Missing Executor event

Prev1
This is the second month in a row since I have fulfilled all of the requirements for the Executor that the event has not been available for me to unlock the ship. What is going on?

Replies

• Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    d43fh1lo6wzp.png

Event ran on the 15th
  • Ultra wrote: »
    d43fh1lo6wzp.png

Event ran on the 15th

Yep, and I was online numerous times all day long, same as every day, and the event never showed up, just like last month.
  • Tygra wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    d43fh1lo6wzp.png

Event ran on the 15th

Yep, and I was online numerous times all day long, same as every day, and the event never showed up, just like last month.

Are you 100% sure you got all the requirements? Can you screenshot them please so that people can see you're actually ready for it?
  • I may be mistaken, but don't you have to go into the journey guide to do the initial multi-phase event?

Afaik the part that runs in the special events section is the bonus tier for bonus shards. To unlock you have to do the event through the journey guide, no?
  • I may be mistaken, but don't you have to go into the journey guide to do the initial multi-phase event?

Afaik the part that runs in the special events section is the bonus tier for bonus shards. To unlock you have to do the event through the journey guide, no?

I'm pretty sure you're right lol

You are correct. You need to go to the journey guide on the day of the event to unlock the ship.
    Only then will the "bonus" event appear in the normal "event" area of the game.
  • Last 3 comments are correct. You must unlock the event before it will show up.
    I may be mistaken, but don't you have to go into the journey guide to do the initial multi-phase event?

You're not mistaken.
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.
  • dcen9ffm9lo3.jpg
  • anqplw2vqki3.jpg
  • So because I was currently working on unlocking JMLS the event didn't show up even though I have it unlocked? How freaking stupid is that?
    So because I was currently working on unlocking JMLS the event didn't show up even though I have it unlocked? How freaking stupid is that?

You keep making the same statements and we keep telling you something else.

For the final time, on the day of the event, go to the screen that you have posted above. Do the four missions that are there. Once you have won all four missions, you will be able to unlock the Exec.

Once the ship is unlocked, you can then go to the normal event area in the game and you can play the bonus monthly event that will be unlocked for you going forward.

This is the second month you have complained about the missing event. Trying following our collective instructions next time.

The event will return on Jan 15. Don't say "Nobody told me"
    7l0ep7ht2eo3.png
    So because I was currently working on unlocking JMLS the event didn't show up even though I have it unlocked? How freaking stupid is that?

For the final time, on the day of the event, go to the screen that you have posted above. Do the four missions that are there. Once you have won all four missions, you will be able to unlock the Exec.

Once the ship is unlocked, you can then go to the normal event area in the game and you can play the bonus monthly event that will be unlocked for you going forward.

This is the second month you have complained about the missing event. Trying following our collective instructions next time.

7l0ep7ht2eo3.png

I'll make sure I set a reminder. This is absolutely stupid. The requirements to unlock the ship require way too much time and resources for this ship not to be available to unlock the minute you fulfill the requirements. Having to wait for a certain day, once a month, to be able to unlock the ship, especially when there is no mention of the event being available in the game, unless you have that current journey selected, is absolutely ignorant on the part of CG. I shouldn't have to search outside of the game to find when the event is going to be available to play because the event doesn't show up unless you have it selected. No other event in the history of this game has functioned this way. Also, there is no need to be rude about it. I finally got my JKLS to relic 8 and started working on my JMLS. I shouldn't have to try to remember what day the Executor event is going to be active this month so that I can make sure I have it and not another GL selected in my journey guide because the game fails to give any notification in game that the event is active.
    Tygra wrote: »

7l0ep7ht2eo3.png

I'll make sure I set a reminder. This is absolutely stupid.

And yet thousands of people have got the Executor. The event also shows in the "Events"tab while running and in the days running up to it.

It really isn't that difficult to spot.
  • To the OP I agree it’s a really bad UI but since you missed it last month you should have been more observant this time. As a rule of thumb in this game is to always expect that communication, information and UI is severely lacking or outright wrong.
  • HandSolo93
    156 posts Member
    edited December 2021

7l0ep7ht2eo3.png

I'll make sure I set a reminder. This is absolutely stupid. The requirements to unlock the ship require way too much time and resources for this ship not to be available to unlock the minute you fulfill the requirements. Having to wait for a certain day, once a month, to be able to unlock the ship, especially when there is no mention of the event being available in the game, unless you have that current journey selected, is absolutely ignorant on the part of CG. I shouldn't have to search outside of the game to find when the event is going to be available to play because the event doesn't show up unless you have it selected. No other event in the history of this game has functioned this way. Also, there is no need to be rude about it. I finally got my JKLS to relic 8 and started working on my JMLS. I shouldn't have to try to remember what day the Executor event is going to be active this month so that I can make sure I have it and not another GL selected in my journey guide because the game fails to give any notification in game that the event is active.

You might be new to the game. Before the journey guide was introduced, this was the case for every single legendary character in the game. And those didn’t come around every month, but 1-2 times a year. If you missed the event for Revan, you had to wait around 6 months until your next shot. We did get around three days notice ahead in game, but we had no idea when the next event would be, so we had no idea if we would make the requirements in time or not.
  • AlexanderG wrote: »

7l0ep7ht2eo3.png

I'll make sure I set a reminder. This is absolutely stupid.

And yet thousands of people have got the Executor. The event also shows in the "Events"tab while running and in the days running up to it.

It really isn't that difficult to spot.

That only happens after unlock. First you have to unlock in the journey guide. Then, it works like any other event. Apparently, op forgot that and didn't look at the journey guide in all day. And next month he'll forget again and complain here again.
  • crzydroid
    7254 posts Moderator
    Ultra wrote: »
    d43fh1lo6wzp.png

Event ran on the 15th

It doesn't show up in Events until you have it unlocked. You have to reach it initially through Journey Guide and have to have the Journey unlocked.
  • CapD
    22 posts Member
    edited December 2021
    I had no idea I had to do anything to activate the event. I have all the requirements, and I’m hearing the event may have happened a few days ago. Is this the case? If so, there was no indication in my events that it was taking place. Did I have to do something special to “activate” the event? If so… why?!?

(Seeing in this thread now that yes, for some inexplicable reason, that is not stated anywhere in the game that I know, I had to actively say I want to participate in this event, when no other limited time event does this).

The game can easily detect if you’ve met the requirements and put it in your events like all the other ships! Also, how was I supposed to know that? Obviously other ppl have known to do it, but IN THE GAME, what messaging was there to indicate that for THIS ship, for some reason, I have to do something different to access an event?
    I’m no newbie. 7m+ GP, have played for years and play and check events multiple times a day. There’s no way I should have missed this.
  • CapD wrote: »
    I had no idea I had to do anything to activate the event. I have all the requirements, and I’m hearing the event may have happened a few days ago. Is this the case? If so, there was no indication in my events that it was taking place. Did I have to do something special to “activate” the event? If so… why?!? The game can easily detect if you’ve met the requirements and put it in your events like all the other ships! Also, how was I supposed to know that? Obviously other ppl have known to do it, but IN THE GAME, what messaging was there to help me understand that for THIS ship even I, for some reason, have to do something different to access an event that now I’ll presumably have to wait another full month for (unless I’m wrong and I didn’t somehow miss it?)
    If you read the other posts in this thread, you would see:

- you have missed the event this month
    - It’s back on 15 January
    - You need to activate the ship via the journey guide before it appears in Events

• Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Tbf, this is awful by CG.
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    QDbS9H6.gif?noredirect
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH

It doesn't 'show up'. You have to go there to run it.

Working the JML even just shows you tags on characters and puts gold tags on gear so you can see needs gear. I don't think it does anything else other than that.

Nothing pops up to tell you the event is active on the day it's active. Nothing. Is that dumb? Yes, yes it is. But that's who it is. On 'that' day you have to go into the journey guide to access the quest. I don't know if you have to click 'begin journey'...on event date the button activated to allow you into the event.
    This is the second month in a row since I have fulfilled all of the requirements for the Executor that the event has not been available for me to unlock the ship. What is going on?

oizl534jpkdy.jpg

Just an FYI.

oizl534jpkdy.jpg

Just an FYI.

But that event is only available if you've already unlocked, right?

Otherwise, it's in the Journey Guide, I believe.
  • el_mago wrote: »

oizl534jpkdy.jpg

Just an FYI.

What he said ^^

You will have to select the event in the solo section of the journey guide to start the event. I do agree that it is a bit of a pain when you first start the event, but it's fairly straightforward after that.
  • el_mago wrote: »

Correct. Once the event begins, go to the journey guide and do the mission there. THEN go to the event section within the game and do the bonus mission.

@Tygra - just an FYI
  • zatho
    747 posts Member
    I agree with you, a pop-up would be very kind, if you fullfill all requirements. Telling you, that the event is availabe in the journey guide and leading you there, when you don't close it. I also don't understand why the Event is hidden in the Events section before you completed the journey. Other events like Raddus or Finalicer are also there when you don't have ships to do any of these battles.
  • zatho wrote: »
    I agree with you, a pop-up would be very kind, if you fullfill all requirements. Telling you, that the event is availabe in the journey guide and leading you there

You mean something like this?
    2r8bzlx9brb1.png
  • zatho
    747 posts Member
    zatho wrote: »
    I agree with you, a pop-up would be very kind, if you fullfill all requirements. Telling you, that the event is availabe in the journey guide and leading you there

You mean something like this?
    2r8bzlx9brb1.png

Exactly, just maybe don't show it to those people who have already unlocked the bonus tier
  • Zumwan
    354 posts Member
    edited January 2022
    zatho wrote: »

Exactly, just maybe don't show it to those people who have already unlocked the bonus tier

And maybe don't show it to people who haven't even started with the requirements