Kit Reveal: Starkiller

2Next

Replies

• Can we get something clarified?

Size means nothing:
    80% max health to all enemies
    Is the 80% max health damage the total damage that is split between all enemies or will every single enemy get 80% max health damage from Starkillers health?

There is much conflict in you:
    all allies gain the following bonuses:
    100% Critical Damage and Max Health
    35 Speed
    100% Max Protection until the first time Starkiller is defeated
    Immune to Daze and Stun
    Do all allies really gain those bonuses, especially the 100% CD and Health?
    Because in the second part, it says:
    All allies have +35 Speed
    This part is weird because they already have 35 speed according to the top part.

Would be nice if someone can clarify it.
  • Mucro
    101 posts Member
    Akenno wrote: »
    Can we get something clarified?

Size means nothing:
    Is the 80% max health damage the total damage that is split between all enemies or will every single enemy get 80% max health damage from Starkillers health?

35 Speed
    Immune to Daze and Stun
    This part is weird because they already have 35 speed according to the top part.

If the 80 % max health to all enemies works like every other ability with a similar text, it'd mean they all take 80 % each, not split. I'll wager that all enemies take 80 % of his max health as damage, each.

As for the omicron, those are additional bonuses that come on top of the base ability it applies to. So if the base ability gives all allies +35 speed, and the omicron also adds +35 speed, that's a total of +70 speed in that particular game mode. For all other game modes it will be just the base +35 speed.
  • Mucro wrote: »

Size means nothing:

35 Speed
    Immune to Daze and Stun

If the 80 % max health to all enemies works like every other ability with a similar text, it'd mean they all take 80 % each, not split. I'll wager that all enemies take 80 % of his max health as damage, each.

As for the omicron, those are additional bonuses that come on top of the base ability it applies to. So if the base ability gives all allies +35 speed, and the omicron also adds +35 speed, that's a total of +70 speed in that particular game mode. For all other game modes it will be just the base +35 speed.

Would be nice if it'll work like that!
    Especially the bonuses.
    Thanks!
  • Look i'm not trying to blame CG for everything, like Lord Vader's portrait is the best portrait in the game and i'm thankful for that but if i see something wrong i will always speak about it. Other than that Lord Vader needs offense buff and adjusting to his appearance ASAP. That is certain.
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    Mucro wrote: »

Size means nothing:

35 Speed
    Immune to Daze and Stun

Yeah

80% max health damage per enemy, if it would split, then it would say so like Rey's ultimate

Omicron adds the bonuses on top of what was before (making it +70)
  • Is this the first aoe basic in the game?

I believe there's an enemy in one of the PvE events (training droid smuggling or something) with an aoe basic. But yes, first aoe basic on an unlockable character
  • Livid wrote: »
    Is this the first aoe basic in the game?

I believe there's an enemy in one of the PvE events (training droid smuggling or something) with an aoe basic. But yes, first aoe basic on an unlockable character

GAS, GLs: Am I a joke to you?
  • Livid wrote: »
    Is this the first aoe basic in the game?

GAS, GLs: Am I a joke to you?

Wrong reply. You meant to reply to the 'is this 1st GL basic'
    My discord - BabyYoda#4470 My swgoh.gg - https://swgoh.gg/p/648565123/
  • Didn’t Mace pull down a star destroyer? Why is our version so weak!?
  • Didn’t Mace pull down a star destroyer? Why is our version so weak!?

no rework for Mace, and on top of that, no Omicron!
  • Any insight on how good Starkiller is yet?
  • HandSolo93
    156 posts Member
    edited December 2021
    TargetEadu wrote: »
    Any insight on how good Starkiller is yet?

Seems pretty average overall. As a stand alone character he is above average; his basic hits really hard, and his «ultimate» is basically an «I win-button». All in all he plays like a weaker SEE, where the objective is to put together a squad that can help him survive long enough to pull down the Star destroyer.

But he doesn’t enable any new teams to excel it seems, he doesn’t add a new threat to the pool of squads. He needs very specific squads to even defeat non-GL squads, and he is most likely unable to defeat GL-squads. Part of the reason why he doesn’t appear to be at the power level his requirements entail could be that there isn’t a leader out there that brings the squad together. They all just rely on individual strengths, weak leader abilities like Old Ben and Barriss, and Starkiller’s unique giving bonuses if the composition is correct. With a proper leader ability I can see him work better in a squad.

As I see it, he is probably going to excel in GA once he has all three omicrons, but outside of that he just works as a cleanup for average squads.
  • Starslayer
    2413 posts Member
    edited December 2021
    His requirements are pretty low imo, I agree with the Journey guide: tier 4 seems alright. It seems high now because marquees, but in 6 months, it will just be 4 characters at r5 (and pretty good characters overall), which is basically the new g13.
    3 omicrons is a lot though, as we get about 1 per month, especially if we have omicrons in most new characters now on. We’ll see next week if he deserves them (thanks in advance to those who’ll try it btw).
  • Starslayer wrote: »
    His requirements are pretty low imo, I agree with the Journey guide: tier 4 seems alright. It seems high now because marquees, but in 6 months, it will just be 4 characters at r5 (and pretty good characters overall), which is basically the new g13.
    3 omicrons is a lot though, as we get about 1 per month, especially if we have omicrons in most new characters now on. We’ll see next week if he deserves them (thanks in advance to those who’ll try it btw).

There are characters with lower requirements that perform better and create stronger squads. Take for example CLS, who creates a much better squad than any squad tested with Starkiller so far, and has been accessible for ages with only g8 on very easy to obtain characters.

There could be a character we’re «missing», like Maul for LV, but I think that’s a symptom of bad design.
  • I am correct to assume that Starkiller "works" with only one particular squad? Sounds very boring 😴 I don't want to be forced to play Old Ben, Bariss, Visas Marr...
  • He is like SEE, you just need a team to keep him alive long enough to let him use his “UA”
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Seems like he’s not meta but will help in gac as he works with characters not pulled from other squads which I find happens a lot. You get a new character but have to destroy one or two other squads to make them viable.
  • 4 requirments: boost the team of his/her faction
    Starkiller himself: form a new team, because team members are rarely used somewhere else.
  • 4x incredibly powerful marquee chars that you want to farm and gear up anyway to become/stay competetive. Getting SK as a "freebie" (it's not like you have to also get some trash chars like Rose). Pretty confident he's gonna slay certain GLs with X omicrons (maybe he gonna need all 3, maybe only 1-2 will alrdy do it) and DV.

Can't get better than that.
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Yotd1076
    56 posts Member
    edited December 2021
    In GAC Starkiller assists on a Sith Basic...does Starkiller assist when Dooku counter attacks or is called to assist by GK? Or are counter attacks & assists not considered for using a basic?
    Does Starkiller assist twice when Dooku attacks twice on basic?
    Scenario:
    GK uses call all allies to attack special, SK attacks once from GK, Dooku attacks once from GK...is this attack counted as Dooku using a Basic for SK to assist?
    If when GK special calls Dooku, can Dooku double tap?...would SK assist then twice on this double tap? So getting possible 3 attacks from SK during GK Lead the Charge special?
    Post edited by Yotd1076 on
  • Yotd1076 wrote: »
    In GAC Starkiller assists on a Sith Basic...does Starkiller assist when Dooku counter attacks or is called to assist by GK? Or are counter attacks & assists not considered for using a basic?
    Does Starkiller assist twice when Dooku attacks twice on basic?
    Scenario:
    GK uses call all allies to attack special, SK attacks once from GK, Dooku attacks once from GK...is this attack counted as Dooku using a Basic for SK to assist?
    If when GK special calls Dooku, can Dooku double tap?...would SK assist then twice on this double tap? So getting possible 3 attacks from SK during GK Lead the Charge special?

The game differs between «uses X ability» and «uses X ability during their turn». So the way the omicron unique is written, he should assist also when siths use basics outside of their turn - such as when countering, or when they themselves are assisting. The maximum possible attacks from SK in one turn is theoretically only limited by how many sith basics you can dish out in one turn.
  • He does assist on Dooku's basics, even if Dooku does that outside of his turn - tested, not just theory.