Territory War Matchmaker

Replies

• I continue to read with interest the horrific match making some of our community continue to face. I think the first wave of TW upgrades is a promising start but in no way can it be declared a success. The Galactic legends balance along with the scarcity of Omnicron materials will continue to hamper this game mode. We need to see a better distribution of wars where the GL numbers of registered players on either side is closer in numbers. Executors also serve to imbalance fleets. Again, numbers need to be matched and the mechanics such that certain fleets also get the Omnicron perk to help. Good work CG - but more to do - much more to get this game mode back to fun.
  • nottenst
    682 posts Member
    edited November 2021
    Our current match

Members :: 46 vs 50
    GP :: 243.2M vs 270.4M
    Avg Arena Rank :: 268.00 vs 250.42
    Avg Fleet Rank :: 122.54 vs 64.42
    Zetas :: 4717 vs 5435
    Ults :: 27 vs 31

[Actual # of GLs is 35 vs 49]

===========Matches===========
    Match 1 :: ✅ 13482-8890, 178.1M vs ❌ 12168-12803, 211.8M
    Match 2 :: ✅ 13823-9126, 189.5M vs ❌ 8286-13924, 218.2M
    Match 3 :: ❌ 8631-11780, 188.7M vs ❌ 8403-21403, 228.2M
    Match 4 :: ❌ 9714-13533, 199.2M vs ✅ 11803-11221, 228.2M
    Match 5 :: ✅ 13413-8639, 204.3M vs ✅ 12456-8352, 200.3M
    Match 6 :: ❌ 11369-11411, 186.8M vs ✅ 11684-9208, 219.5M
    Match 7 :: ❌ 11396-18305, 185.7M vs ✅ 10104-9089, 208.4M
    Match 8 :: ❌ 8405-14323, 188.3M vs ✅ 11629-9628, 207.7M

This time we got slightly under 200M active GP, but I guess that they were still over 200M. I am guessing that the matchmaker saw our two wins in a row and decided to give us a harder match while our opponent with 3 losses in a row was given a easier match and crossed tiers. This is just based on the limited information they have given about the current matchmaking.

As expected, we are getting demolished.

Also, as seen in the past at this GP level, 23 squads per territory. We have 37 active members in the TW. Has anyone seen a formula yet for number of squads?
  • No, I am trying to figure it out on the numbers. Our last TW was again in our favour - we had a big leap on JMK and Executor. Although with a front wall of Padme and DR they got stuck on the GL wall in front of fleets and then hit DR but it was only toppled in the last 5 mins.

We were 47/50 and fielding 27 slots per zone.

pi7cwtw5ago8.png

sf68ajgm44nu.jpeg
  • thanos_123
    8 posts Member
    edited November 2021
    So, my guild is currently at 290m gp and have a bit over 100 gls.
    We are not really a hardcore guild, but we do give lots of emphasis on TW, and we really enjoy winning and have beat even guilds that are 50mil gp over ours, or have even double our gls!

Below is a chart of the teams we have faced after the changes:

tvv7y9qpikes.png

I am really curious to know, how my 290m-109gls guild is expected to beat ones with 330-340m gp and 140-150 gls. How is it fair when we have to face a guild that has over 50m gp on us and 40-50 gls more?

Also, if you want "fair fights", then you should remove the differences in rewards for winning-losing and especially the relic 9 materials! If I had won my previous 2 matches, i would have been rewarded 0 relic 9 materials, while my enemies would have gotten 1!!
    I do not believe it is fair to guilds that really invest in TW.

edit: fixed color on row 3
    Post edited by thanos_123 on
  • That’s a clear indication on the importance of GL - including Executor.
  • FidoElite wrote: »
    That’s a clear indication on the importance of GL - including Executor.

I do believe my guild is doing fine on the GL numbers.
    But when we are up against guilds with 50 and 60 mil gp, i do not see how we can have as many as them.
  • Totally agree on your points. It’s a shame we can’t get the stats of the ‘registered’ match up. I think on GL numbers, it remains a challenge if you are up against overwhelming odds. Omicrons will add to the spice of TW.
  • So, I have to do a followup to my previous post.
    We finally hit 300m gp with 111 gls.
    and our opponent is a 250m gp guild with 37 gls.
    match making at its finest!!!
  • Yahoo! I get a couple days off. 332 vs 396 million GP, 136 GLs vs 269 GLs. Full 50 vs 50. Nice job making another game mode terrible.
  • Day 534, CG still dont give a cluck, to Match making...
    258 GP vs 306 GP
    45 GL vs 105 GL
    Full 50 vs ??
  • We have another extremely unbalanced match, even though we are on a losing streak and they are on a 4 TW win streak. If anything the algorithm seems to be getting worse the last few TWs.
  • BeralCator wrote: »
    We have another extremely unbalanced match, even though we are on a losing streak and they are on a 4 TW win streak. If anything the algorithm seems to be getting worse the last few TWs.

WAI…
    I don’t think they care about guilds having fun. They only care about defending an indefensible match making system that is clearly garbage.
  • We are aware that some Guilds are battling in Territory Wars against higher GP Guilds with a deeper roster and can feel impossible to beat.

Currently, we don’t see any egregious issues in the data but, after looking at the posts on the forums, it’s clear that we need to investigate further. Territory War Matchmaker is something we have been monitoring closely for a while but we still need to gather more info about the current situation.

I am combing through the forum for past GP mismatches for my report but I could use your help. Please post here with the following info if you have experienced a large mismatch in Guild GP during Territory War in the last couple months .

• felixneoly wrote: »
    We are aware that some Guilds are battling in Territory Wars against higher GP Guilds with a deeper roster and can feel impossible to beat.

Currently, we don’t see any egregious issues in the data but, after looking at the posts on the forums, it’s clear that we need to investigate further. Territory War Matchmaker is something we have been monitoring closely for a while but we still need to gather more info about the current situation.

I am combing through the forum for past GP mismatches for my report but I could use your help. Please post here with the following info if you have experienced a large mismatch in Guild GP during Territory War in the last couple months .

Your analysts may be looking at means, where there is no statistical issue in the data. However, the actual issue is guild-level differences. Maybe some simple descriptives for different variables with large differences in match-ups might help show the scale of the issue.
    Think of it in terms of exam results: the overall stats may look fine, but if 0.1% of students are awarded the wrong result, that is still a travesty of injustice.
    Ok, so this is only a game, but it is one into which players invest a lot of their time and effort, so expect a fair match. Maybe your expensive ML was trained on biased data, so the output can never be correct...
  • 7519.jpeg

48/50 from my guild have joined. 36 squads per zone. We are not on a crazy winning streak or anything.

73tgkdsaqy23.png
  • felixneoly wrote: »
    We are aware that some Guilds are battling in Territory Wars against higher GP Guilds with a deeper roster and can feel impossible to beat.

It straight up doesn’t matter if GP is similar. It matters if GL count is similar. That’s the biggest predictor of the outcome.
  • Another example of the great MM algorithm...I am sure we will stop their winning streak...
    bxnjs65y2yrd.jpg
  • Al5
    3 posts Member
    So, our guild hovers around the 300 mil GP mark, and brains become a real issue for us. At 300-319.9 GP we have to win to receive a single brain, so unfair match ups cost us significantly. We used to have a pretty decent TW record going back to the summer and will usually beat closely matched guilds, but the last few months have largely written off our TW attempts.

One thing that would really help is if rewards were the same for both guilds - that way if we got unfairly matched up to a 350m guild and got hammered, at least we could pick up a brain or two on the way.

I've attached a screenshot of the current match up and the previous 8. As you can see the current war sees us with 307m GP (less 1 participant) taking on a 399m GP guild (93 vs 277 ults, 2 vs 45 Lord Vaders, 0 vs 96 relic 9s!)

The columns with the prize categories show the confirmed reward categories - so this isn't just about a GP heavy guild participating with significantly fewer numbers. Also, I've just shown Executor, Kenobi and Lord Vader - the other GLs have similar mismatching (typically 1:2 ratio).

So for us this isn't a one-off, and it's hitting us both in gear and morale. You'll also see out of the last 9 wars (and it goes back further), we've had 2 fairly strongly in our favour, 1 even match, and 6 where we've been significantly outnumbered.

sc4vagjkc2v6.png
  • Kevin_Crysler
    9 posts Member
    edited January 2022
    y5ercbr2i62c.jpeg

Kinda good present for new year...
    51 legends vs 104

7ghdr1pgakbj.png

Give US some feedback C'MON!!!!!!!!!!
  • Date of TW: January 2, 2022
    My Guild GP: 255M
    Opposing Guild GP: 328M
    # of my guild members who joined: 46
    # of opposing guild members who joined: Same I guess???How am I supposed to know that?

They have an armada of Galactic Legends. Please cancel the war.
  • We are aware that some Guilds are battling in Territory Wars against higher GP Guilds with a deeper roster and can feel impossible to beat.

I am combing through the forum for past GP mismatches for my report but I could use your help. Please post here with the following info if you have experienced a large mismatch in Guild GP during Territory War in the last couple months last change to TW matchmaker was in March 2018.
  • nottenst
    682 posts Member
    edited January 2022
    I thought that the new matchmaker is supposed to take recent record into account. It sure didn't seem to do so with our latest match. Or maybe the number of matches it uses is less or more than I thought. Complete GL mismatch. Our opponent also has a nice whale with two R9 toons.

Ults :: 35 vs 47
    ===========Matches===========
    Match 1 :: ❌ 8819-11765, 210.5M vs ✅ 19963-11000, 227.5M
    Match 2 :: ✅ 13312-9942, 174.9M vs ✅ 18451-15545, 226.1M
    Match 3 :: ✅ 13293-10140, 201.7M vs ✅ 19934-9656, 229.0M
    Match 4 :: ✅ 15897-4171, 200.5M vs ❌ 17789-20700, 218.4M
    Match 5 :: ❌ 11013-11347, 182.7M vs ✅ 20451-19670, 225.9M
    Match 6 :: ✅ 16142-10146, 202.4M vs ✅ 17189-9560, 220.7M
    Match 7 :: ❌ 8613-12287, 197.3M vs ✅ 18610-16125, 223.7M
    Match 8 :: ✅ 13482-8890, 178.1M vs ✅ 16616-13674, 212.1M
  • Ponf
    26 posts Member
    edited January 2022
    ljuzy7wysxc0.png

Are you sure that your matchmaking works correctly? the difference in the legend is too big, especially JMK and LV. And this is without the executioners.
    When there is not even an opportunity to do something, it is disappointing and there is a desire to quit everything.
  • 300M vs 375M
    Just a simple question, just one: how do you think the customers feeling about spending in this game?
  • Ponf
    26 posts Member
    edited January 2022
    At that moment we have registered for Territory Battles with a galactic power of 337(total 343) million and 49/50 guild members. How did it happen that we met a rival with a galactic power of 291 million? The difference in galactic power is 46 million and two "divisions" of galactic power. They have 88 legends, we have 152 now. Do you think they have a lot of chances to win? Such a system is not fair and kills interest in the game. We either lose outright if we meet a guild of 380+ million, or we win guilds that are much weaker than us. Why do we almost never meet equal opponents?
    In addition, only in this event it is possible to obtain parts for R9, so why is there an artificial limitation in the ability to obtain these parts?
    I will try to contact the leader of this guild and present their view of this war.

CG Can you at least somehow comment on this situation, so that it would be clear that you see these posts?
  • I posted recently about our being outmatched by our opponent, this time it was the other way around by about the same amount. It seems ridiculous that the matches are so lopsided one way or another.
  • Great Job matching us up...
    266v301
    WE ARE GETTING SLAUGHTERED!
    CAN WE AT LEAST HAVE A WHITE FLAG OPTION FOR WHEN YOU'RE MATCHMAKING CODE SUCKS?
    1zfbqm1izhej.jpg
    d3o2bfbkb9fv.jpg
    ob15z3bwapeu.jpg
    fjr4xo1l1k5b.jpg