Developer Q&A - Grand Arena Championship Changes - 12/02

1789101113Next

Replies

• 0ke0u30cwidw.jpg

After 2 rounds, how can this happen? Shouldn' t be two of them with 2 wins? Who will win if after the 3rd round two players have 2 wins?
  • This has happened because one (or more) matches in your bracket has seen neither player earn any banners, which means both are credited with a loss.

If you lose the “final”, my instincts are that both you, your opponent, and indeed anyone else who ends on 2 wins, will share the #2-4 prizes.
  • This has happened because one (or more) matches in your bracket has seen neither player earn any banners, which means both are credited with a loss.

If you lose the “final”, my instincts are that both you, your opponent, and indeed anyone else who ends on 2 wins, will share the #2-4 prizes.

I had this happen after 2 matches in the previous round. I ended up going 3-0 anyway and got the top prize. But even if I didn't win, I would only need to get some banners to finish top. I would assume that I'd still get top prize as I finished 1st in the leaderboard. It doesn't say anywhere that 3 wins is a requirement.

I had this happen after 2 matches in the previous round. I ended up going 3-0 anyway and got the top prize. But even if I didn't win, I would only need to get some banners to finish top. I would assume that I'd still get top prize as I finished 1st in the leaderboard. It doesn't say anywhere that 3 wins is a requirement.
    No it doesn’t say that explicitly, but I think we’ve all been here long enough to know that CG isn’t always so good with clarity…
  • Thanks.
  • Why can't we set a squad for ships like we do for characters
  • Has anyone finished top with only 2 wins yet? Did you get 1st place prize or 2nd to 4th?
  • Do you get more skill points based on total “banners” in a win vs opponent? Do you get more skill points based on margin of victory?

Or are skill points pure win loss?

Very good question and we are waiting for an answer ...
  • RESERVED

slickdealer wrote: »
    Do you get more skill points based on total “banners” in a win vs opponent? Do you get more skill points based on margin of victory?

• CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    RESERVED

Do you get more skill points based on total “banners” in a win vs opponent? Do you get more skill points based on margin of victory?

Depends on what year you're asking
  • TheDude420
    439 posts Member
    edited March 2022
    RESERVED

Skill Rating is purely based off win/loss. The number of points scored does not affect it.