Server Maintenance?

Replies

• The issue is down to lazy coding.

I don’t know why people keep saying things like this as if it’s an insult to the devs. This game isn’t a point of pride for them. They don’t develop this game because they want to create an enjoyable, memorable experience. They are told to do as little as possible to make the most money. This game is designed to make people pay with as little effort and expense from the company. It’s like telling a phone scammer he is scum. He doesn’t care what you think, he is paid to take everything he can from people fool enough to give it to him.

Wrong.

Some people actually take pride in their work.
  • Shaddess wrote: »
    They won’t do anything for you.

That's not true. They occasionally put Crystal's in your inbox saying ,"Sorry for the inconvenience. " There is a high likelihood they will for this.

I’d truly like to be optimistic and am holding out but I can assure that crashes are not usually if ever compensated. I still have the records of it but had a game crash during SEE T3. It was my last attempt and literally spent the max crystal refreshes for energy to get the tix for it. Since it crashed I had to go into this weeks bracket without another GL and I wasted 3600 crystals.

Support told me at first they don’t handle the game and to call a phone number for Swotr, after explaining that they didn’t even have the right game, they still sent me away. Called number and it didn’t work. Got back with support and was told they can’t even see my energy refreshes purchased and that I must be confused.

Even cable company’s have been better at helping assisting and listening to their customers. End of rant and accepting the 3 CWC shards.
  • Same here.... I had 3 GAC battles crash and lost because of them!!!
    Ended up with nothing to beat a Phasma team!!!
    Just 🤬🤬🤬💩💩💩pwm9ar5a78do.jpg
    6on51lv1qxos.jpg
  • I can confirm - happened to me during fleet battle. Ive beaten Nego but the server error appeared and it didnt log battle
  • Gavsta
    201 posts Member
    Be nice for this to be acknowledged & some compensation for the lost battles (& crystals) are considered.
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    Gavsta wrote: »
    Be nice for this to be acknowledged & some compensation for the lost battles (& crystals) are considered.

It’s 6 AM in California, so we’ll have to wait a while
  • Ultra wrote: »

Was just about to say, while many are upset, we need to remember that like anyone who works, they aren’t in the office 24/7 and while it may be day in some places, can guarantee, Sun still isn’t even up here on the west coast and it occurred on a Sunday so they wouldn’t be in on the weekends.

We’ll most likely get an investigation announcement in around 1 1/2 to 3ish hours and then it will be some time. Not sure what tools exactly they have but they’re going to need to time to sort and fix the issue off the bat and we’ll need to be patient while they sort out course of action.

• The issue is down to lazy coding.

I don’t know why people keep saying things like this as if it’s an insult to the devs. This game isn’t a point of pride for them. They don’t develop this game because they want to create an enjoyable, memorable experience. They are told to do as little as possible to make the most money. This game is designed to make people pay with as little effort and expense from the company. It’s like telling a phone scammer he is scum. He doesn’t care what you think, he is paid to take everything he can from people fool enough to give it to him.

Wrong.

Some people actually take pride in their work.

It doesn’t show. At all.
  • I guess this isn’t going to be addressed? So my loss in GAC was due to this issue and nothing will be done. Got it.
  • DMG_SW
    215 posts Member
    I guess this isn’t going to be addressed? So my loss in GAC was due to this issue and nothing will be done. Got it.

Believe it or not, some companies give their employees New Year's Day off. And when that falls on a Saturday or Sunday, as it did this year, they will instead give their employees the first Monday after New Year's Day off.
  • RoBane1738 wrote: »
    It cost me a battle in GAC once already, now I’m cautious to continue
    Same here. It cost me first place in GAC. I filed a ticket and they told me to come here and post what happened with everyone else. They aren’t offering any compensation or solutions other than this.

• DMG_SW wrote: »
    I guess this isn’t going to be addressed? So my loss in GAC was due to this issue and nothing will be done. Got it.

Believe it or not, some companies give their employees New Year's Day off. And when that falls on a Saturday or Sunday, as it did this year, they will instead give their employees the first Monday after New Year's Day off.

Except they’ve been off since December 23 for the holidays. I think it’s fair to think that they should be back today but what do I know?

We're still waiting.

• Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    Ultra wrote: »

We're still waiting.

They’re out today

I’ll reach out to them again tomorrow, assuming they are in office tomorrow

We're still waiting.

They’re out today

I get today if the excuse is observing NYD, but what’s the point of missing tomorrow?
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    Ravens1113 wrote: »

We're still waiting.

They’re out today

I get today if the excuse is observing NYD, but what’s the point of missing tomorrow?

More vacation.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • In my most recent Grand Arena round (03/01/2022), I lost an extremely easy fleet battle against my opponent because after wiping their fleet, the game informed me the servers were under maintenance and so the battle didn't count. Despite this, it counted as a battle and consumed my fleet without any damage on theirs. I still managed to clear the fleet but due to no first battle bonus lost the GAC by less than 10 banners. Usually I wouldn't really care, but considering every win at my rank is worth 330 crystals total, this is incredibly unfair.
  • Expect CWC shards in your inbox soon
  • Don't underestimate the power of CWC. Just look at what he can do in a Padme team

We're still waiting.

They’re out today

Isn't it embarrassing that they have nobody available for emergency situations like these when their game completely screws up?

Telling you, if it wasn't Star Wars most of us would have moved on already. Can only hope that a different game studio makes a similar Star Wars game game now that EA lost its exclusivity. Because it can't actually be worse than what Capital Games is doing.
  • They definitely have people who get alerts and monitor the servers and fix accordingly if things break unexpectedly, as they do.
    Doesn't mean they have anyone to make a public statement about it, we all know how their communication is during a normal working week let alone over the holidays.
  • Recurve wrote: »
    They definitely have people who get alerts and monitor the servers and fix accordingly if things break unexpectedly, as they do.
    right-dr-evil.gif

We're still waiting.

They’re out today

Still out today it seems. They don't give a crap, do they?

We're still waiting.

They’re out today

Yeah they’re still out. Neither crumb or Doja have logged in since before the holidays. Now I’m genuinely curious when they’re supposed to come back. It wouldn’t shock me if they’re out the rest of the week for whatever reason. Sigh….
  • Ravens1113 wrote: »

We're still waiting.

They’re out today

Yeah they’re still out. Neither crumb or Doja have logged in since before the holidays. Now I’m genuinely curious when they’re supposed to come back. It wouldn’t shock me if they’re out the rest of the week for whatever reason. Sigh….
    giphy.gif

• Honestly, not sure what you’re expecting at this point. The damage is done and I haven’t seen anything that leads me to think it is still an ongoing issue. They may or may not acknowledge the issue, but it is unlikely they can determine who was actually affected by it and are even less likely to do anything about it.

Computers occasionally fail, accept it and move on.
    https://swgoh.gg/p/319514721/
    DISCLAIMER: Post is subject to change.
  • This issue also affected me this past Grand Arena. I am eagerly waiting for at least an acknowledgement from CG of the issue that took place.
  • I was happy to only encounter the issue once while shopping in the store. That is usually where my game likes to fail, click next store, loading icons for stuff... and boom!
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.