TW now requiring 50 banners to receive rewards?

Prev134
When did this become a requirement?
Being a mixed level guild our younger rosters only place 1 team on defence as we want everyone to share the rewards however this time they've had a message saying they didn't qualify for rewards.

Replies

• So this is per player, if you as an individual do not get 50 banners then it is like you never joined?
  • Notworking wrote: »
    Being a mixed level guild our younger rosters only place 1 team on defence as we want everyone to share the rewards however this time they've had a message saying they didn't qualify for rewards.

2g68cjtkucne.png
  • This is ****. First, I am reasonably well informed and had no idea this change was coming (no one else I know knew either). Second, it's a huge new pain in terms of organization to ensure everyone has access to rewards, especially for smaller guilds that don't have as many slots to fill.
  • Wow 🤩 CG not giving anyone free rides, so much for any leisurely play anymore. Next they’ll get rid of events and make it purely a competition game!
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    Notworking wrote: »

?????

Are you implying in a mix level guild all 50 members can't get at least 50 banners?
  • Just had a Guild member report the same thing. I don't remember seeing this announced in any patch notes.
  • Ultra wrote: »

?????

Are you implying in a mix level guild all 50 members can't get at least 50 banners?

No, we have 1M GP players in a 240M GP guild. The younger rosters can't beat GL or relic teams so they place either 1 fleet or 1 squad on defence.
  • 59kr4igr6df5.png

same here. i probably could have set more D had I known. My roster is kinda small in a larger guild, so i hate to take a Defense slot with a soft team. Lesson learned, i guess. smh
  • 42pb7w842kpk.jpg
    Was this there before? ^^
  • 42pb7w842kpk.jpg
    Was this there before? ^^

It was there before/during this TW yes. I do not believe it was in prior iterations.
  • mariogsh
    783 posts Member
    edited December 2021
    Yeah, I don't remember this being announced on patch notes, but I'm glad they added, well, if you did nothing for your team, why would you deserve rewards? lol

Maybe 50 is a bit to high and should be let's say, 10-20, but this is a great change
  • mariogsh wrote: »
    Yeah, I don't remember this being announced on patch notes, but I'm glad they added, well, if you did nothing for your team, why would you deserve rewards? lol

Maybe 50 is a bit to high and should be let's say, 10-20, but this is a great change

I don't think anyone necessarily has a problem with that, but it wasn't communicated, hence the disappointment.
  • el_mago wrote: »
    mariogsh wrote: »

I don't think anyone necessarily has a problem with that, but it wasn't communicated, hence the disappointment.

This ^^
  • The lack of communication is the issue. It also needs to be on the join screen not the reward screen.
    I think it would be reasonable to give the guild rewards to all the players who did participate and get banners but didn’t hit 50.
    It also needs posted as an update and in game message.
    "If you always do what you've always done, you will always get what you've always got"
  • Notworking wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »

?????

No, we have 1M GP players in a 240M GP guild. The younger rosters can't beat GL or relic teams so they place either 1 fleet or 1 squad on defence.

So they're not really contributing anything, are they? Why should they get a free boost because they joined their family or friends guild?
  • The_old1 wrote: »
    The lack of communication is the issue. It also needs to be on the join screen not the reward screen.
    I think it would be reasonable to give the guild rewards to all the players who did participate and get banners but didn’t hit 50.
    It also needs posted as an update and in game message.

Agreed aaaand...
    Ultra wrote: »

?????

So they're not really contributing anything, are they? Why should they get a free boost because they joined their family or friends guild?

Agreed
  • gwi0mp7rznsl.png
  • The change is a good one. The problem is no one told us. I'm now seeing 10 people in my guild who must have gotten a surprise today. At least they know now.

Of course, having the Conquest Pass button push the TW button off the screen probably contributed to some of them forgetting about TW. Another problem.
  • This is absolute ****! When was this communicated? We got absolutely stonewalled thanks to being matched up with a guild nearly 50 mil gp over us. There was no way our attackers were getting 50 banners a piece.
  • Wookieebush
    92 posts Member
    edited December 2021
    Oh no, freeloaders can’t mooch off their guild mates anymore. Anyway.
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    I think this is a good change, but I do agree with the complaint that it was added this time, without any prior communication
  • Personally I agree with this minimuns and they could be even higher.

The problem was the lack of communication...and it's hard to understand how CG miss a thing like this.
  • If you aren’t earning 50 banners setting D or making attacks maybe this is not a game mode for you.
  • Foxypad
    10 posts Member
    edited December 2021
    To @CG_SBCrumb_MINI please can you let us know why this was not communicated to players. After years playing TW no player checks to see if the small print changes in the reward tab. Our guild had a serious mismatch again where we had 60 less GLs than opposition. Officers advised guildies to focus on their GAC and Conquest rather than waste time in a TW we couldn’t win. Big mistake as 13 players missed out on rewards, if they knew they only had to place a few teams on defense they would have.
    Post edited by Foxypad on

Maybe you should stick to posting about things you have a clue about? You never got rewards if you did nothing for your team. This is the first time they've required more than 1 banner earned for rewards, though, and it was never announced in advance or included in any patch notes.
  • Excellent change.
    No more leechers after this hopefully.
  • Dianora wrote: »
    mariogsh wrote: »

Maybe you should stick to posting about things you have a clue about? You never got rewards if you did nothing for your team. This is the first time they've required more than 1 banner earned for rewards, though, and it was never announced in advance or included in any patch notes.

Oh really? Sorry about that.

Yeah, of course I've no clue about it, I've ALWAYS supported my guild, so I would never know about that ;)
    Yeah, of course I've no clue about it, I've ALWAYS supported my guild, so I would never know about that ;)

Obviously never a guild officer. The requirement to score “a” banner in TW for rewards has been in the game for years. So no one that wasn’t contributing at all received anything in the past either.
    It was IMO sufficient that way, oh well.

Lack of communication is really the biggest problem here. And the amount of game play time this “mobile game” now requires, is going way over the top.

Now I’m off to my 8m-10m GAC matchup. Nothing like being matched to someone in the top 100 gp in the world.

Dred Zeppelin aka DrZeppersTTV Come visit DrZeppers on twitch

Obviously never a guild officer. The requirement to score “a” banner in TW for rewards has been in the game for years. So no one that wasn’t contributing at all received anything in the past either.
    It was IMO sufficient that way, oh well.

Lack of communication is really the biggest problem here. And the amount of game play time this “mobile game” now requires, is going way over the top.

Now I’m off to my 8m-10m GAC matchup. Nothing like being matched to someone in the top 100 gp in the world.

I was a guild officer once, never noticed you got a "banner" that said "if you don't get 1 banner, you get no rewards"

Anyways, I wasn't in charge of TW stuff, so...
  • Nah you didn’t need banners before. They just needed you to participate and we tested this back when we took in baby accounts with less than 5 toons at 6k gp. Place no defence and do an attack but fail it. 0 banners but they receive their rewards.

However with where we are in the game currently (mid-tier), this makes no difference. Smaller guilds would suffer and players who just hit lv65 and are able to join TW won’t be able to get anything out of it at all. You want rewards? Can I interest you in a hyperdrive bundle?

Of course, assuming these reward restrictions also apply to sub-100m guilds