Fix your broken GAC matchmaking!!!

Prev1
iMacedon
3 posts Member
edited May 2022
I am 3.6m gp, non GL, got matched against players that have GLs 3 times. Only one of them placed his GL on defense. Either give us way to counter GLs with non-GL team, or fix your **** matchmaking. You made this game unenjoyable, and I hope the community stand up against this nonsense. Don't even wanna mention conquest. Does anyone know way to contact Capital Games?
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• GAC matchmaking works the same way it has for over two years now. Fix your roster.
  • Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    GAC matchmaking works the same way it has for over two years now. Fix your roster.

This is always the solution. Do not blame the matchmaking for YOUR own roster decisions. GP bands is honestly the fairest way to do it. If you don't want to be on the backfoot, improve your roster meaningfully.
  • I got hate messages because my opponent had 1 GL while I had 3.......his gp was higher than mine.

It's based on GP, which is how it should be.
  • nottenst
    682 posts Member
    edited November 2021
    iMacedon wrote: »
    I am 3.6m gp, non GL, got matched against players that have GLs 3 times. Only one of them placed his GL on defense. Either give us way to counter GLs with non-GL team, or fix your **** matchmaking. You made this game unenjoyable, and I hope the community stand up against this nonsense. Don't even wanna mention conquest. Does anyone know way to contact Capital Games?

You would think that it would only be logical for non-GL rosters to be matched against non-GL rosters after they took away non-GL counters to GLs. Unfortunately, CG is not logical (except when it comes to trying to monetize their game). Still, be careful about what you wish for, because after many complaints about the matchmaking in TW, they did change it and it looks to be even worse than it was before. People complained about how they changed Conquest and made it more of a grind and they just made it worse.

It is very unlikely that they will change the matchmaking in GAC in any positive way from your viewpoint. Most of their actions have been pointed towards forcing people to get GLs one way or another.

The one positive thing they did do is make it easier to get some of the gear that you need in order to gear up the required characters that a GL needs. Previous to that they did increase the drop rate of shards of some of those characters. This way you will be able to get some of the GLs faster than those who were around when they were first introduced.

So, it seems that best thing you can do to improve your roster is to pick a GL you like and go full force into getting it. (Of course wrt the GAC matchmaking, as soon as you get one GL you will probably be matched against someone with 2 and so on.) Also, keep an eye on your GAC history and look at that of your opponents. Get some ideas from them about squads that are good blocks. Check the GAC meta page at https://swgoh.gg/gac/
    Talk to people in your guild.

As far as communicating with Capital Games. The only thing that seems to get any attention is leaving a review for the app at the Google Play Store or the Apple equivalent.
    Post edited by nottenst on
  • nottenst wrote: »
    You would think that it would only be logical for non-GL rosters to be matched against non-GL rosters after they took away non-GL counters to GLs. Unfortunately, CG is not logical (except when it comes to trying to monetize their game). Still, be careful about what you wish for, because after many complaints about the matchmaking in TW, they did change it and it looks to be even worse than it was before. People complained about how they changed Conquest and made it more of a grind and they just made it worse.

Why? No seriously, why? Why should people flourish in a PVP environment in a game where there is a clearly defined meta when they do not work towards that meta?

Why should people who are laser focused on achieving that meta being almost punished by ONLY going against people with the same focus?

Why should those who made bad or uninformed roster decisions be rewarded by ONLY going against those who made similarly bad choices?

This line of thinking makes no sense in a COMPETITIVE environment and only serves as an excuse, and a bad one at that.
  • Gale_Toral wrote: »
    nottenst wrote: »

Why? No seriously, why? Why should people flourish in a PVP environment in a game where there is a clearly defined meta when they do not work towards that meta?

Why should people who are laser focused on achieving that meta being almost punished by ONLY going against people with the same focus?

Why should those who made bad or uninformed roster decisions be rewarded by ONLY going against those who made similarly bad choices?

This line of thinking makes no sense in a COMPETITIVE environment and only serves as an excuse, and a bad one at that.

It must be too hard for you to comprehend, but it is because CG changed the rules. Those people who went after the non-GL counters to GLs were NOT making a bad or uninformed roster decision at the time. There was no way to know that CG would nerf all those counters.
    It must be too hard for you to comprehend, but it is because CG changed the rules. Those people who went after the non-GL counters to GLs were NOT making a bad or uninformed roster decision at the time. There was no way to know that CG would nerf all those counters.

No I would argue that it was a bad decision to chase a counter as opposed to getting the OP unit itself. Why wouldn't you want to put yourself at an advantage? I repeat, this is a competitive game. Either move with the competition and strive to be on top in all game modes or fall behind. It's the exact same in any competitive environment.
  • Gale_Toral wrote: »

No I would argue that it was a bad decision to chase a counter as opposed to getting the OP unit itself. Why wouldn't you want to put yourself at an advantage? I repeat, this is a competitive game. Either move with the competition and strive to be on top in all game modes or fall behind. It's the exact same in any competitive environment.

Building a known counter to one GL while working on another GL is not a bad decision in the game unless CG pulls the rug from under you and nerfs that counter. GAC is not the whole game. I doubt that people who are solely focused on GLs are on top in all game modes. There are many valid reasons for building non-GL squads in other aspects of the game. By ignoring GLs in the matchmaking process, they are making GAC and TW a worse experience than what they've done to Conquest.

Ideally when you see who you are matched up against you should think that you have a chance to win the match. If your opponent somehow has 2 or 3 more GLs than you do, you know right away that the odds are remote that you can win. The point of matchmaking should be that the matches are competitive and not an outright laugher on one side or the other.
    Gale_Toral wrote: »

Hard to disagree with that. Still, how many now-useless-characters that are not prerequisites for GLs or Executor did you relic to build those counters ?
  • nottenst
    682 posts Member
    edited November 2021
    Starslayer wrote: »
    Hard to disagree with that. Still, how many now-useless-characters that are not prerequisites for GLs or Executor did you relic to build those counters ?

I don't think any of them are useless right now. [Actually, looking at my relics, my only relic characters that are currently not requirements for GLs or Executor are CAT, Malak, JKR, Jolee, DR, Bastila, BastilaF, and Brood Alpha. Can't recall whether 501st clones are reqs for requirements. ]

But in any case, even if you are going up against someone with 5 GLs and you only have 2 GL, you can win if the guy with 5 GLs never attacks. :)

I did manage to clear him (he placed 2 GLs on defense) with only one battle taking 2 attacks that was in his lower rear. My GL vs GL battles somehow went a lot easier than expected. Since he didn't attack I don't know whether I would have won anyway. I also really have no clear idea how he kept his GP down so low while getting 5 GLs. You never know.
    Post edited by nottenst on
  • It's unlikely this will be fixed. The idea is to encourage the weaker players o open their wallets.

How frustrated are you by this? DO you want to buy your way out of it? That's what the developers want.

I am continually matched against teams of 4, 5 or 6 GL's (I have none), which is why I just join and ignore it. I just let it run. Not gunna waste my time and energy on something that is broken and just encourages P2P so I can compete.
    Lies - total and utter lies.

Please share your ally code to prove this claim. You won’t, of course, because you are a dishonest troll. @TommoTommo1234
  • I am continually matched against teams of 4, 5 or 6 GL's (I have none), which is why I just join and ignore it.
    If you built up a 7 or 8 million GP roster - which is what you'd have if you were drawing 5 or 6 GL opponents - without a single GL of your own then that is entirely your fault.

Though frankly I agree with DarjeloSalas that your claim is a steaming pile of pudu.
  • but that's the problem with Gac, lik
    e my ships arena, they introduced it, while I was in the top 20 in my arena I couldn't crack into the top 500, for ships and checking through the ranks only up to 200 (which is as far as i could possibly check 100% of what i could check had spent all had spent the minimum 1200$ to 1300$ dollars, to 7* their entire fleet, many months later and i mean much later on the rebalanced ships... sigh, so I could at least come in the top 200, just barely but when admiral parrot came out all 200 i could see through the 200 in game had his ship to varying degrees either instantly 7* or on his way in less than a month, meaning and further reinforce they fudge my arena group against ridiculous whales and people who had been playing the game since its release, while I started roughly 3rd year in give or take, my GAC arena to catch up to the last people I vsd I would have to spend to 100 grand. ( i wish i was joking) admiral pierort plus all 6 GL,s etc, and mind you this was over a month back so add in super farming for what ever comes next so they're basically saying to catch up spend north of 50-100 grand.... so basically they walled my progression and I need to spend 50 plus grand to climb higher than 7-8th. and i CANT EVEN BE SURE THEY WERE TRYING, WHILE I TRY my HARDEST with my lowly 2 GLs vsing 6 GLS, and now you link crystal progression with it.
    . this change is unfathomable. my halfdozen friends i called originals for the past 3 years have played on while the rest all quit. My Originals have quit in the past month and now your'e forcing me. you made it impossible for me to progress now. it was hard before now its impossible its not reasonable to think i should fork out north of a hundred grand to remain on top. you paywalled progression with failquest. with 4/5 matches of GL rey were bugged out to ****. perma bugged her when i used a certain mod and now you linked my crystal progression with GAC, i here by ask for a total refund of what ever i spent. no.1 in arena less than ten days out of my top 100, missed a tiny fraction of progress and vsing full clear accounts. its despicabley abusive.i cant add a photo of the 1st day no.1 in arena and 0 crystal. it wont let me upload pictures of GL, teams i vs and the 0 crystal reward. go suck a lemon.
  • It's unlikely this will be fixed. The idea is to encourage the weaker players o open their wallets.

How frustrated are you by this? DO you want to buy your way out of it? That's what the developers want.

I am continually matched against teams of 4, 5 or 6 GL's (I have none), which is why I just join and ignore it. I just let it run. Not gunna waste my time and energy on something that is broken and just encourages P2P so I can compete.
    Lies - total and utter lies.

Please share your ally code to prove this claim. You won’t, of course, because you are a dishonest troll. @TommoTommo1234

Find a facebook group and you will see it's not just me who was having this problem.

And it's fairly obvious your the sycophantic troll
    Ally code @TommoTommo1234

Here’s mine: 343174317

Share your’s to show us you’re being truthful. Or don’t, to prove you are lying
    I am continually matched against teams of 4, 5 or 6 GL's (I have none), which is why I just join and ignore it.
    If you built up a 7 or 8 million GP roster - which is what you'd have if you were drawing 5 or 6 GL opponents - without a single GL of your own then that is entirely your fault.

Though frankly I agree with DarjeloSalas that your claim is a steaming pile of pudu.

That's not how GAC used to work. In the past the matchmaking was broken. You actual GP had NO relevance to who you got matched against. You can scream and yell all you want like a little ea sycophant, but you're wrong.

I don't know if it's been fixed yet. We'll see.
    Ally code?
    I am continually matched against teams of 4, 5 or 6 GL's (I have none), which is why I just join and ignore it.

That's not how GAC used to work. In the past the matchmaking was broken. You actual GP had NO relevance to who you got matched against. You can scream and yell all you want like a little ea sycophant, but you're wrong.

If you were running a multi-million GP roster without a single GL before this matchmaking change you would still have been screwed and it would still have been all your own fault.

And your claim is still a steaming pile of pudu.
  • Buzzsaw
    89 posts Member
    edited December 2021
    OMG you are making me a CG apologist here. They said up front it would be whonky initially, and resolve itself over time as people battle, win and lose. Your roster makeup and abilities will all lead to you gravitating to people who will be very comparable on the whole over time.

But that will take time to sort out.

Which they said.

Before the changes were even released.
    Post edited by Buzzsaw on
    Rath_Tarr wrote: »

If you were running a multi-million GP roster without a single GL before this matchmaking change you would still have been screwed and it would still have been all your own fault.

So what you're saying is it's my own fault for not plowing money into this game to get a GL?
    Or i could have spent 2 years just farming 1?
    What I am saying is that it's your fault for not being competent or consistent enough to get a GL.

It does not take 2 years to farm a GL even as F2P. That is another steaming pile of pudu.

It does however take focus, regular participation and a little planning. Areas where you are apparently lacking.

If you can farm and gear millions of GP in non-GLs then you can farm and gear 300k of GL prerequisites. It's a choice, this game is full of them and you are responsible for yours.

So what you're saying is it's my own fault for not plowing money into this game to get a GL?
    Or i could have spent 2 years just farming 1?
    What I am saying is that it's your fault for not being competent or consistent enough to get a GL.

It does not take 2 years to farm a GL even as F2P. That is another steaming pile of pudu.

It does however take focus, regular participation and a little planning. Areas where you are apparently lacking.

If you can farm and gear millions of GP in non-GLs then you can farm and gear 300k of GL prerequisites. It's a choice, this game is full of them and you are responsible for yours.
    This guy isn’t facing GLs in GAC.

I’m guessing his GP is no higher than 2.5M.
  • Matchmaking still screwed. I have 5 GLs, getting matched with an entire bracket of 6 GLs, would whaling $1000 on a 6th GL fix this? No, because there are already 6 GL people who have whaled on r7 Starkiller prerequisites.

This game is gamblers dilemma. People have invested years into playing it get tempted to double down and spend more so the game will suck less. But it doesn’t matter how much you spend, they simply won’t balance matchmaking. It’s pretty pure pay to win, not much skill involved. CG is evil and greedy, and Disney is evil by extension for licensing to a company that is so greedy and psychologically abusive to its players.
  • Matchmaking still screwed. I have 5 GLs, getting matched with an entire bracket of 6 GLs, would whaling $1000 on a 6th GL fix this? No, because there are already 6 GL people who have whaled on r7 Starkiller prerequisites.

This game is gamblers dilemma. People have invested years into playing it get tempted to double down and spend more so the game will suck less. But it doesn’t matter how much you spend, they simply won’t balance matchmaking. It’s pretty pure pay to win, not much skill involved. CG is evil and greedy, and Disney is evil by extension for licensing to a company that is so greedy and psychologically abusive to its players.
    You should take a few minutes to familiarise yourself with how matchmaking has changed.

If you keep getting matched with 6 GL owners and getting beat, eventually your skill level will drop far enough that you will get matched with people you can beat.
  • I don't mind facing people with 1 GL more than me at all but my entire bracket had 4-5 GL's when I have 2. I feel like I should be able to at least have a chance to win. I'm FTP and I'm going up against newer whales who don't have much fat to their roster because they can afford to just whale out on specific characters. My roster doesn't have a lot of fat either but over the years I have leveled up some toons that haven't panned out. I didn't have the luxury of leveling them all at once.
  • Asia7738 wrote: »
    I don't mind facing people with 1 GL more than me at all but my entire bracket had 4-5 GL's when I have 2. I feel like I should be able to at least have a chance to win. I'm FTP and I'm going up against newer whales who don't have much fat to their roster because they can afford to just whale out on specific characters. My roster doesn't have a lot of fat either but over the years I have leveled up some toons that haven't panned out. I didn't have the luxury of leveling them all at once.
    You will continue to fall until you hit a point where you can win about half your matches. Might take a few more GAC brackets to get there but once you do, your matches should be more reasonable.
  • I think a simpler solution is to make each bracket of carbonite, bronzium, chromium, aurodiam etc. and the 1 through 5's have a GP that is the ideal CG recommends that higher GP's can not infiltrate lower brackets but would allow skillful players of lower GP to punch up but if knocked down they go back down as long as their GP is not above the threshold net sort of speak.
  • harvestmouse
    890 posts Member
    edited March 2022
    GP isn't an accurate way of match making though. You have 2 guys at 3 million GP. One totally knows what they are doing and is very lean at 3 million. The other has no idea; no idea about mods, no idea about characters, no idea about how many teams they need, no idea about getting gear etc etc.

How much difference in GAC power could you possibly have at 3 million. 3 times as much?.... even more?

I think GLs are a big problem though. There shouldn't be such a massive step from the top legendary characters to the galactic legends. And with the more GLs added, the more it'll be a problem. At some point with GLs it'll become a paper,scissors,stone match like ships.
  • GP isn't an accurate way of match making though. You have 2 guys at 3 million GP. One totally knows what they are doing and is very lean at 3 million. The other has no idea; no idea about mods, no idea about characters, no idea about how many teams they need, no idea about getting gear etc etc.

How much difference in GAC power could you possibly have at 3 million. 3 times as much?.... even more?

I think GLs are a big problem though. There shouldn't be such a massive step from the top legendary characters to the galactic legends. And with the more GLs added, the more it'll be a problem. At some point with GLs it'll become a paper,scissors,stone match like ships.

true but it's more consistent of not having completely lopsided matches. me a 3.2M player should not be facing a 5.5M player with 30 relics and 30 g12s and such. It's an issue when players are sandbagging their rating on purpose to go bully lower level players for more consistent 1st place rewards and just to smurf and troll on lower powered players.