Crystals - Wat or Executor?

TargetEadu
1513 posts Member
edited January 2022
This is a rather hypothetical question, but I feel it’s worth asking.

As of now I have a 4 star Executor. I also have a 4 star Wat. My current plan is to spend a large amount of hoarded crystals on the Executor event in order to get him to 5 star, maybe 6 star. Should at minimum be 7 star in 3 months or so with that plan. Without crystals… much longer.

However, there’s also the possibility of Wat shards appearing in the Weekly Shipments store in that time. (Other valuable shards too, but mostly just Wat.) At my current rate of Wat collection in my guild, I’d 7 star Wat in a year. Will probably speed up as more guildmates can complete the mission, but still a long time.

So, a hypothetical: would it be better to spend crystals on Executor shards or Wat shards?
Post edited by crzydroid on

Replies

• Executor would enable you to earn more crystals from fleet arena, Wat only needs his zeta to make a big difference to whatever team you put him in unless you are trying to get JMK.
  • I mean, I’d be trying to get JMK if I had a 7 star Wat…
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    Executor & then use that to get into a good guild to get more wat shards.
  • My gut reaction is executor first, then wat.
  • Monel
    2776 posts Member
    edited January 2022
    TargetEadu wrote: »

As of now I have a 4 star Executor. I also have a 4 star Wat. My current plan is to spend a large amount of hoarded crystals on the Executor event in order to get him to 5 star, maybe 6 star. Should at minimum be 7 star in 3 months or so with that plan. Without crystals… much longer.

However, there’s also the possibility of Wat shards appearing in the Weekly Shipments store in that time. (Other valuable shards too, but mostly just Wat.) At my current rate of Wat collection in my guild, I’d 7 star Wat in a year. Will probably speed up as more guildmates can complete the mission, but still a long time.

So, a hypothetical: would it be better to spend crystals on Executor shards or Wat shards?

I applaud you for calling your ship a him. Most people call their ships a her or an it, but you made it a dude! That's very refreshing to see.
  • Monel wrote: »

I applaud you for calling your ship a him. Most people call their ships a her or an it, but you made it a dude! That's very refreshing to see.

It's implied in the name isn't it? Executor vs Executrix... One big happy imperial family. Just need the little executots to bring it all together.
    F2P since the last time I bought Kyros, Crystals, or the Conquest Pass.
  • Monel
    2776 posts Member
    Monel wrote: »

It's implied in the name isn't it? Executor vs Executrix... One big happy imperial family. Just need the little executots to bring it all together.

I suppose this is true from the origin of the words. Although executor is basically just a person now. Good point.

The executots are probably millennials and aren't going to contribute until they turn 40 or 50.
  • … I don’t know if Piett or Wat threw me off, but something did.
  • crzydroid
    7252 posts Moderator
    edited January 2022
    I mean, I’d be trying to get JMK if I had a 7 star Wat…

For the time being, Executor will probably take you further in GAC than JMK, and then there's fleet arena as well.

JMK has a lot of requirements, including two r8s. You are banking on Wat shards showing up, which no one knows if that will happen, and it won't shave all that much time off your grind for what they would likely offer. Do Exec now as that's both in your grasp and has a closing window for utility (plus will leave you more in the dust if you don't have it). If Wat is that huge of a concern, the answer is to switch guilds. If that's not in the cards, consider another GL.