Tier list - common synergies [WIP]

SpikeOscar
15 posts Member
edited December 2015
This game doesn't revolve around single characters so much as team synergy, so take this list with that in mind. [Ed: also see helpful comments below]

For end game, the ability to get to 7 stars is important, so unless you are a big spender this rules out many of the chromium only characters (though reasonable chance they will be farmable at some point in time).

If you are a big spender, this list probably doesn't apply to you.

These type of lists are only a starting point and not a gospel really. But I thought it might help people out. Thanks.

S-Tier
Farmable, useful in several types of teams.

Darth Sidious (aka Sid; fairly fast, heal buff immunity, damage over time (DOT) synergises with Vader and IG-88)

Luminar Unduli (Lumi, great heal, leader skill useful in GW; decent special nuke with ability block)

Used in the generic, 2 healers plus 3 attacker teams these teams can take you through to the end game. Sid, Lumi plus almost any other two attackers and a healer can carry you well in Arena and GW, eg Daka, Jedi C, even Talia; plus IG-88, Biggs, Luke, Finn etc.)

A-tier unique skill

Old Daka (revive plus double stun potential; squshy in end game but will also take you through dark side battles in the main story line and useful addition to GW). Can be useful in Arena for lower powered teams to RNG a double stun to take out highr power teams, also note Phasma synergy.

Boba Fett (basically, a fairly reliable ability block which will be a battle winner for many types of arena teams)

[Ed] Poggle. He gets a special mention not just because of his obv droid synergies, but also because his buff lasts 3 turns. This means you can buff any quite hard hitting AoE character into a super hard hitting one, so IG-88 but also Darth Maul, Ventriss etc.

A-tier synergy

Droid teams (might be considered an S rank team?]
IG-88 / Poggle Lesser / HK-47 / IG-86 even possibly IG-100 MagnaGuard, for Droid teams. Theoretically Lobot might fit here too, but I've not seen him. You can throw in Chewie or Poe as a taunt protector. A bit weak on defense to many teams, but strong on offense. [Ed: @WarpSpeedyMcGee usesthe 3 driods plus Poggle and Poe, and it's a top 3 team on offense and can hold its own defence, on my server]

Captain Phasma (almost unique, really shines in counter teams as the counter attack can also call an assist); Counter teams; Kylo Ren, CT-5555 Fives plus any counter unique characters. Counter teams seem to played adequately well by the AI; and a well timed Phasma on the offense is a winner.

B-tier synergy

Crit teams
Sid as lead usually and then high crit attackers. Some of these attackers have been nerfed in the recent update (eg Resistance Pilot, Trooper) and some are amazing at high stars eg FOTP, First Order TIE Pilot, but he's very hard to star without much chromium speding; Leia, Lando (a high star Lando, can pretty much wipe you turn 2 as his skill resets)

Healer-Tank teams
These are A teams if mixed with Counter (and you willl likely have Fives as core, see above) but without Counter, they are a bit weak to Sid in my view, though AI seems to do OK with them.

You can build strong teams around many of the chromium unqiue characters eg Lando, Old Ben, Leia; Darth Maul (plus eg Poggle) but unless you can get them to at least 6 stars they will fade vs a 7 star 2 healer plus 3 attacker; or a 7 star whale team.

There might be undiscovers gems too that synergise, eg Ackbar ? Underworld Police ? but the above are probably the "safest" teams.
Post edited by SpikeOscar on

Replies

• Reserve 1
  • Heronmar
    433 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    SpikeOscar wrote: »
    This game doesn't revolve around single characters so much as team synergy, so take this list with that in mind.

For end game, the ability to get to 7 stars is important, so unless you are a big spender this rules out many of the chromium only characters (though reasonable chance they will be farmable at some point in time).

If you are a big spender, this list probably doesn't apply to you.

These type of lists are only a starting point and not a gospel really. But I thought it might help people out. Thanks.

S-Tier
    Farmable, useful in several types of teams.

Darth Sidious (aka Sid; fairly fast, heal buff immunity, damage over time (DOT) synergises with Vader and IG-88)

Luminar Unduli (Lumi, great heal, leader skill useful in GW; decent special nuke with ability block)

Used in the generic, 2 healers plus 3 attacker teams these teams can take you through to the end game. Sid, Lumi plus almost any other two attackers and a healer can carry you well in Arena and GW, eg Daka, Jedi C, even Talia; plus IG-88, Biggs, Luke, Finn etc.)

A-tier unique skill

Old Daka (revive plus doulbe stun potential; squshy in end game but will also take you through dark side battles in the main story line and useful addition to GW)

Boba Fett (basically, a fairly reliable ability block which will be a battle winner for many types of arena teams)

A-tier synergy

Droid teams
    IG-88 / Poggle Lesser / HK-47 / IG-86 even possibly IG-100 MagnaGuard, for Droid teams. Theoretically Lobot might fit here too, but I've not seen him. You can throw in Chewie or Poe as a taunt protector. A bit weak on defense to many teams, but strong on offense.

Captain Phasma (almost unique, really shines in counter teams as the counter attack can also call an assist); Counter teams; Kylo Ren, CT-5555 Fives plus any counter unique characters. Counter teams seem to played adequately well by the AI; and a well timed Phasma on the offense is a winner.

B-tier synergy

Crit teams
    Sid as lead usually and then high crit attackers. Some of these attackers have been nerfed in the recent update (eg Resistance Pilot, Trooper) and some are amazing at high stars eg FOTP, First Order TIE Pilot, but he's very hard to star without much chromium speding; Leia, Lando (a high star Lando, can pretty much wipe you turn 2 as his skill resets)

Healer-Tank teams
    These are A teams if mixed with Counter (and you willl likely have Fives as core, see above) but without Counter, they are a bit weak to Sid in my view, though AI seems to do OK with them.

You can build strong teams around many of the chromium unqiue characters eg Lando, Old Ben, Leia; Darth Maul (plus eg Poggle) but unless you can get them to at least 6 stars they will fade vs a 7 star 2 healer plus 3 attacker; or a 7 star whale team.

There might be undiscovers gems too that synergise, eg Ackbar ? Underworld Police ? but the above are probably the "safest" teams.

Firstly, congrats on writing such detailed guide/tier list.

However I'd change your Droid team synergy even though I believe it is a S-tier team. The first 4 (IG86&88, Poggle and HK47) are pretty much set and have been playing around with the last spot for possible combinations.

IG100 works on paper but he doesn't offer anything remotely to team and can't address the inherent problems with the team (low survivability) thus really not up for consideration.

Chewie is also too slow for his taunt to come into play thus not really useful either. Lobot might have been useful but he seems still too slow (18% speed bonus still makes him go after HK47[not sure on this]) and by that point you probably lost a droid hence his heal is not that useful and here are better options for DPS.

Regarding Poe, I don't have him but I think he could fit in quite nicely, high speed makes him reliably taunt and the expose debuff if it procs just means death for toon and that is why I will start farming him when Daka hits 5*.

For what I've been using is, Daka or Dooku. Dooku gives you stun but still no survivability so you either wipe out the enemy team or get wiped out, my fights typically end with me having 3 surviving toons most of the time and resolved under 1 min (barring any RNGesus effects coming into play). I've been using Daka against Sid teams since she also has quite good speed, she will be able to heal through Sid AoE and help the droids survive the incoming onslaught.

Lastly, I'd like to throw Geonosian soldier there. He also has assist similar to IG86 and similar to it pretty much in every aspect with just a bit higher speed and a bit lower crit chance. If his assist procs any of your buffed droids, someone is dead and even if procs your Poggle which hits quite low the bonus of being Geonosian (Geonosian masterrace?) would also do quite a bit of damage and maybe proc Poggle's ability block (not sure on the last part).
  • Varlie
    1286 posts Member
    Nice post. I'll have to refer back to it when I get home and am able to start comparing I have at what levels.
  • Nice guide bro! Thanks for taking the time to write it.
  • Here's a question. Are we destined to hit a point where basically every team has sid and lumi on them? Seems like they certainly are the top 2 most sought characters, with good reason, but what happens when everyone had them?
  • Skye
    795 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    I think you underestimate droid teams and indeed any team that uses Poggle...

In the Arena, when you face them they're not a huge issue because they don't survive long, and your only concern is downing them... However in the GW, facing a droid team is generally a nightmare as you will take significant damage without much opportunity to heal your team afterwards due to the droids having very low health.. This in itself can seriously mess up your GW progress for the day if you encounter them in a relatively early node

Poggles offensive team buff lasts a good three turns when leveled up and can pretty much ruin your day on its own.

Also I wouldn't dismiss Old Daka from the Arena too easily either. A fairly well setup Phasma team leader with a couple of people to support old Daka.. Can also make things a bit of a nightmare, especially if the AI lucks out and has over half your team stunned!
    Former crazy person of the guild "Shard Awakens"... *quit game 13th July 2016*

Game used to be fun when it wasn't a grind... if I wanted a grind I would have went and played old school Everquest or some Korean MMO!
  • duffmc81 wrote: »
    Here's a question. Are we destined to hit a point where basically every team has sid and lumi on them? Seems like they certainly are the top 2 most sought characters, with good reason, but what happens when everyone had them?
    They are free.. of course they are so prominent. But there are other healers that may show up in the meta later on. Ackbar is a perfect example of this. He will be a great foil to teams that rely on debuffs.

• Mtwizard
    48 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Boring...
    Normal infomation on this site
    Just search that
    Here's a question. Are we destined to hit a point where basically every team has sid and lumi on them? Seems like they certainly are the top 2 most sought characters, with good reason, but what happens when everyone had them?

You learn how to deal with them. I take Lum out 1st. I typically let Sid go until last. His SG ability he heals as people die, plus with hrealers and/or taunters you are wasting time unless you know you can fully take him out. Lum hits harder and heals big so I wipe her 1st.
  • Great guide, I agree with a lot of what you have to say. Very well done.
  • Time
    293 posts Member
    duffmc81 wrote: »

You learn how to deal with them. I take Lum out 1st. I typically let Sid go until last. His SG ability he heals as people die, plus with hrealers and/or taunters you are wasting time unless you know you can fully take him out. Lum hits harder and heals big so I wipe her 1st.

I do the opposite and kill sid first. His heal block hurts more then ability block, and when I apply heal block I can manipulate lumi to waste a turn if I want. Also sid is faster and gains life+turn meter when someone dies. I suppose if I ran no healers sid wouldn't be top priority but unless I see some super high dps guy I will always focus sid first.
  • Time wrote: »

I do the opposite and kill sid first. His heal block hurts more then ability block, and when I apply heal block I can manipulate lumi to waste a turn if I want. Also sid is faster and gains life+turn meter when someone dies. I suppose if I ran no healers sid wouldn't be top priority but unless I see some super high dps guy I will always focus sid first.

I do the same. I usually roll with lumi and a few self healers. Sid has to go first if I wanna stand a chance. Most of the time chewie is in there, so I have to ability block him first. I always have to pray that lands.
  • I would agree that you have to take Sid out first. He gets a couple of hits in to block healing on some key team members, and you will be in trouble when those same characters find themselves in the red and you cannot do anything about it.

I generally go after healers first, but if there is a Sid on the team, he gets all of my attention.
  • usually sid first (unless FOTP, geo soldier, darth maul(I usually run lump and sometimes QGJ and his double damage can be a 1 shot on QGJ and bring lumi to yellow), and depending on level and starring dooku) then the other hard hitters and then tanks/non lump healers

I started in December... Sid lumi were everywhere early on, but both have mostly vanished from top 100 odd arena play. Rather than everywhere it's just with teams where they make sense...

Personally view Sid teams as a free lunch now. :) still great in gw!

They're still awesome and I'd advise any new player to go for both first, but they did get phased out ony server as it got older.
  • No mention of the night sisters!?
    They're a force to be reckoned with.

A well trained lead ventress can wreck your whole team. Tho I've yet to encounter a Ventress in arena that rivals mine. ^_^

Initiate has THE highest health in game, and dishes out good damage as well.

People mock Talia, but she heals 110% with each hit, and her heal is actually very good +TM boost.

Daka usually steals the show, she's probably the most used nightsister due to lack of DS healers. I wouldn't know, don't have her yet.

Acolyte.... Well, if they beefed up her crit rate she'd be great. =\