Updated New Player Farming Path by Intimmydation

Replies

• Did you figure out what you’re going to do with SEE? I’m in the same boat but with the GAC change I’m trying to build out my roster but wondering if you decided if SEE is still a good option?
  • Just wanna say that I followed this guide pretty closely, and thanks to the GBA event in September and the Malevolence event I'm top 3 in Fleet Arena (for as long as it sticks around) and working on G13 Vader. Thanks Intimmydation!
  • Arvokio wrote: »
    Did you figure out what you’re going to do with SEE? I’m in the same boat but with the GAC change I’m trying to build out my roster but wondering if you decided if SEE is still a good option?

Yes in the end I will still go for SEE as I am building many requirements towards him anyway, but compared to the original plan I will build up Shaak Ti and clones to relic first (as well as DR & Malak). This means SEE timeline will be delayed a bit longer, but depth of the roster is becoming very important now with GAC, and also these squads will be a big help in both TB and CPIT.
  • dodathdo wrote: »
    Just wanna say that I followed this guide pretty closely, and thanks to the GBA event in September and the Malevolence event I'm top 3 in Fleet Arena (for as long as it sticks around) and working on G13 Vader. Thanks Intimmydation!

Very good. Yes these Galactic Chase events have definitely helped especially for those of us who focused on Geo fleets early, securing that Malevolence early with the right ships locks up those daily crystals.
  • Intimmydation
    680 posts Member
    edited January 2022
    HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!

Week 33 Update - January 6, 2022
    rnf5bqj0cb37.png
    • 8-1 record through 3 rounds of new GAC (only loss to a SEE GL), full clears every other time
    • In Carbonite 1, like promotion to Bronzium league next season...yikes!
    • 4 more teams will be needed, what shall I do?!
    • 3/5 Troopers at relic 5, the other 2 at g12
    • Consistent top 5 finishes in HSTR raid with Troopers, full solo of p3 and 1/3 of p4

Top of roster overview
    nodckhbdmvqu.png
    zyyjglklertn.png
    pc1zj0u54ogg.png
    4miem1ol36ma.png

Focus Areas
    • GG to relics so I can put another team in place for GAC
    • Range and Veers to relic 5
    • Fives to relics and then gear up the Shaak clones for another GAC team
    • Darth Revan requirements in process
    • JKR team being geared up (likely JKR g12, Jolee r3, Bastilla g11 are the targets)
    • Farming ships for Negotiator fleet, likely 1.5 months away from 5* unlock
    • The above would give me +3 teams for GAC once done, need to figure out 1 more at least
    • BH/Scoundrel improvements? Nest solo? QGJ omicron?

Farms
    nc8mp8ra01hf.png

*forgot to add HK-47 and DDK in screenshot
  • Could you do a screenshot/breakdown of your Offense/Defense teams that got you that 8-1 run to the top and what your tenative plans are for 2 weeks from now when you start in the 5 teams needed division.
    Grum the third swgoh.gg https://swgoh.gg/p/144884575/
    || Grum the Mighty swgoh.gg || OldBaldGuyGaming Youtube
  • Could you do a screenshot/breakdown of your Offense/Defense teams that got you that 8-1 run to the top and what your tenative plans are for 2 weeks from now when you start in the 5 teams needed division.

I'll give a bit of a breakdown since for now I just have them all on a "5v5" tab in no particular order for Offense vs Defense.

Defense Teams
    • Geos
    • Padme with JKA (r5) Ahsoka GK & GMY....outside of JKA most are g9
    • Scoundrels Boba lead, Mando, Greef, Nute, Han....this team is awful but I passed on farming Bossk until just recently, so until I can get a proper BH team up, it will have to do
    • Future #4: GG (trying to get to r4 at least) and g9-11 Sep droids
    • Future #5: Phoenix...I guess

Offense Teams
    • Imperial Troopers: Veers, Piett, Starck, Range, & Gideon
    • Vader: normally just solo except this time went against full relic Geos, so had to take the rest of the Empire
    • JKR Jolee Bastilla Ezra Kanan.....ideally need to move GMY here maybe put R2 with Padme
    • Future #4: Shaak Ti clones (g8 with relic Fives...though a ways off)
    • Future #5: Empire: EP, Thrawn, Mara, Tarkin, Gideon

For the future offense, I may have to roll with only 4 Troopers to give Gideon to the empire team so they can have damage. This only works if I know Vader can do the solo (I have a g8 BSF I can stick somewhere too) while I am working towards DR.

I also have QGJ farmed so have the option to build an omicron QGJ team, but it would basically steal the Padme team.

Malevolence is normally set on Defense since most cannot beat it, and my Vader, JKA & ITB are strong enough to take out most others....and Negotiator will be ready at 5* in about 1.5 months
  • Intimmydation
    680 posts Member
    edited January 2022
    Week 34 Update
    wtx6upor1lwz.png

Highlights and Key Info
    • Finished GAC 11-1, with only lost against a SEE
    • Finished the season in Carbonite 1, so got promoted to Bronzium 3
    • Will now need 5+5 squads or 10 total....going to be tough
    • Fully expect to go 6-6 at best over this next GAC season, hanging around mid to lower Bronzium league
    • Have 10 "teams" shown below I will likely have to deploy, but some are not even modded or geared, but this is what I'm working towards. Have not even started farming some of these
    • Idea is to get a least 1 strong character per teams who can really make the team work, such as relic JKA under omiQGJ (even after the nerf), relic MM, Zam with omicron, etc.

GAC Squads
    mtg05e3l5p6j.png
    60q7p7cr9nu8.png

Current & Future Farming Plans
    • Ships: BTL Y-wing x2, Rex's ship from fleet store, Umbaran starfighter, HT (Jango) with extra energy

1mwkdugdgtxd.jpeg
    boejma510a4m.jpeg
    ofv1d11kmlda.jpeg
  • Good luck in Bronzium! And I Frickin LOVE using squads to track your store/hard node farming. GENIUS Idea!

I am also super curious to see how well my 800k roster does after seeing you crush Carbonite! I doubt I will promote at 800k probably next season which gives me 8 weeks or so to find 10 squads.
  • So first week of the 2nd new GAC season is in the books, and I went 3-0 to win the bracket, and now got promoted to Bronzium 2!

This is what I went up against (new feature on swgoh gg that you can see the full bracket view, it's quite nice)
    rdj2hnv1by9w.png

You will see I was the lowest GP of the bracket, only 1 person within 1m GP of me....and all 3 opponents I beat had 3.2M+ gp...more than 2x what I have.
  • Congrats on your 2nd GAC ! I recognize you have a nice roaster in comparison of your GP. But I don't know how player with these GP loose ?! :open_mouth: I mean, they must have a lot of squad to play.
    But congrats, that's perfect example of the new matchmaking system.
  • Congrats on your 2nd GAC ! I recognize you have a nice roaster in comparison of your GP. But I don't know how player with these GP loose ?! :open_mouth: I mean, they must have a lot of squad to play.
    But congrats, that's perfect example of the new matchmaking system.

Well likely they don't care about GAC, or are just not good with strategy. There is a reason they have fallen down to these Leagues / Divisions.

Bad thing is even when they auto-deploy, should be an easy win for them as they just far outnumber me in relics due to how long they've played the game.
  • Auto Deploy is often easier because they have no synergy in the team but when its someone with triple your GP I can see even an auto deploy being tough!
  • Intimmydation
    680 posts Member
    edited February 2022
    Week 37 Update - February 4

Been 3 weeks since a big update, so I guess it's time for another

Highlights and Key Info
    • 6-1 current record in GAC, up to Bronzium 1 (Chromium here we come? yikes)
    • Range Trooper to relic 5, now all troopers are r5...ready to test CPIT if my guild can get to p2
    • Fives to g12, one piece away from g13
    • GK & Jolee are the next g13 targets, but still need 30 shards of GK for 7* (he is at g11.5 now)
    • Negotiator at 122/145, will unlock after next TB. Fives, JKA, & Ahsoka ready to roll..BTL is nearly 6*
    • Malevolence needs 24 shards for 7*, will buy with 3000 crystals from the weekly shipments next week (not doing cantina refreshes this week to save)
    • Still farming DR character shards, hope to have them finished by the next update to get that team up and running
    • Doing 3x refreshes on normal, fleet & mod energy every day

Current Farms & GR Fleet status
    g51tbwcic0kw.png
    ew0tis78dpza.png
    jxaiqfwdz6iq.png

Mod Farming and Processing
    A few people asked for a bit more insight on what I am doing on mods at the moment, and we have been having a good discussion over on the F2P Nation discord server of some other potential methodologies for newer accounts.

In general, I have focused on building a good mod "inventory" and not trying to mod a specific character at a given time. To do this, I have focused really on farming only 4 different mod sets: Speed, Offense, Defense, & Potency. I farm Speed & Offense sets 2x per week since they require 4 mods to complete the set, and Defense & Potency 1 day per week since they only require 2. The last day can be used for slicing materials.

Some rules I have been following, which are following closely to Darth Loquitur's recent modding YT series
    • Sell all 4-dot and below mods
    • Gold mods sell if no speed secondary, but if it has speed then I level it to 12 to see what I roll
    • Blue & Purple mods I level to expose all secondaries, and if has speed then I take it to level 12
    • Green I will expose the secondaries on Triangles & Crosses if they have a main stat I like, and if they have speed then take to 12
    • Green non-triangle or cross i level 1 tier at a time, and sell if it has flat defense, health or protection...then keep going up. If not speed by level 9, it gets sold
    • Gray mods for triangles, crosses and arrows I follow the same method as Green above
    • Gray mods that are squares, circles, or diamonds I sell
    • Below is a screenshot from DL on the rules I follow for slicing to the next tier, based on where the speed is

pubz3qkydfzu.png
  • Going back would you pick up dooku for your seperatists switch in arena? Also if you restarted would you go with dark trooper over starck?
  • Reaveroni wrote: »
    Going back would you pick up dooku for your seperatists switch in arena? Also if you restarted would you go with dark trooper over starck?

If I were starting now, I'd be farming Dark Trooper from the start, likely instead of Range. He should be accelerated drops starting next month, so I will farm him on my account then as well. And I would likely still get Range, because ultimately I would move Gideon off that Troopers squad to leave Veers Starck Piett Dark Range.

For Dooku it's tough to say. My Sep squad was fine without him, and now with even less importance on Squad Arena there isn't much reason to speed him up, however, two points below.
    1. He is a very powerful character to solo teams once at relics, and since he is needed for SEE, it could be good to build him early to basically give you a full GAC team
    2. You also get a ton of shards of him thru bronziums and GW, I'm at 67/85 now without ever farming him...so you save a lot of energy by just letting him come to you naturally.

So in the end you could go either way and it wouldn't be wrong.
    Going back would you pick up dooku for your seperatists switch in arena? Also if you restarted would you go with dark trooper over starck?

If I were starting now, I'd be farming Dark Trooper from the start, likely instead of Range. He should be accelerated drops starting next month, so I will farm him on my account then as well. And I would likely still get Range, because ultimately I would move Gideon off that Troopers squad to leave Veers Starck Piett Dark Range.

For Dooku it's tough to say. My Sep squad was fine without him, and now with even less importance on Squad Arena there isn't much reason to speed him up, however, two points below.
    1. He is a very powerful character to solo teams once at relics, and since he is needed for SEE, it could be good to build him early to basically give you a full GAC team
    2. You also get a ton of shards of him thru bronziums and GW, I'm at 67/85 now without ever farming him...so you save a lot of energy by just letting him come to you naturally.

So in the end you could go either way and it wouldn't be wrong.

Ok so will you be going Veers.starck.piett.range.dark in your arena with gideon on a empire squad?

Also I am just now at lvl 46 converting from full 5* to full fleet farms

Intending primary focus on kru.geospy.soldier.boba.sunfac till GBA

Gac squads will be hard focused only there equipt for a while
    Padme plo gmy asoka jka
    geos
    Clones under shaak
    Imp troopers dark over starck for now.
    Ok so will you be going Veers.starck.piett.range.dark in your arena with gideon on a empire squad?

Yes, which will make my Empire team EP Mara Thrawn Gideon Tarkin...as my Vader goes on duo duty with Talon
    Gac squads will be hard focused only there equipt for a while
    Padme plo gmy asoka jka
    geos
    Clones under shaak
    Imp troopers dark over starck for now.

I would suggest to do QGJ omicron lead instead of Padme. It will be much stronger early on as it essentially just needs a high gear JKA (g12 or preferably g13) to work. Plus it only needs 1 zeta vs 5 from the Padme team.

And if you plan on getting Bastilla and Jolee (with or without JKR), you can put GMY and even Ahsoka there for a decent jedi squad.
  • Khanh
    8 posts Member
    edited February 2022
    Mara Jade is now farmable on Light Side hard node 6D. Is it worth it to add her to the farm nodes? Currently level 59 and am farming veers, vd, piett, range, bastila. Gonna start adding jka, gideon, and recently dark trooper to the list since you mentioned on the post above to farm him as well. Should I add mara jade to this list? it already seems quite long bc I wanted to save some of my energy for gearing my geo pilots who are currently g7 (soldier nearly g8). Or maybe just enough to unlock her which apparently is enough to have a good empire team and also because shes not accelerated drop.
  • Should we consider going for pietts ship instead of gg ship?
  • Khanh wrote: »
    Mara Jade is now farmable on Light Side hard node 6D. Is it worth it to add her to the farm nodes? Currently level 59 and am farming veers, vd, piett, range, bastila. Gonna start adding jka, gideon, and recently dark trooper to the list since you mentioned on the post above to farm him as well. Should I add mara jade to this list? it already seems quite long bc I wanted to save some of my energy for gearing my geo pilots who are currently g7 (soldier nearly g8). Or maybe just enough to unlock her which apparently is enough to have a good empire team and also because shes not accelerated drop.

Sorry for the delay. So Mara is a great toon, who you should definitely get....eventually. At level 59 there are so many other things you need to be working towards, including ships, it's just not really worth it to do a single shard farm.

Personally I would just skip her for now, and if you end up following a similar plan to me in this thread, i.e. going for SEE long term, then at some point you can circle back to farm her once the rest of your Palp team gets stronger. She is good at low stars, but again, just so many other things to work towards first.
    Should we consider going for pietts ship instead of gg ship?

INSTEAD of the Malevolence? No.
    But, you should consider going for it at some point, though as a newer player you need to consider the following:
    1. How many Razor Crest shards do you currently have, and how many needed to get it to 7*? Better to wait a few more weeks until CG tells us where CG will be farmable
    2. Do you have access to relic 8 materials? You will need two r8 characters for Executor, which yes you can buy the materials (aeromags) for crystals, but better to wait till you're in a guild clearing CPIT
    3. Do you have all the other BH ships and pilots farmed? This is a very long venture especially if you didn't get the Hyperdrive Bundle, as it is 6 ships needed (+RC) and ships are LONG farms...not to mention their pilots

IMO, i would go for Malev first (5*) then probably also start building Negotiator while going for your first Galactic Legend. After getting your first GL, then seriously consider getting the Executor next before another GL.
  • 1. How many Razor Crest shards do you currently have, and how many needed to get it to 7*? Better to wait a few more weeks until CG tells us where CG will be farmable

Did not know CG was becoming farmable
    My discord - BabyYoda#4470 My swgoh.gg - https://swgoh.gg/p/648565123/
  • 1. How many Razor Crest shards do you currently have, and how many needed to get it to 7*? Better to wait a few more weeks until CG tells us where CG will be farmable

Did not know CG was becoming farmable

always busting my balls on discord and now on the forums too.....you and Roger Roger going to be the death of me
    Should we consider going for pietts ship instead of gg ship?

INSTEAD of the Malevolence? No.
    But, you should consider going for it at some point, though as a newer player you need to consider the following:
    1. How many Razor Crest shards do you currently have, and how many needed to get it to 7*? Better to wait a few more weeks until CG tells us where CG will be farmable
    2. Do you have access to relic 8 materials? You will need two r8 characters for Executor, which yes you can buy the materials (aeromags) for crystals, but better to wait till you're in a guild clearing CPIT
    3. Do you have all the other BH ships and pilots farmed? This is a very long venture especially if you didn't get the Hyperdrive Bundle, as it is 6 ships needed (+RC) and ships are LONG farms...not to mention their pilots

IMO, i would go for Malev first (5*) then probably also start building Negotiator while going for your first Galactic Legend. After getting your first GL, then seriously consider getting the Executor next before another GL.

Just curious if I run geos under tarkin can I save the 17k crystals and buy the capital ship outright? Just clarifying that I can. This is a newer account about to hit 54 with full or close to full g7 geos on standby with 4k plus gw currency saved and VD at almost 4*. Figured I could horde crystals for a minute for long term fleet domination.
  • Khanh
    8 posts Member
    edited February 2022
    What was your GW / Fleet Token spending method? Was it like that of darth loquitur (save 1200 for GG, DV, and DV's advanced TF)? How about GW Tokens? did you just buy whatever ship, that u needed ofc, when it appears at anytime? or mainly focused on getting one to a certain star level then only spending tokens on the other ships to get them all to the same star level? Oh and lastly, what did u end up using Guild tokens for after maxing out Stark? Thank you
    Just curious if I run geos under tarkin can I save the 17k crystals and buy the capital ship outright? Just clarifying that I can. This is a newer account about to hit 54 with full or close to full g7 geos on standby with 4k plus gw currency saved and VD at almost 4*. Figured I could horde crystals for a minute for long term fleet domination.

You still have to meet the requirements to start the event which I believe are below, then you can buy Executor shards with crystals. But you would want all the ships to run under it anyway, so just not worth it imo to skip on Malevolence....it will put you way behind because just getting 8 characters to high relics will take a while, and if you don't get good crystal income from fleet right away, it will slow that process down significantly

Darth Vader Relic 7
    Admiral Piett Relic 8
    Boba Fett Relic 8
    TIE Fighter Pilot Relic 5
    Bossk Relic 5
    IG88 Relic 5
    Dengar Relic 5
    Tier 1
    Rewards: 10 Executor Shards
    Playable once

Razor Crest (5-stars)
    Slave I (4-stars)
    IG-2000 (4-stars)
    Hound's Tooth (4-stars)
    TIE Advanced (4-stars)
    TIE Bomber (4-stars)
    Imperial TIE Fighter (4-stars)
  • When did you loop back around and get zeb to 7*?
  • Khanh wrote: »
    When did you loop back around and get zeb to 7*?

After getting my the GEOS ships all to 7*, so a while after. Didn’t matter too much and I only finished Thrawn to 7* a few weeks ago. Wasn’t really a rush
  • Khanh
    8 posts Member
    How come you skipped out on the jango fett/HT node? I thought that HT was a staple ship in most fleets. Would it not be better to farm hyena bomber and HT instead of the tie bomber? I know the other two nodes are farther away than these two, but not quite sure how effective was your tie bomber as being a replacement? or just in general how effective it was.