals in GAC people have incentive to whale on the new toon(s) for the extra edge.

Fleet can now be monetized as squad arena was. Within the year 2022 f2p will be locked out of top spots of fleet arena similar to squad arena in the past.
  • thomssi wrote: »
    Or take fleets out of Gac.

I was thinking similarly. The OP is being childish but there is now inconsistency where fleets are effectively a double whammy. All good for me as relatively my fleets are stronger than my "normal" stuff but posting in the spirit of fairness.

Right now they should probably remove fleets from GAC and have "normal" toons only.

If they want to make a similar move with fleet (i.e. rewards come from GAC) then it is tricky.as to kind of balance crystals and arena return then you would need more fleets in GAC which would i) annoy many, many people, ii) be near impossible due to lack of ships.

I know ship crystals were lower down the order but at the top then similar so it is difficult to see how to mesh them fairly. Right now though top fleet players (again including me to show my objectivity) have a new found favourable bias.

The easy (and maybe best) solution, is, as you say, just remove fleets from GAC and let fleet arena be permanently but they have created a conundrum for themselves here with things being meshed and not in different areas of the game.

Why do you want to punish people who invested more time and energy in fleets than in GLs? Currently my Executor is the only thing that still gives me a chance to win when I have to fight someone with twice the amount of GLs that I have.
  • @Zeth, I agree with you but for a different reason. Im more with @Gifafi . in my arena it wont matter if you have the top ship, because Of the mafia. At least in your case you can learn to beat executors to lessen rng
  • CadoaBane wrote: »
    thomssi wrote: »
    Or take fleets out of Gac.

Why do you want to punish people who invested more time and energy in fleets than in GLs? Currently my Executor is the only thing that still gives me a chance to win when I have to fight someone with twice the amount of GLs that I have.

I don't and if you read my post then you would know I am basically advocating costing myself.

My point is strong fleets are now effectively double dipping (including me so great if they don't change it from a selfish point of view but from a fairness one they should).
  • The problem here isn't fleet arena crystals, the problem is that you whaled your crystals on CG's poorly-developed fleet. The goal wasn't to make a good meta, the goal was to try to use meta power to push you into the trap and it worked.
  • There's a learning curve to the ship (and it changes with different star levels). I was able to constantly beat 7 star Executors with my 6 star Executor. After getting to 7 stars, my rank actually went down because I was losing a lot. It took maybe a few days to a week of really playing it and studying what was happening to figure out the new strategies needed to win consistently with my new 7star Exeggutor. I lose maybe 5% of my matches now due to horrendous RNG, and even those losses are getting rarer as I figure out how to deal with all the bad RNG scenarios.

Maybe spend more than a day learning how the 7 star ship and fleet work together before saying the new meta is trash. It's been super fun for me. I prefer this meta to the Negotiator meta. The battles are much more fun IMO. And I'm mostly F2P. I buy a $20 pack of crystals if I ever run out, which is like maybe 3 times a year. And there are a lot of whales on my shard. So you don't need to be a whale to make this work
  • Zeth wrote: »
    i finally got my executor to 7* today thinking that now that i don't have to use the malevolence executor-counter fleet that i'd finally be able to actually climb into the top 10 in fleet arena again. unfortunately this is not the case. i only won a single battle out of 10. i saved crystals for a month for this nonsense. this is insanely stupid. i hate the executor. i hate the devs who came up with it. i hate having to try to fight them every stupid day and not getting anywhere. this has to change. i'm seriously considering quitting over this. this stupid ship is not as advertised for me and is ruining any chance of fun that this game has for me anymore since i'm about to start getting murdered daily in GAC and my crystal income is singing like the freaking titanic.

If you hate the devs and the executor so much then go play another game or just choose not to play fleets or use the Executor.
    i only won a single battle out of 10.
    i saved crystals for a month for this nonsense.
    this is insanely stupid.
    i hate the executor.
    i hate the devs who came up with it
    i hate having to try to fight them every stupid day and not getting anywhere. this has to change. i'm seriously considering quitting over this. this stupid ship is not as advertised for me and is ruining any chance of fun that this game has for me anymore since i'm about to start getting murdered daily in GAC and my crystal income is singing like the freaking titanic.

I think you have been possessed by Lord Vader. Emporer Palp would adore you.
    i only won a single battle out of 10.
    i saved crystals for a month for this nonsense.
    this is insanely stupid.
    i hate the executor.
    i hate the devs who came up with it
    i hate having to try to fight them every stupid day and not getting anywhere. this has to change. i'm seriously considering quitting over this. this stupid ship is not as advertised for me and is ruining any chance of fun that this game has for me anymore since i'm about to start getting murdered daily in GAC and my crystal income is singing like the freaking titanic.

I think you have been possessed by Lord Vader. Emporer Palp would adore you.

Are you ok?
  • I totally agree with Zeth
    Zeth wrote: »
    unfortunately this is not the case. i only won a single battle out of 10. i saved crystals for a month for this nonsense. this is insanely stupid. i hate the executor. i hate the devs who came up with it. i hate having to try to fight them every stupid day and not getting anywhere. this has to change. i'm seriously considering quitting over this. this stupid ship is not as advertised for me and is ruining any chance of fun that this game has for me.

I’m not able to beat the executor in the last 20 attempts in a row now because whoever gets to go first automatically wins. Now everyone in my shard is in a rat race to r9 pilots because of this. Strategy and skill is thrown out the window. $$$ Don’t even ask me about GAC; I’m facing big accounts with atleast 2-3 GLs more than me.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    robjeyaraj wrote: »
    I totally agree with Zeth
    Zeth wrote: »
    unfortunately this is not the case. i only won a single battle out of 10. i saved crystals for a month for this nonsense. this is insanely stupid. i hate the executor. i hate the devs who came up with it. i hate having to try to fight them every stupid day and not getting anywhere. this has to change. i'm seriously considering quitting over this. this stupid ship is not as advertised for me and is ruining any chance of fun that this game has for me.

I’m not able to beat the executor in the last 20 attempts in a row now because whoever gets to go first automatically wins.

False.
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    Put crystals into TW
  • Put Fleet arena crystals into Galactic wars.